Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The History of the Tang Dynasty Two Dragons (大唐双龙传) - Huang Yi

Thank you for the translation. Story is so much better than the TVB series.

Anyways, I am confused. So did they only pass the 1st level or did they complete all 9 levels?

Quote Originally Posted by zhouyu View Post
    Thank you for the translation. Story is so much better than the TVB series.

Anyways, I am confused. So did they only pass the 1st level or did they complete all 9 levels?
    Neither. They think that they have completed the 1st level, but they really practiced the Qi Gong from the Book of Immortality.

When they were learning from their master she said there are 9 levels to her martial art, but all they really learned from her was breathing.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Xlandhenry and Grundle. Thank you very much. This one is getting more and more interesting. Really looking forward to more updates. Looks like top class kungfu is on the way.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Almost done with this chapter, and Book 1. Next update will be the exciting conclusion. I thought I would leave you something for the weekend though
    -------
    Susu suddenly pulled them to a stop saying, Finally, we are here!

The three of them were still not ready to unhook their arms and break up the group. Whispering from the surrounding people cascaded over them endlessly, but none of them had the least impure thoughts or desires. Because of the recent troubles they had just endured, an innocent feeling of kinship sprang up between them.

They waited for a while but Li Jing still did not appear, so they went into a nearby alley while they continued to laugh and talk.

Kou Zhong joked, Elder sister mustn't go back to live with Miss Zhai where a servant might be bullied to anger all the time, let a lone when your master matches you with someone, elder sister will be miserable. Many of those so called righteous soldiers are worse than a beast that treat their partner like a pet. I wonder if elder brother Li is anything like that?

Susu laughed, Elder sister doesnt have her own family, so if I dont go back to the Zhai family, where else would I go?

Excitedly Xu Zi Ling replied, In that case you could come with Elder Brother Li and us as we roam across the world! The world is huge so we could find a way to make money and support elder sister. How could you ever be bored with this kind of life.

Susu happily said, Oh yea! And I could wash your clothes and take care of the everyday things. Ai! I am afraid Elder Brother Li may not agree to such a carefree life. He is an ambitious person. All you have to do is see his expression of deep contemplation and you would immediately know.

Kou Zhong smiled, Then together with us two younger brothers well set out immediately and nobody will ever be able to separate us. Well be obedient to elder sister.

Susu was so happy she jumped, Our idea makes me very happy. Oh! I am afraid would still be inappropriate, because one day you both would get married and have children. Wouldnt that put me in an awkward situation?

Striking his chest Xu Zi Ling said, For elder sister, neither of us will ever marry.

Susu shook her head, How could you do that? It is every mans duty to carry on their ancestral line so inferior elder sister will just marry one of you two, okay?

Both of them were suddenly unable to respond as they sputtered, What?

As expected Susu naively replied, In many villages there are pairs of brothers and when one of them gets married they all sleep in the same place together.

With a gleam in his eye Kou Zhong said, Wouldnt that be fun to do!

Xu Zi Ling shook his head, That wouldnt work either. It isnt as if we could just draw lots to decide who would marry elder sister, because the loser would immediately think of a way to go out to find his own wife.

Susu replied, No, I know the same thing will happen to the one who marries me. In the future both of you will be great heroes and you will eventually try to find a wife that is even better than elder sister.

They all glanced at each other before bending over in laughter while embracing each other in genuine camaraderie.

Kou Zhong gasped, Elder sister really knows how to play with us, look how hard she is laughing after making fun of us. Actually she really wants to marry big brother Li!

Susus face immediately turned bright red as she angrily said, Stop speaking nonsense!

Tears flowed down Xu Zi Lings face as he tried to keep himself from laughing when he suddenly saw a group of more than 10 large men walking down the street staring at everyone they passed. Within the group were two men with bruised faces who were part of the gangsters they taught a lesson to earlier.

He quickly grabbed the other two and pulled them behind a tree next to the alley.

At that moment Kou Zhong and Susu both finally noticed and caught their breath in fear.

Susu said, Why hasnt big brother Li come back yet, if he were here right now we wouldnt need to be afraid. They all thought it was strange that Li Jing only went to buy some knives, but there was no reason it should take so long.

Xu Zi Ling was struck with horror saying, It looks like those gangsters gathered up some of their associates and this time it looks like they are carrying weapons. Im afraid that this time it wont end as well for us.

Kou Zhong said in a low voice, We dont have to worry about them just their knives, so we only need to make sure we stay as far away from their blades as possible. Even though our Martial Art is really high we are still only at the first level of the Stance of Nine Mysteries which may not be enough to stop a weapon, especially if it hits a really weak point like the neck.

Susu shrieked out, Dont say that! Ai, why hasnt big brother Li arrived at our meeting place yet?

At that exact moment a lone figure down the street staggered along unsteadily as the group passed him by. It was Li Jing.

Struck with terror they all rushed over to him.

As soon as Li Jing saw them his legs began to tremble before he collapsed to the ground.

Kou Zhong shot forward like an arrow to support him with both hands.

