Thread: Links to Temptation《 誘情轉駁》

Default Links to Temptation《 誘情轉駁》

Links to Temptation

Link

http://b.tvb.com/tvbi/2010/12/14/new...to-temptation/

Casting: Steven Ma, Fala Chen, Yoyo Mung, Wong Tak Bun, Lee Sze Chit, Hung Tin Ming, Wong Chi Yin, Lau Tan
    Executive Producer: Tsu Yu On Scriptwriter: Lau Chi Wah
    The subtle relationship between Barrister SHING WAI-SHUN (Steven Ma) and pole dancer HUNG LONG-KIU (Fala Chen) begins with a cell phone. KIU has been treating SHUN hot and cold. On top of his he also finds her somewhat unpredictable so he decides to check her out secretly. His good friend KWAN HO-CHING (Yoyo Mung) discovers that KIU is going out with rich businessman KO WING-TAI (Lau Tan). Under SHUNs questioning, KIU confesses she is coveting TAIs money, telling him to give up his hope. It turns out that a mysterious man who has been close at hand is controlling KIU. Laying bare the darkest side of human nature, Links to Temptation is a thriller about morality and money, and greed and arrogance.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://kpophermes.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/transferredconnectiontemptation.jpg')

Have anyone watching this serial here?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-31-10 at 03:07 AM.

Just finished ep 1 and not impressed.

First of all, the themesong is all wrong. Its too happy for this dark and mysterious series. You would have thought it was a comedy if you closed your eyes watching the themevideo and it doesn't suit the killing or fighting scenes. And Fala's voice isn't great.

Second of all, Steven's role irritates me. Another naive good-guy role for him. Not that Steven can't act good but the constant stereotype of roles for Steven makes me bored. And don't get how such a naive and immature person can be a barrister. But Fala looks quite good in her role. Saw some of her pole dancing on youtube. She looks very attractive. Brave role to take.

Will give it another week while waiting for Yoyo. But still not impressed.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I actually like this series alot maybe because I like Steven and Fala looks pretty hot in this series. She seems super skinny though

I agree that the themesong is totally wrong for the series. Looking at the synopsis, this series seem to be a suspense thriller but the themesong is more suitable for fully romance series. They should have let Steven sing the themesong. He's an experience singer. Fala's song can put as subtheme song.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I agree that the themesong is totally wrong for the series. Looking at the synopsis, this series seem to be a suspense thriller but the themesong is more suitable for fully romance series. They should have let Steven sing the themesong. He's an experience singer. Fala's song can put as subtheme song.
    yeah agree with you but u know Fala's bf got some serious cash and power that's why they are promoting here so much...

the themesong is romantic comedy but the show is really dark so far (up to ep. 7) and getting darker. I don't really like Yoyo's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yeah agree with you but u know Fala's bf got some serious cash and power that's why they are promoting here so much...
    Oh? Who is her boyfriend?

This series is not very good...I'm at episode 5.

Main characters are not interesting and are very irritating.

Thinking about stopping here.

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Yoyo is disppointing me with her role. Jesie should be the most interesting one in th series but she really doesn't surprise me with her duality. Her eyes look blank. And so far, Jojo (Fala) has sub-normal intelligence from the reasons for her motivation to help Jessie. Wilson (Steven) is still boring. Lau Dan pisses me off! Wing (Kenny) is sleepwalking.

So far, only Billie (Johnson) seems very comfortable in his role! I hope he doesn't die!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Yoyo is disppointing me with her role. Jesie should be the most interesting one in th series but she really doesn't surprise me with her duality. Her eyes look blank. And so far, Jojo (Fala) has sub-normal intelligence from the reasons for her motivation to help Jessie. Wilson (Steven) is still boring. Lau Dan pisses me off! Wing (Kenny) is sleepwalking.

So far, only Billie (Johnson) seems very comfortable in his role! I hope he doesn't die!
    Yeah Johson (Lee Si Chit) is the one holding it together. Yo Yo looks dead half the time when she is scheming but maybe the story/script doesn't give her much else. Jojo is pretty silly for listening to Yoyo's reasoning and I don't feel her chemistry with Wilson - why does Wilson act like a little puppy around her all the time. I'm mildly interested in the Gordon backstory but that's it. can't believe there is still 5 episodes - yawn.

