Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Fan posters of BBJX2:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/67dfe450gw1dqrfi1oxdzj.jpg')

Familiar faces:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6cf52953jw1dr1svmg6i1j.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by de1tafrida View Post
    I suppose I'm like one year late in catching the Bu Bu Jing Xin bug. I only got interested in the serial when it was about to end in Singapore (like 20+ episodes), and I watched the rest from You Tube. OMG - I love Shi Shi, Nicky, Kelvin, Yuan Hong, etc. after watching the serial. I even signed up on Weibo though I'm not sure what they are talking about??? It's weeks and I'm still not out of the craze yet! Help!
    Anyone know where to get the 2nd part (as in the sequel)? I saw an unauthorised one written not by Tong Hua, but by a not-so-famous writer.
    http://lz.book.sohu.com/lz_info.php?bookid=8666
    I know it's not the best kind of writing, but I'm so desperate for a good ending, anything will do...lol. Wonder if anyone is like me?
    i recommend this sequel written by a very talented netizen and bubu fan.
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1331457
    if you use firefox and can't access it, well, my firefox browser has problems accessing this page sometimes as well but when i keep refreshing it, it eventually works. or you could be using a different browser.

i started off reading this fanfic for 2 reasons
    1. i was in bubu withdrawal mode and, like you, needed some kind of ending to satisfy the vacuum in me that bubu had sucked out.
    2. someone on weibo recommended it to Karen to use it as a script to film the bubu sequel. which got me VERY curious

i was really expecting a fanfic kind of writing style from this sequel, just like how many netizens wrote about zhangxiao running out of the museum after the modern 4th prince, followed by some very rigged events where they quickly get to know each other and soon ............. well, yeah.

but i was surprised after reading the first chapter at the depth in which the author describes zhangxiao's emotion after the museum incident. one amazing thing about this sequel it almost feel like its tonghua's writing. the way the author describes zhangxiao's feelings in first person is just SOOO much like zhangxiao's personality.

unlike most fanfics, zhangxiao didn't run after modern 4th prince (or didn't manage to catch him, i don't remember, i read it too long ago), but the next time they met, the scenario and setting of the meeting really had me gasping 'gosh, it is fate'

and besides writing in first person and remaining very close to zhangxiao/ruoxi's personality, the storyline is a very riveting one, there are deep insights into certain themes of chinese culture, history, the spirit of chinese people in preserving their rich history, all in modern day setting, and also some very emotionally stirring aspects of certain characters that is so touching that you are brought to tears even when it doesn't relate to 4th/ruoxi's romance.

the writer was definitely a very well-educated, talented, insightful person who really planned her sequel out beforehand and did her research

and the ending is very satisfying, not in that it is an awesomely happy bubbly kind of ending, but it give you the enjoyment of having been on the emotional roller coaster ride with ruoxi a second time
    i think all of us who have been aching from bubu's ending will enjoy this sequel, as it relieves much regret and longing from the drama, but still leave you slightly aching and longing and you'll still feel reluctant to let go ......

my words can't describe enough how much i like this sequel, but just have a read and you'll understand why, although you'll have to be patient because it takes a while to kick off as the story first delves into zhangxiao's emotions and her reflection of 'the past 20 years in qing dynasty'. so you'll probably be spending the first few chapters pulling your hair out and constantly asking 'when the heck is she going to meet modern 4th again?'

and i was just wondering, for you guys in this thread who can read chinese, i don't think anyone has mentioned this sequel before and i was surprised no one was gushing about it because it was very popular on baidu a while ago, so is it because you guys didn't know about it, or did some of you did read it already but it wasn't to your taste?

^^I only managed to catch the first few sentences of it. I couldn't remember enough to share it, since after that, my browsers just blocked me from accessing jjwxc (refreshing numerous times didn't work).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6cf52953jw1dqzpd99huvj.jpg')

i almost choked on my food when i saw this

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    ^^I only managed to catch the first few sentences of it. I couldn't remember enough to share it, since after that, my browsers just blocked me from accessing jjwxc (refreshing numerous times didn't work).
    yes i also had very poor access to the page, sometimes refreshing for a whole day didn't work and i had to try again the next day, but i managed to get through the whole sequel and it was worth it
    its also on baidu though, although that version is not as well edited and its so tiring 'climbing the stairs' just to get to the next chapter :[

Quote Originally Posted by Random Person View Post
    i recommend this sequel written by a very talented netizen and bubu fan.
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1331457
    if you use firefox and can't access it, well, my firefox browser has problems accessing this page sometimes as well but when i keep refreshing it, it eventually works. or you could be using a different browser.

i started off reading this fanfic for 2 reasons
    1. i was in bubu withdrawal mode and, like you, needed some kind of ending to satisfy the vacuum in me that bubu had sucked out.
    2. someone on weibo recommended it to Karen to use it as a script to film the bubu sequel. which got me VERY curious

i was really expecting a fanfic kind of writing style from this sequel, just like how many netizens wrote about zhangxiao running out of the museum after the modern 4th prince, followed by some very rigged events where they quickly get to know each other and soon ............. well, yeah.

but i was surprised after reading the first chapter at the depth in which the author describes zhangxiao's emotion after the museum incident. one amazing thing about this sequel it almost feel like its tonghua's writing. the way the author describes zhangxiao's feelings in first person is just SOOO much like zhangxiao's personality.

unlike most fanfics, zhangxiao didn't run after modern 4th prince (or didn't manage to catch him, i don't remember, i read it too long ago), but the next time they met, the scenario and setting of the meeting really had me gasping 'gosh, it is fate'

and besides writing in first person and remaining very close to zhangxiao/ruoxi's personality, the storyline is a very riveting one, there are deep insights into certain themes of chinese culture, history, the spirit of chinese people in preserving their rich history, all in modern day setting, and also some very emotionally stirring aspects of certain characters that is so touching that you are brought to tears even when it doesn't relate to 4th/ruoxi's romance.