Susu was just about to embrace Li Jing, but when she touched his clothes she was horrified to discover that her hands were covered with blood.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks Grundle

Grundle

Thank you very much.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Here is the end of the chapter and book 1

---------------

Li Jing’s face was totally devoid of color as he strained to say, “Du Fu Wei dispatched five members of martial art master Zu Cheng’s “Law Enforcement Regiment” to slaughter us. You all must escape, don’t even worry about me just run away immediately or it will be too late.”

Flustered Susu said, “You have to stop the bleeding. Big brother Li at least let us stop the bleeding first!”

Kou Zhong knew they were in a desperate situation so he pointed to the back door of a nearby residence. Xu Zi Ling support Li Jing before he heavily struck the door and they all quickly hid themselves in the courtyard of the residence.

Susu quickly shut the door behind them.

The courtyard was overgrown with weeds. It looked like the people who once lived there already left.

At that moment Li Jing had fallen into unconsciousness, but the three of them managed to force the door of the residence, carry Li Jing inside the house and lay him on a small table. When they untied his clothes they discovered seven vicious wounds that appeared to cut down to the bone. They also discovered many lacerations, but fortunately the only life threatening wound was on his chest. The rest of them had hit his shoulders, arms, or legs. It was clear that he had been in a dangerous and intense battle.

Even in the face of danger Kou Zhong could still think clearly, “Little Ling you go look for some medicine to stop the bleeding, while I will try to bring a cart. Make sure you keep a low profile, and as soon as it is dark we will leave.”

Susu began to cry while she cleaned up the wound.

All three of them looked at each other, their eyes were full of determination to save Li Jing’s life.

The two boys set off to their separate tasks.

After a difficult search Xu Zi Ling finally found a drug store and bought some medicine. As he hurried out of the store he found himself face to face with the group of gangsters. Xi Zi Ling saw that every one of them had a sword hanging from their belt, so he quickly lowered his head and kept walking.

As he passed them by one of the men he beat up earlier recognized him and shouted loudly, “It’s him!”

A “Qiang” sound reverberated as the crowd of vicious men one after another suddenly drew their weapons scaring the people in the street, causing chickens to fly and dogs to scamper away.

Xu Zi Ling had no weapons on him, and even if he did he wouldn’t try to take on so many at once so as soon as he heard the shout he dashed wildly down the street.

The crowd of fierce men weren’t about to give up and immediately began to chase him.

Xu Zi Ling and Kou Zhong could be considered experts in escape. Back when they were in Yanghzou if they lost a fight, they would rely on their legs to escape with their lives. At that moment he bent to turn right while strategically using the people walking in the street as a barrier between him and the chasing men. The more he ran the more pleasant it became because the only thing he felt was a warm current endlessly circulating. Soon he felt his left leg heating up hotter and hotter, while his right leg began to get cooler and cooler. The more he ran the more comfortable it felt: his mind seemed like still water and he almost forgot the chasing enemies.

He ran down the street until they were so far behind him that he couldn’t see them anymore.

Xu Zi Ling ran an extra loop before he returned to the house where Susu was anxiously waiting.

From both sides they both applied the blood clotting powder to Li Jing’s wounds before binding them up. They worked until evening before they were ready to change him into a new set of clean clothes.

Even though Li Jing was still unconscious his breathing remained long and constant causing them to finally feel relieved.

Susu said, “Fortunately we were able to stop the bleeding from big brother Li’s wounds, otherwise things would have gotten messy. Ai! Why hasn’t little Zhong come back yet?”

Without saying a word Xu Zi Ling took out Li Jing’s treasured sword and walked into the reception hall where he began to practice what Li Jing called “Ten Forms of Bloody Battle” sword style when he taught them.

That day when Li Jing passed on his sword method to them, he didn’t really understand, but now Li Jing was seriously hurt because there was a powerful enemy waiting for them. A feeling of bitter grief welled up within him and he found that every sword chop he executed was according to the moves he was shown. After some time he didn’t even feel the weight of the sword.

Following the first form “Two Armies Face Off”, he continued with “Exposed by the Beacon Fire”, “Light Cavalry Charges”, “Steal from the Purse”, “Meritorious Deed in Battle”, “Executing a Fake Heavy Assault”, “Army Changes Momentum”, “Impending Death”, “Stubbornly Not Retreating” until he finished the 10th form, “Lord Achieves Domination” when he felt as if every move was executed smoothly and skillfully.

He practiced the ten forms again, when suddenly Susu shrieked, “Little Ling stop!”

Startled Xu Zi Ling stopped. He saw Susu protectively covering Li Jing’s body and her lips turned white as she said, “As you swung that sword it was like you sent out a hot wind, I was extremely scared!”

Xu Zi Ling was amazed for some time as he secretly wondered, “It came from me but why wasn’t I aware of it?” He thought it was most likely a result of the Stance of Nine Mysteries, but he still wasn’t sure he would be able to consciously use it if he ran into an enemy.

“Peng!”

Kou Zhong bumped into the door and entered into the room calling out, “I got a mule cart, let’s go!”

