Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by matrixgr View Post
    Seriously, if you claim that two children were dead because of this, did you actually read the full report of the story?

I have seen this more and more. Some people just read the title of the story then jumped to conclusion. Well, please read the whole story then say something.

The story goes, two elementary school girls died by jumping into lakes. People found their notes after their death. The reason for their jumps were one of the girl lost a TV control and afraid that she would be blamed by her parents so she decided to die. The other girl being a good friend that she is, decided to jump with her good friend, and in her death note, she indicated "who knows, maybe I could be sent back to time".

Their deaths were not caused by time travel at all. It was the reporters named the article this way so it would grab more viewing?

So, if something cause children to imitate, then it should be banned? Then a lot of cartoon shows should be cancelled or never show at all. Children could imitate superman to fly to jump out of window. Children could think Naruto was cool so to stab people. All those shows should be banned.

Anyway, this discussion is over with and I am sorry about those two girls' death but it was old news already.

Then you talked about nationality problem. Well, children should always under their parent's supervising whether they are reading books, watching TV or listening to radio. History is what we need to learn so we could not let it repeat. I dislike Japan because I was born in Nanjing, but I could never claim that all Japanese were bad people right? You imply that children should not view this show then they would hate or dislike machurian or even mongolian? So you would tell your children in the future to ask about other people's background first before they make friends? Your tune really reminded me about some people in baidu tieba. Think about what you are saying, are you saying this because what you read what others said or are you saying this just to be against the show or even the author?

I didn't say manchurian people as in the whole race did I? I said manchurian king, queen and prince. And that's what this show is portraying them as good people and when little kids watch this especially little han kids, they will think it's as a fact. That's very disrespectful to their ancestor because of it. their han ancestor was torture under the ruling of the qing emperor/queen/prince and such leadership so why is this show making them manchruain leaders look as if like they are some kind of hero?

well for one girl it was because of the remote control but what about the other girl? I guess the parent is to be blamed for the first girl but the second girl was clearly affected by this tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Let's just stop responding to posts that are clearly just trolling and illogical. That's usually the fastest way to get them to shut up.
    Agreed. This 'discussion' has happened already during or after the BBJX broadcast last year.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

It's so saddening that most people would care more about a tv series than actual human lives.

IPlayWow, if you have such an issue with the Manchurians, then don't even watch Zhang Ji Zhong's Journey to the West which is in Mandarin, the language of the Manchurian court. Just loiter around the Hongkong TV series thread where everyone speaks Cantonese, the closest Chinese dialect to the original Han language.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    IPlayWow, if you have such an issue with the Manchurians, then don't even watch Zhang Ji Zhong's Journey to the West which is in Mandarin, the language of the Manchurian court. Just loiter around the Hongkong TV series thread where everyone speaks Cantonese, the closest Chinese dialect to the original Han language.

I have a problem with the past manchurian rulers king/queen/prince that was in the mainland, not their whole race or language.

And this show seem to portray them as good people and when little kids watch this, they will think maybe it's real.

As said before, this show caused the death of the girl. the other girl who lost the remote, well her parent must be the problem but the one who thought she could go back into qing dynasty was clearly influence by this show. Therefore this show is at fault.

It's sad that most of the people jsut care more about a tv series rather than actual human lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

actually, Cantonese isn't necessarily the closest to the chinese "dialect" because there is no such thing as ONE "Chinese dialect". Cantonese is the dialect used in the Guangzhou area and part of the "Yue" family of dialects, which include other popular dialects such as Teochow (Chaozhou) and others. Other examples include the "Min" family (ie. Fuzhou), or "Wu" family (ie. Shanghai), etc. More overviews: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varieties_of_Chinese

Mandarin was used in the Manchurian court, but it is still part of the "Han" language (Manchurian is different language altogether). It just happens to be the "accent" used in official interactions (ie, so the officials in Canton/Guangzhou, Fuzhou, etc can have a mutually intelligible conversation with each other). Since the capital was located in Beijing, it's not hard to imagine that the "official language" would take after the city or vice versa. Every dynasty had it's own "Mandarin" (not just the Qing) and they probably all sound different to some extent, considering the capital cities have been located in different areas. Heck, given that the language is "alive", I would go on to assume that the Mandarin used in early Qing vs. late Qing vs. modern day all have different accents. But of course, given that the Qing has ruled for 300 years, it probably also safe to assume that the Manchurian language and culture has probably influenced the way modern "Mandarin" is spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    I wouldn't go as far as to call anyone a "troll" yet, though trolls tend to need to be handled with care. In moderate amounts, they can actually be quite entertaining .

Though, of course, as you mentioned, the best way to deal with unwanted trolls is to ignore them.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://moke50.org/nothing.jpg')
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by S Beaver; 04-02-12 at 01:09 AM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post

Seem like you are describing yourself? This have nothing to do with this series?

Why did you post what you posted?

I'm just gonna spam my beloved Nicky as Yongzheng bcos I feel like it. Yup, Yongzheng is my hero!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://yule.tom.com/dimg/2011/0928/img-1319130509881.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

I'm just gonna spam my beloved Nicky as Yongzheng bcos I feel like it. Yup, Yongzheng is my hero!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://yule.tom.com/dimg/2011/0928/img-1319130509881.jpg')

Yongzheng? This guy kill his family member for the throne according history.

For someone that is so heartless....How could you say they are your hero?

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post

I wouldn't go as far as to call anyone a "troll" yet, though trolls tend to need to be handled with care. In moderate amounts, they can actually be quite entertaining .

Though, of course, as you mentioned, the best way to deal with unwanted trolls is to ignore them.
    Yeah I will try to ignore it, though it is kind of hard when it is festering in so many places lol... Shall try my best though

Sigh. 2 pages of this thread (1 now and 1 in the past) have been taken up by useless bickering/discussion(?). Ignoring is the best method. Luanee, try hard!
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

It's such a sad thing that some people would value a tv series over actual human lives

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    well for one girl it was because of the remote control but what about the other girl? I guess the parent is to be blamed for the first girl but the second girl was clearly affected by this tv show.
    IPlayWow
    Read your comment, I only laugh. The death of 2 girl didn't relate to this series at all. You said "I guess....". .haha you think you guess rightly
    Last edited by nhocty; 04-02-12 at 05:35 AM.
    My love: Kevin Cheng - Niki Chow

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Let's just stop responding to posts that are clearly just trolling and illogical. That's usually the fastest way to get them to shut up.
    *bumping Vienne94's post up*

Quote Originally Posted by bakaPX View Post
    Speaking of BBJX, is there anymore news of BBJX2?
    not any news of late... only a recent word put in by shi shi that she is looking forward to bbjx 2 because the cast had alot of fun during the last filming.. i hope its really not a movie though.. it wont be enough!

Yay! I think Nicky did one of the best portrayals of Yong Zheng ever!

To me, the best portrayal will always go to Kwong Wah who left a very deep impression with his terrific performance in "Secret Battle of the Secret Majesties" back in the ATV 90's era, but Nicky is a very close second best. I was very torn between 8th and 4th here!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Kevin has been filming non stop, first Heroes then Rolling red dust, now the Wan Li Qian Shan .. Hope he has a slot reserved for BBJX 2

The right one is Yongzheng? Isn't that from the Lu Ding Ji mini-movie/advertisement?
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    not any news of late... only a recent word put in by shi shi that she is looking forward to bbjx 2 because the cast had alot of fun during the last filming.. i hope its really not a movie though.. it wont be enough!
    I'm fine with anything as long as the original cast is in there. Although, I'd prefer a drama series. There were rumors of Yuan Hong not participating in it. I hope it's just rumors. :/