Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The History of the Tang Dynasty Two Dragons (大唐双龙传) - Huang Yi

actually i just wanna read it, maybe translating can come along
    i'll use GT anyway
    Last edited by BocahTuaNakal; 06-12-14 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BocahTuaNakal View Post
    actually i just wanna read it, maybe translating can come along
    i'll use GT anyway
    Ah, I thought you understand chinese

I really hope someone would be willing to translate this one. The novel is very long so maybe many translator discourage by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiktikka View Post
    Ah, I thought you understand chinese

I really hope someone would be willing to translate this one. The novel is very long so maybe many translator discourage by it.
    nope, i understand 1 to 10 just fine, but not the other characters

i too waiting for continuation of the translation, but ... me just got impatient i guess

Can we have atleast the english translation of comic version of this story, the legend of twin dragon. Everywhere I searched only one chapter of the english translation was found.

Such a long time since the last translated chapter...

What happened? Was the project dropped by the translator?

Remember ppl were shocked someone wanted to translate this since it was soooo long. We went through a couple translators, it's a team project.

However, this novel is outrageously long, even if someone was to translate one chapter per day, it would still take over 2 years plus a few months to complete...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    However, this novel is outrageously long, even if someone was to translate one chapter per day, it would still take over 2 years plus a few months to complete...
    i believe it can be done if we join efforts .. if there are several translator, they can work on a different chapter so it would be faster. i'm nowhere good in translating, but i can help with the editing in english.
    well, that's just a word of thought.
    i've been reading the GT version and, dang, it given me severe headache ..

Quote Originally Posted by smkk14 View Post
    Can we have atleast the english translation of comic version of this story, the legend of twin dragon. Everywhere I searched only one chapter of the english translation was found.
    I got hold of the a set of these comics last year (missing a large chunk- maybe about 20 episodes in the middle). There are altogether 252 books! And they are in Malay...storyline is quite accurate but comics focus too much on fights (exaggeration not found in the novel ;D)

If it is only providing synopsis of each comics, I may [very busy with work] help a bit (minus the missing chunks, and deleting the fight sequences). You will get the storyline but will miss out on the 'drama' and 'feels' of each character...

Kinda like spoilers but with more details

What do you guys think? A detailed spoiler kinda continuation, with the middle missing... LOL

thanks for informing me beforehand about the danger in divulging inside the comic version.

As previous poster suggested, a group of translators had to come forward and take this huge assignment done chapter by chapter. All the idle translator, looking for a story to translate can stretch their hand for this story.

Some one from moderator please give a call to all the available translator, to come forward and form a committee to plan how to continue this story's translation.

This could be a huuuuuuuge achievement for this site if this story can be completed.

I thought it would be a simple matter, getting a chapter translated (I know not a single character of Chinese ), using comics and raw (google translate). I got this far after an hour or so:

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were tightly encircled as Princess Dongming had ordered her commander Shang Ming, and general Shang Bang and general Shang Kuitai to surround the two brothers.

Kou Zhong said with a forced smile: Gentlemen, are you here for Shi Qingxuan's performance too?

Shang Ming coldly stared at Xu Ziling and retorted: "Scums! Justice indeed has long arms....

Can't go on for these reasons:
    • The names: for consistency, I needed to scour the whole thread for accurate names.
    • The comics: it skips long-winded sections with lots of conservation. The above mini translation doesn't exist in the comics
    • The comics: it favours fights. Between the "Well of Enlightenment" and the next chapter, it inserts a fight that was not in the novel.
    • google translate: it sometimes give me names like "Yuwen XXX" but which Yuwen is involved in the segment? As we go deeper into the novel, the clans will come out in droves, with all their relatives tailgating behind. All with same surname

The best thing would be for a translator to start this and notify us when they cannot do it anymore. That is kind of how A Step into the Past got done.

everyone seems to forget about this amazing story.
    please can anyone take this story for translation, I had planed to finish this story before I die.

please at least translate even 2-3 chapters, I would be grateful.

Is anybody working on this? I noticed that the last update was exactly 10 months ago. If not, I might give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Is anybody working on this? I noticed that the last update was exactly 10 months ago. If not, I might give it a shot.
    Pretty please...

foxs, yes please update this story.

Please update this. Thanks

OK, as long as nobody is working on it, I'll seriously take a look at it. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks FOX.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Hurrah, good news indeed if foxs is taking on this translating challenge!