They both cheered. Neither of them bothered to ask him how he managed to get ahold of a mule cart, but instead they grabbed Li Jing and carried him to the mule cart in the courtyard. They layed him inside followed by Susu, who held him to her chest as they heaped grass on top of them.

Kou Zhong led the mule out of the courtyard and into the street.

There happened to be ten other mule and horse drawn carts already in the street carrying men and women, young and old. When the city gates opened, Kou Zhong cheered and led the mule into the middle of the group as they moved towards the gate.

Xu Zi Ling held Li Jing’s precious sword within it’s sheath on top of his knees and said in a low voice, “I was just practicing Big Brother Li’s ‘Ten Forms of Bloody Battle’ and I was really enjoying it. Elder Sister also said that I sent out a wave of hot air with the sword.”

Kou Zhong replied, “It looks like when the Stance of Nine Mysteries mother taught is combined with the clever drawings from the Art of Immortality it becomes a tremendous kung fu. Ai! Too bad we only have one sword. If we had two, nobody would be able to beat us.”

Xu Zi Ling smiled, “Your mother! Oh! Wouldn’t that be my mother too? You little punk, you really like to brag about yourself, but compared to mom and Yuwen Huaji there is still a huge difference in our skill. Dealing with a few bullys isn’t so bad, if....”

Kou Zhong laughed bitterly, “It’s just as you say, look! The bullies are over there, they still haven’t given up?”

Xu Zi Ling followed his gaze and saw about twenty bullies standing by the gate inspecting carts that were passing by and looking at the people walking along side. They still hadn’t seen them yet.

Both of their complexions instantly turned extremely ugly.

Clenching his teeth Xu Zi Ling said, “I’ll draw them away!”

Kou Zhong shook violently, “If you die, what am I supposed to do?”

Xu Zi Ling’s eyes flashed into two cold points as he said with certainty, “I definitely won’t die. Go half a li outside of town and wait while I deal with them.”

Knowing it was the only way Kou Zhong replied, “I will wait there until you come, but if I don’t see you soon I will immediately come back to look for you.”

At that moment Susu also noticed the other men and said in horror, “No! Wouldn’t it be better to find another way out?”

Xu Zi Ling shook his head resolutely, “I have no more tolerance for those bullies so I will deal with them. Besides, if Du Fuwei’s law enforcement executioners come we will all die, therefore this is our only opportunity.”

Kou Zhong said, “Be careful!”

Xu Zi Ling drew the sword, left the scabbard behind and hopped off the mule cart.

Kou Zhong and Susu watched Xu Zi Ling walk quickly toward the enemy while they both had their heart stuck in their throat.

The bullies also noticed Xu Zi Ling walking towards them and repeatedly shouted at him while they drew their weapons and flocked over to him.

Xu Zi Ling raised Li Jing’s precious blade and moved next to the city wall that followed the street.

The caravan of carts immediately accelerated to move through the city gate.

For Kou Zhong and Susu it felt as if they burning up inside as they restrained themselves and urged the mule to run quickly out of the city walls.

To see how those bullies violently chased Xu Zi Ling, Kou Zhong and Susu couldn’t stop the hot tears from flowing down their faces. Next they saw Xu Zi Ling turn around and wildly run towards the enemy to fight. Susu began to scream as the mule cart went through the city walls.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thank you Grundle. I am enjoying the story.

first part of Book 2 chapter 1
    ========================================
    Book 2 Chapter 1 Cunning as an old fox

In a mere second, Xu Ziling's physical and mental existence had escalated into a whole new level.

He felt his body and soul merged and melted into some kind of unstoppable power.

His eyes shone at the ten odd gangsters running straight at him, who no longer seemed to pose much threat. He felt his movements were much faster than his opponents, he could even vaguely sensed the angle and timing of every single weapon aimed at him, as well as their respective strength and weakness.

Yet he had absolutely no idea how to utilized this strange and sudden gift.

A current of hot Qi surged up from his left feet.

The leading gangster was apparently the strongest one among them. Even before the giant axe in the man's hand slashing from right to left reached his face , he could already feel the screeching sound and sharp wind currents stinging his ears and skin.

All his senses had been multiplied and intensified.

The sabreplay taught by Li Jing instantly came up in his mind, while he instinctively drew his blade casting the move "Exposed by the beacon fire"

"Ding!"

The blade and the axe stuck each other.

Xu Ziling did not expect to parry the attack so easily. As he was still in the rapture , the man twisted his wrist and dragged the axe back with a brute force, pulling the blade out of his hand.

Xu Ziling had known that he had something up his sleeves, yet he couldn't come up with a move to counter it, thus ended up losing his weapon in the first blow.

The giant axe slashed again.

Two other men also rushed from both sides, one with a sword while the other using a chain. Their weapons struck without any mercy.

Upon this critical moment, Xu Ziling observed a gap between the two men and instead of retreat, he rolled past the space between and entered the circle of enemies.

Three weapons all missed their target, but the three men could not hold their steps and stumbled a few more before they stopped.

The rest of their men closed in around him.

After Xu Ziling bounced up from the ground, he could only find waves of swords and sabers coming from his front and sideways. He had no choice but to retreat.

"Peng!"

