Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

Yea... i think the blind man shouldnt have died and deservse more screening time. Whatever happens to the girl with the wip? I think David already knew when Mimi was lil that she was gonna become a bad girl tahts home come he never taught her kung fu. But i like how they constructed the whole story. It all went together except the ending...

i didn't like any 'man' in this film, even lawrence. i will never get why he still thinks he's teacher is all good when David slept with Mimi, got her pregnate, locked her up during her pregnancy and took away her babies. he didn't treat her like a human being at all. and Lawrence respected him for it.

name one man that is deserving of the women in this film? even the monk choose to harm his beloved then let her defend herself. and i actually mean defend. yes she couldn't let her hatred go, but neither could those so called good sects. wat makes them so different?

this is one of the most injust film i have ever seen. i was rooting for the bad 'girl's' all the way.

all those 'good' people can go to hell.

that was also one of Andrew's redeeming feature, he didn't see Kristy as evil because she was a good person even if she was in the evil sect. he judges people on their deeds not their background.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash1028
    Yea... i think the blind man shouldnt have died and deservse more screening time. Whatever happens to the girl with the wip? I think David already knew when Mimi was lil that she was gonna become a bad girl tahts home come he never taught her kung fu. But i like how they constructed the whole story. It all went together except the ending...

I agreed with you that the actor named "lawrence Yan"(yan,Chi-Keung) who played the blind man with a good heart should have more screen time.
    this is the first atv series I noticed him.
    he also starred in ATV's 1990's version--"heroic legend of the yang famy" as the red-uniformed martial arts officer ---the character who was the righthanded man of justice bao (Judge bao qian tian).

ATV's 1990's version of "heroic legend of the yang family" is released in mandarin dubbed-language version on VCDs boxset available for purchase.

also ATV's 1990's version of "justice bao (judge bao qian tian)" is also released on VCDs boxsets for purchase on-line.

decided to join this :] the blind guy, i think i saw him in another series. he acted as a king; but his costums were FUGLY.

anyways.... i saw this series too!! i <33 it even tho the beginning kind of dragged on. i liked how the sisters "eventually" find their ways back to eachother, but i hated that ONE guy, who can`t REALLY fight & just get both girls attention. i mean come on!!! and he totally ignored kristy, i liked kristy she`s pretty <33 alice. too crybaby fer mee.

*& the three-side characters, with their love triangle. they were hilarious but sad; the one where the girl, loved the guy who loved kristy & they had an arranged marriage, but the younger brother liked the girl. <33 cuute. but the older brother; who likes kristy dies. :[ anyways. lol;

i thought, some parts were bad & some were good
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

This may sound rather dumb but is this like one of the last wuxia series to come from ATV? I haven't really seen any wuxia from them in a while.

not really suureeee . . . [: im gonna go rewatch this series. it's been a while. it's collecting dust in my closet. lol
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Can the person who asked me for the themesong of this series last time PM me again? Sorry, I don't remember who liao.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Does anyone has the full version of the subtheme song sung by Andrew Yuen?

in my opinion, I think this series doesn't get anywhere especially the triangle love btw three younger generation. also have stupid ending too.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

Ya, I started to like Kristy from this series coz she's really beautiful in here. And her costume is especially gorgeous.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by GIgis
    in my opinion, I think this series doesn't get anywhere especially the triangle love btw three younger generation. also have stupid ending too.
    doesnn't matter cos this isnn't a romance series ......it's more of a wuxia or adventure!

I remember watching this many years ago. I was rooting for Mimi instead of the "good guys". What a bunch of hypocrites they were.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    I was rooting for Mimi instead of the "good guys".
    that weird!

Do u guys know that Kristy's character's name, Gong Suet, means 'Red Snow'?

So, the English title of the series is about her.

Who ever thought up the english title must love Mui Gong Suet (Kristy Yang).

Alice Chan's character's name, Yuen Seung, means 'Black Frost'.

'yuen' also has another meaning. It can also mean 'mysterious' or 'profound'.

the love triangle at the end sucked, but what i love about the series is that it dealt with taboos- the teacher student forbidden love, and hwo the lines between good and evil are blurred becasue the good always seems to use righteousness to back their own hidden agenda.

I love the complexity of the characters.

The monk chosing between his love of his wife or what he thoguht was the right thing to do. My heart broke when the monk ultimately sacrificed his own wife for what he thought was right.

Mai Suet's character not being able to let go of the past, avenge her father or keep her family together- well its not liek those self righteous good sects would let her live anyways.

The parent teacher forbidden love.

Mimi using suitors to her advantage.

Kristy Yang's choice not to reveal her identity to mimi.

The most borign characters would have to be the protagonist and and kristy's sister, how narrow and boring could they be? Very.

I love how the fight scenes are more physical versus shaking the camera and cartoon effects.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

Question Question pls help me.=)

Does n1 know whr i can find the ending theme song for the movie the snow is red? i already try the given website but it didnt work. if u know pls email me my email address is [email protected]. thx first=).

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    i just finished watching my 22 vcd version of "the snow is red"

got a couple of questions...

1. kristy got pregnant? she slept with the main character? i don't recall seeing this...

2. there is no mention of any relationship between mai shuet and the monk....chapter 1 already starts off with mai shuet running away with her daughter (mimi kung)

please help me out...thanks
    Kristy got pregnant when she go drunk and slept with the main character, they didnt show this but they only show the shadow of the two of them doing it just a small part and was very short. I think that guy who is the main character is a real bastard to Kristy and she is way too good for him. my opion that she desere a better guy.=)

Question Kristy Yang Fan.

If n1 who is a Kristy Yang Fan and want to talk about her movie or anything like that so im me at yahoo kimmi_108 or aim kml810.pls do not take this the wrong way. i just wanna meet new people who like Kristy movie or asian movie, cuz none of my friend here in ohio like them it suck so bad.

did you guys noticed that the bald monk ( who is mimi's husband) was Xiong Ge in Dou yu/ outsidres?...i was so surprised wen i found out...

Default OPENING THEME FOR SNOW IS RED