Thread: Breakout 《破天网》

Default Breakout 《破天网》

A new show on Channel 8.

Starring Jeanette Aw, Dai Yangtian, Guo Liang, Christopher Lee, Zhou Ying, Elvin Ng, Pan Ling Ling, Darren Lim and Belinda Lee.

Opening theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt1H5...eature=related

Breakout

On her 12th birthday, Tang Ying lost her parents and older brother to a tragic road accident. Although she survived, she lapsed into a coma for 13 years. When she came out of her coma, she was stunned to realize that she was no longer a 12 year old girl but a 25 year old young woman. Trapped in an older body with her memory still frozen at age 12, Tang Ying struggles to cope with reality which includes the cruel truth that her family is dead.

Tang Ying suspects that there is more to the tragic road accident which claimed the lives of her entire family. She remembers that before the accident happened, her father had told someone over the phone in a stern manner not to harm his family. If indeed someone was out to harm the Tang family, the incident would no longer be an unfortunate road accident but a purposeful murder! Tang Ying is painfully aware that if she is to solve the mystery surrounding her family's deaths, she would have to catch up with what she has missed out on mentally and intellectually in the past 13 years. As a result, Tang Ying embarks on a rigorous routine to learn and to familiarize herself with a society that has changed tremendously in the years when she was unconscious.

During this time, Tang Ying gets to know Zou Jieming who becomes her constant companion. Jieming is autistic and has not been able to connect with anyone socially or emotionally. Strangely, he takes to Tang Ying but although, he is fond of her, he is unable to express how he feels. Jieming is an autistic savant and is highly intelligent. With his help, Tang Ying is able to unravel several mysteries.

Situ Dongcheng is a down-and-out former lawyer. Like Tang Ying, he has also lost everything he treasured in his life. They encourage and support each other and become fixtures in each other's lives.

Tang Ying, Jieming, and Dongcheng embark on a battle against Yang Tianwei, a cruel, ruthless and cunning man. Tianwei's children, Yang Zhenfeng and Yang Nianqing, assist him in his evil deeds. The truth is finally revealed that Tianwei was the one who planned and executed the murder of the Tang family, making it appear like a road accident. He believes that he can get away with the crime. Will Tang Ying, Jieming and Dongcheng be able to nail him and bring him to justice?
    So it is Christopher Lee, Zhou Ying, Elvin Ng the good guys VS Jeanette Aw, Dai Yangtian, Guo Liang the baddies.

Jeanette Aw, Dai Yangtian and Guo Liang as villains are interesting. I think Guo Liang steals the limelight by his protrayal of the main baddie.

It's been sometime since I last enjoyed a local TV series so much. I really like the Yang family characters. Jeanette did good in her role/s, and I'm looking forward to more of her character's appearances and future development.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    It's been sometime since I last enjoyed a local TV series so much.
    I enjoy this show too. The plot is very interesting and, compared to The Score《无花果》, which also had an interesting plot, the scene composition and acting in this show is generally better.

What's with the supernatural elements, though, namely Zou Jieming's sixth sense and Ya Lina's magic? Personally, I don't like fantasy elements, especially in stories with a modern setting.

Jeanette did good in her role/s, and I'm looking forward to more of her character's appearances and future development.
    I'm not with you here, unfortunately. I feel that Jeanette's acting – or at least her interpretation of her character – lacks subtlety. Her multiple personalities all take extreme forms and end up looking like caricatures. It makes me wonder why they needed to consult a psychiatrist to find out she had multiple personality disorder.

I'll acknowledge, though, that a lot of other people will probably like Jeanette's performance too and I won't be surprised at all – in fact I think it's likely – that she will get a nomination for best actress at the Star Awards.

Elvin Ng is another lead who's likely to get a nomination for best actor because characters with abnormal behaviour usually garner nominations for the actor. I have no idea whether he actually did a good job though because I'm not familiar with autistic people.

My personal favourite performances in this show so far are those by Guo Liang, Zhou Ying, Darren Lim and Christopher Lee.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 12-18-10 at 10:44 PM.

Yes, I'm pretty impressed by Zhou Ying too. She is a natural.

Yang Nianqing assaulted Situ Dongcheng early in the show last night! Gotta love that priceless look of his.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post

My personal favourite performances in this show so far are those by Guo Liang, Zhou Ying, Darren Lim and Christopher Lee.
    yep I agree as well. Actually I'm surprised by Zhou Ying's acting.

Where can I watch this series. Is it available online. Any link please.

Banned

This show is great I think. I don't think that many people do like this. Some people think this show is gory but i think this show is a very good and interesting. This is one of the most watched shows in the Singapore.This is one of my favorite shows I have ever watched. I love this show. This is definatly in my top 10 favorite shows.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-22-12 at 10:34 PM. Reason: remove link to online series site.