Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Inner Palace: Zhen Huan Biography 《后宫:甄嬛传》

Oh no, I was checking out episode 1 out of curiosity. And now I'm on episode 11 and can't stop! u_u; It's too good... I was wary about the lack of music and slow pace but it's actually not as bad as I expected.

I thought BBJX was realistic but this even surpasses that. I guess with the amount of women in this makes their schemes far more entertaining (at least for me lol). But I've been wondering, the women in this series when they first entered the palace, they were given certain ranks (shang zai, da ying, etc.) Are these ranks real direct from history? If so, how come other Qing palace drama series didn't have these rank names?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    Oh no, I was checking out episode 1 out of curiosity. And now I'm on episode 11 and can't stop! u_u; It's too good... I was wary about the lack of music and slow pace but it's actually not as bad as I expected.

I thought BBJX was realistic but this even surpasses that. I guess with the amount of women in this makes their schemes far more entertaining (at least for me lol). But I've been wondering, the women in this series when they first entered the palace, they were given certain ranks (shang zai, da ying, etc.) Are these ranks real direct from history? If so, how come other Qing palace drama series didn't have these rank names?
    the ranks are real in history~ but as the ranks are too complicated, most dramas just don't want to pay so much attention on them...
    http://msdustrain00.wordpress.com/
    My blog about Asian drama.

Damn, I was so happy when "she" was demoted to Pin level. But I don't like how the emperor hesitated for a bit and then promoted her to Pin. That is I'm assuming Pin is above Gui Ren? I thought Gui Ren was above Pin. So she's still above Zhen Huan...

Edit: Damn, Emperor took back his word.

I'm also confused. During their first "vacation" to the other palace, ZH was accused of poisoning the baby princess but this other Fei (the sick one) helped her by giving her a fake alibi. But before that scene, she said she wants ZH to help her which is why she first helped ZH. But there was no follow up and they left that palace afterwards. Did I miss something?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems she lives in the palace too... Or did they really go to another palace? Am a bit confused.

So far, what's peculiar is that the person I hate the most in this drama is not Hua Fei, but the Emperor! He is so unbelievably dense! I think this actor that portrays him is not the best casting choice... After seeing BBJX's Yong Zheng, and then watching episode 28 of this drama when the Emperor slowly "limp" from his seat and addresses Hua Fei's brother made me wince... Sigh. The second person I hate the most is Hua Fei's brother.
    Last edited by Sakuya; 04-30-12 at 05:07 AM.

Damn, I was so happy when "she" was demoted to Pin level. But I don't like how the emperor hesitated for a bit and then promoted her to Pin. That is I'm assuming Pin is above Gui Ren? I thought Gui Ren was above Pin. So she's still above Zhen Huan...

Edit: Damn, Emperor took back his word.

I'm also confused. During their first "vacation" to the other palace, ZH was accused of poisoning the baby princess but this other Fei (the sick one) helped her by giving her a fake alibi. But before that scene, she said she wants ZH to help her which is why she first helped ZH. But there was no follow up and they left that palace afterwards. Did I miss something?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems she lives in the palace too... Or did they really go to another palace? Am a bit confused.

So far, what's peculiar is that the person I hate the most in this drama is not Hua Fei, but the Emperor! He is so unbelievably dense! I think this actor that portrays him is not the best casting choice... After seeing BBJX's Yong Zheng, and then watching episode 28 of this drama when the Emperor slowly "limp" from his seat and addresses Hua Fei's brother made me wince... Sigh. The second person I hate the most is Hua Fei's brother.
    Yes, the emperor just want to teach Hua Fei a lesson. He did not really want to do any harm to her.
    the sick Fei(Duan Fei) did not mention what she wanted ZH to do, but later you will know.
    The character of the emperor is designed to be hated. Just remember he is not in BBJX.

Oh wow, I'm now at episode 42 and I can't stop watching! The plot is seriously very well written and one of the better dramas I've seen in years. TVB's Qing dramas pale in comparison. This one is maybe a bit better (and more entertaining due to the large cast) than War & Beauty. If only I watched it earlier because no one is discussing here now!

click to show/hide spoilers
    I actually feel very sorry for Hua Fei during her death scene. The script is really powerful thanks to the long episode count and realistic character development.

