Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The History of the Tang Dynasty Two Dragons (大唐双龙传) - Huang Yi

I enjoyed his "A step into the past".
    Am enjoying this too. Hope to read the rest

You have 35,188 views. I hope this hasn't stopped because of perceived lack of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anh Nam View Post
    You have 35,188 views. I hope this hasn't stopped because of perceived lack of interest.
    No I'm still around I am just too busy with my job at the moment

Understand. Job comes first.
    Thanks for taking the time to reassure us. And for the translation to date.

Thanks for letting us know.

Here comes a fresh chapter!
    ==========================================

Book 2 Chapter 5 The Madam of Dongming

"Plump!Plump!"One by one they plunged into the water.
    And their last sight above the water was three yachts moving in their direction.

There were several bandits on each yacht, every one of them was carrying a long pole with sharp hook at the end of it. They were cursing and yelling as they tried to catch up.

Knowing that Xu Ziling is a comparably weaker swimmer, Kou Zhong grabbed him tightly and swam below the gigantic ship. Only there could they hide from their enemies' hook-poles. At that moment they had no time to think about how to take breaths under water.

Before they reached the very bottom, the air inside their lungs had already run out. They swam up but only hit the bottom of the ship.

Just as they were on the brink of suffocation, they suddenly caught a new breath of air. They were overjoyed at this miracle and both swam towards the stern.

As the new breath of air ran out again, another breath of fresh air was generated from within.

This time they noticed that the air didn't come out of nowhere, but originated and was converted from the Qi inside their body. The conversion kept going, making them extremely comfortable.

They were so excited that they almost forgot about the pursuing enemies.

Xu Ziling's left foot was warming up while his right foot was cooling down. He felt the surging Qi inside his body circulating, as it flowed automatically per the illustration in the Art of Immortality. His sight was brightened, and now he could clearly see the bottom of all kinds of ships above forming a beautiful pattern.

Kou Zhong's situation was quite similar, while hisQistarted from the Tianling acupoint on top of thehead.

Slowly they swam ataround 4 zhang beneath the water surface.
    Each time they extended their limbs, the Qi inside their bodies completed a flawless cycle. And as Qi flowed continually, they felt no weariness at all.

For god knows how long, they swam ashore at a beach far away from the harbor.

At that time the sun had almost fallen below the horizon, while the two boys lied on the beach, shoulder to shoulder, laughing happily.

Panting, Kou Zhong said :"Our internal energy has become so great, that we can swim for such a long time without taking a breath. Perhaps we can even swim to the other side of the ocean, saving the ship fee"

Bathing in the last minute's brilliant sunshine, Xu Zilingsaid :"Now I feel overwhelmed with energy. It's 'bout time!"

Kou Zhong also got excited. He sat up and took a look at the surroundings. The busy harbor must be at least 4 to 5 li away, as he could only vaguely make out the tall masts standing there. Meanwhile, the place they stood is absolutely in the wild, void of people. "Let's swim back tonight. We can sneak into the stockroom from the harbor, and then we can use a boat to transport the salt. If we are caught up, we can jump into the water and play hide-and-seek with them."

Xu Ziling also sat up, yawning :"I feel so energetic that I might be able to kill a few tigers now. The madam was really weird by the way. We were having a nice conversation and the next minute she drove us off the ship. Is it because we are not that good-looking? Why do all those women besides Susu treat us as if we are their enemies?"

Kou Zhong grabbed his shoulder and said :"That's pretty obvious: Because they're afraid they will lose control and fall in love with us! Haha!"

Both of them burst out into long laughter for this silly explanation. By the time they stopped, the sun had already sunk behind the mountains.
    And their clothes had completely dried up.

Staring at each other, they were amused by their own tattered clothes and disheveled hair, which clearly resembled that of the beggars.
    For a moment they didn't want to return to the waters so soon.

Kou Zhong quickly thought up an excuse. "We have to plan our escaping route well, before we do the actual thing tomorrow. Now since the city gates are not closed yet, shall we go and have a decent meal in the city? Then we could discuss our plan in detail."
    Xu Ziling was also reluctant to go into water again, so he nodded.

While they were walking towards the city gates, they felt their bodies were lighter and they could also move faster than before. Their hearing and vision were much more sensitive, the evening darkness made little to no difference to them as if it was still daytime.

