Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The History of the Tang Dynasty Two Dragons (大唐双龙传) - Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    It is often used in business or places such as the UN and pro/freelance translators.... It is often a "trade-secret / secret of the trade" that no one talks about . These translator will catalog / safeguard their so called "memory files" for future use. For example if you translate Jing Yong or Haung Yi, the same "memory files" can be used w/ very little changes & learning by the software for their other novels because they tend to use similar styles/phrases for all their books.

Trados and Wordfast are the "industry standard".... Be sure to contact them and ask for a demo version of the software... Play around with them for a few weeks or longer before buying it!! Please go to their homepages and read up on them. If you do start using it, make sure you backup, safeguard & make many copies of your "constantly" updated "Translation Memory (TM) files"..... They are the "brains" that makes your particular translation do its "magic". They even sell generic "Translation Memory (TM) files" which I fail to find its usefulness as it only slightly reduces the amount of learning on certain "business" translation.

What distinguishes their product cost is the size of the Translation Memory Files that are allowed to grow and various convenience features.

http://www.translationzone.com/en/tr...essional/#tab3

Trados is of course the market leader, and is more highly recommended..... They also give educational discounts for their products.

http://www.trados.com/en/
    http://www.wordfast.com/
    http://www.wordfast.net/
    GREAT! Much thanks!
    Too bad I wasn't aware of them before... Judging from the looks of these software, they could have save me a lot of time and trouble!

Thanks! enjoyed the story so far.

It is often used in business or places such as the UN and pro/freelance translators.... It is often a "trade-secret / secret of the trade" that no one talks about . These translator will catalog / safeguard their so called "memory files" for future use. For example if you translate Jing Yong or Haung Yi, the same "memory files" can be used w/ very little changes & learning by the software for their other novels because they tend to use similar styles/phrases for all their books.

Trados and Wordfast are the "industry standard".... Be sure to contact them and ask for a demo version of the software... Play around with them for a few weeks or longer before buying it!! Please go to their homepages and read up on them. If you do start using it, make sure you backup, safeguard & make many copies of your "constantly" updated "Translation Memory (TM) files"..... They are the "brains" that makes your particular translation do its "magic". They even sell generic "Translation Memory (TM) files" which I fail to find its usefulness as it only slightly reduces the amount of learning on certain "business" translation.

What distinguishes their product cost is the size of the Translation Memory Files that are allowed to grow and various convenience features.

http://www.translationzone.com/en/tr...essional/#tab3

Trados is of course the market leader, and is more highly recommended..... They also give educational discounts for their products.

http://www.trados.com/en/
    http://www.wordfast.com/
    http://www.wordfast.net/
    Looks like they also have a free online version. I wonder if you can easily share your translation memory files in their online version. A wuxia themed translation file could help speed things up across multiple translations.

http://www.wordfast.com/products_wordfast_anywhere.html
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Looks like they also have a free online version. I wonder if you can easily share your translation memory files in their online version. A wuxia themed translation file could help speed things up across multiple translations.

http://www.wordfast.com/products_wordfast_anywhere.html
    Actually, since you mentioned it, I remember Google Translate with their so called Google Translator Toolkit attempted to make translators "share" their TM Files but since many people in the field does it for a living/livelihood, no one bit. The TM files are the brains for a particular long piece/author... Who's willing to give away their livelihood or give away their sweat & "brains". Some TM files are massive and took many months or even years to build and are smart enough to practically translate an entire piece accurately w/ very few user intervention. It is almost "magical"... And most magicians don't share their secrets. Hence, few people are willing to share TM files. There are tools to convert TM files between products of different makers, though.

The computer assisted translation tools I mentioned are ONLY useful for LONG translations.... and is tailored for a very niche group of people. It has a steep learning curve and takes time to master and build those "precious" TM files.
    Last edited by szfong; 03-19-13 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks Xlandhenry

A quick update to finish chapter 2
    ========================================
    Kou Zhong wrote on Xu Zilings back again. Rescue the hostage when possible!