His back hit hard on the city wall. He could retreat no more but collapse against the wall.

He first thought of Kou Zhong, and then his mum, Susu and Li Jing.

Just as he was thinking of his own end, his sight was blurred by a figure.

A man aged about 50 descended from the sky and landed just between him and the band of gangsters. The man has a very serious looking face and wore a very tall hood. He leisurely knelt down and faced Xu Ziling with a kindly smile which does not match his fierce expression at all. At this moment, two sabres, one sword and one chain had just landed on the man's back.

Yet the four attackers instantly howled with pathetic cries at the same time and were sent flying back while spouting blood. However, their weapons were still clinging on the weird man's back.

The other gangsters had never witnessed such terrifying martial techniques. They retreated hastily, hardly keeping in a circle formation to surround the new comer.

The weird man patted on Xu Ziling's shoulder and helped him up, gently brushing off the dirt hanging on his clothes.

Those four gangsters who had been thrown to the ground lied still, as good as dead.

The weird man exposed yet another smile. He called gently, "You're Xu Ziling, aren't you?"

Shocked, Xu Ziling's brain was empty and he nodded.

One of the gangsters yelled, "Man, what business have you?"

The man's lips curled up in an icy smile. Because he was standing with his back to them, only Xu Ziling was able to see it, which gave him a bad feeling about this seemingly righteous man.

Within a sweep, the four weapons had been wrapped into his larger-than-common palm, as if he was not a bit afraid of the sharp tips of the blades.

"My name is Du Fuwei, when you see Yan Huang[1], don't forget this."He said.

The name sounds like a thunder inside Xu Ziling's head.

"Isn't this Du Fuwei the commander of the Jianghuai army whom Li Jing served before? His army had just conquered Liyang, why on earth would he come here alone to save me from these gangsters and, how could he even know my name?" He thought.

While Xu Ziling was busy making wild speculations, Du Fuwei swiftly moved backwards in the speed of lightning and hit a man hard who was standing about a Zhang away with his back.

The man instantly spouted blood and was thrown into the air, bone snapping sound could be heard from all over his body.

Seeing this, the gangsters all ran away in every direction, wishing only that they could have two more legs.

With a quick shake of his left hand, Du Fuwei hurled out the four weapons in his hands, which pierced through four gangsters' bodies. The accuracy is really stunning.

Pondering that this must be the only chance to slip away, Xu Ziling immediately ran as fast as he could towards the city gate.

Successive painful cries could be heard coming from behind.

Du Fuwei's mercilessness had scared Xu Ziling to the core, rendered him unable to even turn back and have a look. Soon he ran into the crowd of refugees and after some effort of pushing his way through, Xu Ziling finally got onto the road leaving the city.

His only wish now is to find Kou Zhong and run as far as they could, never to meet that devil again.

Suddenly Du Fuwei's horrific voice rose :"You have quite impressive speed, young boy!"

Xu Ziling turned back and looked around but saw no signs of Du Fuwei.

Only when everyone around him turned their gaze to above his head did he realize the situation. As Xu Ziling was frightened to death, Du Fuwei landed just behind and snatched him.

Five threads of Qi entered from his back.

Xu Ziling momentarily lost all his strength, but right after that he felt heat on his left foot and cold on his right foot, then he regained the ability to struggle.

Surprised, Du Fuwei sent another wave of Qi into his body.
    ================================================== ==
    [1]Yan Huang(阎皇): The death god in Chinese folklore.
    Last edited by xlandhenry; 09-10-11 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks Xlandhenry

Xlandhenry. Thank you very much. Really enjoyed this passage. Looks like our young heroes are coming up with much improved skills as they move along.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Nicely done xlandhenry, I'll get to work on the next chapter
    --=={Grundle}==--

End of Book 2 Chapter 1 Enjoy!
    ===============================================

Kou Zhong stopped the cart at a grove beside the road and jumped down the cart.

"Where are you going?"Surprised, Susu asked.

Kou Zhong moved closer and after taking a careful look at Li Jing who was still lying unconsciously in Susu's arms, he looked up and said, "Xiao Ling's chance is slim now. I have to go and avenge him! Elder sister, you should drive the cart deeper into the woods. Wait until Brother Li wake up, then leave with him."

He then poured out all the money he had, turned back and walked away without heeding Susu's call anymore.

Getting back to the main street, Kou Zhong headed straight towards the town entrance.

Hot tears could not stop falling down his cheeks.

He stepped faster and faster.

The rushing crowd and carts around him seemed to exist in a different plane, no longer bearing a connection with him.

No one could ever understand the profound brotherhood between him and Xu Ziling.

Just when he was moving aside in order to dodge a coming cart, a hand reaching out from the bushes grabbed him and dragged him inside.

He was then lifted and instantly lost all his strength.

Before he could catch a glimpse of the face of his capturer, he saw Xu Ziling's big head popping out from the other side of that man like a tortoise, signaling him that they are in an extremely dangerous situation.

"Peng!Peng!"

Thrown violently on the grass, the two boys were so dizzied and got up with much effort.