Of course they wouldn't realize, when they were struggling for breath underwater, they had achieved a milestone in Taoist Qi cultivation and stepped into the mysterious vault of senior level internal energy.

Countless men cultivated followed taoism, yet few can achieve the inner-breath level.

As it is said by many, "Internal Qi will not generate unless external source is exhausted."

They had no guidance from a good mentor. All thanks to the special underwater experience, they had been able to surpass the barrier that otherwise would not be possible in their entire lifetime. Out of sheer luck, they eventually gained a important step forward in martial art practicing and broke the age limit.

They took a cold bath at an inn and went out to the street. There they saw an even more bustling night than Yangzhou with all the people and horses traversing busily.

The ladies are even more alluring, who are not a bit afraid of men's gazes. The two boys feasted their eyes on such beautiful scenes and they couldn't be happier.

After filling their stomach, they felt satisfied and strolled to the most crowded place.

Kou Zhong was peeking at the entrance of a brothel, while Xu Ziling suddenly dragged him to an alley. "Look! It's Lao Liu! And that man with him, isn't he Tan Yong, the vice manager of Seasand Gang?"He pointed towards the opposite of the street.

Kou Zhong turned and saw a group of armed men huddling in a store on the opposite side of the street. Lao Liu was standing next toTan Yong, who was giving instruction to the former.

As they took a closer look, they realized the store is actually a clinic, which seemed to be one of the gang's gathering grounds.

"What are they talking about?"Xu Ziling become curious.

They both involuntarily focused their hearing and Tan Yong's voice gradually rose inside their ears."Lord will arrive here at 3 jing tonight. By the way, it's strange that we still couldn't find the corpses of those two boys."

Both Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were kind of surprised, as they had not really expected to hear so clearly.

They were over 3 zhang apart, and the street was crowded and noisy, yet they could only hear Tan Yong's voice.

They were excited and tried to listen again but this time they couldn't hear anything.

Kou Zhong happily commented :"It seems we had greatly improved our internal energy. And they were possibly allied against us at the very beginning. It seems that Lao Liu was playing the bad guy and Tan Yong was trying to be nice. And then Tan Yong has ordered him to kill us.That's really odd."

Xu Ziling thought more carefully. "They didn't knew we were martial 'experts' back then, what do they want from us in the first place?"

Even with Kou Zhongs shrewdness, he still felt puzzled. He murmured :No matter what theyre up to, at the end of the day its not something good. This Tan Yong might be a little tough, but Lao Liu is just a piece of cake. Lets follow him and when hes alone we can teach him a lesson, and get some payback to buy two sabers. So that we will not be afraid of people with weapons.

Xu Ziling thought it kind of interesting rather than scary. Just as he nodded in agreement, they saw Lao Liu walking out of the store and turning left, with two men following.

Their eyes fixated on the two large sabers carried by the men. The temptation of those sabers far outweighed the fear to take on these three men at the same time. They gritted their teeth and followed on.

As Lao Liu and his men strode past the streets, all the passersbys tried to keep away from them as if they are the plague. When coming across a group of government officers, they even stopped to have a few conversations before turning into a quiet and dark alley.

The two boys exchanged glances of encouragement, and followed up.

Stepping into the alley, they found they had lost track of the three men.

Kou Zhong pulled Xu Ziling to a wooden door of a backyard. He whispered :They must have gone inside, or else how could they vanish completely? Shall we go and check it out?

Xu Ziling was startled :Could there be other members of Seasand Gang inside?
    Kou Zhong sighed :Well, then hes too lucky tonight.
    Xu Ziling said :Since we have nothing to do now, why not wait until he comes out.

Kou Zhong sat down against the wall and said :Now it reminds me of the days we had in Yangzhou, when bored we just sat and chat all day. Hah, cant believe we had made this far into Jianghu.

Xu Ziling sat down beside him. It seems the Seasand Gang has remarkable power in this county, even the workers at the harbor heed to their commands. Does the name Seasand actually stand for sea salt? They must be very strong and rich in order to maintain control over the salt industry here, so what could they possibly want from poor us?

Kou Zhong was struck by his words. I didnt think as deep as you. Luckily we had planned to steal their salt, or else we may not be able to get even a single grain.

Then he became excited again :Now our most important mission is to get rich. Then we can go find Sister Susu. If she doesnt want to marry Brother Li, then perhaps she can marry us instead. Sister Susu is so beautiful and nice, we will live a happy life if we have her as wife.

