Page 1 of 365 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Default Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2364/bubus.jpg')

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2010-12-02/22043165742.shtml
    新浪娱乐讯 12月6日下午15:00,由上海唐人电影制作有限公司筹备制作,首部改编自网络同名热门清朝穿越小说的古 装剧《步步惊心》召开大型新闻发表会。胡歌、吴奇隆、郑嘉颖、刘诗诗、袁弘、林更新、郭晓婷等多位艺人将出 席发布会,制作方将现场揭幕《步步惊心》的各位主演,新浪娱乐将全程进行独家视频直播,敬请期 待。

《步步惊心》改编自桐华的同名小说,原小说红遍网络,点击过亿,多次印刷出版销量不俗,赢得众多书迷的 喜爱,被誉为风靡网络的穿越经典,清穿小说标志性作品。故事讲述繁华都市的一名普通白领张晓,因一脚踏空而 穿越了时空隧道,带着对清史的洞悉进入风云诡变的宫廷。她知道自己不该卷入“九王夺嫡” 的争斗中,可心不由己,因为这里有她所爱的,也有爱着她的……

Quick translation:
    Shanghai Tangren Film will be announcing details of its TV adaptation of popular Qing Dynasty novel, "Bu Bu Jing Xin", at a press conference on 6 Dec 2010. Hu Ge, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng, Liu Shi Shi, Yuan Hong, Lin Geng Xin, Guo Xiaoting, and other artistes will be present at the conference.

"Bu Bu Jing Xin" by Tong Hua first became popular through the Internet, attracting over 100 million impressions online. When it was eventually published as a book, it became an instant best-seller and secured a place in the literary circles as a classic of the time travel genre. Bu Bu Jing Xin tells the story of a white-collar female executive in the big city who accidentally stumbles upon a time travel tunnel and finds herself in the midst of the chaotic Qing court in the waning years of Kangxi's rule. Although she knows she should not get involved in palace intrigues over the succession to the throne, she inadvertently becomes a pawn in the struggle, because she could not help but love someone, and others came to love her...
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-08-11 at 03:25 AM.

who is the lead?

The summary sounds good.
    I'm a bit confused about this series though. Have they started filming yet? Because LSS is in it, would she be the lead? Or what other female characters could she possibly play?

Xiaolong, thanks for starting the thread! I knew you were pretty excited..LOL
    Can't wait til December 6th for the press conference to see the confirmed cast.

This series could attract a lot of attention if Hu Ge, Yuan Hong, and LSS reunite again

Dragon Heiress, don't think they started filming yet. I heard it will be delayed because YH had to finish filming his other series with Raymond Lam and Tang Yan first...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-02-10 at 08:38 PM.

awww man i thought the actors posted in the thread name was the official cast list lol

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Xiaolong, thanks for starting the thread! I knew you were pretty excited..LOL
    I'm excited about it because Bu Bu Jing Xin is an amazing novel and I've always been fascinated by the story of Emperor Yongzheng's ascension to the throne ever since I watched Yongzheng Wang Chao (CCTV, 1999). In Bu Bu, the Princes are all very grey characters - no one is completely good. Neither are those whom you think are the villains completely bad either. The Prince with probably the most "good" in his character is 8th Prince, but that makes him the least interesting.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-03-10 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    awww man i thought the actors posted in the thread name was the official cast list lol
    Well, we know for sure your Yuan Hong is in it. Nicky Wu and Kevin, there's no reason for them to be at the conference if they're not in it right...hehehe? As for LSS....there were many hints..hehehe, but not sure if she's the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm excited about it because Bu Bu Jing Xin is an amazing novel and I've always been fascinated by the story of Emperor Yongzheng's ascension to the throne ever since I watched Yongzheng Wang Chao (CCTV, 1999). In Bu Bu, the Princes are all very grey characters - no one is completely good. Neither are those whom you think are the villains completely bad either. The Prince with probably the most "good" in his character is 8th Prince, but that makes him the least interesting.
    Very interesting story indeed....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-03-10 at 02:58 PM.

can anyone tell me more about the story/plot?
    it sounds very familiar to 'jade palace lock heart 宫锁心玉'
    is it basically the same thing? just with different actors?