Yan Lihui sniggered :When we get the precious item, well definitely release the hostage. Our Khan have never fail to keep his promises. If mister refuse to give us the precious item, then the Big Brother may only get the remains of his beloved daughter, and you Mister Zu, will be fully responsible for that.

Zu Junyan let out a resonating laugh and said :The Jade of He is exactly in this parcel Im carrying. After you release the hostage, we shall give you the item, and thats the deal. It is you who should be responsible for any last minute change like this.It was like lightning striking through their minds as Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling came to realization that the precious item they talked about was actually the famed Jade of He.

Right at this moment, something abruptly took place just beneath them.
    The back door was shattered into pieces as if it was made of sand, and the two Turkish guards could not even exert a defensive move, before being thrown back and killed. Just as the other two guards regained their senses from the shock, a shadowy figure had arrived above them and forcefully cracked open their heads. The most staggering part was, every action of this uninvited guest - the shattering of the door, the dead bodies being thrown back, as well as cracking his opponents heads with bare hands - had been done in such subtlety that everything seemed to happen on its own, unrelated to him. Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling knew that this mans techniques had almost reached perfection, his movements so fast and fluid that it reminded them of a ghost. All four Turkish guards had been killed before the shattered pieces of the door even reached the ground.

Terrified, their minds were wiped completely blank. They dare not watch anymore, even the rate of their inner breath grew slower.

It was fortunate that their internal energy was studied from Secrets of Immortality. When channeling such internal energy, every vital signs that might alert martial experts, like breathing and heart beats, can be slowed down to the point that the subject appears to be lifeless. Otherwise, they would be discovered a long time ago.

The man who just swooped in definitely possessed similar, if not higher level of martial arts than Du Fuwei.

The trunk was unlid.
    The next second they heard the man exclaiming in surprise, and then an earsplitting noise of two forces colliding, followed by a series of thunder-like sounds.

Boom!
    Fragments of stone bricks splashed everywhere in a deafening blast, as the wall on the left was destroyed by the man, who shot out of the house and quickly flew away with a shrieking noise.

Even they have Qi shielding, the two still felt miserably painful when their bodies were hit by the tiny fragments that shot in every direction. Just one knows how formidable the man was.

They couldnt help but peep out again to watch.
    The trunk, together with every furniture in the house, had become hundreds of pieces of shattered wood.

A tall man was standing firmly in the middle of the room. Wearing a loose black robe, he was meditating in front of the large hole on the wall.
    From their viewing angle, the two could only see his face covered by a horrific face mask.

With a gust of wind, several men swooped in from outside, through the back door and the large hole, scaring the two to hide behind the beam again.

Hes injured. As Zu Junyans voice rose up, their minds were suddenly filled with indescribably strange feelings.
    By common sense, the one who just came in to rescue the daughter of the Big Brother should be Zu Junyans friend, while the mysterious man who was hiding inside the trunk should be his enemy. How come Zu Junyans sounded like that he was on the mysterious mans side?

More unexpectedly, they heard the Turkish expert Yan Lihuis voice speaking:This being the very first time Zhai Rang was injured in a fight since he raised an army, yet it was enough to undo all he had been working hard to build.
    Tie Xiong let out a cold snort and said :This is the end of a man who couldnt understand the times.
    The two now realized that Zu Junyan had betrayed Zhai Rang and Li Mi, and allied himself with the Turks in playing this act. No wonder the Turks had managed to track down Susus mistress and kidnap her.

A deep but tender voice spoke:Our goal has been achieved, even though we couldnt kill him. This place is not safe now, everyone should stick to our plan. Zu Junyan and Yan Lihui, as well as their men, all echoed in confirmation.
    Before long, both parties had completely gone. But the two was so badly scared that they did not come down and left silently until the next daybreak.
    =======================End of Chapter======================
    Last edited by xlandhenry; 03-20-13 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks Xlandhenry

Thanks XLandHenry. Got the update to finish "Chapter 02 - Treachery and Deception".Just checking in to get the monthly fix for my "Twin Dragons" addiction. LOL...

