Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Its funny how sum of u place the blame more on LSY door then LY.
    Please, only me and charbydis have ever tried to say something nice and see things from the POV of LY. Everyone else sided with LSY and blame LY. Nothing funny about it. We just able to see things from other point instead of just love love love love love. Many people see series now with a modern POV, love above all. I don't place the blame more on LSY. I just said more in defense of LY because Guo Xiang was talking like he was the jerkest and worst person in the series.

Well, you always sided with the ladies (seeing how you wanted Kam Sai Wan to suffer guilt his whole life).
    Last edited by kidd; 09-29-07 at 04:43 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Wink

No matter how they came about to consumate their relationship, they did have a relationship. when LSY fell pregnate, she was estatic, she thought it would bring LY and her closer, but it didn't. wat did he do?

tried to distance himself because he loves her? i doubt it. he kept her locked up in a shack, alone. would anyone in their rite mind do that to a pregnate woman?

there was no love involved in his treatment of her, he viewed her as a future treat to the wulin world and treated her as thus.

until the very end, when she asked him if he had any feelings for her, he's answer was the same as it was all those years before. No.

never onced in the film did he ever show any sign of having any feelings for LSY, i for one, felt that he was simply waiting for her to turn bad or to die off.
    He didn't lock her up because she was pregnant, he locked her up cos she was practising evil martial arts and wanted to avenge her mother by killing the whole of wu lin! He had to keep her locked up so she wouldn't go out to practise martial arts so she still had a way to turn back instead of going all the way to be hunted down by the wu lin.

He didn't want to accept himself loving her, but it wasn't because he thought she was evil or something, it was because she was his junior and he felt it was incest. Never in the series did he say that he didn't accept LSF because she was evil.

He only started to see her as a threat to wulin after he came out of meditation and she was practising the Seven Blade Comb cos she was killing all these birds and wildlife in a cruel way. Before, he knew that she had deep hatred implanted into her head by her mother cos when she first arrived, she was always looking at her mthers' sword hung on his wall, but he still tried to help her by teaching her morality instead of martial arts and being a good role model. As long as he knew that there was hatred in her heart, he would not teach her martial arts. Him threatening to kill her was just to make sure she knew he meant it and the seriousness of the matter. If he had always viewed her as a future threat right from the beginning, then he would have not saved her time and time again and taken her home with her and just let the other dudes kill her off when her mum died.

LY's love for LSF is proved by when he goes out in the rain to look for her. He shouted for her but his voice was not angry or frustrated. It was of care and concern. And he didn't yell at her afterwards either so he wasn't worried that she was going to go out and kill people. His icy treatment of her was to stop giving LSF false hope and also to stop hs own feelings from being shown. He feels bad for yelling at her but that is the only way he can think of to control himself and her.

As for me siding with LY, you can flip back to previous pages and you will find messages that i don't like LY very much and feel like punching him for saying no LSF when she died. But that was years ago and my thoughts have matured and changed. I don't agree with 100% with what LY does, but on a degree, I have become to understand more form his POV.

I still feel like punching LY for his lack of words when LSF died but on rewatching the series 3 years later today, I find that John shows very good acting of LY subtle feelings for LSF and that although he said nothing, him rushing to hold her when she fell made LSF understand his feelings in a way. If you do have the time to rewatch TSIR, pay closer attention to John's eyes and facial expression. Whenever LSF is mentioned or appears, his eyes first appears soft and longing then he turns cold and icy which shows LY constant hiding his care for LSF which was probably why he turned to wood carving in the first place. There's only probably two instances that LY failed to control his feelings for LSF and one was when they had sex and one was when she died. Him saying no to her at the end was done through lots of pain and hesitation, it wasn't automatic deu to hate and he couldn't look her in the eye.
    Last edited by charbydis; 09-29-07 at 01:53 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

point taken. i'll go rewatch the series. i never really got the feeling that he loved her, maybe like Kidd says, i'm bias towards the womenfolk.

i never noticed the subtle hints that John showed. i'll go rewatch.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

He only started to see her as a threat to wulin after he came out of meditation and she was practising the Seven Blade Comb cos she was killing all these birds and wildlife in a cruel way. Before, he knew that she had deep hatred implanted into her head by her mother cos when she first arrived, she was always looking at her mthers' sword hung on his wall, but he still tried to help her by teaching her morality instead of martial arts and being a good role model.
    point taken. i'll go rewatch the series. i never really got the feeling that he loved her, maybe like Kidd says, i'm bias towards the womenfolk.

i never noticed the subtle hints that John showed. i'll go rewatch.
    Yes. Now I remember that part.

