Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Inner Palace: Zhen Huan Biography 《后宫:甄嬛传》

I'm glad to have found this forum as I was browsing the internet for anything related to this show.
    Last edited by EastMagi; 02-22-14 at 07:28 PM.

This post contains spoilers.

I am now at episode 31:
    I feel sorry for Concubine An. Always consumed with jealousy. Always harbouring resentment. I think she has an inferiority complex and cannot help but feel sorry for her. She seems unable to feel happy for her friends, unable to treat other people or reciprocate friendship to her with sincerity. I find her self-pity annoying.

Thus far, she has killed two unborn babies, those of Concubine Fucha and Zhen Huan. Killed two unborn babies, knowingly, with intent. And apparently having no qualms about her misdeeds. I hope she gets her just deserts one day.

I liked the innocent Concubine Chun very much. Her death felt more impactful (to me) than Zhen Huan miscarrying. (Likely because I already knew she would miscarry from the trailer.)

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    This post contains spoilers.

I am now at episode 31:
    I feel sorry for Concubine An. Always consumed with jealousy. Always harbouring resentment. I think she has an inferiority complex and cannot help but feel sorry for her. She seems unable to feel happy for her friends, unable to treat other people or reciprocate friendship to her with sincerity. I find her self-pity annoying.

Thus far, she has killed two unborn babies, those of Concubine Fucha and Zhen Huan. Killed two unborn babies, knowingly, with intent. And apparently having no qualms about her misdeeds. I hope she gets her just deserts one day.

I liked the innocent Concubine Chun very much. Her death felt more impactful (to me) than Zhen Huan miscarrying. (Likely because I already knew she would miscarry from the trailer.)
    Spoilers -----

Concubine An is not a good person. She's what they call a two face. Audiences will learn to hate this character as the story progresses.
    Last edited by EastMagi; 12-28-12 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMagi View Post
    Spoilers -----

Concubine An is not a good person. She's what they call a two face. Audiences will learn to hate this character as the story progresses.
    This post contains spoilers:

I agree. Both Concubine An and the Queen. I feel sorry for them. I have seen from the trailer what will become of the Queen, but not of An. I am looking forward to An getting her just deserts.

The King's mother seems to be an interesting character as well. I enjoy the layers in her manipulations.

I am now at episode 54, at the part where the King is about to bring the pregnant Zhen Huan back to the palace (from the nunnery).
    Last edited by poppies; 12-29-12 at 07:28 AM.

I agree. Both Concubine An and the Queen. I feel sorry for them. I have seen from the trailer what will become of the Queen, but not of An. I am looking forward to An getting her just deserts.

The King's mother seems to be an interesting character as well. I enjoy the layers in her manipulations.

I am now at episode 54, at the part where the King is about to bring the pregnant Zhen Huan back to the palace (from the nunnery).
    Spoilers Alert!!------

The King's mother is a very intelligent woman. She knows EVERYTHING that goes on with the concubines but chooses to remain neutral and out of their businesses.

Now that you're at the episode where Zhen Huan is returning to the palace, get ready to see a stronger side of her and how she deals with her enemies. This is the side that I like about Zhen Huan.

Spoilers Alert!!------
    The King's mother is a very intelligent woman. She knows EVERYTHING that goes on with the concubines but chooses to remain neutral and out of their businesses.

Now that you're at the episode where Zhen Huan is returning to the palace, get ready to see a stronger side of her and how she deals with her enemies. This is the side that I like about Zhen Huan.

I was surprised that she did not wreck vengeance on the Queen and Concubines An and Qi immediately upon her return, for her miscarriage and her family's suffering.

Neither did she do so when Concubine Hui died.

She seems passive, only retaliating after the others have struck. I am now at the part where the 17th Prince is to wed her step-sister and Miss Meng. Only 11 episodes left. I am looking forward to them--the King's death, how she will bring down the Queen, and above all, An's retribution.

Poor Dr Wen. Blimey.

I was surprised that she did not wreck vengeance on the Queen and Concubines An and Qi immediately upon her return, for her miscarriage and her family's suffering.

Neither did she do so when Concubine Hui died.

She seems passive, only retaliating after the others have struck. I am now at the part where the 17th Prince is to wed her step-sister and Miss Meng. Only 11 episodes left. I am looking forward to them--the King's death, how she will bring down the Queen, and above all, An's retribution.

Poor Dr Wen. Blimey.
    She's not that passive -- Just keep watching....
    Although she prefers to take the high road if she could.

