Thread: Links to Completed Translations

Cool Links to Completed Translations

Here are links to novels which have been completely translated. If you know of other completed translations that can be included, please let me know in this thread or via private message. Unless otherwise noted, all translations are classic wuxia stories.

Completed Jin Yong Works.

The Book and The Sword (published version available for purchase)
    Translated by Graham Earnshaw

A Deadly Secret
    Translated by devilz91

The Deer and The Cauldron
    Translated by foxs
    Published versions available for purchase (translated by John Minford):
    Book 1
    Book 2
    Book 3

Demi-gods and Semi-devils
    Translated by Moinllieon, Pacifian

Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain (published version available for purchase)
    Translated by Olivia Mok

Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber
    Translated by Meh, Foxs et al

Legend of the Condor Heroes
    Translated by Moin, Foxs et al

Return of the Condor Heroes
    Translated by Moin, Noodles, Foxs et al

Smiling Proud Wanderer (State of Divinity)
    Translated by Lanny Lin, Pokit, Hhuang
    As pdb file

Sword of Yueh Maiden
    Translated by Anonymous, edited by RelicNT

White Horse Neighing in the Wind
    Translated by Junzi, goobernaculum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Completed Gu Long Works

Borderland Wanderer
    Translated by Bliss et al

The Celebrity
    Translated by Tiger Wong, KangXi, Paul, fastclock

Dragon King with Seven Stars
    Translated by deathblade

The Eleventh Son: Book 1 (Published version)
    Translated by Becky Tai

Flying Eagles in 9th Month
    Translated by Fastclock

A Happy Hero
    Translated by TigerWong, Hoju

Heroes Shed No Tears
    Translated by Deathblade

Horizon, Bright Moon, Sabre
    Translated by Ren Wo Xing, et al

Legendary Siblings
    Translated by Athena, Jean et al

Lu Xiao Feng Series Books 1-7 (complete series)
    Translated by Moin, Jenny, Ren Wo Xing, foxs

Righteous Blood Cleansing the Silver Spear
    Translated by kaister

Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword
    Translated by Meh, Bliss et al

7 Killers
    Translated by Deathblade

7 Weapons series Book 1 Longevity Sword
    Translated by Huang Yao Shi, Fastclock et al

7 Weapons series Book 2 Peacock Feather
    Translated by fastclock

The Sword and Exquisiteness
    Translated by Athena

Sword of the Third Young Master
    Translated by kara, chowbeng, xJadedx, Ren Wo Xing, Darkaos, Justin Lu, Kaister

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Complete works by other authors

Assorted Short Stories by Wen Rui'an
    Translated by whiteskwirl

Kung Fu by Giddens Ko
    Translated by Deathblade
    Genre: Horror, Comedy, Martial Arts, Wuxia
    Note: This is not a pure wuxia story. It takes place in modern times, and is about a boy who learns martial arts from a mysterious old man. It has multiple references to the works of Jin Yong and Gu Long.

Legend of the White Haired Maiden by Liang Yusheng
    Translated by faerie queene and foxs

A Step Into the Past by Huang Yi
    Translated by Jean, slyphiad, Justin 13
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-04-15 at 11:41 PM.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Probably the best translation on this forum (quality-wise): A Deadly Secret by devilz91

Also Xia Ke Xing (Ode to Gallantry) is complete, in three separate threads: To chapter 10, more of chapter 10, and from chapter 10 to end.
    Last edited by whiteskwirl; 04-21-15 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteskwirl View Post
    Probably the best translation on this forum (quality-wise): A Deadly Secret by devilz91

Also Xia Ke Xing (Ode to Gallantry) is complete, in three separate threads: To chapter 10, more of chapter 10, and from chapter 10 to end.
    Thanks. Hmm, I think I will put all of those into a single thread.

Also, is there an unabridged thread of Demi-gods and Semi-devils? Or is it all split up... Does anyone know?

Deathblade, kudos on your effort to compile this long-overdue list. I have several notes for you:

1. I would suggest you also list the unabridged thread (if available); for example, I have Lu Xiaofeng books 1 thru 7 (unabridged).

2. Sword of Yueh Maiden. Some of the older works used to be available at wuxiapedia.com, sadly, last I checked, its gone. I happen to have a copy that I downloaded a long time ago, but there is no information on the translator. Perhaps someone out there knows how to contact the owner/administrator? I know that a number of spcnetters are (were) also active there. Ren Wo Xing, can you help?

3. I did not see Huang Yis Step Into The Past, as well as a number of short stories translated by Whiteskwirl. John, perhaps you could compile the list and send it to Deathblade?

4. I remember Whiteskwirl and Grundle have another wuxia site, cant remember the exact name, since I have been so busy lately and did not have as much time as I like to check other wuxia sites (wuxiasociety is another one that pops into my mind). What I am trying to say is: while its good to have multiple sites, IMHO, it will be better to collaborate in sharing resources rather than competing against each other.

5. I like what you did in the ongoing thread, i.e. add the genre info, so that the newer generation readers who are not looking for traditional wuxia will be able to see it immediately. (Although I realize that so far, all completed works are wuxia.)

