Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Now there's this rumour of Eighth Prince and his Fu'jin:
    rumor being denied

hmmm... pity. I like Annie and Kevin together. Tho I also like LSS and Kevin (but really leaning towards LongShi), Annie and Kevin are closer age-wise, and somewhat seems more fitting, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    hmmm... pity. I like Annie and Kevin together. Tho I also like LSS and Kevin (but really leaning towards LongShi), Annie and Kevin are closer age-wise, and somewhat seems more fitting, IMO.
    i know what you mean! i think they look good together, haha

I actually think these two looks better together $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/6d/yx_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/6a/laugh.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/20iswtt.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I actually think these two looks better together
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/20iswtt.jpg')[/URL]
    PWAHAHAHHAHAHA but i do approve of annie and kevin in real life! haha THEY DOOO look so good together.... (secretly was quite sad in bbjx that ruolan didnt want to accept no8 all the way till the end)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Person View Post
    i recommend this sequel written by a very talented netizen and bubu fan.
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1331457
    if you use firefox and can't access it, well, my firefox browser has problems accessing this page sometimes as well but when i keep refreshing it, it eventually works. or you could be using a different browser.

i started off reading this fanfic for 2 reasons
    1. i was in bubu withdrawal mode and, like you, needed some kind of ending to satisfy the vacuum in me that bubu had sucked out.
    2. someone on weibo recommended it to Karen to use it as a script to film the bubu sequel. which got me VERY curious

i was really expecting a fanfic kind of writing style from this sequel, just like how many netizens wrote about zhangxiao running out of the museum after the modern 4th prince, followed by some very rigged events where they quickly get to know each other and soon ............. well, yeah.

but i was surprised after reading the first chapter at the depth in which the author describes zhangxiao's emotion after the museum incident. one amazing thing about this sequel it almost feel like its tonghua's writing. the way the author describes zhangxiao's feelings in first person is just SOOO much like zhangxiao's personality.

unlike most fanfics, zhangxiao didn't run after modern 4th prince (or didn't manage to catch him, i don't remember, i read it too long ago), but the next time they met, the scenario and setting of the meeting really had me gasping 'gosh, it is fate'

and besides writing in first person and remaining very close to zhangxiao/ruoxi's personality, the storyline is a very riveting one, there are deep insights into certain themes of chinese culture, history, the spirit of chinese people in preserving their rich history, all in modern day setting, and also some very emotionally stirring aspects of certain characters that is so touching that you are brought to tears even when it doesn't relate to 4th/ruoxi's romance.

the writer was definitely a very well-educated, talented, insightful person who really planned her sequel out beforehand and did her research

and the ending is very satisfying, not in that it is an awesomely happy bubbly kind of ending, but it give you the enjoyment of having been on the emotional roller coaster ride with ruoxi a second time
    i think all of us who have been aching from bubu's ending will enjoy this sequel, as it relieves much regret and longing from the drama, but still leave you slightly aching and longing and you'll still feel reluctant to let go ......

my words can't describe enough how much i like this sequel, but just have a read and you'll understand why, although you'll have to be patient because it takes a while to kick off as the story first delves into zhangxiao's emotions and her reflection of 'the past 20 years in qing dynasty'. so you'll probably be spending the first few chapters pulling your hair out and constantly asking 'when the heck is she going to meet modern 4th again?'

and i was just wondering, for you guys in this thread who can read chinese, i don't think anyone has mentioned this sequel before and i was surprised no one was gushing about it because it was very popular on baidu a while ago, so is it because you guys didn't know about it, or did some of you did read it already but it wasn't to your taste?

Just finished reading this sequel recommended by Random Person. Definitely a good read. Though the ending was a little sad, at least they got together in the end. Thanks, Random Person!

Just wondering, there didn't seem to be any attraction or relationship between Chang Xiao and the 8th Prince this time round right? Anyone else read this? What are your thoughts?

hi there, I'm new to this forum but BBJX brought me here ^.^

I just finish reading the sequel too and the ending was much better than the series, much more satisfying. And I agree with you, there was little interaction btw 8th and Zhang Xiao, there was more 14th and ZX interaction. Don't you agree?

Congratulations to BBJX for winning the award 'TV series that acquired over a hundred million hits online [LeTV only] @ The 2nd LeTV Entertainment Awards!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6321638bjw1drj9cf6mfzj.jpg')

Happy Birthday to Maertai Ruolan as well! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/6a/cake.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/c4/liwu_org.gif')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 03-31-12 at 08:08 PM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Kevin won "Best Actor" for BBJX (HK)

This show caused the death of two little girls, nothing to be happy about. Don't congratulate them. This show should be ban.

