Thread: How the heck did ZWJ "store" Fan Yao's attacks?

Default How the heck did ZWJ "store" Fan Yao's attacks?

In HSDS Zhang Wuji stored several of FY's attacks and unleashed it back to him in a single strike, which was said to exceed the possible range of human attacks. But how the hell did he physically "store" the attacks. Did he actually absorb FY's internal energy temporarily? And how?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

No takers?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

QKDNY can switch and move the yin and yang energy inside the body to create 'funnels' that can redirect energy that is directed at the body. when SQS tried to seal ZWJ's accupoints, the same thing happened. ZWJ made a energy path the sent SQS's qi right back at him. in fan yao's case, he probably did the same, but kept the qi inside his oceans of storage and then released it as one force. probably similar to how duan yu absorb qi but unlike BMSG, he's not able to merge the qi so he has to expell it.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

If he could redirect energy at will. He could create an energy loop inside his body that kept it circling around until when he wanted to let it go and thus break the loop and let it out. Like a hula hoop, or someone swinging a sling.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    If he could redirect energy at will. He could create an energy loop inside his body that kept it circling around until when he wanted to let it go and thus break the loop and let it out. Like a hula hoop, or someone swinging a sling.
    How does he absorb it into his body in the first place?

What kind of attacks where they?

Palm strikes.

I suppose as the palm hits him, the internal energy enters his body. But instead of damaging his organs and sending him back, he is able to redirect it and make it do a U-turn. That's just redirection.
    But if his manipulation skills are good enough, he might be able to keep the energy circling within his body for a longer period of time thus effectively storing it. Then he opens the loop and releases it back to his opponent while he adds his own attack with it.
    I can draw diagrams if my explanation is still confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    I suppose as the palm hits him, the internal energy enters his body.
    This is the part I have trouble with. How can he make it enter his body (instead of bounce off, which I guess is what happens to a normal person)? Does it enter through the tiny holes of his skin? Or through some meridians a la Beiming Shengong and Xixing Dafa?

My understanding is palm power is suppose to enter and go through your body, and rupturing your organs when it meets resistance and sending your body flying.
    This is how force generally goes through objects. If it bounces off you, then it didn't really do damage, it just made a slap. But in a car collision for example, the force ripples through the car and destroys anything that doesn't give way. Another example would be European knights of the medieval ages, in full platemail. When they get hit by a broad sword or a mace, even though they're wearing armour, they're still screwed because the blunt trauma of the force goes through their bodies and causes internal injuries.

Chinese martial artists of old boast being able to strike a stone well filled with water and cause the water inside to ripple. Strike a watermelon and look like nothing happened to it, but the inside turn to mush.

So to my point, I suppose Wuji has the strike enter his body, then redirect it to flow naturally with his qi and avoid damaging him.