the writer was definitely a very well-educated, talented, insightful person who really planned her sequel out beforehand and did her research

and the ending is very satisfying, not in that it is an awesomely happy bubbly kind of ending, but it give you the enjoyment of having been on the emotional roller coaster ride with ruoxi a second time
    i think all of us who have been aching from bubu's ending will enjoy this sequel, as it relieves much regret and longing from the drama, but still leave you slightly aching and longing and you'll still feel reluctant to let go ......

my words can't describe enough how much i like this sequel, but just have a read and you'll understand why, although you'll have to be patient because it takes a while to kick off as the story first delves into zhangxiao's emotions and her reflection of 'the past 20 years in qing dynasty'. so you'll probably be spending the first few chapters pulling your hair out and constantly asking 'when the heck is she going to meet modern 4th again?'

and i was just wondering, for you guys in this thread who can read chinese, i don't think anyone has mentioned this sequel before and i was surprised no one was gushing about it because it was very popular on baidu a while ago, so is it because you guys didn't know about it, or did some of you did read it already but it wasn't to your taste?

Thanks so much, Random, for the link. I will go check it out. :>

Btw, does the story have a good ending? From the last chapter, it doesn't seem so??

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6cf52953jw1dqzpd99huvj.jpg')

I fell off my chair .....cackling !!

Quote Originally Posted by de1tafrida View Post
    Thanks so much, Random, for the link. I will go check it out. :>

Btw, does the story have a good ending? From the last chapter, it doesn't seem so??
    "From the last chapter" .... ??? did you peek at the last chapter? lol

like i said, it didn't have an incredibly blubbly and cute and happy ending (because that would just be so unlike bubu), but it was satisfying.
    in fact, the actual last chapter of the sequel appeared to be rather happy, and very touching, but then the author probably regretted spoiling us bubu fans and slightly tortured us once again with an epilogue, which was really sad and made me go 'awww omg why did she have to add the epilogue?' and you are left with that same feeling of wanting ruoxi/4th prince to meet again in the next life that we felt at the end of the drama.

so if you did peek at the last chapter and it didn't seem like a good ending, you're probably actually reading the epilogue.
    but even after reading the epilogue, i still think it was a good ending. once again i emphasise that it was SATISFYING, although still making you feel 不舍

Quote Originally Posted by Random Person View Post
    "From the last chapter" .... ??? did you peek at the last chapter? lol

like i said, it didn't have an incredibly blubbly and cute and happy ending (because that would just be so unlike bubu), but it was satisfying.
    in fact, the actual last chapter of the sequel appeared to be rather happy, and very touching, but then the author probably regretted spoiling us bubu fans and slightly tortured us once again with an epilogue, which was really sad and made me go 'awww omg why did she have to add the epilogue?' and you are left with that same feeling of wanting ruoxi/4th prince to meet again in the next life that we felt at the end of the drama.

so if you did peek at the last chapter and it didn't seem like a good ending, you're probably actually reading the epilogue.
    but even after reading the epilogue, i still think it was a good ending. once again i emphasise that it was SATISFYING, although still making you feel 不舍
    I just went to the chapter right at the bottom. Think it is the epilogue. I have this bad habit...must know ending before I read or watch something...lol. Am definitely going to be reading this slowly since it is good.

Read a few others but they are a bit crappy. This ending is somewhat more real...I mean everyone would eventually have to die right? I suppose what makes BBJX so memorable is the sad ending. If all the characters live happily ever after, no one would ponder over it so much.

Some fan/ reporters called 14th as Ba Sao at a recent event due to his good relationship with Kevin both on and off screen. He jokingly asked them remember to put inverted commas lol.. What a sporty guy, now I like LGX

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Some fan/ reporters called 14th as Ba Sao at a recent event due to his good relationship with Kevin both on and off screen. He jokingly asked them remember to put inverted commas lol.. What a sporty guy, now I like LGX
    I think you have a natural affinity to his initials, hee hee hee!
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I think you have a natural affinity to his initials, hee hee hee!
    Yeah I guess so lol

I remember reading somewhere that 13th killed a tiger on a hunt when he was 16-17 with a knife.

Then I cam across Linggluu's blog who posted this recorded historical account of 13th prince:

Yin Xiang inherited the traditional Manchu arts, everything from horseback riding to archery. He was extremely skilled at shooting while riding; if he did shoot, it would hit the target spot on. Once he was on a hunt and a tiger suddenly came out of nowhere, his expression didnt even change, just rushed forward with the knife in hand.

Would have been awesome if they had shown a scene of YH killing a tiger, hahaha!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-20-12 at 03:21 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Now there's this rumour of Eighth Prince and his Fu'jin:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6482e5f1jw1dr662coihjj.jpg')

You guys can tell me what the rumour is in this magazine. Recently I only knew the rumour between K and Ying Er
    My love: Kevin Cheng - Niki Chow

Kevin is a rumor magnet, practically every show he stars in there will be rumors between him and the lead actress lol.. Found this fan made modern day video clip of 8th and Ruo Lan
    Last edited by Luanee; 03-20-12 at 09:13 AM.

Annie and Kelvin do look great together! Better than Charmaine and Kelvin.

What a cute video by Liu XX on Ruoxi, 4th and 8th haha...

Quote Originally Posted by nhocty View Post
    You guys can tell me what the rumour is in this magazine. Recently I only knew the rumour between K and Ying Er
    actually there are always some rumour between two actors after they cooperated...beh ...i remember that ,,kevin has his girlfriend ,an famous actress ..

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post

Muahahaha!!!! Cute!