Oh wow, I'm now at episode 42 and I can't stop watching! The plot is seriously very well written and one of the better dramas I've seen in years. TVB's Qing dramas pale in comparison. This one is maybe a bit better (and more entertaining due to the large cast) than War & Beauty. If only I watched it earlier because no one is discussing here now!

I actually feel very sorry for Hua Fei during her death scene. The script is really powerful thanks to the long episode count and realistic character development.
    I agree with you that this is a very good drama in years. It reminds me of those days when I was watching War & Beauty with my friends. Hope you will enjoy the rest of this drama.
    I cried when ZH lost her child and when Hua Fei died. They both act well in their big scene.

Dang, just finished the series and I'm so sad it ended! But I was really satisfied with the ending, it really gave me the chills when
    she took her revenge and he died. I think it's always refreshing to have a new take on history and even put the emperor in the bad role. In this case, he deserved what he got IMO! I think the casting choice for him made me hate him more. I noticed how the actor's facial expression is the exact same no matter when he's happy, mad, bored, or frustrated and it drove me insane! That is the only part I disliked about this series.

I'm also surprised that at 76 episodes, the series did not drag AT ALL! Props to the screenwriter/director, each episode was significant to build up the characters and in the end, everyone was really well rounded and realistic.

I want more dang it! Anyone know what other series the book's author has worked on that is also turning into a TV drama? I sort of want to watch it all over again, haha!

Hi, do you mind sharing the links to watch Da Qin Zhi Dao & Diao Man Xin Niang? I can't find any good quality links to watch. Really like LDX after watching Zhen Huan Zhuan.. now looking for his other dramas. Thanks in advance!! )

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    So thanks to "Da Qin Zhi Dao" (and after going back to rewatch his parts of "Diao Man Xin Niang") I am now completely in love with Li DongXue and have started watching this drama for him! (It's about time one of the Beijing boys stole my heart again... My two old-time mainland China favourites were Beijing Film Academy alumni Chen Kun + Huang Xiaoming, but in the past few years the Shanghai guys--i.e. Hu Ge, Yuan Hong, and more recently FSF; and you can semi-throw Yan Kuan into the mix--have caught my attention instead. But not anymore! XD)

*Ahem* Anyways...bit disappointed that apparently LDX doesn't actually have that much screentime in this, and there also doesn't seem to be much eyecandy besides him (the girls are super pretty though!)...but I hear his role his pretty good so I'm looking forward to his appearance.

Just finished the first episode and I have to say the costumes/sets/makeup are absolutely gorgeous, but the storyline doesn't quite appeal to me yet. (After watching a couple of series focusing on "bigger" issues like welfare of the country, it's a bit boring watching a whole bunch of petty palace women scheme over such trivial matters... ) Also Yongzheng is, sorry to say, terrible! Not only is he too, er, plump, for my mental image of Yongzheng...but every time he speaks I feel like falling asleep. T_T

On the plus side, quality-wise this drama definitely seems heads-and-shoulders above all the other court/palace dramas lately so perhaps I may actually manage to finish it (despite its insanely high episode count!)...

Hi All,

I watched to eps 42 vietsub and they have not released any beyond that.
    I don't understand chinese and dying to know at what eps Zhen Huan discovered An Ling Rong's real evil face that she had poisoned her with the cream she gave Zhen Huan to heal the scar on her neck ( and that is the real cause for first misscarriage)? Did ZHen Huan ever known that An Ling Rong did that to her?

Did she do any more harm to Zhen Huan after eps 42?
    What happened to her did Zhen Huan revenge back to her? What eps is that?

And What about the Empress? At what eps Zhen Huan comes to know her true face? How did she caught the Empress. Which Eps is that?

Thank you so much for taking time answering my questions!

Default What happend to An Ling Rong

Sorry I posted in a wrong page.
    Should be in this page. Hopefully someone will see it and give me an answer.
    Thank you in advance!

-------------
    Hi All,

I don't understand chinese and dying to know at what eps Zhen Huan discovered An Ling Rong's real evil face that she had poisoned her with the cream she gave Zhen Huan to heal the scar on her neck ( and that is the real cause for first misscarriage)? Did ZHen Huan ever known that An Ling Rong did that to her?

And What about the Empress? At what eps Zhen Huan comes to know her true face? How did she caught the Empress. Which Eps is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfan View Post
    Hi All,

It shouldn't be very long before ZH knew about it. But it was the last 10 eps(don't really remember but i think it's about ep 68) when ZH really disclosed it to the Emperor. And yes, LR was going to hurt ZH more.