She's not that passive -- Just keep watching....
    Although she prefers to take the high road if she could.
    You are right! 18 minutes into the next episode and the Gua Er Jia clan of Concubine Qi has been brought down, and An's dad has been ejected from office, stripped of his titles and jailed.

I have finished watching it, finally. Have enjoyed it very much. Quite a journey it has been. Well worth a hundred dollars.

I have just bought Bu Bu Jin Xin. Hope it is good. Looking forward to it.

I have finished watching it, finally. Have enjoyed it very much. Quite a journey it has been. Well worth a hundred dollars.

I have just bought Bu Bu Jin Xin. Hope it is good. Looking forward to it.
    What did you think of the ending?

Bu Bu Jin Xin is also pretty good. It's about the same emperor (this guy has been really popular lately - he's everywhere )

What did you think of the ending?

Bu Bu Jin Xin is also pretty good. It's about the same emperor (this guy has been really popular lately - he's everywhere )
    I thought it was good. I enjoyed that last conversation between Zhen Huan and Hongli/Qianlong, how things concluded between the King and her, the Queen, An...all of it. For some reason, I had this idea that she would be lonely at the end. I kept expecting something to happen to her maid and was glad that Jing Xi remained alive and loyal.

I would have preferred her bringing down of the Queen to be more intricate, and, well, more badass. Like the vengeance she dealt out to An, and Qi's Gua Er Jia clan. (My favourite was how the Queen brought her down earlier in the show--I thought every move was clever.)

I liked how she denied the King his "Si Lang", but addressed him as that after he died. I felt they shared a complex relationship. It was sad that things between them came to such a pass.

I felt very sorry for the Queen after watching her last scene with the King, where the history between the sisters and the King was revealed.

The shop where I bought the show gave me the soundtrack as a gift with purchase when I bought Bu Bu Jing Xin. I get all wistful whenever I listen to it. Quite a good show. Almost every character was well-written and I ended up feeling sorry for all of them.
    Last edited by poppies; 01-04-13 at 03:18 AM.

I'm loving this series so far. I'm already on EP 26! I read a bit of the book and the drama follows very closely with the plot of the novel (some conversations were lifted word for word). This has been brought up before, but I did not like how they chose to give the role of the emperor to Chen Jianbin. In the novel, the emperor was 25. I understand that they had to pick an older actor to play the male lead, as Yongzheng did not ascend the throne until he was in his 40s, but I feel like they could have chosen a more attractive man. Chen Jianbin only seems to have one expression - his poker face, and he lacks the regal aura I would expect of an emperor. His acting pales in comparison to the superb acting of the women in the drama.

My least favorite character is An Chang Zai. Her self pity annoys me to no end. If Zhen Huan gives her a gift, she thinks that Zhen Huan is looking down upon her, but if Zhen Huan gives something nice to Chun Chang Zai or Huan Bi, she thinks that Zhen Huan does not treat her well. Gah!

I like Sun Li's portrayal of Zhen Huan, but absolutely adore the jealous, conniving, and foxy Hua Fei! I've never seen Jiang Xin's acting before, but I am so excited to watch her next project, the adaptation of Tang Qi Gong Zi's Hua Xu Yin, in which she is going to co-star with Kevin Cheng and Yuan Hong! Jiang Xin is gorgeous and I really like how they did her eye makeup in this drama.

I'm a bit confused about the backstory between Hua Fei and Duan Fei. Can anyone shed some light on this? I think Hua Fei fed some poison to Duan Fei that caused her to become sterile and constantly sickly. Also, when with the love story with 17th happen? Totally looking forward to that, because he seems to be the only attractive man so far...
    Last edited by xia0yuer; 01-20-13 at 06:23 PM.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

I thought 17th Prince (number, right?) was very handsome...but quite boring.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    I'm loving this series so far. I'm already on EP 26! I read a bit of the book and the drama follows very closely with the plot of the novel (some conversations were lifted word for word). This has been brought up before, but I did not like how they chose to give the role of the emperor to Chen Jianbin. In the novel, the emperor was 25. I understand that they had to pick an older actor to play the male lead, as Yongzheng did not ascend the throne until he was in his 40s, but I feel like they could have chosen a more attractive man. Chen Jianbin only seems to have one expression - his poker face, and he lacks the regal aura I would expect of an emperor. His acting pales in comparison to the superb acting of the women in the drama.
    I agree that his acting was not up to par with everybody else and has pretty much the exact same face in every scene. But it makes his last scene that much more justified because I end up hating his character so much. I guess his acting makes me hate the character even more lol.