In Bu Bu, the Princes are all very grey characters - no one is completely good. Neither are those whom you think are the villains completely bad either. The Prince with probably the most "good" in his character is 8th Prince, but that makes him the least interesting.
    So I guess this is one of those stories that go into "wicked-mode" and try to tell the story from the "villian's" point of view?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123lol View Post
    can anyone tell me more about the story/plot?
    it sounds very familiar to 'jade palace lock heart 宫锁心玉'
    is it basically the same thing? just with different actors?
    Bu Bu Jing Xin is a famous novel by Tong Hua. Tangren bought the copyright to Bu Bu Jing Xin and is suing Yu Zheng Workshop (which produced Jade Palace Lock Heart) for copyright infringement. Not sure how the lawsuit is going. Anyway, looks like they can't stop Jade Palace from airing because broadcast for that is confirmed for 2 Jan 2011.

Of course, Yu Zheng changed parts of the story. Jade Palace has a lot more comedic elements whereas Bu Bu Jing Xin is seriously tragic. 4th and 8th Princes are also a lot younger in Jade Palace, i.e. in their 20s. 13th Prince and 14th Prince are lead roles in Bu Bu Jing Xin, whereas in Jade Palace, they look like they are merely supporting characters.

The story of Bu Bu Jing Xin and Jade Palace Lock Heart takes place just before the reign of Yongzheng (4th Prince) when the fight among 3rd, 4th, 8th and 14th Princes for the throne is most intense. In history, actually during that time, 4th Prince was in his early 40s, 8th Prince in his late 30s. 8th Prince later pledged his support to 14th Prince to revolt against 4th Prince who took the throne after Kangxi died. 13th Prince is very loyal to 4th Prince, even willing to be jailed for 10 years on his behalf. It was said that Kangxi designated 14th Prince as his successor, but 4th and 13th Princes changed the characters for "十四" (14) to "于四" (for 4) by adding 1 stroke to "十" on his decree, hence the throne went to 4th Prince who became Emperor Yongzheng, the fourth emperor of the Qing Dynasty. After 4th Prince seized the throne, 13th Prince assembled his army to seize control of the Forbidden City in anticipation of the revolt from 14th Prince. Later, 14th Prince was jailed - but 4th Prince refrained from killing 14th bcos they are full-blooded brothers, i.e. share the same mother. 8th Prince was expelled and named "阿其那" (pig) because he supported 14th Prince's revolt. 8th Prince soon dies of illness in custody.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-04-10 at 12:03 PM.

thanks for the more in depth summary xiaolong
    how about the girls, in this story? are they merely supporting characters or are they main characters too?

&& about the actor... keving cheng, is it the HK actor kevin cheng ka wing? i truthfully hope NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by abc123lol View Post
    thanks for the more in depth summary xiaolong
    how about the girls, in this story? are they merely supporting characters or are they main characters too?

&& about the actor... keving cheng, is it the HK actor kevin cheng ka wing? i truthfully hope NOT!
    Ruo Xi is the main female lead. She's an observer of all the events taking place and is able to predict the future because she's from the future herself. She will try to change the tragic fate of 8th Prince.

Yes, 8th Prince will be TVB HK actor Kevin Cheng Ha Wing. He already confirmed his role in Bu Bu Jing Xin at an earlier interview. See excerpt from Sin Chew below:
    以新造型亮相的郑嘉颖,除了在中国横店拍摄邱礼涛导演的电影《秋谨》,12月初更会接拍由中国 网络小说改编 的30集古装剧《步步惊心》,饰演八阿哥角色。女主角从现代穿越时空到古代,想改变他被四阿哥 (雍正)陷害 的命运。至於女主角谁属?
    他尴尬表示,“我只知她是中国女演员,但我没见过她。”
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-09-11 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Well, we know for sure your Yuan Hong is in it. Nicky Wu and Kevin, there's no reason for them to be at the conference if they're not in it right...hehehe? As for LSS....there were many hints..hehehe, but not sure if she's the lead.
    lol, true, true. haha. but why is hu ge gonna be there? there is no possible way he could even try to fit another filming project in. he's already like dying. lol
    and i actually like nicky wu too (just based on looks, havent really seen him act though) so this cast so far is sounding a lot better than yang mi's jade palace (i'm sorry, but i just DONT find feng shao feng attractive. at all)

can anyone tell me who the main male lead is? character-wise, i mean. there seem to be a lot of princes...which one counts as the "main" one? and which one is the one the main girl gets romantically involved with?

ChineseChik, I agree, the main problem I have with Jade Palace is that FSF is the male lead. >_< Still trying to reserve judgment on him for now though.

But, I don't really know much about Nicky Wu or Kevin Cheng either...I don't remember having watched any of their series. What role is YH playing then? I guess one of the 13th/14th princes?? And are they really going to keep the princes that old in the TV version of BBJX? I know it'd be historically inaccurate but I'd rather watch younger princes.