Default Book 3 Chapter 3 The lady and the game

The two ran straight for at least 10 li before stopping by a small hidden grove, where they picked some wild fruits to filled their stomachs.
    Exhaling, Kou Zhong said:"The man who attacked Zhai Rang shouldn't be a Turk, since he didn't have Turkish accent like Yan Lihui. Who on earth could he be?"

Scared even till then, Xu Ziling sat down beside him and said:"This Zu Junyan is so mean! Allying with outsiders to plot against his own master! We should bring this to light."

"Who would believe us?"Kou Zhong smiled bitterly and said,"Now our top priority is to find sister Susu and bring her away. She is totally innocent and must not be involved in this matter. Hey, I can make a match between you and Susu, what do you think?"

Annoyed, Xu Ziling replied:"You still have the mood to joke? Find the route to Pengcheng first, then maybe we can do some 'cheap businesses' and buy two horses for the trip to Xingyang."

Kou Zhong patted on his chest, promising:"You can count on me. I just saw a temple in the distance when we were up on the hill. We can ask a monk for directions there. Let's go!"

Then the two started off again.
    When they went nearer and saw the temple just ahead, they felt much disappointed.

It was a desolate place. Weeds had grown over the road that led to the temple, indicating that none had set foot on it for quite a long time. Apparently the temple was but an abandoned one.

In this time of wars, even a whole town could become a realm of ghosts, let alone a small temple.

Reaching outside the temple, they found its walls dilapidated, just as expected.

Smiling bitterly, Kou Zhong said:"As long as we have a ceiling to cover us! Let's stay here for the night!"

Xu Ziling sighed :"I really missed the roasted chicken we had last night. Almighty as you, why don't you magic another one for me!"

Kou Zhong dragged him along into the temple. Stepping over the doorsill however, they were both startled as they saw two coffins placed in the middle of the hall. With all the spider webs and dusts covering every surface, the place looked extremely creepy.

Their skin grew numb, and momentarily they were struck idle.
    Only after a while did Kou Zhong ask :"Dare you sleep inside?"

Shaking his head determinedly, Xu Ziling said :"What good is it to sleep there? I'd rather sleep outside!"
    "Let's go!"Agreed Kou Zhong.

Peng! As they were about to leave, the lid of one of the coffins suddenly bang up and flew towards them.

"Ghosts!"The two screamed in terror and ran out of the temple like mad.

Just at that moment when they heard someone yelled angrily behind them,"Don't run, bastards!"

The two regained their composure and turned around. A man was hurriedly catching up, who turned out to be the Sui general with two stingers they encountered on the battlefield last night. He was wearing no armor but only a warrior suit now.

As long as it's a man instead of a ghost, it's much easier to deal with.

Kou Zhong drew out the sabre carried on his back and laughed."Old friend!"He joked.

The Sui general swoop over at a lightning speed, swinging his stingers straight at Kou Zhong's head.
    It was a fierce attack, Kou Zhong thought, and dare not counter it directly. Instead, he utilized the Birdy Style, shifting sideways.
    Xu Ziling didn't back down. He moved forward and forcefully blocked the attack with his sabre.

Dang!
    Xu Ziling was repulsed and stumbled back two steps.
    Then it was Kou Zhong who attacked from the side, waving his sabre to strike the opponent.
    Without any hurry, the man swung his stingers left then right, effortlessly blocking both of their attacks. His movements were straightforward yet unpredictable.

For the time being, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling couldn't gained an inch forward.
    But his prowess also encouraged the two and boosted their morale. They fought harder and harder, getting more accommodated to his moves and began to force the man to stumble back continuously.

