Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Watching the Singaporean talk show now. It's in Mandarin. Who are those guest speakers and what are they talking about? I mean, I know it's about BBJX, but what are their comments?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    You can actually watch it online on Xin.msn. Singapore does have the best English subtitles for BBJX.
    Thanks Xiaolong. But I guess what I really asked was does Singapore have the English sub of the DVD sold there legally?

Which leads to another question: will Tangren eventually decide to release the Eng sub of the DVD, now that we have more English viewers elsewhere...? (Answer: likely not)

During the DMY press conference, Han Dong revealed that BBJX2 will be a modern day drama.
    《大漠谣》韩栋上演痴情郎 曝《步步惊心2》回归现代戏
    I ship Shi-Harem

Article about Liu Shi Shi in the Singapore newspapers:

Rising star

Cecilia Liu Shishi must be thanking her lucky stars that from China's massive pool of doe-eyed starlets -TNP
    Tan Kee Yun

Wed, Feb 08, 2012
    The New Paper

CHINESE actress Cecilia Liu Shishi must be thanking her lucky stars that from China's massive pool of doe-eyed starlets, she was the one offered the lead role in Scarlet Heart.

The 35-episode romantic palace drama - now airing on Channel 8 on weekdays at 7pm - defied all initial expectations and became one of China's biggest sleeper hits in the second half of last year.

Loved by audiences for its combination of modern-day elements and the mystical allure of the Qing Dynasty, Scarlet Heart's storyline features Liu's 21st-century office-lady character time-travelling into the historical world of suave Manchu princes.

The Chinese production swiftly raced from China across East Asia, including Taiwan and South Korea.

It also propelled Liu, a svelte 24-year-old Beijing native and classically trained ballerina, into television's A-list.

Prior to Scarlet Heart, which co-stars veteran male actors Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng and Damian Lau, Liu cut her teeth working mostly on martial arts dramas.

Since 2005, she has been a regular - albeit not memorable - face on Chinese television, with supporting roles in The Legend Of The Condor Heroes (2008), Chinese Paladin III (2009) and The Tale Of The Royal Seamstress (2010).

In an interview with entertainment portal Sina.com, where she discussed her nascent popularity, Liu stressed that she was no showbiz newbie who found fame on the strength of a single project.

She said: "I'm not a rookie, I've been acting for the past seven years.

"Without those previous small-screen experiences that I've accumulated, it wouldn't have been possible for me to portray Ma'ertai Ruoxi (her character in Scarlet Heart) convincingly. "It has taken me many small, gradual steps to reach where I am today."

Today, the accolades are flying in her direction fast and furious.

Last year, she bagged a handful of awards in China, including Favourite Actress Among College Students during the 2011 China Student Television Festival and Anhui Television's Most Popular Actress.

Her star is certainly rising, going by her upcoming works.

Leading roles

She plays the lead in new Taiwanese movie The Next Magic, as well as An Angel's Happiness (opposite Taiwanese star Ming Dao), which will mark her debut foray into idol drama territory.

Ever since Scarlet Heart, Liu's face has also graced the covers of publications such as Modern Women and Asia Weekly.

Oddly, while the show has taken large parts of Asia by storm, response from local viewers has been muted.

Nevertheless, local followers tell The New Paper that Liu holds her own next to her older male counterparts.

"I think her looks are appropriate for the part," said planning analyst Kelly Wu, 30, a fan of the series.

"She appears to be smart and modern, not the typical classical Oriental beauty, which makes it more convincing that she had travelled back in time."

Agreed teacher Yang Xiu Ping, in her late 40s, who praised Liu for being "very competent" in her role.

"Admittedly, she's slightly overshadowed by the two male leads (Nicky Wu and Kevin Cheng), as both of them are so handsome.

"I've heard some of my friends comment that she's not extremely beautiful, but I don't think that's important."

However, with fame comes inevitable scrutiny and brickbats, something Liu seems to have taken in her stride in an interview with Sina.com.

When quizzed about online criticism over her "plain looks", "pimples on her face" and speculation that she had gone under the knife, she gave a witty reply.

"I can't force everyone to like how I look, can I? Didn't some netizens comment that I look very plain? If I had gone for plastic surgery and still look 'plain', that's very sad."

Fans absorbed in Scarlet Heart's intense love triangle between the characters of Liu, Wu and Cheng would be surprised to know that off-screen, the actress hardly interacts with her co-stars.

"Seriously, I don't really know them outside of their characters," Liu told Chinese showbiz portal Yule.com.

"On set, I'd just call them Fourth Prince (Wu) and Eighth Prince (Cheng), their names on the show. Even till today, it's the same when I meet them at events. I don't ever call them Nicky or Kevin."