Xu Ziling laughed and taunted back :You go way too far, even for joking standards. How can sister marry the two of us at the same time? Do we all have to sleep in one bed at night? Thats a really terrible idea.

Kou Zhong sighed :You know I am just comforting myself. We havent touched a womans tits once! Thats too embarrassing for a man! Hey, If we manage to rob Lao Lius money, maybe we can go to a brothel and have fun tonight!"

Xu Ziling answered impatiently :If we do not get out of this county as quickly as possible after that, we would be cut into pieces by the gang people, what fun can we have then?

Kou Zhong suddenly said :Someone is coming!
    Xu Ziling placed his ear closer to the door and listened carefully. As expected, he heard footsteps coming from behind the door.

They hurriedly got up and stood beside the door, their hearts could not help bumping wildly.

Lao Lius voice rose inside :Xiao Huahua is really a alluring *****, no wonder vice manager send us to bring birdnest soup to please her, even when he is busy as hell.

The other man said :I am also itching all over. If Dongming Sect weren't here tonight I would've been in the brothel now with those lovely chicks."

Lao Liu smiled lecherously, "It's said that Madam of Dongming Shan Meixian's beauty really lives up to her name, but I only hope her skill in bed can compare to her martial skills."

The last man said :"Who cares if she's good in bed? After Big Lord there are so many people that You'll have to wait in queque for a whole life."

All three men broke into evil laughter.

"squeak"
    The wooden door was pulled open.
    Lao Liu came out, defenseless.

"Pak Pak!"
    The two men behind him were hit in the face at the same time and they fell back with pathetic groans.

Shocked, Lao Liu turned around and two fists landed, one at his chest and the other his belly. Instantly he was struck down,curling painfully on the ground.

The two brothers had not expected such a quick and easy fight at all. Peeping inside, Kou Zhong saw a quiet little garden and a small lodge not far away which was still emitting dim lamp light. He called out to Xu Ziling and together they dragged those three men into the garden.

The two men besides Lao Liu were all knocked out with their faces covered in blood.

The two boys skillfully removed the three men's rubbing strips and tied them up hard, then they collected their sabres and money sacks before picking up Lao Liu.

Kou Zhong smiled, "Do you recognize us?"He said.
    Lao Liu's face twisted in pain as he groaned :"Big brother please spare my life!"

Kou Zhong pulled out his saber and placed it on Lao Liu's neck, cursing viciously. He said :"Answer every question honestly, or I will cut your neck. I won't cut it deep, just let it blood slowly."

Lao Liu saw them clearly now and exclaimed in a shock :"Didn't you all drowned dead?"

"Pak!" Xu Ziling replied with a slap on his face. "You're not allowed to ask questions! Answer this first. Where does your gang store salt? Don't try to make things up, we'll know if you lied when we question your fellows."

Kou Zhong was saying:"Brilliant!" in his mind. This was the questioning strategy Du Fuwei used against themselves. He pressed the saber harder, and threatened :"Speak! Quickly!"

Lao Liu's throut moved but he couldn't say a word. "You pressed the saber too hard, how can he speak like this?"

Embarassed, Kou Zhong moved the saber away.
    Lao Liu tried to take advantage of their young age and boasted :"If you dared kill me, you definitely can't leave alive!"

Xu Ziling laughed and said :"Isn't your gang going to deal with Dongming Sect tonight? How can they have the leisure to deal with us? When they found your corpses, we would have left long ago."

Kou Zhong added :"You only know how to boast. Haven't we offended you this morning? How come we are still alive? Well, let's cut off one of your fingers and see if you're really that tough."

Xu Ziling shook his head, "No! It'll be more fun to stub his eyes. Which first? Left or right?"

Lao Liu immediately softened and begged :"I give up, I give up. We have eight salt depot, which one do you want to know?"

Kou Zhong said :"Tell me all of them at once! One pause will cost you one pair of eyes. I'm most skilled with eyes-digging."

Lao Liu was so scared that he immediately spouted all he knew without taking a breath. Kou Zhong then had him repeat it a few more times to make sure he didn't lie. Finally he asked :"Which one is the nearest?"

After Lao Liu reluctantly replied, Xu Ziling brought up another question :"What is Dongming Sect's background actually? What does your boss want from them so much that he came here personally just for that?"