Side note: Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan, I prefer to use Legend instead of History, since it is not real historical record. Besides, we usually translate zhuan as legend anyway (She Diao Yingxiong Zhuan came to mind), versus shi for history.

Oh, and my pdf links are inactive. I moved away from Phoenix, Arizona back in 2011 and had to chance ISP, and havent had the time to migrate to the new one. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post

3. I did not see Huang Yis Step Into The Past, as well as a number of short stories translated by Whiteskwirl. John, perhaps you could compile the list and send it to Deathblade?

4. I remember Whiteskwirl and Grundle have another wuxia site, cant remember the exact name, since I have been so busy lately and did not have as much time as I like to check other wuxia sites (wuxiasociety is another one that pops into my mind). What I am trying to say is: while its good to have multiple sites, IMHO, it will be better to collaborate in sharing resources rather than competing against each other.

Most of those stories are gone now because I took the forum, Among the Rivers and Lakes, down. I wish spcnet could implement some of the stuff I did there because it was by far the best-looking and best-organized wuxia forum there's ever been. had tags for completed, ongoing, and abandoned threads, up-to-date index, custom bbcode for making footnotes that you could click on it would take you to the note, etc. But it never gained much attention, and when it was time to pay for the server again I didn't have the money at that time to justify the cost given how little activity there was there, so I took it down. (BTW, and this may seem petty, but it was my site, Grundle I recruited as a mod, but he only posted some of your and lanny's translations. The site design, custom bbcode, all site administration and all costs were all me.) It would have been a glorious community but for whatever reason people didn't pay it much attention, and I advertised it all over the place. I created it when wuxiasociety went down. Now there is a different wuxiasociety, but it is even less active than my site was. Now really there's just spcnet, and it has been overrun with xianxia, and even RWX doesn't even post his work here anymore. Pretty sad.

I still have all my short story translations in a backup file on my computer, I just haven't dug them out to repost them. So they can be considered gone for the time being. I really should dig up the Cang Yue novella, it's the only complete translation of her work in English, which also makes it the only wuxia translation from a female writer. Story was average, though.

I do still have two Wen Rui'an short stories up, here: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...n#.VTmjF9KqpBc.

Sword of the Yue Maiden can be found here: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...s#.VTmixtKqpBc

Thanks for the input, guys. I already made all the changes. Please let me know if I'm missing anything, including translator credits.

The Book and Sword translation is available online: http://www.millionbook.net/wx/j/jing...jee/index.html

The Book and Sword translation is available online: http://www.millionbook.net/wx/j/jing...jee/index.html
    I don't think it's cool to link to a pirated copy of a legit published translation...

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    I don't think it's cool to link to a pirated copy of a legit published translation...
    Okay, doesn't matter to me, just pointing it out. Yet Foxs' translation of Deer and the Cauldron is linked to. Sure, it's a different translation, but it would certainly dissuade anyone from purchasing the legitimate copies. Then again, none of these translations here are legit.

EDIT: Here is a preview of the book from Earnshaw's own website: http://www.earnshaw.com/book/the-book-and-the-sword

At least people can get a sense of what it's like since Amazon doesn't have a preview for this book for some reason.
    Last edited by whiteskwirl; 04-25-15 at 02:58 AM.

Most of those stories are gone now because I took the forum, Among the Rivers and Lakes, down. I wish spcnet could implement some of the stuff I did there because it was by far the best-looking and best-organized wuxia forum there's ever been. had tags for completed, ongoing, and abandoned threads, up-to-date index, custom bbcode for making footnotes that you could click on it would take you to the note, etc. But it never gained much attention, and when it was time to pay for the server again I didn't have the money at that time to justify the cost given how little activity there was there, so I took it down. (BTW, and this may seem petty, but it was my site, Grundle I recruited as a mod, but he only posted some of your and lanny's translations. The site design, custom bbcode, all site administration and all costs were all me.) It would have been a glorious community but for whatever reason people didn't pay it much attention, and I advertised it all over the place. I created it when wuxiasociety went down. Now there is a different wuxiasociety, but it is even less active than my site was. Now really there's just spcnet, and it has been overrun with xianxia, and even RWX doesn't even post his work here anymore. Pretty sad.

I still have all my short story translations in a backup file on my computer, I just haven't dug them out to repost them. So they can be considered gone for the time being. I really should dig up the Cang Yue novella, it's the only complete translation of her work in English, which also makes it the only wuxia translation from a female writer. Story was average, though.

I do still have two Wen Rui'an short stories up, here: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...n#.VTmjF9KqpBc.

Sword of the Yue Maiden can be found here: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...s#.VTmixtKqpBc
    Actually, Coiling Dragon is still updated on the unabridged thread here!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

FYI - I actually have reached out to the wuxiapedia guys, but they have been a bit slow to respond, alas...
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I would suggest you try Lawrence Watt-Evans' Ethshar series.

Demi-Gog Semi-Devils is not completed yet, still need chapter 44+

For anyone I interested, Minford's translation of 鹿鼎记 (Deer and Cauldron) is going to be re-released as a box-set on the 24th of May.