Looking around they found no signs of Du Fuwei, immediately they yelled and started fleeing like mad.

Suddenly with a "Gu Dong" sound, Kou Zhong fell to the ground.

Xu Ziling had already ran out ten odd zhang away by that time. When he turned back and helped Kou Zhong up, he found out Kou Zhong had already lost his consciousness.

He dispiritedly sat down.

And Du Fuwei's legs instantly appeared before his eyes.

Panting, Xu Ziling asked, "What do you want?"

"You can go now."Said Du Fuwei indifferently.

Surprised, Xu Ziling lifted up his face and saw the icy expression of Du Fuwei. "Really?"He tried to ascertain this man's mind.

Du Fuwei nodded."Yes, but you alone."

Xu Ziling was discouraged. "I'll never leave him behind."

Du Fuwei bent down and smiled."You really have no expierence at all. Just one simple test is enough to get the true relationship between you and Kou Zhong. Great! Now time for questions. Answer them without any hesitation, or I will break his limbs one by one, making him a disabled man for his remaining life."

Xu ZIling was terrified."This is not fair at all! What does he have to do with my answers?"

Du Fuwei said nonchalantly. "There's no fairness in this world. Or else there wouldn't be people who become emperors, nor would there be beggars. When I wake him up and ask him I will know whether you lied or not. One lie, I will dig out one of his eyes. After two lies, I will begin to shred his arms and legs."

Xu Ziling was trembling all over, he skin numb. Comparing to this ruthless man, every single bastard back in Yangzhou immediately became a big good guy.

Now how could you little boy not obey my orders. Du Fuwei thought secretly.

Actually he wasn't fond of killing those gangsters, he only did that to make Xu Ziling believe he is a brutal man.

The story that they were pursued by Yuwen Huaji and later rescued by Fu Junchuo from Gaoli was already well known in Jianghu. But what concerned Du Fuwei most was the Yang's Hidden Treasure that was involved. So after receiving reports of the two boys from his men, he personally hurried here and luckily came across the two boys who was leaving the town with Li Jing.

Seeing that Xu Ziling had been forced to become so obedient, he suppressed the excitement in his mind and asked flatly:"Why was Yuwen Huaji after you guys?"

Xu Ziling took a glance at Kou Zhong, then answered dispiritedly: "All was for that damn book!"

"Hmm. That should be the Secrets of Immortality the tyrant wants. Becoming immortal? He must be daydreaming!" Du Fuwei deliberately asked this to give Xu Ziling an impression that he was not entirely ignorant. He paused for a second and continued to question, "Then who had taught you internal energy?"

From the questions he asked, one could conclude that Du Fuwei is not an easygoing person. He asked in a way that is least expected, making one hard to make up false answers in advance to cheat him.

As expected, Xu Ziling was struck dumb for a while. Seeing the cold flashes in Du Fuwei's eyes, he could not help but wave he hands and answered: "Please don't! I will tell you! It's mom who taught us!"

But this time it was Du Fuwei who was surprised. "Your mom?"

Xu Ziling knew eventually he couldn't hide this story from the devil, so he let out a sigh and told the whole story without concealing anything. When he came to the part where Fu Junchuo dies, his eyes turned red and tears almost fell, not realizing that Du Fuwei was the last right person to confide to.

Unexpectedly Du Fuwei extended his hand and pointed it towards Kou ZHong's eyes, shaking his head :"You're lying to me!"

Shocked, Xu Ziling vowed: "If I spoke a word of untruth, I would be dying a miserable death!"

In fact, Du Fuwei believed what Xu Ziling said, he was just trying to get more crucial information by threatening. He spoke slowly."The internal energy inside your body doesn't seem to be like Fu Cailin's Energy of Nine Mysteries, so how can it be passed down by Fu Junchuo?"

Xu Ziling sighed and answered :"Mom has only taught us the mental method but not the actual practice for cultivation. We had no clues so we each picked one illustration from the Secret of Immortallity and cultivated. That's the true story, believe it or not."

Du Fuwei's eyes lit upon hearing this, but then he sighed. "This is really surprising, The Secret of Immortallity is indeed a secret manual for martial arts. But it will be of no use to me even if I get it now, unless I'm willing to disperse all my internal energy. Humph! Did she mention the Hidden Treasure of Yang? Well, it doesn't matter, I can dig her out and more or less I can find some traces about it."

Xu Ziling was shocked,"How can you do that to her!"

Just at this moment, he saw Kou Zhong's hand moved a little, apparently he had awaken.

Du Fuwei was standing with his back to Kou Zhong so naturally he couldn't see it. He spoke: "Then you must tell me! Of course we'd better not to disturb your mom's rest."

Xu Ziling sighed: "Okay, I surrender! But you must let us go. The treasure is hidden just beneath the Statue of General Guan which locates to the north of Yangzhou City. You will see the tunnel after moving the statue aside. Our mom went there and thus we met her. You can wake Kou Zhong up and ask him if you don't believe me. Oh, he's been knocked out for so long, could there be any problem with him?"

Du Fuwei was temporarily lost in thinking. "Yangzhou City? Haha, that's really hard to imagine!"