"If I tell you this secret, can you let me go?"Lao Liu said.
    Kou Zhong said :"If you behave obediently, we can leave you here to have a good sleep; However we must kill these two fellows in order to demostrate the might of Yangzhou twin dragons!"

Of course he wasn't going to kill anyone, but just using these common techniques in underworld to show that he is not an easygoing person.

As expected, Lao Liu's face paled down and he said while trembling :"Please spare our lives. I will tell you what I know, but you have to keep your word and do no harm to us."

"Speak quickly!" Xu Ziling commanded.

Despirited, Lao Liu answered :"I heard from the second in command that Dongming Sect came from an large island called Liuqiu on the other side of the ocean. Their members are mainly female. Hey! Didn't you flee onto their ship this morning? Haven't met them at all?"

Kou Zhong was irritated :"You're not the one to ask questions here. And by the way, we did not flee up the ship, we were invited to board the ship. Do you think that you have too many fingers and maybe caressing women with nine just feels superior for you?

Lao Liu hurriedly begged for mercy and continued :"Every year at this time they come to choose some teenage boys and bring them back. But I've no idea as for what our lord want from them this year. I really don't know."

The two boys were immediately enlightened.That's the reason why Tan Yong wanted to recruit them. For a brief moment they were proud being chose , but the next moment they felt defeated because eventually the Madam of Dongming didn't select them.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling exchanged glances and both felt there's no need to question further. They tore off the men's clothes and stuffed into their mouths. Before leaving,they bent them over and tied their hands behind their back so that they won't be able to break out of control easily.

As for the conflicts between Seasand Gang and Dongming Sect, they had neither interests nor the abilities to interfere.

Right now, all they were thinking about was to rob some salt from Seasand Gang, and make some money out of it. After getting rich, wouldn't they be free to do whatever they want?

Last edited by xlandhenry; 08-04-12 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks xlandhenry

mucho gracias, xlandhenry!

Thanks for the Translation... Only 783 Chapters to go....

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanks for the Translation... Only 783 Chapters to go....
    aiyoh - better not stress him out...

Thanks for taking the time to translate despite your busy schedule ...

great story. thanks xlanhenry

Excellent translation. Thank you very much for taking the time to translate for us.

Finished a new chapter. Enjoy!

========================================
    Book 2 Chapter 6 A Mutual Benefiting Move

Arriving at the city gate, they found it had been closed and a lot of people were cluttering there. Among them, there were guarding soldiers and some strong men of unknown alignment.

Afraid of being caught, they evaded to a dark alley and sat down.

Kou Zhong took out the money sacks and counted the gains under the dim torchlight scattered from the city gates.On the other side, Xu Ziling drew out the long saber from its sheath, caringly studied it.

Kou Zhong counted twice and happily exclaimed :"We're rich now! Altogether we have twenty taels of silver. That is not only enough for the traveling expense to Luoyang, but also some big meals and maybe even three brothel visits!"

Xu Ziling laid the saber on his lap and unbelievingly leaned closer to look. "Then we don't have to do dirty jobs of selling salt any more."

Kou Zhong ridiculed :"You're really short-sighted. Being satisfied with only twenty tael of silver. We will still steal salt as planned. Let's stay here for the night, the next morning when the gates open, we must immediately get the goods and run away. Aye! Let's just hope Lao Liu won't be discovered so soon."

Xu Ziling sighed :"If only we knew how to use qinggong to climb over the walls. Ah!"

Their countenance instantly changed when they heard rapid and dense hoofbeats coming closer and closer. As they were feeling numb on their skin, a large group of riders, numbered in at least a hundred, rode past the alley they were hiding, heading towards the gate.

After a while they heard someone calling in a deep voice :"Seasand prevails!"

The other party replied :"Dongming falls!"

They peeped their heads out and saw a small side gate was open, then one by one those Seasand riders rode past the gate.

Moments later, a few more groups also left the city, using the same passcode.

Xu Ziling said :"The Seasand Gang may attack Dongming's flagship tonight, shall we notice them? Seasand Gang must be full of bastards!"

Kou Zhong's eyes lightened. "Do you want to visit Liuqiu Island? It would be our greatest fortune just to marry that pretty maid. Come!" He whispered.

Xu Ziling stood up with him but he was a bit worried :"Maybe we'll be recognized by them!"

