Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

the most interesting character is mimi, followed by christy- the least interesting is alice, her character you can see right thru within seconds. davids character is com

as far as andrew? hes one of those accidental heroes... like the monk in demi gods semi devils and that dude from legend of condor heroes,. only andrew's acting is as stiff as a board
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

I wanted no one to pair except Lawrence and that lady he ended up with and Michelle and Ken. Mimi didn't deserve Lawrence, David didn't deserve Mimi, and Andrew didn't deserve anyone.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by Withoutasol
    as far as andrew? hes one of those accidental heroes... like the monk in demi gods semi devils and that dude from legend of condor heroes,. only andrew's acting is as stiff as a board
    Fong Siu Nam(Andrew) cannot be compared to Kwok Jing(dude from LOCH). Kwok Jing has honour, principle, intergrity and a backbone while Fong Siu Nam has none of those.

Originally posted by kidd
    Fong Siu Nam(Andrew) cannot be compared to Kwok Jing(dude from LOCH). Kwok Jing has honour, principle, intergrity and a backbone while Fong Siu Nam has none of those.
    Yeah, and he's got no brains either! FSN strikes me as the type that is pretty short-sighted and indecisive, which are not any heroic qualities.

Zhang Wu Ji (guy from HSDS) at least had some heroic qualities despite being incredibily indecisive.

FSN is so dull a character that he is uninteresting and annoying for me on screen. It was teh first time I saw Andrew act and boy, was I shocked! Later on when I watched otjer ATV series, I found out that Andrew in fact could act but it was just that FSN was too dullly scripted to have any life in it.

TSIR seems to be a series that is dominated by the females, and most of the male characters are either useless (FSN + monk), dead (CTX) or don't appear much on screen (LX + WTC).
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Hey ya sorrow

I'm with you. At first I thought that Mimi and Lawrence were cute togehter and I watned them to pair, but it was obvious taht wasn't going to happen. But when she blinded him, I was so mad!!!! Lawrence's character was so cute and loyal!!! I love him I liked him with his pairing though. She was so devoted to him. Didn't like how she was playing with him at first though, but she really loved him later on

I really don't think that Andrew "loved" Kristy. He might have liked her, but it wasn't love. Alice was the one he loved and wanted to be with. He told her that, yet his actions was a bit off......
    Hey goddessofhonour!

Yeah the girl with the scarred face was really sweet to him. She only used him at first because she didn't trust him. Which is normal because if I remember correctly she was hurt or cheated by someone. LAter when she realized he was a good man she fell in love with him.

According to what I remember he loved Kristy and Alice (maybe alice a little more), which is why he was indecisive. He didn't deserve Kristy though. I felt he was better off with Alice. They're both useless! hahaha....
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

Hey there everyone!!!!! Lol, so many more replies!!!

Andrew isn't a bad actor, its just he wasn't good in TSIR. Some of his more recent series, he acts very well. Mama, I Love You is an example. Even better is he stars with Alice again

charbydis, is the monk's name Ken? If so I wanted for him and Michelle togehter. They had such a cute and sweet relationship. It stinked how they didn't end.

Why couldn't Lawrence have gotten more scenes? So wanted more with him!!! hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

wow, it's been so long since I watched this serie, don't remember much about the it. But the one part I'll never forget is when that one girl pretend she is all nice and was petting the rabbit she is holding but when the dude who was watching over her left, she went and broke the rabbit's leg or killed it.

Hey there sailorpupz Can't remember this exact scene, but after thinking a bit I remember it vaugley. I think the girl was Mimi and the guy looking over here was either David or Norman.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Banned

Got a question: Any1 here watch this series remember correctly help me.
    OK The girl that love Lawrence (the blind guy), after he die, she want to get revenge on Mimi. But she end up meeting this guy, the one that lost his memory, the one with his face half cover. Was it Norman?
    Well, anyways, she keep lie to him about his past so he can show her his Kung Fu. But there was a part when she was injure, she say that she lie to him is because she feel lonely and he is like lonely too, so she lie to keep him with her and she don't want him to leave. Umm!! I was wondering, it is possible for she to like that guy after Lawrence die? Or was it just like a lonely feeling and she to have someone around her.

