Page 7 of 365 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    nicky was so cute as liang shan bo.. and then he went and married ma yashu who divorced him like 2 years later
    Oh he's divorced already? Well, Charlie's single again at 36 and still looks the same as she did at 23. Hope they get together.

*nevermind just looked it up, nicky is 40 (born 1970) and alec is 37 (already?!) born 1973.
    Don't kill me for saying this, but I prefer to see Nicky paired with LSS rather than Wallace Huo. I think Nicky's cuter even at 40. Sorry, I just visited the Strange Hero thread and don't see what's the big deal about Wallace Huo even after seeing the preview and MV. Something about his eye sockets and cheekbones that don't agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by aloysius View Post
    He may not be as known to the new generation, but really resonates with Taiwanese, Hongkongers, Malaysians, Indonesians and Sporeans who grew up in the 1990s.
    Well, I'm 19 and I still know Nicky and Little Tigers! But maybe because I'm a Nanyang Chinese. My Mainland classmates don't know him.

Anyway, I think Nicky as 4th Prince is an even better choice than Wallace Chung. I had my reservations about Kevin initially, but he looks really GOOD bald, even better than Lin Gengxin who's 20 years younger!
    Last edited by munianci; 12-16-10 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Lol, I can't imagine calling him Tommy. Did his eyes magically grow bigger?
    I think Nicky looks the best at that time, but Alec looks better than him now.
    lol, maybe his face just got smaller/thinner? but i kinda see what you mean
    alec does still look pretty good now, huh? he grew into his looks

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Oh he's divorced already? Well, Charlie's single again at 36 and still looks the same as she did at 23. Hope they get together.
    yeah, the girl left him. probably just used him to get famous
    but HAHAHA nice plan xiaolong

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Don't kill me for saying this, but I prefer to see Nicky paired with LSS rather than Wallace Huo. I think Nicky's cuter even at 40. Sorry, I just visited the Strange Hero thread and don't see what's the big deal about Wallace Huo even after seeing the preview and MV. Something about his eye sockets and cheekbones that don't agree with me.
    no one is gonna kill you for voicing your opinions, lol i have to wait to see them "in action" first, but i have a feeling they might not look to bad together as well. kinda looking forward to it
    ...although i can't really tell you what's wrong with wallace's eye sockets and cheekbones. LOL

Well, I'm 19 and I still know Nicky and Little Tigers! But maybe because I'm a Nanyang Chinese. My Mainland classmates don't know him.

Anyway, I think Nicky as 4th Prince is an even better choice than Wallace Chung. I had my reservations about Kevin initially, but he looks really GOOD bald, even better than Lin Gengxin who's 20 years younger!
    hey, i'm only 17 and i live in the US and i still know them! haha. probably because i used to be in love with alec during the good old HZGG days

Quote Originally Posted by aloysius View Post
    Unfortunately, even though I'm a LSS fan, Nicky's presence makes me wish that Charlie Yeung is the female lead instead of LSS.
    Awwww...you make me wish Charlie Yeung is Ruo Xi instead of LSS. To be frank, I'm not really confident of LSS' acting ability for the role. Charlie's acting is top-class in comparison, even when she was 22 in Butterfly Lovers.

But since Charlie Yeung seems to be such close friends with Shirley KF Chan, I really hope to see her in a Tangren production one day. So what if she's 36? She's still much prettier than Janine Chang and Ariel Lin anytime.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-16-10 at 04:27 AM.

hey, i'm only 17 and i live in the US and i still know them! haha. probably because i used to be in love with alec during the good old HZGG days
    Well, I was born after the Butterfly Lovers craze, but yeah, I know Nicky bcos my Mom loved Little Tigers and Charlie. Just that I've always been more into K-pop and K-dramas until YH in LOCH turned my attention to Mainland.

They look hot together.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5931/yhnicky.jpg')

hey, i'm only 17 and i live in the US and i still know them!
    Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    Well, I was born after the Butterfly Lovers craze
    Well, I'm 19 and I still know Nicky and Little Tigers!
    Wah lao, SPCNET is full of babies! I'm the same age as HG and YH. Makes me feel that I'm too old to idolise LSS and co.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-16-10 at 12:44 PM.

^^s'ok I'm an '84 baby myself and I like LSS very much. haha.
    I like me.

i think that it doesn't matter what age you are for idolizing(?) somebody who's either older or younger than you are.
    but yea we got quite a bit of youngsters here

when is the drama gonna be aired?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_angel_10392 View Post
    when is the drama gonna be aired?
    Filming started this Dec and will complete by Mar 2011. Airing should be 5-6 months after filming is completed.

Filming started this Dec and will complete by Mar 2011. Airing should be 5-6 months after filming is completed.
    thanks xiaolong

(*sigh*now after that, i just gotta wait a bit more longer if anybody is gonna put eng subs...)

(*sigh*now after that, i just gotta wait a bit more longer if anybody is gonna put eng subs...)
    I'd fan-sub a series if I like it enough. But if YH is going to have a bit role or his scenes get unreasonably cut like in Tian Ya, I won't bother.

