Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 118 of 118

Thread: Xiao Long Nu vs Linghu Chung

  1. #101
    Senior Member CancerLuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    I think a more important question is why didn't XLN get better at all during the 16 year break. With her already amazing speed, having internal would boost her to Great Status, but JY decided she wouldn't even get better slightly.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    After YG met XLN, she didn't really care about anything except being with him. Prior to that she had interest in martial arts, but by the time of the 16 years, one could argue she had no motivation or interest in increasing or practicing her skills, so it's pretty believable that she didn't improve in the slightest.

  3. #103
    Senior Member devilz91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    522

    Default

    So what happened to internal energy thats supposed to just improves on its own?

  4. #104
    Senior Member CancerLuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    It seems her only real hobby is martial arts, very strange with 16 years to go, that she doesn't practice one bit lol.

  5. #105
    Senior Member ChanceEncounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    I can accept and enjoy JY's novels as it is written. But I don't have to agree with the logic of all details. It's like reading Superman and thinking "Why doesn't his hair or suit ever burn up?" There are many "canon" explanations... but the logic is sort of bad.
    You can ask this question of yourself whenever you want. People fanwank answers for various Superman phenomenon all the time. But in a versus thread, it would be foolish to specify that Superman would lose because his hair caught on fire. There's little precedence for such a thing occurring naturally, or any belief that it would happen with any regularity.

    That's the difference. In this thread, we should assume that XLN uses her full potential, as with LHC, as there was simply no handicap imposed on them in the original post.

  6. #106
    Senior Member Snafu3721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    You can ask this question of yourself whenever you want. People fanwank answers for various Superman phenomenon all the time. But in a versus thread, it would be foolish to specify that Superman would lose because his hair caught on fire. There's little precedence for such a thing occurring naturally, or any belief that it would happen with any regularity.

    That's the difference. In this thread, we should assume that XLN uses her full potential, as with LHC, as there was simply no handicap imposed on them in the original post.
    Although this is a versus thread, I never argued for either LHC or XLN. I actually went off topic =P
    When I drew up the arguments for XLN's speed it was in reference to someone's comment that XLN is so fast that it's comparable to DFBB. I just didn't think XLN should be that fast. And if she was, why so?
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 02-28-11 at 07:54 AM.

  7. #107
    Senior Member Snafu3721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna
    I think a more important question is why didn't XLN get better at all during the 16 year break. With her already amazing speed, having internal would boost her to Great Status, but JY decided she wouldn't even get better slightly.
    That's the thing that always bugged me about XLN and her martial progression. She gets random boosts of power/speed and then seems to almost regress.

    Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    After YG met XLN, she didn't really care about anything except being with him. Prior to that she had interest in martial arts, but by the time of the 16 years, one could argue she had no motivation or interest in increasing or practicing her skills, so it's pretty believable that she didn't improve in the slightest.
    It could be that she may have gained more internal (she does have QZ internal foundation from Jade Maiden)... But with the other Greats supposedly doubling their internal and such, XLN's improvements probably didn't look so spectacular =P
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 02-28-11 at 12:11 AM.

  8. #108
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,376

    Default

    Yeah, who gives a shit about XLN vs LHC. Let's find out all the holes in JY's writing and let the world know!

    Seriously, there's something deeply gratifying about proving "God" as wrong.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  9. #109
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,621

    Default

    OT: regarding Superman...

    His hair doesn't burn because his entire body, INCLUDING his hair, is equally invulnerable. Remember in SUPERMAN IV (a pretty bad film, really), Lex Luthor had to use a CABLE-CUTTER to cut just a single strand of Superman's hair (and really, it shouldn't have worked unless the hair was first subjected to Kryptonite or red solar radiation).

    As for Superman's clothes, there are two different explanations depending on when the comic was published.