Though honestly, I'm not a huge fan of time travel series, so I guess I will see if I make it through Jade Palace first since this will be broadcast later.

Also kinda off-topic, but I keep hearing about how insanely busy HG is yet I don't know of which upcoming series he has! I haven't really been keeping up with news but I don't know about any of his projects since the Myth, the modern-day Coffee series (or something), and some Shangri-La series? Anyone want to enlighten me?

Edit: Ok I should've checked HG's thread first before asking! Looks like he's moving away from the ancient drama series he's been working on in the past. Too bad, he suits those series really well...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 12-04-10 at 05:33 AM.

Feng Shao seems to be a good actor. He did a good job as the overbearing duke in "Beauty Scheme"

I know Kevin Cheng from TVB. He's not very good at acting. He tends to rely on his looks which isn't even that special. A lot have complained that his looks are too modern for ancient series. Only Nicky Wu drama I've seen is that drama with Zhao Wei: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Treasure_Venture. His acting in that drama seemed pretty good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Wu His resume seems pretty impressive. He's worked with many actors like Zhao Wei and Andy Lau.
    Last edited by swtaznlaydee; 12-04-10 at 07:08 AM.

can anyone tell me who the main male lead is? character-wise, i mean. there seem to be a lot of princes...which one counts as the "main" one? and which one is the one the main girl gets romantically involved with?
    Actually, I get the impression it's a bit like Young Warriors where Silang, Wulang, Liulang and Qilang shared equal billing. 4th, 8th, 13th and 14th Princes pretty much share equal billing, but of course everyone assumes 4th Prince is the lead because he became emperor. But I guess that also depends on how the scriptwriter adapts from the novel. I know from history, 13th Prince was the most military of the princes - he assembled his army to seize control of the Forbidden City after 4th Prince ascended the throne in anticipation of the revolt from 14th Prince who was also a great general with his own army. So hopefully we can see some exciting battle scenes in BBJX. Jade Palace concentrates mainly on 4th/8th's love triangle with the girl and doesn't tell much about 13th/14th, so I don't think we will see battle scenes there.

Kevin Cheng said in his interview that BBJX will have 30 episodes, but just read that they've decided to expand it to 35 episodes.

Actually, I get the impression it's a bit like Young Warriors where Silang, Wulang, Liulang and Qilang shared equal billing. 4th, 8th, 13th and 14th Princes pretty much share equal billing, but of course everyone assumes 4th Prince is the lead because he became emperor. But I guess that also depends on how the scriptwriter adapts from the novel. I know from history, 13th Prince was the most military of the princes - he assembled his army to seize control of the Forbidden City after 4th Prince ascended the throne in anticipation of the revolt from 14th Prince who was also a great general with his own army. So hopefully we can see some exciting battle scenes in BBJX. Jade Palace concentrates mainly on 4th/8th's love triangle with the girl and doesn't tell much about 13th/14th, so I don't think we will see battle scenes there.
    So the novel has heavy doses of 13th and 14th Princes even though the main love triangle invovles 4th & 8th?
    Oh well, I'm still glad that there will be some attention shed to 13th Prince. He's my favorite among the four of them. Very loyal and least scheming...unless the novel decides to write him differently.

oh okay, i could deal with that if all of them are as good-looking as the brothers in young warrior were!
    so the love triangle involves the 4th/8th princes? i thought i read somewhere that the 14th prince loves the girl too though..was i mistaken?
    did you read the novel xiao long?

so the love triangle involves the 4th/8th princes? i thought i read somewhere that the 14th prince loves the girl too though..was i mistaken?
    did you read the novel xiao long?
    ALL the princes love Ruo Xi! It's just 1 more day to the official announcement on the cast list. Can't wait!

I've only read an online synopsis of the novel. I don't really have time to read novels these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Oh well, I'm still glad that there will be some attention shed to 13th Prince. He's my favorite among the four of them. Very loyal and least scheming...unless the novel decides to write him differently.
    I read that in the novel, 13th Prince is pretty scheming. The nice part is that he's not scheming in a selfish way - he schemes for 4th Prince's sake. BBJX will present a different viewpoint from the 1999 series, Yongzheng Wang Chao - in there, 4th and 13th are the good guys. But in BBJX, they will be the bad guys.

ALL the princes love Ruo Xi! It's just 1 more day to the official announcement on the cast list. Can't wait!

I've only read an online synopsis of the novel. I don't really have time to read novels these days.
    OH. well that makes it kinda complicated doesn't it? lol.
    i cant wait either! haha, im gonna come home from school tomorrow and have a pleasant surprise waiting for me