Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I actually think these two looks better together $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/6d/yx_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/6a/laugh.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/20iswtt.jpg')
    Lol is there such a scene in the show or is this pic photoshopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    But i think Nicky is even older than Kevin right? So Longshi's age gap is even bigger than Yingshi?
    Kevin is born in 1969, Nicky is born in 1970.

But both are remarkably well preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Lol is there such a scene in the show or is this pic photoshopped?
    Photoshopped lah!

Though there's big 8th-14th fandom out there
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Kevin is born in 1969, Nicky is born in 1970.

But both are remarkably well preserved.

Photoshopped lah!

Though there's big 8th-14th fandom out there
    Oh so kevin is older... Aiyah i thot its a real pic from the show hee..

Yeah, Nicky and Kevin look so well for their age. But ah, we know Asians... we are 'deceitful' in our looks. I'm 38 and people thinks that I'm still 30ish or even 29! Just saying... something in our genes that makes us look younger. But I guess for Kevin and Nicky, I guess they are happy with their lives, hence the younger look. I can certainly say for Nicky... he's much happier now than a few years ago (<cough>ex-wife drama<cough>).

And LOL for the 8/14 pix. So cute!

How well said.... People tend to sought things that is forbidden... that is human nature.. the more you want to band and keep it away.. the more people will sought to try to get it...
    Banding things will never solve anything... if one give the government and office that power to ban what they think is bad for the people, they will next tell you what you need to eat, what to wear, and what to thinks..

Quote Originally Posted by de1tafrida View Post
    AznGirl621,

I'm glad we think alike. Have U ever found it strange (that the 8th Prince) is not 'in luv' with Zhang Xiao in this series? I find it a little weird. Like something is missing.

I really hope there will be a sequel. But then again, if it is not as good, I'll be very disappointed.

Sorry, IPlayWow, if our talk about BBJX bothers you, and you see the need to ban the show. I love the show, but I'm well aware that it is just a show. I love the cast, but I know they are far from the characters they portrayed.

My dad told me about the suicide too. He even showed me the article from Wan Pao, or was it, Xin Min? But then again, if you read the article, you will realise one of the gals already had some personal problems. The other one was just a follower. They were too immature and see death as the only way out. Not knowing that drowning is one of the most painful way to die. IMO, they didn't just kill themselves to go back to the Qing Dynasty. It was just an excuse. The reporter was sensationalising everything.

If we talk about the need to ban anything...I would think violent computer games should be the 1st to go. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, to some extent, I see the point you are trying to make. But sometimes, banning things don't really work. The forbidden is even more sought after by youngsters nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by de1tafrida View Post
    AznGirl621,

I'm glad we think alike. Have U ever found it strange (that the 8th Prince) is not 'in luv' with Zhang Xiao in this series? I find it a little weird. Like something is missing.

I really hope there will be a sequel. But then again, if it is not as good, I'll be very disappointed.

Sorry, IPlayWow, if our talk about BBJX bothers you, and you see the need to ban the show. I love the show, but I'm well aware that it is just a show. I love the cast, but I know they are far from the characters they portrayed.

My dad told me about the suicide too. He even showed me the article from Wan Pao, or was it, Xin Min? But then again, if you read the article, you will realise one of the gals already had some personal problems. The other one was just a follower. They were too immature and see death as the only way out. Not knowing that drowning is one of the most painful way to die. IMO, they didn't just kill themselves to go back to the Qing Dynasty. It was just an excuse. The reporter was sensationalising everything.

If we talk about the need to ban anything...I would think violent computer games should be the 1st to go. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, to some extent, I see the point you are trying to make. But sometimes, banning things don't really work. The forbidden is even more sought after by youngsters nowadays.

Sure if violence video games is your concern than I say we need to raise and awareness of that.

This show series story seem to be more violent than violent video games. It talk about brother killing brother for the taking of the throne. How evil can it get? When the manchurian king and prince and queen was in power in the mainland, many Han people suffer, that why the heaven and earth society took action about them. This show seem to show little Han kids that manchurian king and prince are good people which they are clearly not as you know from their ruling in the mainland.

the scary part is that most little Han kids will watch this and take it as real history. How can their ancestor rest in peace.

Haha, ban this show because it influenced the suicide of two chinese girls who couldn't differentiate the things between reality and a tv drama? Dramas are not meant to be taken as real history. It's called a drama for a reason. If you want accurate information, go watch a documentary. Heck, if we were to ban this show then we should ban alcohol for ruining people's lives. But wait, it's the drinkers fault because the drinker isn't taking responsibility for their own actions. Don't randomly point fingers at things. Pointing is rude you know.

Quote Originally Posted by bakaPX View Post
    Haha, ban this show because it influenced the suicide of two chinese girls who couldn't differentiate the things between reality and a tv drama? Dramas are not meant to be taken as real history. It's called a drama for a reason. If you want accurate information, go watch a documentary. Heck, if we were to ban this show then we should ban alcohol for ruining people's lives. But wait, it's the drinkers fault because the drinker isn't taking responsibility for their own actions. Don't randomly point fingers at things. Pointing is rude you know.

little kids mind are easily fooled and it's hard for them to tell what reality and fake is. most of them these days don't read book, they just watch whatever is on tv and think it's real.

If i want accurate info? I'm not talking about myself am I? I'm talking about the danger of the show when kids are watching it. The show also portrait the manchurian leader that was ruling mainland as good people to han people which history shown they are not....