The man faked an attacking move and then flew backwards.
    The two paused their attacks. "Why stop?"They chorused in surprise.
    The man answered in annoyance:"No point to continue the fight if I can't beat you!"
    Startled by his frankness, the two instantly grew some fondness toward this man,

"Where is your army?"Asked Xu Ziling.
    Sheathing his stingers behind, the man shot out cold glares from his eyes and said :"If you two bastards had not disturbed my formation. How would I have lost this battle to that ***** Shen Luoyan. I may not have my revenge today, but I will never forget what you've done to me."

Kou Zhong jeered :"Is it really something worthy for revenge? What about your army's inhuman deeds? Burning down a whole village, raping women, and slaughtering every being. Who's going to revenge for these people? Now I wish that ***** had killed you instead."
    "Is that true?"Qin Shubao asked in surprise.

Xu Ziling then explained to him what they saw in the village the other night, which made him shake head in dismay."You could count all these towards me, after all I will be executed once I go back. Nothing matters any more."Sighed Qin Shubao.

Kou Zhong asked :"Why do you still return knowing you'll be executed?"

Annoyed, Qin Shubao said :"What does an uneducated pal like you know? Get lost quickly, if you ignite me, I will definitely drag one of you down to bury with me in my grave."

Suddenly Kou Zhong had an idea. Smiling, he suggested :"Dead man needs no money. Why not give us all your money before sending yourself to execution, doing us a favor? That's some good that worth doing."

Sizing them up carefully for sometime, Qin Shubao laughed :"Can't imagine that you two are penniless, despite having rather good skils.
    Well, All I've got on me is just enough for one meal for all of us. Let me pay you a big meal before I die! After that we go on separate ways!"

"You are not trying to fool us, are you?"Questioned Xu Ziling in suspicion.
    Spitting, Qin Shubao snarled at them :"Are you even worthy to be fooled by me? When I triumphed in the battlefield, you two were still peeing in your mom's arms. Forget about my invitation then, neither will I give you a penny."

"You really have the heart! Take us to the best restaurant in Pengcheng then, you will be responsible to cover our bills!"Kou Zhong jested.
    Qin Shubao let out a laugh and led the way out.

Chatting merrily, they walked for some distance when a river showed up in front, its waters reflecting the stars in the sky.
    Pointing towards a large mountain in the distance, Qin Shubao introduced :"That's the Mount Luliang. About 30 li northwest of it is Pengcheng, and the river in front of us is River Si. We'll rest by the river tonight and find a boat tomorrow to save some footwork."

"If you hire a boat, do you still have the money for food and drinks?"Asked Xu Ziling in curiosity.
    Slapping on the stingers carried behind, Qin Shubao asked back :"Taking a boat costs money? Who dare not do me a favor?"
    "Military men always bully others."Kou Zhong exclaimed.
    "Please don't mock me again."Qin Shubao sighed, thinking about his ill fate that was to come.

Untying his stingers, Qin Shubao lay down on the lawn beside the river.
    The two followed suit and lied down. Looking at the stars that were about to disappear, they realized it was almost dawn.

"I don't know your names yet."Said Qin Shubao.
    Kou Zhong told him, and explained :"We are treating you as a real friend by telling you our names. Don't ever tell others, or else we won't live much longer than you do."
    Qin Shubao snapped:"Are you guys wanted criminals? Who cares to arrest you, in these troubled times."
    "It's a long story, but true one."Said Xu Ziling.

Pleased, Qin Shubao replied :"Since you treat me as a friend, of course I will not sell you out, I won't ask your story again. But frankly speaking, your sabreplay can be considered excellent now. You may not find worthy opponent easily. What's more important is, you are still very young, you would certainly become great experts in the future. And your most fearsome trait is, you continued to invent new moves, when I fought you the second time it's been a tad harder to deal with. It's almost a miracle."

As they were still high up on his praises, Qin Shubao sat up and let out a sigh while gazing at Mount Luliang.

Bewildered by his strange behavior, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling also sat up.