I'm a bit confused about the backstory between Hua Fei and Duan Fei. Can anyone shed some light on this? I think Hua Fei fed some poison to Duan Fei that caused her to become sterile and constantly sickly. Also, when with the love story with 17th happen? Totally looking forward to that, because he seems to be the only attractive man so far...
    SPOILER ALERT for those who never finished watching!

Hua Fei was pregnant but had a miscarriage, after which she never had any more children. She suspected it was Duan Fei who made her lose her child. It's been a long time since I've watched the drama but I think it was said Hua Fei was in charge of Duan Fei's food preparation or something? Maybe she added stuff in it to make her sick as well as make her sterile. Because I remember after Hua Fei died, Duan Fei became more active. But in fact, it was revealed later that the incense the Emperor had given Hua Fei had some kind of ingredient in it (I don't know the English name for it) that led to her miscarrying, and Duan Fei was innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    Hua Fei was pregnant but had a miscarriage, after which she never had any more children. She suspected it was Duan Fei who made her lose her child. It's been a long time since I've watched the drama but I think it was said Hua Fei was in charge of Duan Fei's food preparation or something? Maybe she added stuff in it to make her sick as well as make her sterile. Because I remember after Hua Fei died, Duan Fei became more active. But in fact, it was revealed later that the incense the Emperor had given Hua Fei had some kind of ingredient in it (I don't know the English name for it) that led to her miscarrying, and Duan Fei was innocent.
    Yeah, Hua Fei blamed Duan Fei for her miscarriage. Out of rage, she made Duan Fei swallow some kind of poison and Duan Fei never quite recovered from it. That's why she always appears weak.
    Last edited by EastMagi; 01-21-13 at 08:44 PM.

I've never seen Jiang Xin's acting before, but I am so excited to watch her next project, the adaptation of Tang Qi Gong Zi's Hua Xu Yin, in which she is going to co-star with Kevin Cheng and Yuan Hong! Jiang Xin is gorgeous and I really like how they did her eye makeup in this drama.
    Have you seen TLBB 2004? (the one with Liu Yi Fei). Jiang Xin played Mu Wan Qing in that series.

Have you seen TLBB 2004? (the one with Liu Yi Fei). Jiang Xin played Mu Wan Qing in that series.
    Nope, I've never watched it, but it's definitely on my to-watch list now. One of the things I really like about Jiang Xin is that she isn't stick skinny like most of the actresses in Asia. She's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    Yeah, the emperor put shexiang (musk) in her incense, which apparently is harmful to women's bodies. The emperor is a really scary person - he schemes against the women who share his bed night after night and can even kill the mother of his children. He really is a heartless person who only sees his concubines as chess pieces. He discarded Hua Fei and Cao Gui Ren so easily...

I'm now on Ep 50! I'm so happy that 17th and Zhen Huan are together. When he said that he will only marry one woman, one that he loved, I seriously melted into a puddle. I don't find him boring, maybe a little too perfect, but his lack of ambition and foresight will certainly cause him pain in the future. He can't have both Zhen Huan and his princely title.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Default Legend of Zhen Huan To Become a 6 Mini TV Movie For Western Audience

Recent news regarding The Legend of Zhen Huan. American corporation is in the process of signing a contract with Director Zhen Xiao-long to earn the rights to this remarkable TV show with the intention of bringing it to the U.S
    Last edited by EastMagi; 02-22-14 at 07:29 PM.

Each episode is like 40+ minutes, which makes it AT LEAST more than 50 hours in length. How do you CUT more than 75% of a Series and make it understandable. I'm sure there are "boring" areas, but every scene, even minor ones, seems to have subtle importance.

This reminds me of what TVB did w/ many of their series they released on VCD about a decade or so ago, which butchered many of the entire story-lines.

Recent news regarding The Legend of Zhen Huan. American corporation is in the process of signing a contract with Director Zhen Xiao-long to earn the rights to this remarkable TV show with the intention of bringing it to the U.S for western audience, targeting Americans and European audiences.

Check out the complete story here:
    http://bit.ly/WnGLw1
    WOW... I don't think it's a good idea to cut off the majority part... =.=
    6 eps... too short to tell such a complicated story.
    http://msdustrain00.wordpress.com/
    My blog about Asian drama.