Page 6 of 365 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Don't think she was expecting him to stand next to her since 13th Prince won't fall in love with Ruo Xi.
    You never know with these adaptions though...they'll create storylines that did not exist in the orignal. Plus, from what I gather on the baidu threads, a lot of it is up to interpretation (heck, even whether 8th prince actually had romantic feelings for Ruo Xi was in question). So, you'd never know with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    You never know with these adaptions though...they'll create storylines that did not exist in the orignal. Plus, from what I gather on the baidu threads, a lot of it is up to interpretation (heck, even whether 8th prince actually had romantic feelings for Ruo Xi was in question). So, you'd never know with these things.
    yea kinda like how they changed LOCH 08
    (i didn't read the books but liked the drama but i heard that the drama didn't go by the book)
    i hope that YH&LSS will get some interaction scenes together

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    I'm taking a bet that Yuan Hong's (13th) bromance with Nicky (4th) will sizzle even more hotly than Shi Shi's (Ruo Xi) romance with Nicky (4th).
    lol probably. YH just has chemistry with everyone

Nicky looks younger in that photo than the press conference pics. Still think he was much hotter when he was helming Little Tigers though - so fresh, boyish and fun!! Now he has this really jaded look on him.

Those pics you posted just look like three guys having a fun time in the pool. No where as incriminating as this one :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2527/yzmike.jpg')
    umm..no comment on that picture there. but anyway.
    yeah, nicky looks good! is that an official picture from the series? because if so, he looks even better than i'd expected!
    but of course he's not gonna look as good as his little tiger days xiaolong, that was like 20 years ago! lol. but i still think he looks good for his age

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yeah, nicky looks good! is that an official picture from the series? because if so, he looks even better than i'd expected!
    but of course he's not gonna look as good as his little tiger days xiaolong, that was like 20 years ago! lol. but i still think he looks good for his age
    Yeah, I'm really glad they got him for 4th. Since they insist on a 40+-year-old to be 4th, he's definitely the best 40-something choice out there.

I don't think he has filmed Qing before, right? I've mostly seen him in modern, except for Butterfly Lovers and Treasure Raiders where he was in Song. Here's a pic Tong Hua took of him just before he shaved his head.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5028/nickyb.jpg')

Of course I still prefer his innocent & cute Little Tiger look compared to his jaded look now. But little boys have to grow up. Sigh!

I think they got him in with Charlie Yeung's help. From what I saw on the weibo Xiao Xiao pointed me to, Charlie Yeung is BFFs with Shirley KF Chan, Tangren's costume director. Nicky-Charlie were like the YH-LSS of HK and Taiwan in the early 1990s. If they had Internet in the 1990s, there would be millions of Nicky-Charlie MVs out there.

Memories of Nicky-Charlie as a couple...CUTE RIGHT?!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2971/nickycharlie.jpg')

There were hot rumours of them getting together, but too bad Charlie got swept off her feet by a wealthy Singaporean lawyer at age 23. Then he dated Ada Choi and married Maya Shu.

However, Nicky was also the Hu Ge of Taiwan in the 1990s. He's always the good and upright hero! I can't visualise him as a bad guy. But that said, I'm looking forward to YH plotting and killing off the other Ah Ges for Nicky.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-13-10 at 09:34 PM.

Then I think the villains (4th/13th) in this series will be much cooler than the heroes (8th/14th).

I did say before I was disappointed with the (aged) leading male cast bcos I would have preferred to see LSS paired up with younger guys. But I must say Nicky at 40 is still MUCH more appealing than Mickey He. Nicky was sooo cute with Charlie Yeung in Butterfly Lovers, but he has been spotting quite a lot of pre-mature wrinkles lately. Hopefully they don't show up on screen.

BTW, in the Bu Bu press conf, did they interview Kevin? He can speak Mandarin meh? I thought he only speaks Cantonese.
    Last edited by yangjia; 12-13-10 at 09:39 PM.

Guess which prince this is?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2ebspp2.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Guess which prince this is?
    Should be Lin Geng Xin/14th. He has a nice profile. I think he's the most promising new Tangren actor. Don't think Guo Xiaoting has the appeal to be a popular actress.

nah, kevin can speak both cantonese & mandarin.
    they did interview him, i think you just missed it

Then I think the villains (4th/13th) in this series will be much cooler than the heroes (8th/14th).

I did say before I was disappointed with the (aged) leading male cast bcos I would have preferred to see LSS paired up with younger guys. But I must say Nicky at 40 is still MUCH more appealing than Mickey He. Nicky was sooo cute with Charlie Yeung in Butterfly Lovers, but he has been spotting quite a lot of pre-mature wrinkles lately. Hopefully they don't show up on screen.

BTW, in the Bu Bu press conf, did they interview Kevin? He can speak Mandarin meh? I thought he only speaks Cantonese.

Lin Geng Xin/14th Prince BTS:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5435/lgxrj.jpg')

Kevin Cheng/8th Prince BTS:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6807/kevinyj.jpg')

xiaolong, Lin Geng Xin may have a nice profile, but the bald look does not suit him.....hehehe

Whereas, Kevin looked younger and not bad at all in the above picture..LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-14-10 at 07:57 AM.

xiaolong, Lin Geng Xin may have a nice profile, but the bald look does not suit him.....hehehe

Whereas, Kevin looked younger and not bad at all in the above picture..LOL
    Yeah, actually Kevin in his bald head looks like an SAF commando I know. He suits the bald/crew cut look very well.

