Thread: Tron The Legend 2D/3D

Default Tron The Legend 2D/3D

It's over hyped and animation wise I prefer the original. Surprising isn't it in these days of high tech imagery the decades old version does it better.

And don't waste your money on the 3D version since there're absolutely no 3D worth mentioning. It can't even produce a 3D "looking over the shoulder effect" that Avatar 3D does easily. Backgrounds are not in 3D. Heck!! I blew tickets for 4 to watch a 2D movie at 3D prices. Wat a POS. My gf was pissed at the waste of time and money and told me not to bring her to anymore movies, and there I was trying to impress her with 3D movies. Shit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    It's over hyped and animation wise I prefer the original. Surprising isn't it in these days of high tech imagery the decades old version does it better.

And don't waste your money on the 3D version since there're absolutely no 3D worth mentioning. It can't even produce a 3D "looking over the shoulder effect" that Avatar 3D does easily. Backgrounds are not in 3D. Heck!! I blew tickets for 4 to watch a 2D movie at 3D prices. Wat a POS. My gf was pissed at the waste of time and money and told me not to bring her to anymore movies, and there I was trying to impress her with 3D movies. Shit!!!
    The title is Tron: Legacy. Other than that, I agree.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Thumbs down TRON: LEGACY Lost in Time

A sequeal is usually an addition to the memory of something you experienced at a younger age. The sequeal is never going to be better than the original experience even when there are multiples like the Potter series or Terminator. When you go to the cinema to watch a movie in its first state (original) what effort you make to find out about that movie beforehand may save you the time or pain of watching something that is really a 'B' or 'C' quality flick, better suited for a fill-in on the TV. Most sequeals are produced with a theme of suspense and pace. Fast action movies do better in the box office because it attracts the adventurous excitement and thrill of the extraordinary and mostly exadurates the extreme of human ability. What we cant do as humans entertains our creative fantasy and brings occasion of memory to a few movie scenes where we make a connection. Tron - the original is not without its special effects. We have to reflect back to the day that production was released to trully appreciate its glory. Special effects in cinema were relatively new and the use of computers for animation and scene building were cutting edge technology. Tron released as a sci-fi with huge accolades to the graphics department. There would have been close to 200 artists who worked in prop making and lighting effects took on a new dimension which made TRON a standout from anything else seen before it. But that aside, the story was also well edited it the post-production to make it a noteworth Sci-fi Action movie. Not like its sequeal - the original has real depth which comes from creative minds working together without compromise. The budget was extraordinary. Today there is far too much reliance on special effects (explosions, mindless kiilling and devastation) to fill where the story has no real path. A rule of testing good cinematography is watching the movie twice in a month. The first time you watch it for the story. The second time you watch it for the clarity. Knowing the story and sequence of the work you can now concentrate on the real essense of the movie and emerse yourself from the begining. Most Western movies are not worth a mention on brilliance. There are but a few that can be deemed grand because they still draw the crowds a decade later. For many not so great films - drawing people to the box office can be a con. There are a huge number of seats given away as promotional - blackmail - to get people talking about 'how they were the first' and talking about (actors) 'is so and so wonderful'. The glamour of movies is entwined in fashionista exploits and would-be actors who are yet to make their name. But whats this TRON? The legacy that didnt make the grade. Not quite - its just now we have become so 3D or is it just another gimmick to get us buying something we dont really need. What you dont watch or actually atempt to avoid, may allow you to appreciate a conversation with a real human being than filling your fantasy with rubbish that was made by less than artistic people with stupid amounts of money. My Rating for Tron: Legacy - it wont become anything thats in its title.
    Last edited by cafelatte; 01-19-11 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typos

Your article is long and time lose like the movie.This movie is time wasting like your article.I have not watched full movie.

oh really , thanks a lot for this kind of good review and info !