Kou Zhong puffed up his chest and said :"No risks, no gains. For the pretty maids of Dongming, we'll play this game! Look, the gate is still open, and we've got sabres with us. Even if we're recognized we can still fight our way through. When we reach the shore and jump into the water, no one could catch us. Com'mon coward!"

Finishing his speech, Kou Zhong strode towards the gate.

Xu Ziling had no choice but to follow him.

Just as they stepped onto the main road, four riders came from behind.

Kou Zhong glanced at the gate and found no trace of those strong men, while ten odd soldiers were staring at them. It's already too late to go back. He turned around and called to the riders."Has vice manager left the city?"

The riders rode past like a gust of wind, with one answering :"He is with the lord. They are still behind!"

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were terrified. They hurried on and yelled to soldiers at a safe distance :"Seasand prevails!"One of the soldiers laughed. "Are you kids crazy? Or do you enjoy being killed this young?"

All soldiers broke out into laughter.

Another soldier asked :"Who are you guys? Why haven't I met you before?"

Kou Zhong slapped on his sabre and replied boldly :"Vice manager is our mentor, Xie Feng is our foster-father. We just joined the gang last month.

The soldiers were convinced by his answer and let them pass the gate. The two secretly rejoiced and hurriedly went through the gate.

They secretly regretted the moment they stepped outside.

It appeared that several bands of people had already gathered outside the city, which numbered in at least a thousand.

Because no torches were lit, coupled with the fact that everyone just stood in silence, when they found out the fact it was too late to turn back.

Someone called to them :"Seasand prevails!"

Both boys answered :"Dongming falls!"

A big man came over and asked in a low voice :"Which branch do you belong to?"

Kou Zhong answered reluctantly :"We are from Yuhang branch."

The man didn't suspect at all and pointed towards a group of people, saying :"Tie up this red headband and stand there, the Lord is arriving!"

The man handed over two pieces of red cloth to them, which Xu Ziling dared hurriedly accepted.

Moving to the group of people from Yuhang branch, they lower their heads and went to the back end of the team, tieing up their headbands. Luckily no one raised any suspection.

A few people in front of them turned around but they couldn't see clearly in the darkness. As they were about to question the two, their attention was caught by a group of riders galloping out from the city gates. No one cared to bother with them anymore.

The one leading the riders is a man with towering figure. The people on both his sides all raised their torches so that he could be clearly seen by everyone.

This man carried two axes on his back emitting a commanding aura. When he swept across the crowd with two large bull-eyes, everybody, including Kou and Xu, was feeling like standing alone in front of him.

The rest of the riders all have distinctive appearances. Among them there was a nun with comparable fairness. Blown by the sea winds, the robe she wore attached tightly to her body , revealing beautiful and alluring curves.

Tan Yong also came with them, but he was at the end of the team, which indicated his rank was the lowest among them.

The leading man rode between the two lines of his liteunents and galloped in a small circle before he stopped.

All the gang members drew out their weapons to pay respect to him. Kou Zhong also raised his sabre to pretend, while whispering to Xu Ziling :"This Lord must be a much higher level expert than we are. When we got a chance we must run away, not to muddle over this matter at all. "

Xu Ziling was also terrified before such scenes and nodded nonstop.

The Lord of Seasand gang swayed his horse, and yelled :"This time our gang is working for Lord Yuwen Huaji, everyone will get paid well, let alone the trophies. The key point of this operation is to strike the unprepared and let none survive. You must all commit to the head of your branch, anyone who coward in battle will be punished per our rules. If we manage to accomplish this task, everyone will be greatly rewarded."

All men answered his call in chorus.

The place they stood is quite far from the harbor, so they're not afraid their noise would be heard by Dongming Sect.

Kou Zhong was about to dragged Xu Ziling back to slip away, but as they heard answering coming from a mount behind them, they had no choice to abandon this thought.

At this moment Tan Yong, together with another shorter guy rode before the group of peoploe from Yuhang branch. They whispered a few words and commanded the group to set out.

With the riders leading, those without horses had to run to follow behind. Unfortunate for them, Tan Yong had deliberately slowed down to watch the rear of the team.

Having walked for almost an hour they finally reached the shore, where three ships were already there waiting for them. It was still at least 3 to 4 li away from the harbor.

Under Tan Yong's supervision, Kou and Xu boarded one of the ships reluctantly.