The former asked :"It that mountain good looking at all?"
    Qin Shubao sadly replied :"No, but a girl on that mountain. She rarely came into my mind these recent years, but I can't help thinking of her since there are few days left of me."
    Feeling sorry for him, Xu Ziling suggested :"Why not go and see her before making up your mind.Maybe you will change your mind and will not be that stupid to seek death after seeing her."

Kou Zhong also comforted :"Just thinking that you've already perished in the battle and live your life under a different name."
    Qin Shubao forced up a smile. "How can you understand me? I would rather die than to live anonymously. Now the government is calling for talents, they may allow me to redeem my faults. If it's a certain death, I'm not that stupid to go back."He said.
    Somewhat relieved, Xu Ziling said :"Well in that case you have more reasons to go to visit your lover."
    Qin Shubao laughed and said :"Lover? It is only my wishful thinking. She's the daughter of Luliang Sect's master, while I am merely a pathetic poor soldier. Gee! She will become 20 this year, she might have married somebody already."He sobbed silently.

Now that the two had paid more attention to his appearance, they found he was indeed not so handsome. Despite having a solid build, his face was iron-like, torn by age; his cheek bone rose too high, squeezing his energetic eyes to look much smaller than they actually were. He was definitely not the type of man that women easily throw themselves at.

Looking at the dawning sky, Qin Shubao stood up.
    "Why did I confess so much to you guys! Look! A boat is coming!"
    He ran towards the river bank, with the two following.

A small yacht was sailing up the river. With their enhanced vision, they saw a figure steering the boat at the stern, who was wearing a long robe and a bamboo hat that covered almost his entire face. A fishing net was laid on the deck, and there were some baskets lying at the stem.

Waving towards him, Qin Shubao yelled :"Hey, bro!Can you give us a ride?"

The man didn't seem to hear him calling. Instead, he steered the boat toward the bank on the other side of the river to avoid them.

Qin Shubao signaled them with a hand gesture and flew up first, gliding across a distance of almost 4 zhang wide at the yacht.

The two had only managed to jumped 3 zhang far. However they had no choice but to follow Qin Shubao and jumped as hard as they could.

The three landed successively on the fishing net, as Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling both cheered out loud for their new improvement.

"Aye!"Exclaimed the fisherman in a delicate feminine voice, "You have broken my fishing nets!"
    The trio stared at each other, bewildered. None of them had ever anticipated him to be a sweet young lady.

=======================To be continued=====================
    Updated the first half of chapter 3

Thanks for continuing this translation. I was going through some severe withdrawal symptoms from all the stalled translations.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Thanks Xlandhenry

Thanks XLandHenry. You have some dedicated readers here, who look forward to your monthly fix for our addictions.

Default Update to finish Chapter 3

Suddenly, the lady twitched her right hand, and the fishing net where they were standing instantly bounced up, catching them in it like three fish and hanging them up-side-down in the air.

Only then did they find that the four corners of the fishing net were tied with transparent strings as thin as silk threads,towards an iron fastener on the mast.
    Under the sunlight, those strings were nearly invisible, which explains why they didn't noticed earlier.

It was strange, however, that those thin silk threads could sustained the weight of the trio, which was well over 200 kilos in total.

The net wavered as they kept struggling, and each time it did, it contracted a little. In the end, the trio were squeezed against each other, almost unable to move even their fingers.

The lady let out a laugh and unlid her cap.
    Her long hair immediately dangled down like flows in a waterfall.

It was Qin Shubao who burst out first :"Shen Luoyan! It's you!"
    Finishing this line, he awkwardly turned his face away to the other side.

The beauty removed her robes and revealed a tight outfit in yellow, with a blue girdle winding around her waist. Smiling happily, she interestedly watched at the three losers inside the fishing net.

"I'm suffocating, dying!"Yelled Kou Zhong."Put us down! Ouch! Don't struggle anymore!"

As her name suggested, this Shen Luoyan was really drop dead gorgeous.[1]

Eyes clear like two winter ponds, coupled with eyebrows long and nicely curved, skin snow white and jade like, as well as a graceful posture, she was arguably a rare beauty, not a bit inferior compared to Yun Yuzhen.