He sent out a strong current of Qi with his finger, and Xu Ziling immediately fell unconscious after that.

After god knows how long, Xu Ziling finally came to himself. Opening his eyes, he saw Kou Zhong sitting next to him with a defeated look, and Du Fuwei was looking up towards the sky, deeply lost in his own thinking.

Kou Zhong let out a sigh and said :"Xiao Ling! I'm terribly sorry, I've told him the secret in temple of General Guan, just to save you!"

Du Fuwei roared: "Shut up! If you dare mention that place again, I will slaughter you!"

He then ordered: "Get up!"

Unknowing if he was going to execute them right away and bury them with the secrets, their hearts beated wildly.

Cold flares emitted from Du Fuwei's eye and swept across them back and forth for several rounds, unsettling their nerves. Then he spoke :"You two imps shall lead me to the Secret of Immortallity first, only then can I let you go."

Xu Ziling objected: "Didn't you say that it was useless to you?"

Du Fuwei said in a smile: "Better have a look than have nothing at all! From now on, you must call me dad. Do exactly what I tell you to. Understand? Now, call me dad!"

The two boys exchanged a glance with each other, thinking that heroes are those who understand the times. Helpless, they both called "Dad", feeling extremly awkward that they had to address such a devil as their father.

Meanwhile, Du Fuwei seemed to be greatly satisfied. With a laugh he said :"Good boys! Now let me find a restaurant and get you a good meal before we set out! Look, it's about to dawn, we should be able to cover about a hundred Li before sunrise."
    Last edited by xlandhenry; 09-23-11 at 05:26 AM.

thanks alot.
    I have been waiting for an update
    the story is getting really interesting
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Uh..oh.. been waiting for the continuation of the story..

Thanks for the translation xlandhenry I have spent good part of yesterday going through all the updates and I am really hooked. Hoping for an update soon.

Part 1 of Chapter 2. Thanks to xlandhenry for making corrections as I have translated, his help has been essential.

Enjoy
    -------------------------------
    Book 2 Chapter 2 - Trying to outwit each other

Du Fuwei ran a hundred li carrying both of them under his arms, and by dawn they finally reached Xinan county.

Xinan county was the most prosperous county south of the Yangtze river. Since war had not yet touched it, and many refugees also came here to escape the wars the place was bustling with excitement.

Du Fuweis face was expressionless as his arms bent behind to carry them on his back. It is unknown whether Du Fuwei was embarrassed or proud that people would avoid him like the plague.

Kou Zhong turned towards Xu Zi Ling and shot an angry signal with his eyes towards Du Fu Wei as he said, Dad! Dont you need to go back to Li Yang to become King? Maybe someone will take advantage of your absence and plan a rebellion!

Du Fu Wei replied indifferently, Obedient son, you had better talk less. Otherwise if people hear, dad will have to murder them to shut their mouths.

Kou Zhong stuck out his tongue and pretended to be frightened as he shrugged closer to Xu Zi Ling and whispered in a low voice, What Brother Li said is true, dad isnt qualified to take over the world. He frequently resorts to murder and doesnt understand how to buy the popular support of the people.

Du Fu Wei turned his head to glare at him and shot a glance filled with a cold murderous intent to scare Kou Zhong into shutting up.

Du Fu Wei was several cun taller than most people, plus he wore a tall hat on his head so when he walked through a crowd of people it looked like a crane in a flock of chickens. He couldnt help attracting attention.

They climbed over the city walls and went to the largest restaurant only to find it overflowing with people. Finding a table would be as difficult as climbing up to heaven.

Du Fu Wei grabbed a waiter and stuffed two strings of money into his hands. Nobody knows how that waiter was able to open up a table by the window from nowhere where he respectfully invited the father and sons three to sit down.

That waiter, without knowing why, immediately opened up a table by the window and respectfully invited the father and sons three to sit down.

They asked for refreshments and after Du Fu Wei drank a mouthful of tea he stopped and watched the other two as they wolfed down their food. He said, Who said that I dont know how to win the popular support of the people?

Kou Zhong replied, It looks like dad already knows how to win people over, but you shouldnt force people everywhere to join your army so that others will be afraid when they see it.

Du Fu Wei said in disbelief, What do you know boy? As the saying goes, the poor can do no charities. Right now dad only appears to be a poor wretch that can barely scrape together a living and if I am not careful then the Du family assets will all be lost. What other source of money is there to buy the popular support of the people?

Kou Zhong shook his head saying, If dad knew how to buy the popular support of the people, then he would immediately buy his two sons some stylish clothes befitting of heroes, then when you go to boast about saving the people, we would be happy to follow dad and help you everywhere you go. If you always rely on forcing and intimidating us then it will create a wound around the feelings of father and sons.

Xu Zi Ling wasnt quite able to restrain himself as the delicious pastry that he was eating sprayed out. When he saw the ill expression on Du Fu Weis face he immediately covered his mouth and lowered his head.