I never noticed the hints too.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hey! from what I remember, LSF wasn't trying to take advantage of her poisoned master, she was trying to warm him up by rubbing him. Then he gave in and hugged her to which she felt surprised! It is this surprise which leads me to believe that she was innocently trying to keep him warm and not intent on forcing into bed.
    I did remember that he tried to push her away in the beginning before he gave in. Yeah, maybe her intention was really innocent, just trying to warm LY up. But, I still maintain that he did try to push her away in the beginning. This is important to show that he did not take advantage of her.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I did remember that he tried to push her away in the beginning before he gave in. Yeah, maybe her intention was really innocent, just trying to warm LY up. But, I still maintain that he did try to push her away in the beginning. This is important to show that he did not take advantage of her.
    Yah! I think the series tried to show that LY tried very hard to fight it but was overcome emotionally and physically. The act was consensual and an expression of their feelings for each other, which LSF repeatedly says. LY didn;t take advantage of LSF but in his own mind, he blamed himself because he was the master and the adult, he should have controlled himself not to engage in such an act with hsi junior who was immature in thoughts.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

rewatched the film, only the parts with LY and LSF. now that i'm older and less bias, i do see his feelings for her, its very subtle but its there and sumhow, it makes it so deep that i feel sorry for him.

mind you, i still don't think what he did was rite, but from his pov, i get it. there are alot of 'wat if's' in their relationship and i wished one of those would actually happen.

this couple just bounced up to 1st spot for couples i want to root for in TSIR. though i'm not to sure if i am happy with the ending or not, i don't think by the end LSF deserved happiness but then she really does love him and he her...oh the agony.

rewatched the film, only the parts with LY and LSF. now that i'm older and less bias, i do see his feelings for her, its very subtle but its there and sumhow, it makes it so deep that i feel sorry for him.

mind you, i still don't think what he did was rite, but from his pov, i get it. there are alot of 'wat if's' in their relationship and i wished one of those would actually happen.

this couple just bounced up to 1st spot for couples i want to root for in TSIR. though i'm not to sure if i am happy with the ending or not, i don't think by the end LSF deserved happiness but then she really does love him and he her...oh the agony.
    Why TSIR is so attractive to audiences is the complexities of teh relationships, and the LY vs LSF relationships at the heart of it all. it is like love that exists and doesn't exists at the same time, it is controversial and has two sides and it would always be debatable and woudl make the audience think. That's why this thread is revived time and time again every few years because those who have watched it cant; get it out of their minds. There are always unanswered or unanswerable questions.

Wow! You were quick to rewatch? I am rewatching too! I am currently up to ep 6 of the edited version (Grrr....)! I think Lawrence is getting more attractive by the episode!
    Cyril Connolly

Why TSIR is so attractive to audiences is the complexities of teh relationships, and the LY vs LSF relationships at the heart of it all. it is like love that exists and doesn't exists at the same time, it is controversial and has two sides and it would always be debatable and woudl make the audience think. That's why this thread is revived time and time again every few years because those who have watched it cant; get it out of their minds. There are always unanswered or unanswerable questions.

Wow! You were quick to rewatch? I am rewatching too! I am currently up to ep 6 of the edited version (Grrr....)! I think Lawrence is getting more attractive by the episode!
    Nice to see you're finding Lawerence Yan attractive too. I loved his pairing with that girl. I liked his hair and brown outfit after he became blind and was carrying baby Xuan Shuang. Too bad his character didn't last long in the series. They were my favorite couple out of the series. All the third generation and 2nd generation wasn't as interesting.

What is TSIR? I'm so confused with all these abbreviations.