The most rarest of all was a impressing noble aura she possessed, which might make any man who wanted to deprive this beauty feel somewhat guilty.

She teased along her hairs, entirely uncovering her mesmerizing face, and spoke in a flat tone :"Rest assured. When I finish a few words, I'll definitely release you."
    "Qin Shubao!"She chuckled, and in a tender voice she called, "Now, are you fully submitted? This is the God-trapping Net made by Lu Miaozi, the most innovative artisan in this land. Even the gods would be fooled by it."

In the gentle breeze, her hair waved and the garment was clinging tightly around her body, revealing her slender figure and alluring charm, making one to think she was actually an angel in disguise.

The two boys were both staring idly, while Qin Shubao angrily howled :
    "If not for the mess these two bastards made, you would be the captive now, *****! You're just lucky!"

"You heard that?"Snarled Xu Ziling, "We're your benefactors, how can you treat your benefactors who saved your life like this?"

Shen Luoyan chortled. "Of course I mustn't!"

With a wave of her left hand, the fishing net instantly dropped soundly on the deck, falling open.

Feeling severely humiliated, the trio drew out their weapons and dashed forward to attack.
    Shen Luoyan pulled her sword out from the stern, weaved it out to take the shapes of three flowers.

Within just a flip of her sleeves, she had countered each of their attack separately.

"Ding Ding! Dang Dang!"
    When their weapons met the sword, every one of them had a feeling that her sword hid innumerable consecutive moves. It had not only successfully shut every opening, but also made her opponents believe it would take advantage of their flaws if they were to press on.

Shocked, the trio retreated back toward the stem, away from the fishing net.
    Exchanging glances, they were all struck in awe by her wonderful swordplay.

Shen Luoyan leisurely sat down on a small stool, resting the sword horizontally on her laps.

Smiling, she said :"Gentlemen, do you have the guts to listen to just a few words of mine?"
    Snorting coldly, Qin Shubao said :"I'm the general of a defeated army, you have the right to take my head as you wish. But if you want me to betray the government and join your rebel army, then I must advise you to put off this thought now."

Hair flying behind her in the wind, Shen Luoyan's beautiful eyes swept across the trio, eventually settling upon Qin Shubao's face.
    She chuckled and said :"A famed general as you are, you don't have the guts to listen to a weak lady? Well, you can leave now. But you two brothers, please remain here and let me express my gratitude, in return for the favor you've done me."

Kou Zhong gladly replied :"We don't have to remain here to receive your gratitude. Now we're in a dire need of money, if only you give us as much as you carry with you!"
    Covering her mouth from bursting into laughter, she chuckled :"Who would have anticipated you to be two greedy boys?
    You want money?
    Then come home with me."

Although her every movement was flattering with coquetry, Qin Shubao was not a bit attracted, but for the two boys, it was so difficult for them to move their eyes off her.

Shen Luoyan turned her gaze to Qin Shubao again. "Great general why are you still unwilling to leave?"She asked, pretending to be curious.
    Annoyed, Qin Shubao said :"They have absolutely no relationship with me. Worse, they are my enemies, to be blamed for making me lose this battle. If you believe you could keep them hostages so as to threaten me, then you're totally wrong."

"I doubt she has the ability to detain us, even if she wants to. How could she possibly use us to threaten you bro?"Asked Xu Ziling.

Shaking his head, Qin Shubao said :"Don't underestimate this woman. Besides her well known alias 'Smart Counselor', she is also referred to as 'The Serpent Beauty'. Of all the land claimed by Wagang army, at least one fourth should be attributed to her. Chief commander of mine, Zhang Xutuo, who was designated "Supreme General of 12 counties in Henan Region", was also fooled by her vile trick and perished in an ambush."

"Don't you try to frame me by making up these rumors okay? I only harbor interests and fondness toward these two little brothers.
    More, I feel your words are also over exaggerated, Luoyan is only a pawn under Pushan Gong's command. Speaking of strategizing and commanding, no one in this land can rival Master Li Mi."