This article was first published in The New Paper.
    I ship Shi-Harem

You can actually watch it online on Xin.msn. Singapore does have the best English subtitles for BBJX.
    This website is called the "Catch Up TV". So after 2 weeks, the older episodes will be deleted/removed. Right now, the website has Ep 29 to 33. Ep34 is not up yet.

The last episode is on Monday. And I am already mouring the end of BBJX in SG.

http://video.xin.msn.com/browse/catc...scarlett-heart

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Thanks Xiaolong. But I guess what I really asked was does Singapore have the English sub of the DVD sold there legally?
    I'm also hoping for a English-sub DVD. O'wise no point. Cos the Chinese idoms in the show are too much for my simple-minded brain. Kekekeke!!!

Fan made posters are already out and about(I think they're having a competition on tieba, just like for BBJX1 last year):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/70f38323jw1dkelfu6l09j.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

any news on part 2

@新浪四川娱乐频道::【《步步惊心2》其实是一部电影……】3月2日,首次到成都的@劉心悠A nnie 接受@新浪四川 独家专访。透露年初从唐人电影老板处得知《步步惊心2》或将变成电影版本。这也是有关该片续集的最新消息。 在双流机场,心悠见证了成都男孩求婚一幕,虽然女主角不是她,但对成都好感倍增。http://t.cn/zOtMuoV

OMG, Annie Liu revealed that BBJX2 will be a movie?!!
    I ship Shi-Harem

NOOOOOOOOOOO A MOVIE IS NOT ENOUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Which leads to another question: will Tangren eventually decide to release the Eng sub of the DVD, now that we have more English viewers elsewhere...? (Answer: likely not)
    yes, the one i bought in singapore is an imported set from malaysia and it comes with english sub. but the english is of poor standard

if u want the best english sub, have to watch on mediacorp. the mediacorp version of BBJX is now on youtube. the subtitles are professionally done by mediacorp themselves
    Last edited by anlene; 03-05-12 at 09:30 AM.

Watching the Singaporean talk show now. It's in Mandarin. Who are those guest speakers and what are they talking about? I mean, I know it's about BBJX, but what are their comments?
    The male guest speaker is drama scriptwriter working for mediacorp. the 2nd guest speaker is a local singer. and the last speaker is a lady from Hunan, China. They are discussing about the factors that contribute to the success of BBJX locally and overseas.

Singaporeans hooked on Chinese microblogging site Weibo

BEIJING - When housewife Ivy Koh joined Sina Weibo about two years ago, she was one of the few Singaporeans on the popular Chinese microblogging site.

She did it to follow sharp-tongued Taiwanese host Dee Hsu.

These days though, more Singaporeans are joining the Weibo party, drawn by stars from the Chinese pop scene and the service's user-friendly features, which are a mix of what's available on Twitter as well as Facebook.

'There are a lot more Singaporeans replying to celebrities (on Weibo) these days. You can tell because they use Singlish terms such as lah, meh and lor when they retweet or reply to actors from Scarlet Heart,' said the 43-year-old, referring to the Chinese drama that is a hit in China and Singapore.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_772815.html

wow, BBJX is really a big hit here!

@新浪四川娱乐频道::【《步步惊心2》其实是一部电影……】3月2日,首次到成都的@劉心悠A nnie 接受@新浪四川 独家专访。透露年初从唐人电影老板处得知《步步惊心2》或将变成电影版本。这也是有关该片续集的最新消息。 在双流机场,心悠见证了成都男孩求婚一幕,虽然女主角不是她,但对成都好感倍增。http://t.cn/zOtMuoV

OMG, Annie Liu revealed that BBJX2 will be a movie?!!
    I actually think that a movie is better than a series. How long are you going to stretch the drama? It might turn unrealistic to some (at least me), thus a movie will serve the purpose better.

Article about Liu Shi Shi in the Singapore newspapers:

Rising star

Cecilia Liu Shishi must be thanking her lucky stars that from China's massive pool of doe-eyed starlets -TNP
    Tan Kee Yun

Wed, Feb 08, 2012
    The New Paper

CHINESE actress Cecilia Liu Shishi must be thanking her lucky stars that from China's massive pool of doe-eyed starlets, she was the one offered the lead role in Scarlet Heart.

The 35-episode romantic palace drama - now airing on Channel 8 on weekdays at 7pm - defied all initial expectations and became one of China's biggest sleeper hits in the second half of last year.

Loved by audiences for its combination of modern-day elements and the mystical allure of the Qing Dynasty, Scarlet Heart's storyline features Liu's 21st-century office-lady character time-travelling into the historical world of suave Manchu princes.

The Chinese production swiftly raced from China across East Asia, including Taiwan and South Korea.

It also propelled Liu, a svelte 24-year-old Beijing native and classically trained ballerina, into television's A-list.

Prior to Scarlet Heart, which co-stars veteran male actors Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng and Damian Lau, Liu cut her teeth working mostly on martial arts dramas.