Hey there Question For your question. Yup, that guy that Lai Suk Ying met afterwards is Norman. To me I felt that she loves Lawrence untill the end, but Norman was like a close friend/companion. One that she has never had before. It isn't really love love, but a friendly love. There was one time though that I felt she might have fallen for him. I did however feel that he liked her
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Banned

I get the feelings she loves him at some point, I guess she feel lonely after Lawrence die, I get that ideas cause when they fight with Mimi and she get injure and she confess to him that she lie because she doesn't want him to leave her, well!! I guess after all it like a friendship love then.
    I feel sad for both Norman and that girl (Bonnie Lai) they both rather have sad life and their life been destroy by Mimi.
    Didn't I ask this before, but hey goddess, you think at once point David love Mimi? Seem at the end when she die, he carry her, seem like he does love her though.
    Goddess, you watch the Swordsman? It come out like a year before The Snow is Red, I thought that series was better, you happen to see it? It has Damian Lau in it.

Hey there Question

Yeah, I think between Norman and Bonnie (so thats her english name huh? cute) there was more of a friendship love above all. Her ending really made me confirm the love she had for Lawrence would never end and always reign above everything you know? How even till her death she just wanted to see him one last time and her mind was so set on it that she thought Andrew was him. Very touched

I have always thought that David loved Mimi, its just he felt the love was forbidden and didn't except it. Throughout all the years of him in "hidding" and even till the point where he sorta shows as if he doesn't love her, I feel as if he does. Their ending of him carrying her away showed more that he did love her. They just weren't fated with one another.

I am quite annoyed with Mimi. She really ruined a lot of people's lifes with her own selfishness.

Hehe, I saw your thread on the Swordsman, but I haven't seen it. What is the story like? Lol, maybe I should pop into the thread to ask this question. Anyways if its quite good then I might think about renting it. Since I really like Deric Wan as well
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Is this series release on VCD yet?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Banned

This is what series I talk about call The Swordsman
    Pic, it was release in Viet, I guess there tapes in Chinese too, it old though, back in 1996

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.saigoncd.com/Gif/Prod_B/7011.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.saigoncd.com/Gif/Prod_B/7008.jpg')

Just to spoil, heheh Deric Wan die, you might want to think before you rent it lolz!! The Deric am talking about is the Deric in My Date with a Vampire Deric, not the Deric in TVB that date Sonija Kwok, heheh!!

Well he has the most saddest character. He die, which was very touch, it good to me, way better then the Snow is Red, you might want to give it a try.

Banned

It is already release in Madarine, China version,
    here the poster of the Snow is Red, if you want to order, it in YesAsia.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/94/l_p1002982694.jpg')

Here the link to Order
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...c/version-all/

Originally posted by Question

Just to spoil, heheh Deric Wan die, you might want to think before you rent it lolz!! The Deric am talking about is the Deric in My Date with a Vampire Deric, not the Deric in TVB that date Sonija Kwok, heheh!!

Well he has the most saddest character. He die, which was very touch, it good to me, way better then the Snow is Red, you might want to give it a try.
    That's Eric Wan!!!
    No offense, but can't stand Kristy and Norman together!!!
    They have little chemistry as a couple. At least Damian and Kristy had some.
    Last edited by charbydis; 08-28-04 at 03:14 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Thanks for posting the posters Question Hmmmm....the name of this serie really sounds familiar to me!!! But I'm sure I haven't seen it. ^_^ Will see about renting or not

So Norman pairs with Kristy? I don't like that idea. Lol, I just got used to thinking about Kristy with Damain!! Anyways so Damian pairs with Erica Choi right? Lol, hopefully I got her name right!!

Lol, back to The Snow is Red!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I'm watching this series now and I've finished the first 2 discs. So far, it's okay. It's nice to see David Chiang, Eddy Ko, and Norman Tsui in it.

what's the name of the actress who used the whip as the weapon and have a scarred face? her last name was 'lai'.

she also in atv's 1990's 'interpol'.

I wished there were more screen time of her and lawrence yan chi keung (the blind man) in this series as a couple and in other series.

There is a website created by lawrence yan's fans devoted only about him.
    did anyone visit it?

I've finished the first 7 discs already and when I started disc 8, I noticed something strange. On disc 7, it left off with the blind guy and the girl wit the whip. And on disc 8, it shows Siu Fung in a group and the the girl with a whip gots a grown up daughter! I have a feeling the vcds I'm watching have been cut severly since there are only 14 discs. Did anyone have this same problem?