Kou Zhong didnt even pay attention to Du Fu Weis ominous glare as he continued with a laugh, Father you musnt get angry, sincere advice is always unpleasant to hear. The very reason a muddle-headed lord is called a muddle-headed lord is precisely because he is not willing to listen to unpleasant and sincere advice. Dad, it seems like you only want to be the leader of a rebellion, so its only natural that you havent had this problem yet, but if you really want to rule the world then no matter how unwilling you are to hear other peoples criticism you must still show respect to the wise, because when they start to talk about how your sons look, everyone will think you are just another muddle-headed ruler.

Du Fu Wei listened with a blank expression, speechless.

From the time he banded together with his friend Fu Gongshi, who he was willing to die for, to become bandits, he became the regions underworld boss. Later he led many of them to seek asylum from Wang Bo in the Changbai Mountains. He then immediately separated himself from Wang Bo and became an independent general crisscrossing the Jiang river, never being defeated. Now that Li Yang had fallen into his hands, his prestige became even greater. However nobody has ever dared to rebuff him to his face, not even learned scholar let alone this immature and inexperienced boys mouth [1]. Only when he heard those words he found it unusually refreshing, especially when he said dad. Getting angry at this point would seem as if he was lacking grace, however he was momentarily unable to refute a single word.

Not yet finished Kou Zhong kept talking, Dad your martial arts are awesome, even Yuwen Huagu wouldnt be a worthy match for you. You even stand above the top ranked Jiang Hu people like Lord of Martial Arts Bi Xuan, or Leisurely Man Ning Daoqi, and even those nuns from the Monastery of Cihang would be afraid of you.

Seeing his expression change to one of surprise he continued, Dont tell me that son was mistaken when flattering dad? Why has your expression suddenly turned so ugly? Ai! Anyways, once you get The Art of Immortality you will kill us two sons to shut our mouths, but for now you will have to restrain yourself and put up with us for a little bit longer, okay? You could also strike our mute acupoint so that we wouldnt be able to make a sound. Haha! Afterall who knows if there really is a mute acupoint.

Du Fuweis sharp eyes didnt fail to notice Kou Zhong continuously raising the volume of his voice and he shook his head with a bitter smile, Son, you seem to think you can attract someone to come save you, but your plan is a waste of time since anyone will pay with their lives.

Suddenly he stretched his hand beneath the table and pinched Xu Zi Lings thigh. The latter immediately vomited all the food in his mouth because of the pain.

Kou Zhong raised his hands in surrender, Dad is still more fierce than son, this trick of rescuing the besieged by assaulting the besiegers, to broadcast to the east and strike to the west is something I am not able to ward off. Dad, please dont be too hard on me, okay? Son understands the concept of No rights under absolute might. Dad you really taught me a good lesson indeed.

Du Fuwei had no way to get him, and the biggest problem was that he still couldnt get him to shut up. In order to regain the advantage as he said, From now on you are forbidden to speak.

Kou Zhong smiled and began to continuously laugh while he lowered his head.

Du Fuwei almost exploded with rage, but for no reason at all he found himself smiling instead. He also thought it would be embarrassing to punish them.

As he gazed a the two little demons they both had a knowing smile of victory plastered on their face.

As the left the restaurant behind, Kou Zhong and Xu Zi Ling both had a sliver of bamboo in their mouth as they leisurely walked behind Du Fuwei, occasionally bumping shoulders with each other. It didnt appear as if their difficult predicament troubled their hearts at all.

Du Fuwei didnt say a word until he finished buying two horses, and he indicated that the two should ride together as he said, If you try to use the horse to escape, I will immediately dig out an eyeball from each one of you. Do you understand?

Both of them respectfully nodded, while others laughed at their appearance.

Du Fuwei was not in a good mood because of their antics, and he ordered them to lead the way while he followed behind.

As soon as they left the city and joined the government road, Xu Zi Ling put the horse to a gallop and let go of the reins. Kou Zhong saw that Du Fuwei was already more than 5 zhang behind and he whispered in Xu Zi Lings ear, It would be a tragedy if we let that evil man get the treasure buried beneath Emperor Guans shrine in Yangzhou, mother would scold us.

[1] 乳臭未干 - Literally means Boy that still smells of his mothers milk not yet dried
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks a lot Grundle

thanks a lot
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Book 2 Chapter 2 Continued...

--------------------

The other wrote on Xu Xi Lings back using his hand, Just now when I was in the restaurant I made the other people pay attention to us, so if anyone comes to cut off the road we can immediately take the opportunity to escape.

Xu Zi Ling exclaimed with an ingenious thought, Because he is so ferocious we have to obey him like little children. As I have watched him, even though he is a vicious tyrant, he is actually a good person. At the very least, up until now he still hasnt really beaten us up. It would be better to get The Art of Immortality and give it to him, and see if he really would agree to take us as his sons. When he becomes emperor, wouldnt we be the crown princes? Foster father wouldnt be able to murder his own sons, right?

Both of them understood that it followed their experience with Fu Junchuo and they knew that even though they were separated by several zhang, Du Fu Wei had sensitive hearing.