Since 2005, she has been a regular - albeit not memorable - face on Chinese television, with supporting roles in The Legend Of The Condor Heroes (2008), Chinese Paladin III (2009) and The Tale Of The Royal Seamstress (2010).

In an interview with entertainment portal Sina.com, where she discussed her nascent popularity, Liu stressed that she was no showbiz newbie who found fame on the strength of a single project.

She said: "I'm not a rookie, I've been acting for the past seven years.

"Without those previous small-screen experiences that I've accumulated, it wouldn't have been possible for me to portray Ma'ertai Ruoxi (her character in Scarlet Heart) convincingly. "It has taken me many small, gradual steps to reach where I am today."

Today, the accolades are flying in her direction fast and furious.

Last year, she bagged a handful of awards in China, including Favourite Actress Among College Students during the 2011 China Student Television Festival and Anhui Television's Most Popular Actress.

Her star is certainly rising, going by her upcoming works.

Leading roles

She plays the lead in new Taiwanese movie The Next Magic, as well as An Angel's Happiness (opposite Taiwanese star Ming Dao), which will mark her debut foray into idol drama territory.

Ever since Scarlet Heart, Liu's face has also graced the covers of publications such as Modern Women and Asia Weekly.

Oddly, while the show has taken large parts of Asia by storm, response from local viewers has been muted.

Nevertheless, local followers tell The New Paper that Liu holds her own next to her older male counterparts.

"I think her looks are appropriate for the part," said planning analyst Kelly Wu, 30, a fan of the series.

"She appears to be smart and modern, not the typical classical Oriental beauty, which makes it more convincing that she had travelled back in time."

Agreed teacher Yang Xiu Ping, in her late 40s, who praised Liu for being "very competent" in her role.

"Admittedly, she's slightly overshadowed by the two male leads (Nicky Wu and Kevin Cheng), as both of them are so handsome.

"I've heard some of my friends comment that she's not extremely beautiful, but I don't think that's important."

However, with fame comes inevitable scrutiny and brickbats, something Liu seems to have taken in her stride in an interview with Sina.com.

When quizzed about online criticism over her "plain looks", "pimples on her face" and speculation that she had gone under the knife, she gave a witty reply.

"I can't force everyone to like how I look, can I? Didn't some netizens comment that I look very plain? If I had gone for plastic surgery and still look 'plain', that's very sad."

Fans absorbed in Scarlet Heart's intense love triangle between the characters of Liu, Wu and Cheng would be surprised to know that off-screen, the actress hardly interacts with her co-stars.

"Seriously, I don't really know them outside of their characters," Liu told Chinese showbiz portal Yule.com.

"On set, I'd just call them Fourth Prince (Wu) and Eighth Prince (Cheng), their names on the show. Even till today, it's the same when I meet them at events. I don't ever call them Nicky or Kevin."

This article was first published in The New Paper.
    THanks for the article.

1. Nicky and Kevin are 'veterans', eh... I know Damian Lau is considered a veteran. Never thought Nicky and Kevin are old enough to be veterans, hehe

2. True true..."It has taken me many small, gradual steps to reach where I am today."

3. Oh Shi SHi... you break my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by anlene View Post
    if u want the best english sub, have to watch on mediacorp. the mediacorp version of BBJX is now on youtube. the subtitles are professionally done by mediacorp themselves
    Oh ... they have uploaded onto youtube? Can you share the link?

Wait .... I had just managed to find the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_xyIMNgq5Y

Thanks for the lead

so is this movie a continue where LSS left off in present or everything new

3. Oh Shi SHi... you break my heart...
    Yeah, I know. I'm really surprised she said she doesn't know them/interact with them outside of filming. I would have thought she & Kevin had loads of interaction outside of filming! I mean, at their public events, she did seem to talk to him a lot while they were seated?

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    so is this movie a continue where LSS left off in present or everything new
    The movie will continue where LSS left off and will be set in the present. I'm actually really interested in what all the princes are like in their modern day personas. I remember Wang Xi was the foreman who shouted at her before she stepped on the fatal electric cable. So how will she interact with him in modern day?
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-06-12 at 10:26 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

So cute! Stole this from LSS thread...ekeke

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/697de210gw1dqpdbptmucg.gif')

Take note that lots of scenes were cut out from Singapore version if you want to watch it for english subtitles.

a few scenes I've spotted missing

10th prince telling his eunuch to fetch his wife back or face divorce
    yutan's corpse
    ruoxi's second dream featuring qiaohui
    4th prince's memories after his death
    Ending theme song clip of normal episodes and last episode

I would like to thank the various contributors on this thread for posting the BTS pictures and youtube clips.
    This is the local (Singapore) discussion thread on BBJX.
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...d-3570123.html
    Last edited by krabs; 03-06-12 at 11:26 PM.

Wait, when did we see Yutan's corpse?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次