ZH shall soon know Empress's true face... very very soon as you are at ep 42. And she was the last one ZH got down. After that it was the end.

How do you like this drama? I love it very much. You can still ask me if you have any questions.

Dang, just finished the series and I'm so sad it ended! But I was really satisfied with the ending, it really gave me the chills when
    she took her revenge and he died. I think it's always refreshing to have a new take on history and even put the emperor in the bad role. In this case, he deserved what he got IMO! I think the casting choice for him made me hate him more. I noticed how the actor's facial expression is the exact same no matter when he's happy, mad, bored, or frustrated and it drove me insane! That is the only part I disliked about this series.

I'm also surprised that at 76 episodes, the series did not drag AT ALL! Props to the screenwriter/director, each episode was significant to build up the characters and in the end, everyone was really well rounded and realistic.

I want more dang it! Anyone know what other series the book's author has worked on that is also turning into a TV drama? I sort of want to watch it all over again, haha!
    I was really satisfied with the ending too!!! Love the way ZH was so lonely...
    And I rewatched several times
    Haven't heart anything from the author yet... so I guess not now...

By the way, I forgot how Ling Rong suddenly started to target ZH. Can anyone shed some light? I'm currently rewatching the series from the ground up, lol.

The author is currently writing a new spin-off novel series called 后宫如懿传 that takes place immediately after this series. It is about the princess Qing Ying who was betrothed to 4th Prince at the end of this series.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/7028270.htm

By the way, I forgot how Ling Rong suddenly started to target ZH. Can anyone shed some light? I'm currently rewatching the series from the ground up, lol.

The author is currently writing a new spin-off novel series called 后宫如懿传 that takes place immediately after this series. It is about the princess Qing Ying who was betrothed to 4th Prince at the end of this series.

I think it's complicated...
    1. ZH & MZ said she was so cruel to kill Yu(who tried to poison ZH) and she happened to hear it.
    2. she was born in a relatively poor family and her birth mother was not loved by her father, so she always felt inferior.
    3. the Emperor didn't like her at first, in order to bring her family honor she had to join the Empress side, and unfortunately the Empress wanted ZH to die.
    4. she was just jealous at ZH.

hi

which 4th prince are is this? is he yong zhen's son? and who's princess qing ying?? she's not zhen huan's sister right?

4th prince is YZ's son who he initially didn't like. He is ZH's "adopted" son. Qing Ying is I think the niece of the Empress? Or some relative.

Just finished the series. (I had to skip a few episodes because tl;ds)

I like the emperor and his hypocrisy. It's totally fine for him to cheat on his pregnant wife with her sister no less but unforgivable when ZH does it with his brother. Mind you, she thought she wasn't gonna return to the palace and stopped once she returned. Also it's totally fine for him to kill his brother over his wife but the empress is apparently irredeemable in his eyes because she killed her sister after losing pretty much everything without a word of comfort from him. No, it was not okay of her to do that, honestly, both of them deserve each other.

I also like the doctor and his creepiness. I love it when he couldn't wait to tell ZH that the love of her life just died and while she's coughing up blood and all, that he would be more than happy to take care of her and the kids in his place. How sensitive of him. Yeah no, go away creepster.

The 17th is a waeksauce. Ah no he's the perfect guy with zero flaw, but completely unrealistic. And boring.

Honestly all the women in this series are much more interesting and likable than the guys. I wish Hua Fei didn't die so early. She kicked way more asses than all the concubines....

i agree. this show really displays how the situation is in emperor's harem. i feel that the change with zhenhuan is a really important part of the show. my teacher recommended us to watch this as it depicts how the society could be like when we enter it. this show has taught me a lot too. i hope there are more shows just like this. i don't really watch these type of show often but i felt that this show was quite nice. the scriptwriter did a good job too. i also agree that the scriptwriter shouldn't have chosen yongzhen as this emperor doesn't give me the type of 'wei feng' that an emperor should. i really hope that there could be another show along this lines of genre.

This is a duplicate message
    Last edited by EastMagi; 12-14-12 at 02:43 PM.

This is a duplicate message
    Last edited by EastMagi; 12-14-12 at 02:38 PM.