I'd fan-sub a series if I like it enough. But if YH is going to have a bit role or his scenes get unreasonably cut like in Tian Ya, I won't bother.
    that would be AWESOME xiaolong!
    btw, did how long were his scenes in Tian Ya?
    was it not as much as his role in Young Warriors?

that would be AWESOME xiaolong!
    btw, did how long were his scenes in Tian Ya?
    was it not as much as his role in Young Warriors?
    Tian Ya? He and LSS were downgraded to bit roles which comprised like 1/10th of the series. Even Yelu Xie in Young Warriors had lots more scenes even though it was 5th male lead after 6th, 4th, 5th and 7th Yang brother.

Tian Ya? He and LSS were downgraded to bit roles which comprised like 1/10th of the series. Even Yelu Xie in Young Warriors had lots more scenes even though it was 5th male lead after 6th, 4th, 5th and 7th Yang brother.
    man karen is like messed up degrading their roles like that *sigh*
    *frusterated sigh* what happened betweeen those two during production and whatnot?
    if anyone knows what had happened between karen and YH, please fill me in

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I refused to accept they're broken up...hehehe
    Pay attention to 6:41 of this video....
    I notice that the camera man for the Bu Bu press conference likes to pan down to their shoes. He has a shoe fetish?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    The only beef I have with Nicky Wu is that he is so short compared to the others.
    LSS is wearing platforms with 4-inch heels, so Nicky isn't that short. Can't compare him to Hu Ge.

YH's dress sense has vastly improved from Shanghai TV Fest days. Take it as another sign that he's broken off from LSS - no red shoes, no pink things. Strongly suspect Ruby & Junping got rid of the notorious red sneakers for him.
    Last edited by kengyew; 12-16-10 at 11:01 PM.

They look hot together.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5931/yhnicky.jpg')
    LOVE THEM BOTH!!! LOVE THEIR PAIRING!!!!

They look hot together.
    hmmm...they do look good together don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    LSS is wearing platforms with 4-inch heels, so Nicky isn't that short. Can't compare him to Hu Ge.
    Well, it doesn't help that Yuan Hong (and Li Gengxin) are towering over him. Even Kevin Cheng looks significantly taller. This isn't the Little Tigers days where the other two were actually shorter than him. Oh well, maybe they'll give him some heels to wear or prop him on a taller platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Well, it doesn't help that Yuan Hong (and Li Gengxin) are towering over him. Even Kevin Cheng looks significantly taller. This isn't the Little Tigers days where the other two were actually shorter than him. Oh well, maybe they'll give him some heels to wear or prop him on a taller platform.
    Just for curiosity sake, I googled to check out the heights of our Little Tigers. Of course there were varying results, but just chose those which seem closest :
    Nicky Wu - 5'8 173cm (sometimes listed as 5'9 175cm)
    Alec Su - 5'8 172cm (some sources list him as 174cm)
    Banny Chen - 5'7 170cm
    All are still much taller than me though. I'm only LSS' height (5'5 165cm).

Anyway, the most popular Chinese male stars are usually shorter than 175cm. Jimmy Lin is 5'7/170cm and very cool. Tony Leung is 171cm. Aaron Kwok is 172cm. Jay Chou is 173cm. Andy Lau is 174cm. It's a Southern Chinese thing. Hu Ge, Yuan Hong and Lin Gengxin are Northerners.

Only Southern Chinese who grew up in the West are taller (bcos of their Western diet?). E.g. Kevin Cheng (179cm), Leehom Wang (180cm), Peter Ho (184cm), Eddie Peng (180cm).

And there are padded shoes which can help, like this:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/773/hxmo.jpg')

Makes Huang Xiaoming look almost as tall as Peter!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-17-10 at 10:41 PM.

Anyway, the most popular Chinese male stars are usually shorter than 175cm. Jimmy Lin is 5'7/170cm and very cool. Tony Leung is 171cm. Aaron Kwok is 172cm. Jay Chou is 173cm. Andy Lau is 174cm. It's a Southern Chinese thing. Hu Ge, Yuan Hong and Lin Gengxin are Northerners.

Only Southern Chinese who grew up in the West are taller (bcos of their Western diet?). E.g. Kevin Cheng (179cm), Leehom Wang (180cm), Peter Ho (184cm), Eddie Peng (180cm).
    Hu Ge is from Shanghai...which is techinically "south", but I suppose it's still much more north compared to HK & TW.

Still, I think it's just an incidental thing. I mean, Adam Cheng, Felix Wong, Michael Miu, Louis Koo, Leon Lai, Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong are from HK and decently tall. Taiwan pop idols these days are also gaining in the height department (the boybands F4 & Fairenheit, Joe Cheng, Ethan Ruan, Mike He, etc). Though, it does seem that the newer generation of actors tend to be taller than the older generation.

And there are padded shoes which can help, like this:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/773/hxmo.jpg')

Makes Huang Xiaoming look almost as tall as Peter!
    LOL. I guess Nicky can use some of those in the show so that he doesn't look like a stump compared to his "brothers"...
    Though, Peter still looks significantly larger...especially if you look at the shoulder height.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 12-17-10 at 11:36 PM.