Yeah kinda agree that jojo seems stupid still i think this series overall is very good. I really think Fala have improved alot recently certainly one of the better actresses in tvb nowadays.

Finally finished the series. seriously, they should not give away the ending in the themevideo.

I feel I like Billy more and more as the series goes by. I agree with his rational decision regarding his lovelife wheras i don't get what TVB wanted out of Wilson and Yoyo at the end. It was one of the worst endings ever. All messed up and chessy.

Really do not recommend others from watching this. Very confusing plot.
    Cyril Connolly

I guess we don't have spoiler tags anymore, huh?

I agree it was confusing plot and strange ending. I could imagine Fala and Steven's performances separately but its kinda fails with the two of them - so I would say its lack of chemistry?

*SPOILER*
    So who gets the money at the end? I thought they were going to let Fala get it to support Steven who is out of work? The ending makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I guess we don't have spoiler tags anymore, huh?

I agree it was confusing plot and strange ending. I could imagine Fala and Steven's performances separately but its kinda fails with the two of them - so I would say its lack of chemistry?

*SPOILER*
    So who gets the money at the end? I thought they were going to let Fala get it to support Steven who is out of work? The ending makes no sense.
    The enidng is terrible. Steven really needs to play a vilian or something. Most fo the time in here, he is a lovesick puppy and it is a waste of talent.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Steven can still practise as a consultant even though he was debarred. Don;t get why everyone was touched though. I wa bored when he explained himself.
    Cyril Connolly

I was expecting a lot from this series from the first 3-4-ish episodes bc I liked the Fala and Steven pairing but the series was just a disappointment. Such a poor plot.
    NAMTOWN!

a little island east of america and west of europe

Awful series..... I am surprised I made it to the end.
    This producer is terrible... seriously, I think he spent too long in sitcom land and has lost all ability to make a decent series now. He has destroyed so many series that actually had some potential, such as "Every Move You Make" and this one. He should stick to rom-coms and sitcoms, rather than dabble in dramatic productions because he just ends up making them all really wishy washy.

Finish watching Link to Temptation. I agree with the detractors this time. I really don't know how to describe what's wrong, but, there's just something wrong. I only keep watching because I want to know how the series will end. Weird series but not in a good way.

The series feels pretty draggy and the biggest problem is you can't classify the series. I'm usually very tolerant about this. I don't need strict classification and I'm ok with series that have several genre lump together if it's done well. But, even I can't accept this series. What does it want to be? A mystery? A romance?
    The title is wrong, the themesong is wrong, the whole thing is... don't know how to say.

But, there are a few things I like in the series. I like Johnson's character. I like the brotherly chemistry and the family love. Steven and Fala's romance is the more in your face type. But, I feel nothing for them. instead, I feel more for the slow growing and more subtle love of Johnson and Yoyo.
    It's also interesting to see how Johnson and Steven treat love. They both struggle with loving a 'bad' woman, but, ultimately act differently. But, I guess it's also easier for Steven to decide because Fala is not as bad as Yoyo.
    What Steven said in front of the bar council is rather lame though. It's touching for the hopeless romantic, but, I thought the bar council should be more rational?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

After a year I still groan when I hear about this series. Here is my recollection of watching the series. You go in, see the poster, listen to the theme song and think - oh cool its forgettable happy go lucky post holiday/New Year romantic comedy, I guess I'll watch it with family during dinner. Okay so they introduce happy family going to vacation in Macau, something about pole dancing, chasing mystery girl.

BAM - the tone gets darker....okay, maybe its plot device - still lots of potential to resolve in comedic misunderstanding type of way with Steven Ma acting like lovesick puppy with sunny smile all the time.

Then it becomes out right sinister - wait a second I don't think this is romantic comedy anymore. It is more like revenge story but it can't be, the ending theme didn't change yet, don't they change the soundtrack or ending theme when it becomes serious?? But its still okay if this is revenge story because usually revenge becomes redemption story and it would be nice to have a happy ending around New Year's. After all, this is not some great masterpiece that delves deep into the human psyche - at least from what I have watched so far.

Then it becomes psychotic!
    It's all a blur to me now, but I remember something about Yoyo binding her mother to a chair and feeding her, then stuffing her into a closet - Misery style. Not dark enough for you? Then everyone DIES! So by the time the courtroom scene comes at the end - it seemed pathetic.