Xiao Feng in pinyin sounds like Qiao Feng/Xiao Feng (DGSD).
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I find that young people will usually hate LY and side with LSF in this series while older one will understand LY more. I'm no different. Actually when I first watch The Snow Is Red, I also thought LY should just live happily ever after with LSF in his own secluded home. No one will know it it. He does need to care about trandition or what others think. Only later I understood that he could not do that because to him it's plain wrong (like incest). It's not about trandition. It's about right and wrong. The most telling indication is at the end when LSF asked him why (if given a chance to choose again he will still choose the same path i.e. refuse to reconcial their love). He said 'the tao does not allow it' or something to that effect.

I think CTS and YUF (Yu Un Far) were the most dedicated and loving couple in the series. They stuck by each other and were willing to die for each other. CTS was able to say to people that YUH was his wife even though she wasn't from an orthodox clan without being worried about judgement from other people. They accepted each other despite each other's disabilities or appearance and they bonded from the hearteven though they spent little time together.

One thing that i would never forgive LSF for is letting MTS die beside YUF's grave. If YUF needed to be buried with anyone, it should be CTS. Why on earth is MTS there? They aren't even a couple even though they enjoy each other's company. MTS annoys me heaps cos he always leeches on to YUF cos in my mind, YUH is CTS's! Maybe MTS has a crush on her or something but still, I hate them being buried together. I hope MGS, CYS and FSN dig them up and rebury her with CTS!
    Cyril Connolly

Again Charby, you confuse me with these abbreviations who is MTS?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Again Charby, you confuse me with these abbreviations who is MTS?
    MTS is Man Tin Shing (Wan Tian Cheng) played by Norman Tsui, who is the best friend of Luo Xuan but really really hated evil people. He's the one who had the hots for Xiao Feng, and then when he lost his memory, started having a crush on Yu Ying Hua (Bonnie Lai, Tian Sheung's wife, the girl with the whip). MTS challended Xiao Feng at YYH's grave and she killed kill there and exploded him along with teh grave, making them buried together!
    Last edited by charbydis; 10-04-07 at 02:49 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

i don't remember any of that. i should start watching scene by scene then.

last time i rewatched i only rewatched the scenes between LY and LSF.

and that one scene when Kristy's character finds out that she's LSF daughter, when she went to cry by herself. that scene was sad, and very well done. i loved tat song.

MTS is Man Tin Shing (Wan Tian Cheng) played by Norman Tsui, who is the best friend of Luo Xuan but really really hated evil people. He's the one who had the hots for Xiao Feng, and then when he lost his memory, started having a crush on Yu Ying Hua (Bonnie Lai). MTS challended Xiao Feng at YYH's grave and she killed kill there and exploded him along with teh grave, making them buried together!
    Okay! Then Please explain what the heck is TSIR?! Stop using abbreviations like everyone knows it.

TSIR = The Snow Is Red

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    TSIR = The Snow Is Red
    Thanks Kidd. I must be thinking about people's name that would have that abbreviation and forgetting the obvious.

i'm sorry for that, its just every time u want to rite the title it takes to long.

i'm a little lost witht the abreviations to. i don't know them by their chinese names.

who is YUH, CTS, MGS and CYS]?

i'm sorry for that, its just every time u want to rite the title it takes to long.

i'm a little lost witht the abreviations to. i don't know them by their chinese names.

who is YUH, CTS, MGS and CYS]?
    YUH = Yu Ying Hua, the girl with teh whip who fell in love with Tian Sheung

CTS = Chan Tin Sheung played by Lawrence Yan, the male kind-hearted student who had the crush on Lip Siu Fung (Mimi) and then got blinded

MGS = Mui Gong Shuet by Kristy

CYS = Can Yuen Sheung by Alice
    Cyril Connolly

YUH = Yu Ying Hua, the girl with teh whip who fell in love with Tian Sheung

CTS = Chan Tin Sheung played by Lawrence Yan, the male kind-hearted student who had the crush on Lip Siu Fung (Mimi) and then got blinded

MGS = Mui Gong Shuet by Kristy

CYS = Can Yuen Sheung by Alice
    oic thanx