Elaine Ng talks about raising Jackie Chan's daughter

Elaine Ng Yi-Lei, who famously got knocked up by superstar Jackie Chan 11 years ago, finally spoke about the incident recently.

Back in 1999, the winner of Miss Asia 1990 revealed that she was pregnant with Chan’s child, sending shockwaves all over the Chinese showbiz scene. On Nov 19 that year, she gave birth to a daughter and named her Etta Ng Chok Lam.

Speaking to Hong Kong’s Ming Pao Weekly recently, Ng said she never regretted the decision.

“I never do anything that I would regret later. I enjoy being a mother,” she said.

Though she refused to say how much Etta resembles her father, she described the girl as “an energetic, active and a mischievous Scorpio that is not shy at all.”

“She started playing and talking with adults when she was just two years old,” said the proud mother.

Though she refused to say how much Etta resembles her father, she described the girl as “an energetic, active and a mischievous Scorpio that is not shy at all.”

“She started playing and talking with adults when she was just two years old,” said the proud mother.

Of course, it was not easy for Etta, who is now 11 years old.

Ng revealed that some of her daughter’s classmates would say to Etta, “Your dad is so-and-so.”

“I would say, ‘Is that so? This is not proven. I can even claim that your dad is Michael Jackson.’ ”

However, when the time comes, trust Ng to tell her daughter what really happened.

“(I will) just tell her truth. I was young, reckless and eager to win. So I did it and made the decision. I don’t want my daughter to follow in my footsteps.

“I have to be responsible for what I’ve done. It’s pointless to comment about what has happened,” she explained.

So far, the questions Etta has asked her included, “Why I don’t have a father like others do?”

“I told her, ‘You have a lot of things that others don’t. So stop comparing with others,’ ” said Ng.

Despite being estranged from Chan, Ng, 38, said that she never taught her daughter to hate Chan.

“I told her, you can see things from both sides. There’s right and there’s wrong. You should not hate, even if you might not like it,” she said.

Nor is she in a hurry to find a new lover

“It all comes down to fate. You can’t ask for it. I will not rush to find Etta a new dad.”

Source: SINA.com

Link
http://www.dailychilli.com/buzz/8296...chans-daughter