Pausing for a second, she continued :"Just at the eve of the battle at Dahai monastery, Master had said, 'Xutuo has plenty of bravery but little wisdom, his army just celebrated a victory and was conceited. We can defeat them all in one battle. However, the three generals under his command, Qin Shubao, Luo Shixin and Cheng Yaojin, are rare talents. They must be killed if they're unwilling to summit and join us!'

"I'm here to persuade you only because Master had told me this. A talented general shall choose a wise master. Now that the doom of Sui empire is sealed, people are longing for a wise governor. General Qin, if you still want to do the devil emperor's work, then please go.Two little brothers must come home with me."

Then she turned to face the two and teased with a smile:"I can only pay you the money when I get home!"

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling exchanged a look with each other and both felt their sculp numbing.
    It seemed Qin Shubao's warning had some truth in it. This woman was probably much slyer than their beautiful mentor.

Qin Shubao looked carefully around and was unable to see through what she had up her sleeves. He muttered:"No one can ever threaten me."

Shen Luoyan laughed. "General, don't tell me you will commit suicide in this River Si! How about we settle this in the form of a game?

"I shall allow you and the two bros to leave for the moment. In 12 hours you can all run and hide wherever you like, then in the next two days, I will capture you three times, and I promise I will not harm even a single slice of your skin.
    If you lose however, you have to join our army and swear your loyalty to us." She said.

Xu Ziling immediately protested :"We're your benefactors, why include us in this game?"
    Frowning, Shen Luoyan said :"I'm just caring for your interests! When master claim the throne in the future, you won't have to ask others for money like two little beggars anymore."

Qin Shubao laughed."Okay! Then that's the deal. You can count this as the first capture. If you have the ability to capture me alive for two more times, then I'm convinced!"

Shen Luoyan smiled and said :"Qin Shubao is definitely a hero."
    Turning to the two, she said :"If only you two can be half as heroic."

"You have no right to judge these two bros of mine!"Qin Shubao groaned, "Let's go!"

The trio leapt off the boat and swoop towards the bank, disappearing in just winks.
    Looking at the direction they went, Shen Luoyan's lips curled up into a profound smile.
    ===========================End of Chapter==============================

[1]Her name "Luoyan(落雁)" is a part of a set phrase in Chinese "沉鱼落雁, which translates into "(The extreme beauty) causes fishes to sink and cranes to fall"
    Last edited by xlandhenry; 04-28-13 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks XLandHenry. Another month till chapter 4, my next fix.

Thanx xlandhenry for the new chapter!!

@Ahoxan : I sure hope xlandhenry will be around to finish the entire story... umm... it's about 800 chapters total... minus 26 chapters... one chapter per month is about 774/12 = 64.5 years from now... Will most of us still be alive by then?..

Thanx xlandhenry for the new chapter!!

@Ahoxan : I sure hope xlandhenry will be around to finish the entire story... umm... it's about 800 chapters total... minus 26 chapters... one chapter per month is about 774/12 = 64.5 years from now... Will most of us still be alive by then?..
    Hey you'll scare the hell out of our readers!

Quote Originally Posted by xlandhenry View Post
    Hey you'll scare the hell out of our readers!
    My calculations are a bit off ... You need a month or so vacation during the holiday season... 774/11= 70 years

Just kidding of course... I think in a few decades there'll be AI-based translation of books.

But keep up the good quality translation!! I still enjoy reading it immensely.

Thanks Xlandhenry

I am 23 years old right now. +70 = 93. I am pretty sure i can live til 93 and enjoy it entirely.

Now.. xlandhenry - you need to keep yourself healthy! until you finish translating lol.

We've got to get XLandHenry to practice the "Eternal Youth" martial art that the Child Elder from "Demi-Gods, Semi-Devils" practiced.
    That way... XLandHenry will have both energy & longevity to continue the translations for us. LOL...