Here read something important for once......

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...of-Time-Travel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-TV-blame.html

If you have problem with link or think it might be rick roll than just search up Chinese Schoolgirls commit suicide qing dynasty

I guess then we should ban every show then... if this is your comment. How can one blame a cause of death because of a films or a series.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    This show caused the death of two little girls, nothing to be happy about. Don't congratulate them. This show should be ban.

Here read something important for once......

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...of-Time-Travel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-TV-blame.html

If you have problem with link or think it might be rick roll than just search up Chinese Schoolgirls commit suicide qing dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    I guess then we should ban every show then... if this is your comment. How can one blame a cause of death because of a films or a series.

Well did you read what was in the website of the link I posted?

it obvious those two little girls was indulge into the fantasy of going back to qing dynasty thing that they suicide and hope that they could. Who knows, maybe the maker of the show put some real black magic on most little girls mind and I guess these two girls just couldn't resist doing what they did. But ultimately, the show maker should be held responsible for what happen to the two girls.

Haha, you're kidding me right!? Why is this show to blame for those can't separate drama from reality? They committed suicide due to a lost key, fearing the reaction from their family, thus wanting to escape somewhere else. That tells me that one needs to look at the roles of their family in this whole situation. The story is sad alright, but this whole blaming and banning time travel dramas is ridiculous to say the least.

Well did you read what was in the website of the link I posted?

it obvious those two little girls was indulge into the fantasy of going back to qing dynasty thing that they suicide and hope that they could. Who knows, maybe the maker of the show put some real black magic on most little girls mind and I guess these two girls just couldn't resist doing what they did. But ultimately, the show maker should be held responsible for what happen to the two girls.

Quote Originally Posted by javabeans View Post
    Haha, you're kidding me right!? Why is this show to blame for those can't separate drama from reality? They committed suicide due to a lost key, fearing the reaction from their family, thus wanting to escape somewhere else. That tells me that one needs to look at the roles of their family in this whole situation. The story is sad alright, but this whole blaming and banning time travel dramas is ridiculous to say the least.

If the banning of a few shows, can save people life than why not? Do you know the buddhist saying, saving a person life is better than building a really tall building?

Talking

If the banning of a few shows, can save people life than why not? Do you know the buddhist saying, saving a person life is better than building a really tall building?
    LOL what? so you're saying we should ban shows because ALL people are not realistic. From the looks of your username, maybe we should also ban W.O.W... since you know people can easily.. abandon their responsibility, become delusional, and perhaps.. carry a sword or knife or whatever it is .. and go search for dragons to slay.

we should also ban many superhero movies because we might attempt to fly and die. LOL nice reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Eloquence View Post
    LOL what? so you're saying we should ban shows because ALL people are not realistic. From the looks of your username, maybe we should also ban W.O.W... since you know people can easily.. abandon their responsibility, become delusional, and perhaps.. carry a sword or knife or whatever it is .. and go search for dragons to slay.

we should also ban many superhero movies because we might attempt to fly and die. LOL nice reasoning

You just joined this forum site so you can discuss this with me, so how nice. congratz on your first post

I somewhat agree with your concern, I hope we can tell more people to become aware of this problem.

You just joined this forum site so you can discuss this with me, so how nice. congratz on your first post

I somewhat agree with your concern, I hope we can tell more people to become aware of this problem.
    i really enjoyyyyyyy this series/novel and have been lurking but dont see the point of having the power to post.. until i saw your post LOL

AznGirl621,

I'm glad we think alike. Have U ever found it strange (that the 8th Prince) is not 'in luv' with Zhang Xiao in this series? I find it a little weird. Like something is missing.

I really hope there will be a sequel. But then again, if it is not as good, I'll be very disappointed.

Sorry, IPlayWow, if our talk about BBJX bothers you, and you see the need to ban the show. I love the show, but I'm well aware that it is just a show. I love the cast, but I know they are far from the characters they portrayed.

My dad told me about the suicide too. He even showed me the article from Wan Pao, or was it, Xin Min? But then again, if you read the article, you will realise one of the gals already had some personal problems. The other one was just a follower. They were too immature and see death as the only way out. Not knowing that drowning is one of the most painful way to die. IMO, they didn't just kill themselves to go back to the Qing Dynasty. It was just an excuse. The reporter was sensationalising everything.

If we talk about the need to ban anything...I would think violent computer games should be the 1st to go. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, to some extent, I see the point you are trying to make. But sometimes, banning things don't really work. The forbidden is even more sought after by youngsters nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    But i think Nicky is even older than Kevin right? So Longshi's age gap is even bigger than Yingshi?