    Before the 1985 maxiseries CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, Superman's costume was as invulnerable as he was because like him, it came from Krypton, and anything from Krypton became invulnerable under yellow solar radiation such as that emitted by Earth's sun. Kal-El's adopted mother, Martha Kent, made his Superman costume from the blankets that he arrived in when he was a baby (of course, that raises the question of how Martha could have cut and sewn invulnerable fabric).

    After CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, which rewrote the DC Universe's history, the suit was made of ordinary Earth fabric, but Superman's aura of invulnerability extended a fraction of an inch off his skin, so a skin-tight costume such as his would be invulnerable as he is. This does not, however, apply to the cape, which hangs loosely off his back. Hence, Post-CRISIS, Superman's cape is often damaged even though the rest of his costume is intact (Pre-CRISIS, the cape was invulnerable too).

  10. #110
    Senior Member Snafu3721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    OT: regarding Superman...

    His hair doesn't burn because his entire body, INCLUDING his hair, is equally invulnerable. Remember in SUPERMAN IV (a pretty bad film, really), Lex Luthor had to use a CABLE-CUTTER to cut just a single strand of Superman's hair (and really, it shouldn't have worked unless the hair was first subjected to Kryptonite or red solar radiation).

    As for Superman's clothes, there are two different explanations depending on when the comic was published.

    Before the 1985 maxiseries CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, Superman's costume was as invulnerable as he was because like him, it came from Krypton, and anything from Krypton became invulnerable under yellow solar radiation such as that emitted by Earth's sun. Kal-El's adopted mother, Martha Kent, made his Superman costume from the blankets that he arrived in when he was a baby (of course, that raises the question of how Martha could have cut and sewn invulnerable fabric).

    After CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, which rewrote the DC Universe's history, the suit was made of ordinary Earth fabric, but Superman's aura of invulnerability extended a fraction of an inch off his skin, so a skin-tight costume such as his would be invulnerable as he is. This does not, however, apply to the cape, which hangs loosely off his back. Hence, Post-CRISIS, Superman's cape is often damaged even though the rest of his costume is intact (Pre-CRISIS, the cape was invulnerable too).
    Pre-Crisis: It also raises the question as to how Superman cut his hair as a child or shaves as adolescent. And there were occasions where his suit did tear, how do you repair the suit? There is only limited kryptonian fabric that fell into Kansas. And just for fun-- If Superman can get more of the Kryptonian fabric... he should be nice and share it with Batman who definitely needs it.

    Post Crisis: Why does superman get hurt from Darkseid's Omega Sanction? He has an aura of invincibility! I can understand impact damage since kinetic force should still permeate the aura, but why do certain beams still hurt him?
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 02-28-11 at 07:54 AM.

  11. #111
    Senior Member Snafu3721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yeah, who gives a shit about XLN vs LHC. Let's find out all the holes in JY's writing and let the world know!

    Seriously, there's something deeply gratifying about proving "God" as wrong.
    That's right! It's putting the smack down to the brilliant creator! Suck it to you and your awesome creation!
    How dare you create something I love but didn't take the extra step to satisfy all my curiosities!
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 02-28-11 at 10:49 AM.

  12. #112
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    Pre-Crisis: It also raises the question as to how Superman cut his hair as a child or shaves as adolescent. And there were occasions where his suit did tear, how do you repair the suit? There is only limited kryptonian fabric that fell into Kansas. And just for fun-- If Superman can get more of the Kryptonian fabric... he should be nice and share it with Batman who definitely needs it.
    Pre-CRISIS, I believe Clark shaved himself by making a special razor blade fashioned from the remains of the rocket that carried him to Earth. Post-CRISIS, he uses his heat vision through a mirror.

    Pre-CRISIS, the suit just never got damaged, period. Kryptonians were much more outrageously powerful Pre-CRISIS than Post-CRISIS.

    Post Crisis: Why does superman get hurt from Darkseid's Omega Sanction? He has an aura of invincibility! I can understand impact damage since kinetic force should still permeate the aura, but why do certain beams still hurt him?
    As a New God, Darkseid has powers that operate on a whole other plane.