It is their parents and their own responsibility to understand that not everything they see on tv is real or possible. Heck, at age 5, I was able to understand that concept. As I said earlier, this is a drama for a reason. Not all tv shows show accurate information. That's what documentaries are for. So what if kids think that this tv show shows accurate information? Either someone's going to correct them in the end or they're going to find out the truth themselves. You talk as if this is the tv shows fault. If it is, then why would the government even let them show this in the first place?

It is their parents and their own responsibility to understand that not everything they see on tv is real or possible. Heck, at age 5, I was able to understand that concept. As I said earlier, this is a drama for a reason. Not all tv shows show accurate information. That's what documentaries are for. So what if kids think that this tv show shows accurate information? Either someone's going to correct them in the end or they're going to find out the truth themselves. You talk as if this is the tv shows fault. If it is, then why would the government even let them show this in the first place?

Well no one have foresight of the tragic that was gonna take place after the show was shown did they? Now that it happen, someone need to do something about it.

At 5, well you're smart, but not many other are like you.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    If the banning of a few shows, can save people life than why not? Do you know the buddhist saying, saving a person life is better than building a really tall building?
    Er, that's kind of like saying, just because one guy fell off the roof and died, therefore we should never build any structures over 5 feet. Or, because people have died of car accidents, we should ban all vehicles on the roads.

Sorry for your idealistic humanistic goals, but humans can be crazy and stupid sometimes. We can't accomodate for everyone

the scary part is that most little Han kids will watch this and take it as real history. How can their ancestor rest in peace.
    What's "real history" and whether these kids learn "real" history is for their parents to decide and worry about. Please don't stress yourself out over other people's "problems".

Of course, if you are concerned about your kids, then please keep them away from the series. You have the right to decide and monitor over what your kids want to watch, but as for other folk's kids...you can relax and let them decide for themselves.
    Last edited by S Beaver; 04-01-12 at 05:11 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    Er, that's kind of like saying, just because one guy fell off the roof and died, therefore we should never build any structures over 5 feet. Or, because people have died of car accidents, we should ban all vehicles on the roads.

Sorry for your idealistic humanistic goals, but humans can be crazy and stupid sometimes. We can't accomodate for everyone

No we certainly not do that but this show is affecting little kids mind especially little han kids whose ancestor have been torture by the evil manchurian ruler during the qing dynasty.

No we certainly not do that but this show is affecting little kids mind especially little han kids whose ancestor have been torture by the evil manchurian ruler during the qing dynasty.
    Because clearly, "han" children are too stupid and cannot think for themselves to differentiate between reality and fiction and neither do they go to school to learn history. Clearly, while everyone else on this forum is intelligent enough to know that this series is fiction even though some of them might not have spent one day learning any chinese history, those poor little "han" kids cannot tell. Yes, you are right. WE CLEARLY NEED TO PROTECT THE STUPID LITTLE "HAN" KIDS.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Because clearly, "han" children are too stupid and cannot think for themselves to differentiate between reality and fiction and neither do they go to school to learn history. Clearly, while everyone else on this forum is intelligent enough to know that this series is fiction even though some of them might not have spent one day learning any chinese history, those poor little "han" kids cannot tell. Yes, you are right. WE CLEARLY NEED TO PROTECT THE STUPID LITTLE "HAN" KIDS.

Why are you using harsh words on little kids and calling them stupid?

Let's just stop responding to posts that are clearly just trolling and illogical. That's usually the fastest way to get them to shut up.

What's "real history" and whether these kids learn "real" history is for their parents to decide and worry about. Please don't stress yourself out over other people's "problems".

Of course, if you are concerned about your kids, then please keep them away from the series. You have the right to decide and monitor over what your kids want to watch, but as for other folk's kids...you can relax and let them decide for themselves.

Well sure but this have already caused 2 death, so it's should be something serous and not just saying if it your kids, you deal with them and such.

Seem like the producer of the show and the actor/actress in it don't care for another person well being.

Speaking of BBJX, is there anymore news of BBJX2?

Speaking of BBJX, is there anymore news of BBJX2?

hopefully it will get ban for the sake of the children.

For you, sadly no. It will be a modern series so there's no chance of it getting banned or having to change the ending what so ever. :P

Seriously, if you claim that two children were dead because of this, did you actually read the full report of the story?

I have seen this more and more. Some people just read the title of the story then jumped to conclusion. Well, please read the whole story then say something.

The story goes, two elementary school girls died by jumping into lakes. People found their notes after their death. The reason for their jumps were one of the girl lost a TV control and afraid that she would be blamed by her parents so she decided to die. The other girl being a good friend that she is, decided to jump with her good friend, and in her death note, she indicated "who knows, maybe I could be sent back to time".

Their deaths were not caused by time travel at all. It was the reporters named the article this way so it would grab more viewing?

So, if something cause children to imitate, then it should be banned? Then a lot of cartoon shows should be cancelled or never show at all. Children could imitate superman to fly to jump out of window. Children could think Naruto was cool so to stab people. All those shows should be banned.

Anyway, this discussion is over with and I am sorry about those two girls' death but it was old news already.

Then you talked about nationality problem. Well, children should always under their parent's supervising whether they are reading books, watching TV or listening to radio. History is what we need to learn so we could not let it repeat. I dislike Japan because I was born in Nanjing, but I could never claim that all Japanese were bad people right? You imply that children should not view this show then they would hate or dislike machurian or even mongolian? So you would tell your children in the future to ask about other people's background first before they make friends? Your tune really reminded me about some people in baidu tieba. Think about what you are saying, are you saying this because what you read what others said or are you saying this just to be against the show or even the author?
    Last edited by matrixgr; 04-01-12 at 07:40 PM.