Immediately after boarding the ship, all men went onto their own posts. Some were preparing the catapults, some were making fire arrows, the rest started to unmoor the ship and set sail.

Leaving only them standing there, not knowing what to do.

As they were secretly worrying, Tan Yong actually came onto their ship. Luckily there was no light on the deck, otherwise they would have been easily saw through.

In a panic, they moved to the side of the deck and was about to jump into the sea, when a man stopped them, calling :"Hey you two, go carry up the wetsuits and chisels for me!"

With a shock they lower their faces and sneak down the cargo hold.

On the way they met ten odd men who were carrying boxes up. One of them said :"Only one box left for you two."

They went down to the bottom of the hold. Under the dim light of lantern, they saw no one but only a big wooden box lying in the middle with other accessories.

Kou Zhong was enlightened and rushed towords it. He opened the box and saw a giant sharp borer inside which weighed at least 50 kilos.

The ship body slightly trembled, which meant that the ship had started off.

With Xu ZIling's help, Kou Zhong took out the borer. Then, they aimed its tip at the floor and started to twist its handle.

Kou Zhong laughed and said :"We could pay them back well If we manage to bore a hole to this ship and sink it."

Xu Ziling said :"Since Yuwen Huaji is the man behind this operation, how can we just stand and watch? When it starts to leak, let's return to the deck and make some noise. That will sabotage their plan of striking the unprepared. We can then jump into the sea for escape, and steal their salt right after that."

They got more exited as they talked, and the borer spun like a wheel. "Plok!" After a moment or two they successfully bore through the wooden boarding.

They hurriedly sprung the borer backwards and put it back to the box. When they carried the box up, the sea water inside the hold had already reached their ankles.

The flagship of Dongming crouched silently at the harbor like a monstrous beast in slumber. Enveloped by utter darkness, four little lonely lanterns floated on the ship, occasionally blinked as the sea wind blowed.

Among those ships at the harbor, most were anchored in the bay while a few were moored to the bank.

The three sails of Seasand Gang quielty traversed between those ships, until they were only about 10 zhang from the flagship.

The ship which was bored through had sunken by a little more than two feet now, yet everyone's attention was focused on the enemy ship, so no one had noticed this unusual behavior.

With bows and fire arrows in their hands, which were distributed to them earlier, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling was hiding at the most darkest place on the deck, waiting anxiously.

Tan Yong gave out his order :"Into the water!"

Eight men in watersuits dived quietly into the water, carrying their chisels with them.

Suddenly someone exclaimed in a low voice:"What's happening! The water line is so high!"

Kou Zhong knew the time had come. He urged Xu Ziling and lit up the fire arrows. Under everyone 's surprised gazes, they shot the arrows towards the giant flagship, drawing out two beautiful fiery curves.

Tan Yong yelled in astonishment :"Are you mad!"

All at once they shouted :"Seasand prevails and Dongming falls! Seasand Gang is striking the unprepared!"

Tan Yong rushed forth and roared furiously :"You two little whelps, again!"

Kou and Xu threw out their bows as projetiles towards Tan Yong and with a somerassault they simultaneously sprung into the water.

The harbor had already broke out in battle. The flagship left the bank and moved northwards, passing behind the two boys who were swimming towards the salt depot.

The two boy ran happily towards the storage room. Upon reaching the entrance, Kou Zhong clutched the lock in his hand and said :"Behold my great internal power!"

"Bah!"
    The lock remained unchanged.

Annoyed, Kou Zhong pull the chain straight and said :"Chop it!"

Xu Ziling shook his head."What if I break this sabre?"

Kou Zhong scolded :"We can buy a new one if you break it, but if we can't get rich we'll be screwed this whole life. Seasand Gang isn't going to do an all out battle every night!"

Xu Ziling chuckled and drew out Kou Zhong's sabre. Mustering all his strength, he chopped it down.

"Clang!"
    The chain was instantly cut open.

They were kind of surprised, but there's no time to think more. Kou Zhong pointed towards the largest sailing boat moored at the back and said :"Go get the boat, I'll carry the salt over."

Never before in their entire life time had they been so delighted as at this moment.

Lying on a mount made of bags of salt, Kou Zhong leisurely bathed in the morning sunshine. Humming the most popular Yangzhou songs, he rejoiced as if he had already been onto Heaven.