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    * XLN Jade Maiden Sword with L/R hand skill seems "deadly" than Chongxu Tai Chi swordplay
    * XLN speed even considered "faster" than DFBB
    So since LHC couldn't "match up" DFBB speed and only get "luck" when he broke Chongxu Tai Chi swordplay he's not have a chance at all against Mrs Yang😎😎😎😎

  14. #114
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    * XLN Jade Maiden Sword with L/R hand skill seems "deadly" than Chongxu Tai Chi swordplay
    Tai Chi Sword Technique, maybe (maybe), but better than Dook Goo 9 Swords? Doubtful. DGKB's martial arts were on a level beyond that of the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY Greats.

    * XLN speed even considered "faster" than DFBB
    Strongly disagree. Overall consensus is that Dung Fong But Bai is, by far, the fastest-moving character in the entire Jin Yong canon.

    So since LHC couldn't "match up" DFBB speed and only get "luck" when he broke Chongxu Tai Chi swordplay he's not have a chance at all against Mrs Yang😎😎😎😎
    All Ling Wu Chung needs to do is put his sword in a "surprising position." Little Dragon Girl impales herself.

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Tai Chi Sword Technique, maybe (maybe), but better than Dook Goo 9 Swords? Doubtful. DGKB's martial arts were on a level beyond that of the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY Greats.



    Strongly disagree. Overall consensus is that Dung Fong But Bai is, by far, the fastest-moving character in the entire Jin Yong canon.



    All Ling Wu Chung needs to do is put his sword in a "surprising position." Little Dragon Girl impales herself.
    Well I'am not say XLN Jade Maiden Sword (with L/R hand skill) > LHC DG9S but Jade Maiden might be "better" than Chongxu Tai Chi swordplay and since LHC "struggling" against Chongxu and win only by "luck factor" so I think XLN would outclassed LHC here due the fact that LHC not perfectly mastered DG9S what I talk is about users/practioners of the art not the art as "skill"/stance which XLN with Jade Maiden Sword look better than LHC with DG9S in this area and about XLN speed even though her speed not necessary faster than DFBB at least equal and now about LHC "suprising position" did it "work" against DFBB and if didn't work against DFBB it's maybe didn't work against XLN too..

  16. #116
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well I'am not say XLN Jade Maiden Sword (with L/R hand skill) > LHC DG9S but Jade Maiden might be "better" than Chongxu Tai Chi swordplay and since LHC "struggling" against Chongxu and win only by "luck factor" so I think XLN would outclassed LHC here due the fact that LHC not perfectly mastered DG9S what I talk is about users/practioners of the art not the art as "skill"/stance which XLN with Jade Maiden Sword look better than LHC with DG9S in this area and about XLN speed even though her speed not necessary faster than DFBB at least equal and now about LHC "suprising position" did it "work" against DFBB and if didn't work against DFBB it's maybe didn't work against XLN too..
    Dung Fong But Bai has several times the inner power of Ling Wu Chung; Little Dragon Girl might have as much inner power as Ling Wu Chung (at best?).

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Nach LHC have advantage in internal part but technique/speed XLN is better without doubt☺️☺️☺️☺️

  18. #118
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Strongly disagree. Overall consensus is that Dung Fong But Bai is, by far, the fastest-moving character in the entire Jin Yong canon.
    Not sure that's really the consensus. In addition, the consensus among "top experts" (Lav, Kwok [in this thread], Athena) was that XLN > DFBB in speed.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Similar Threads

  1. Xia Gu Dan Xin [Chen Long, Wallace Chung, He Mei Tian]
    By Lady Zhuge in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-08-13, 10:26 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-19-12, 12:22 AM
  3. What if Xiao Long Nu became...
    By WuxiaMaster in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-02-11, 04:27 AM
  4. When did Xiao Long nu
    By palmchange in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-01-10, 09:54 PM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-07, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •