Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: The History of the Tang Dynasty Two Dragons (大唐双龙传) - Huang Yi

Wow that's very brave of you fox.. i once try to translate this but loss the motivation when translating chapter 4 because i accidentally delete the translation.. but my translation of chapter 2 and 3 is very rough and i had dark horse heavily edited it... this sory hsd more than 60 books which about 600 chapters and double the amount of a strp into the past.. but good luck i hope this great story can be finished by you

Hi foxs,

This story is much longer than A Step Into the Past, and this story was being translated about a chapter a month until xlandhenry stopped logging on to spcnet all together. Even at a chapter a week, it'll still take a couple of years..

I hate the online chinese version where you get attacked with all sorts of ads and crap, and the slow, unreliable connection. If you need an unadulterated, local version, please let me know, I can maybe find a version on my NAS...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Hi foxs,

This story is much longer than A Step Into the Past, and this story was being translated about a chapter a month until xlandhenry stopped logging on to spcnet all together. Even at a chapter a week, it'll still take a couple of years..

I hate the online chinese version where you get attacked with all sorts of ads and crap, and the slow, unreliable connection. If you need an unadulterated, local version, please let me know, I can maybe find a version on my NAS...
    If we go by a chapter a week it will takes at least 10 years to finish this.. imagine if a cahpter a month.. at that time most of us will became a senior citixen already wkwk

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    OK, as long as nobody is working on it, I'll seriously take a look at it. I'll let you know tomorrow.
    Wow fox, you really are a hero O_O
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsense View Post
    If we go by a chapter a week it will takes at least 10 years to finish this.. imagine if a cahpter a month.. at that time most of us will became a senior citixen already wkwk
    Darn it, I mentioned "a couple of years" in order not to scare foxs away...

About a year or ago at:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1061247

I mentioned how long it'll take to complete the translation and xlandhenry took it in strides and translated for about one more year (a chap. a month) before getting sick and then came back online and translated one last chapter around Christmas before stopping all together.

Yay, glad to get to read more of this fantastic novel ^^
    I am a fan of long novels, there can be so much character grow and in case of wuxia lot of legendary martial arts to learn, too.

Whoa ... I did not realize there are more than 3 people responding (ycb, Lu Dongbin and Anh Nam) ...

I guess you are right, this story is too long, not worth translating ....

Just kidding. I am not brave, I am not a hero, (perhaps a bit crazy, that's all ) but I do enjoy wuxia, and want to find a project I can do. We'll see how it goes.

Szfong, if you could share your file, that would be really great. I found this one: http://www.xiexingcun.com/huangyi/19/index.htm, but as you said, I got 'attacked with all sorts of ads and crap'. Check your pm for my email address.

Grundle, your Chapter 1 is the only one I skimmed through, I have not read the rest. I am going to read the Chinese text first to get a 'feel' of Huang Yi. You see, this will be my first Huang Yi, and already I found out that his style is different from Jin Yong, Gu Long and Liang Yusheng.

OK, since nobody is working on it, I'll do it. Please let me know ASAP if that is not the case, so I can find another novel to translate.

Hi foxs,

I just sent a local copy for you to enjoy, I noticed it is 799 chapters long... That means it is about 2.7 times as long as A Step into the Past....

Szfong, I have not received it. Please check your pm.

True, it has lots of chapters, but the chapters are a lot shorter than Jin Yong's.

True, it has lots of chapters, but the chapters are a lot shorter than Jin Yong's.
    Hi foxs,

I've tried sending it again... also check your pm as i've also provided a link to s shared cloud drive... just click free download and wait 10-20 seconds and click download & it should start...

Foxs, try this one if you have not got szfong's link as yet:

http://www.my285.com/wuxIa/huangyi/dtslz/index.htm

I wonder if foxs finished reading the story yet to get a feel for this novel. And then I realize that I'm dumb because I found his other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    The Art of Longevity
    The other day, I was curious and looked up its Chinese words,《長生訣》。And today, in real life, TIME said "Sumo Wrestling And Hot Springs" is his Key :
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