Xu Ziling turned his gaze across the seabank on their left and frowned upon the water line which almost reached the deck. "I've warned you not to take so much. Now we don't have room even for sleeping and the ship is about to go down. Just throw away a few bags!"

Kou Zhong immediately sprung up in shock and hug the bags tightly with his body. "These are all shiny silver bars and you are telling me to throw them away? You'd better throw me away instead." He yelled.

Seeing that Xu Ziling did not answered he sat up and laughed. "Xiao Ling you must not get mad at me. Well, when we get ashore for food and clothing, we can see if anyone would pay some good prices for a few bags."

Xu Ziling said angrily :"Selling salt in a salt-rich area? Those who're willling to buy are the same idiots like you. The only difference is you love money more than life while they consider money as dogshit."

Kou Zhong laughed and grabbed Xu Ziling's shoulder, saying :"We're brothers after all, don't be so angry at me! Haha, I may be a little greedy, but I am just planning for our future. We can enjoy a little more if we earn a little more. With money we could even rise an army and join the competition for the throne. Then we could order the execution of Yuwen Huaji to avenge for mum."

He made out a smirk and continued :"Look! What a nice and sturdy boat! Surely it'll be a pleasant journey!"

Xu Ziling left his "embrace" and stepped up the piles of salt bags. Hugging onto his sabre, he stood at the mast and smiled wryly. "Do you know sailing at all? Surely we have no problem under such nice weather. If we come across tidal waves or a storm, don't cry on me when this boat sinks like a rock."

Kou Zhong patted on his own head and pointed towards the sea shore on their left, saying :"My flawless plan had covered all these possibilties. If we ever ran into such bad weather, we can steer it to the left bank. Haha! I was wondering what worried you so much? Turns out to be such silly things!"

Xu Ziling coldly said :"If this boat abruptly hug the shore, it would definitely be smashed into pieces.

Apparently Kou Zhong lost this argument. "How many bags do you want to throw away?"He asked painfully.

"This is not even the biggest problem. As per our route, we will definitely sail past Yangzhou. And you know who will be waiting for us there."Xu Ziling dispiritedly sat down and said.

Kou Zhong revealed a look of realization and laughed. "How can this be a problem? We can sail past Yangzhou overnight to avoid the government ships. When we reach Liyang, we shall sell a small portion of our cargo and transport the rest using mule cart as farthest as we can, thus completing to our mission of getting rich! What a flawless plan you see!"

Xu Ziling did not want to argue anymore. He ignored Kou Zhong and started praticting sabreplay alone.

Kou Zhong watched carefully for a while and drew out his blade, saying :"Let me play with you, mate! You look like an idiot chopping at the air."

Xu Ziling coldly replied :"I'm afraid I may harm you accidentally."

Kou Zhong shouted :"How could you possibly harm me? Watch this attack!"
    The sabre in his hand suddenly drew forth with blazing wind, slicing towards Xu Ziling.

Xu Ziling didn't expect such a powerful move at all. Performing the move "Avoiding the Strong" in Bloody Battle Sabreplay taught by Li Jing, he swiftly dodged sideways and blocked the attack.

The two started to exchanged moves and moves, and soon they even forgot the set moves and both fought with their instincts.

They immersed in the fight itself, completely unaware of the surroundings: The sun that was covered by dark clouds, and the sea wind that blowed harder and harder.

What Xu Ziling worried just now had finally arrived.
    Last edited by xlandhenry; 08-25-12 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks xlandhenry

thanks for the new chapter.

Such a long book may take as long, twice as long, or never to be finished due 2 lack of interested translators [never know when someone may get bored/tired. As such I would like 2 introduce http://www.tenmanga.com/book/THE+LEG...N+DRAGONS.html and see if any1s interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    Such a long book may take as long, twice as long, or never to be finished due 2 lack of interested translators [never know when someone may get bored/tired. As such I would like 2 introduce http://www.tenmanga.com/book/THE+LEG...N+DRAGONS.html and see if any1s interested.

Is it your translation? It's nicely done!

I followed that manga a few years ago(in Chinese of course), but eventually I dropped it cuz I dislike the character visuals. Other than that, it's a good read.

Thanks for the translation xlandhenry

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post

Wow - reminds me of chinese manga years ago (flipped thro for pics only, could not read chinese)

Thks for the translation...