Lin Geng Xin looks like Hu Ge, so of course bald doesn't look as good on him.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-14-10 at 09:26 AM.

It's nice to see the different side of Kevin in the BTS pictures...

My initial impression of him from the press conference videos and pictures were, he's kinda stuck-up and snobbish looking...hehehe. Apparently that's not the case from the above pic.

xiaolong, in the blogs.....I think they were congratulating Kevin for something, have any idea what it was? Or was I interpreting it incorrectly? Thanks

I think today is Kevin's Chinese birthday (Lunar calendar is different from Western calendar).

Look! Nicky at his HOTTEST in Little Tigers!!! Too bad they are all lao and jaded now.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3871/nickyi.jpg')

I'm taking a bet that Yuan Hong's (13th) bromance with Nicky (4th) will sizzle even more hotly than Shi Shi's (Ruo Xi) romance with Nicky (4th).
    Well, for a start, I just noticed Nicky has added YH's weibo but not LSS' weibo yet.
    http://t.sina.com.cn/wuqilong
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-14-10 at 10:00 PM.

I'm very glad they got Nicky for the male lead. He may not be as known to the new generation, but really resonates with Taiwanese, Hongkongers, Malaysians, Indonesians and Sporeans who grew up in the 1990s.

Unfortunately, even though I'm a LSS fan, Nicky's presence makes me wish that Charlie Yeung is the female lead instead of LSS. Charlie's looks are much more suitable for Qing costumes and she has wondrous chemistry with Nicky. Tho I was only 14 when I first saw Butterfly Lovers and Nicky's acting was very raw at that time, Charlie's great acting carried their chemistry to the sky. More than 10 years on I still remember every scene of theirs in that movie. And Nicky has definitely improved vastly since then.
    Last edited by aloysius; 12-15-10 at 05:34 AM.

2011 will be Emperor Yongzheng's year! Three big-budget dramas next year will be all about him - Gong Suo Xin Yu, Bu Bu Jing Xin and Hou Gong Zhen Huan.

Booting ceremony(December 8, 2010). Yay Yuan Hong joins the group today... Now where is that Nicky?!...hehehe...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/wan2uu.jpg')

LSS reading her script while being beautified...errr.. getting an injured hand rather..
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/20gb2b4.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-15-10 at 07:51 PM.

Look! Nicky at his HOTTEST in Little Tigers!!! Too bad they are all lao and jaded now.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3871/nickyi.jpg')
    Lol, back in the day. Is that actually supposed to be Alec Su?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Lol, back in the day. Is that actually supposed to be Alec Su?
    Yep. Back in the days when he was known as...Tommy Su. Pfffttt

I guess Nicky is the only one that decided to stick with his original "-y" name.

Yeah, I'm really glad they got him for 4th. Since they insist on a 40+-year-old to be 4th, he's definitely the best 40-something choice out there.

I don't think he has filmed Qing before, right? I've mostly seen him in modern, except for Butterfly Lovers and Treasure Raiders where he was in Song. Here's a pic Tong Hua took of him just before he shaved his head.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5028/nickyb.jpg')

Of course I still prefer his innocent & cute Little Tiger look compared to his jaded look now. But little boys have to grow up. Sigh!

I think they got him in with Charlie Yeung's help. From what I saw on the weibo Xiao Xiao pointed me to, Charlie Yeung is BFFs with Shirley KF Chan, Tangren's costume director. Nicky-Charlie were like the YH-LSS of HK and Taiwan in the early 1990s. If they had Internet in the 1990s, there would be millions of Nicky-Charlie MVs out there.

Memories of Nicky-Charlie as a couple...CUTE RIGHT?!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2971/nickycharlie.jpg')

There were hot rumours of them getting together, but too bad Charlie got swept off her feet by a wealthy Singaporean lawyer at age 23. Then he dated Ada Choi and married Maya Shu.

However, Nicky was also the Hu Ge of Taiwan in the 1990s. He's always the good and upright hero! I can't visualise him as a bad guy. But that said, I'm looking forward to YH plotting and killing off the other Ah Ges for Nicky.
    is nicky really 40 something? i find that hard to believe. i thought all the little tigers were the same age, but alec is some 30 something, no? OMG they shouldve gotten alec to play a prince and it wouldve been like HZGG except 20 years later HAHA

*nevermind just looked it up, nicky is 40 (born 1970) and alec is 37 (already?!) born 1973.

nicky was so cute as liang shan bo.. and then he went and married ma yashu who divorced him like 2 years later

i can see him as the bad guy, actually. he and YH make hot brothers

umm..wow. the bald look doesn't suit him AT ALL! lol. HG might look better bald than he does

i always found alec su the most attractive, but i guess they're different. you could say nicky's hotter and alec is more cute/endearing. i probably just like alec better cause of his 5th prince in HZGG

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Yep. Back in the days when he was known as...Tommy Su. Pfffttt
    TOMMY? really? LOL i think i like alec better

Lol, I can't imagine calling him Tommy. Did his eyes magically grow bigger?
    I think Nicky looks the best at that time, but Alec looks better than him now.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次