Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

Default The Snow is Red

this is an old series, but neways
    i loved this series from the first time i watched it. and b'coz it was so gud, my dad taped it and i get to watch it wenever.
    i loved kristy's character the most out of all the characters.
    i was just wondering, was the main character Mimi or Kristy, but i get the feeling that it was more likely Mimi.
    I felt so sry for her character, i cried so badly wen she died.
    actually, besides kristy and mimi, i think i hated every other character, they were so stupid one way or another. but i recks the most unless person of all was alice chan's character.
    all she did was cry and whimper and didn't have mush of an importance, excpet to whimper to andrew and cause pain for kristy.
    kristy had realli nice costumes for this series, and she had a really nice hair do as well.
    i kinda hated the ending, coz kristy was by herself with her father, but then i was kinda satisfied with the ending, coz andrew's character was so useless, and he didn't deserve sum1 like kristy. he was so irresponsible as well, esp after he got kristy pregnant.
    even if he didn't noe she was pregenant, he could have done sumfing, coz he did sleep with her, and that he knew.

nehows, the series was realli gud, even though i have SO MANY complaints about it. the complaints can go on for pages and pages, but i won't say much.
    its weird though how i can love the series so much, but at the same time have so many complaints about it.... hm...
    ah wells... =] =p
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

I was not very satisfied with the ending because at the last minute they showed Andrew and Alice went after Kristy and her dad. If they catch up with Kristy, the love triangle will just continue and cause Kristy more pain. These two should just stay out of Kristy's life so that she can meet new people and find new love. With Andrew out of sight, Kristy will be able to develope new relationship more easily.
    They should just showed Kristy left with her dad and then straight to the rainbow scene.

BTW, I think the main character is Mimi. The whole series is about Mimi's life journey and the relationship between her and her teacher.

i agree with u, i recks it was a bad idea for andrew and alice to go looking for kristy.. evil ppl these days!

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

maybe he changed his mind and wanted to be with both girls....

maybe he changed his mind and wanted to be with both girls....
    That's not good either. Kong Suet (Kristy) deserved a better man.

I think this martial art wuxia style series is the best from ATV for a long time.

The music is good the charactor development is there... and the girls are pretty

What more can you ask
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I have always wonder, what actually does the sect formed by Mimi Kung do? How did they get money to support the sect?

Nice serial.

I feel the most for Kristy's character, then followed by Mimi Kung's.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Originally posted by kidd
    I have always wonder, what actually does the sect formed by Mimi Kung do? How did they get money to support the sect?
    the sect mimi formed was one that her grandfather formed years ago, until it died out by de 'traitor' dude. she created another one and called it by the same name (well sumtymes it was called ming yeuk - but others it was called the original name).

n how they get money... dun we all wonder for every martial arts series???? its always the same... no one realli explains that stuff, coz its just too complicated and unnessesary i guess....

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

the sect mimi formed was one that her grandfather formed years ago, until it died out by de 'traitor' dude. she created another one and called it by the same name (well sumtymes it was called ming yeuk - but others it was called the original name).
    Yeah, I know that. But the sect still didn't do anything except trying to destroy the 'good' sect again and again. They didn't show the sect members worship certain gods or practice certain black magic or weird martial art etc. They don't have they own identity. What attracted members to it?

The other sects, even though we are of unsure where their money came from, we still know what they do. Like Shoulin, they practice Bhuddist teaching, Wah Shan, they practice a special kind of sword martial art, 5 poison sect, they make poisons, Beggers Union, they take care of the welfare of beggers as well as fighting for justice.

I liked "The Snow is Red", 1 of my faves... the only thing I didn't like about it is the love triangle between the twins & that dude. Geez, Kristy's character SO deserves better! Why did she even like him? & like dude, he slept with her, if he didn't like her then why did he do that?! Pig! Oh & also I got a bit of annoyed at the end when the other girl's dubbed voice changed. Really annoying, she sound like some old lady. Tisk tisk.

i fink he slept wif her coz of the wine --- drug influence.....
    but still, he knew about it, but he should have taken more responsibilty over it than just make her leave her sect n that's it..... he's so stupid u just want to hit him across the head!!!! arghhhh!!!!

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Well he didn't look THAT drink, punk just wanted to get laid that night. Tisk tisk, ah- I hate his character! So draggy!

what's the name of the pretty actress who used the whip as a weapon and as the girlfriend of the blind man (lawrence yan chi keung)?

I don't why she isn't promoted as much in leading roles as other ATV actresses such as so-so looking alice chan wai or bad looking evonne yung hung?

i like that actress too- she was good in this series

she also was excellent in "vampire expert 2"

that series was sooooooo funny
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

what's the name of the pretty actress who used the whip as a weapon and as the girlfriend of the blind man (lawrence yan chi keung)?
    Her name is Lai Suk Yin. I think she's not promoted because she later got pregnant with child out of wedlock (I think she married the guy already now). The guy is Yu Wing Kwong who played the Mimi Kung's father in the The Snow is Red.

Originally posted by kidd
    think of it like all "underworld organisations' - anything from exhortion to other forms of subtle "baddy" jobs to earn money. they dont show it cos its boring. we expect all sects to grow moneys on trees. the good sects depended on charity i suppose......

This is a very good series. only one part really p*** me off.
    At the end when 'David' refused to acknowledge 'Mimi' was very sad. To me, he is a coward and a arrogant sob. If he can make her pregnant, then he should acknowledge her.
    Also, 'Mimi' became cruel and murderous due to her Sifu 'David' and the other so call righteous heros who so relentlessly tried to kill her.
    Her Sifu 'David' is responsible for the tragedy.

** Come to the translator's appreciation thread(at Wuxia translation lounge) to post your appreciation **
    Last edited by Thor; 08-13-03 at 11:35 PM.

Originally posted by earth4477

I don't why she isn't promoted as much in leading roles as other ATV actresses such as so-so looking alice chan wai or bad looking evonne yung hung?
    Yeah, she was in that serial "Coincidentally". Ah, good series.

hi. this is a very good serial. i have a question but i'm not sure if it has already been answered; i'm too lazy to read lol. um whats the evil girls real name? the one who bore the twins. and whats the evil girls daughters name? the daughter who played the flute. i think her vietnamese name in the movie was mai yan tuyet.