Kou Zhong knitted his brows, Ai! That day when mother was dying she told us the method to open the door to where the treasure is stored. Wasnt it three left, six right, seven forward, eight backwards, repeat three times, and did you hear the rest? It seems like she said a few more words at the end, then mother tragically died like that and I was crying so hard I couldnt hear anything else so how could I clearly hear it all? Didnt mother say that if we couldnt understand the trick to opening the door then we could forget about even finding the entrance to where the treasure is stored?

Xu Xi Ling exclaimed to himself how clever it was and said, Of course I remember, but only if he agrees to legally adopt us as his sons otherwise we will just have to make him extinguish our mouths so you might as well not say anything yet. Fortunately mother taught us how to destroy our arteries, so we can kill ourselves immediately if we have to.

Kou Zhong pretended to be horrified, We must never do that! I think that this old fellow Du can be considered a successful individual, and if he doesnt have a son yet, then he must find two talented people like us to name as his heirs, who can at least be used to admonish the officials. If he can find no use for us then he is a stupid egg.

He paused before sighing again, Ai! What you said before is true. If he deals with us heartlessly, even if it is half a slap on the face we should immediately kill ourselves, then we will teach tyrant dad that not only he cant get a hold of the treasure trove, but also the base of the statue of the Emperor will also collapse on top of him and kill him too.

The more Xu Xi Ling listened to him concoct the more afraid he was the listener would see through it so he hurriedly said, Stop talking! We must be careful in case he catches up.

Kou Zhong turned his head around to look only to see Du Fu Wei lower his head and he knew that their plan was successful so he immediately shut his mouth. He was so pleased with himself that it was a feeling that was difficult to describe.

By dusk the three people arrived to a large town called Nan Zhi. Du Fu Wei found a small in, but only asked for a single room then they went into the restaurant next door to eat dinner. He had a warm expression on his face.

Ten people were spread out at a table, but only half of them were sitting down. They all appeared to be this towns rich men.

The three of them found a quiet place in the corner to sit down. When they had some food and wine Du Fu Wei casually said, I have watched you both behaving obediently. You may talk now.

Kou Zhong lightly kicked Xu Zu Lings leg under the table and with a sigh of relief said, Who is unwilling to obey Father? You might as well declare what your children are prohibited from doing before closing our mouths again.

Even though Du Fu Wei was an underworld person who would murder someone without blinking twice, he was unable to do anything about Kou Zhong and only able to reveal his generous side as he said with a smile, As long as you dont deliberately try to create trouble, how can I be afraid of you talking? The salt I have eaten is more than the rice you have, the number of bridges I have walked are more than the roads you have crossed.

Kou Zhong showed an agreeable smile, but didnt have a response.

In a low voice Xu Zi Ling said, Us brothers have accepted our fate. Once General Du has the Art of Immorality is it possible to give us a quick death, you must not make us suffer too much. Ai! Ever since mother died we have only thought about following her to the Yellow Spring, but we havent had the courage to kill ourselves![2]

Kou Zhong interrupted, After we die dad, you had better make your generals and soldiers burn paper money for us, so that mother and us will be well off when we get down to the spring.

Du Fu Wei didnt know whether to laugh or to cry as he angrily replied, Who said I wanted to kill you?

Kou Zhong said, A gentlemen must never go back on his words, so you cannot harm us.

Du Fu Wei was an extremely crafty person so he merely smiled, If you have nothing to hide from me then what I, Du Fu Wei say is trustworthy and in the future I will not treat you bad. [3]

Both of them knew he had fallen into their trap and they exchanged a secret wink before Kou Zhong exclaimed, To hear dad say these words is enough, isnt that right Xiao Ling?

Xiao Ling said, The entrance to the treasure must use a special technique to open the door, so dad must agree to make an evil oath that he wont do anything to harm even the slightest hair on our heads, and furthermore you must also agree to really take us as your sons, then your children would find it easy to talk about the secret technique.

Du Fu Wei noticed that a group of men and women just walked into the restaurant, among them was an old man with the uncommon bearing of an expert so with a nod of his head he said, Well talk about this again later, lets eat!

Xu and Kou both turned to look at what he was gazing at, and their eyes both immediately lit up.

Altogether there were four young people in a group of five people. They were all wearing a sabre or sword on their bodies, but what caused both of their eyes to shine was a sixteen or seventeen year old maiden who was extraordinarily beautiful.

The old man was short and stocky. He looked powerful, and as soon as he walked through the door his gaze swept to Du Fu Weis body.

The other three were around twenty years old with strong heroic bodies and one of them was more handsome and taller than the other two. He was standing shoulder to shoulder with the maiden in an intimate way.

When the maiden saw Kou and Xus roguish stares she didnt look away but sized them up instead. An angry look flashed across her face, and with disdain she exaggeratedly pressed close to the back of the tall handsome man and entered into the banquet without asking permission.

When they both saw the maidens irritation they were excited and looked at each other with a smile.
    --------------------
    [2] - 黄泉 is Huang Quan, which is the Yellow Spring or the underworld from Chinese mythology.
    [3] - Du Fu Wei says 一言九鼎 which means one word is worth nine sacred tripods. I distilled that down to trustworthy since I cant think of an English equivalent.
    --=={Grundle}==--