Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 新萍踪侠影 2011 (潘粤明, 董洁, 刘松仁, 米雪)

Default New 新萍踪侠影 2011 (潘粤明, 董洁, 刘松仁, 米雪)

I just saw from Baike.Baidu that there a remake of 新萍踪侠影.

35 eps and filming in 2010, that mean should be release this year.

OMG! Liu Songren (Damian Lau) and Mi Xue (Michelle Yim) reuniting again?! They were the GOLDEN COUPLE of ATV in the 1980s! This looks very very good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    OMG! Liu Songren (Damian Lau) and Mi Xue (Michelle Yim) reuniting again?! They were the GOLDEN COUPLE of ATV in the 1980s! This looks very very good!!!!
    Yes, they both was in this series in the 80's now again in this remake. I hope it will be a good one. Looking forward for it.

Michelle and Damien looks really good. Stills...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/29fdy7d.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2vxev0g.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/qmyfz7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/24cvek2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/16m22wz.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2dubm3c.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2qas30l.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/91fcxw.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/ajwah0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/oqvlh5.jpg')

are dong jie and pan yue ming pairing up as a couple? thats cute, since they're a couple in real life and all

whats the english title?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    are dong jie and pan yue ming pairing up as a couple? thats cute, since they're a couple in real life and all
    Ah...not only were Michelle Yim and Damian Lau a golden couple, they played the leads in a very old Honkie version of PZXY (I have a copy...very crappy version though, in terms of plot and acting).

Dong Jie is back? Don't know if it was absolutely true, but last I heard, she was on maternity leave (that was awhile back though). Sweet, sweet...husband and wife playing lead roles.

As usual, Dong Jie looks divine. Pan Yue Ming doesn't look to flash though.

I reserve judgement on this one. The PERFECT (in terms of acting, martial arts, plot, scenery) was Huang Hai Bing and Fan Bing Bing's PZXY. I think it helped that they veered from the plot a bit...the original story supposed to be a bit wishy washy (I base this on Michelle and Damian's version though, as that apparently was quite faithful to the novel).

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Ah...not only were Michelle Yim and Damian Lau a golden couple, they played the leads in a very old Honkie version of PZXY (I have a copy...very crappy version though, in terms of plot and acting).

Dong Jie is back? Don't know if it was absolutely true, but last I heard, she was on maternity leave (that was awhile back though). Sweet, sweet...husband and wife playing lead roles.

As usual, Dong Jie looks divine. Pan Yue Ming doesn't look to flash though.

I reserve judgement on this one. The PERFECT (in terms of acting, martial arts, plot, scenery) was Huang Hai Bing and Fan Bing Bing's PZXY. I think it helped that they veered from the plot a bit...the original story supposed to be a bit wishy washy (I base this on Michelle and Damian's version though, as that apparently was quite faithful to the novel).
    oh they played a couple in a version of this series too? haha, that's a cute little fact

i didnt know she was back either, but apparently she is. but yeah, i think she did have her kid a while ago, wasn't it?
    and yeah... pan yue ming. i remember really liking in madame white snake, but then...eh whatever. it's still cute to have them playing a couple

and really? was the fan bing bing version good? i kinda wanted to watch it, but wasn't too sure...

looking forward to this one. the male leads looks like a young version of damien lau in some of the pictures. i quite liked atv's 80's version with michelle and damien. they had chemistry, but i can't remember much else.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

anymore pix on the rest of the cast? English name for this series

looking forward to this one. the male leads looks like a young version of damien lau in some of the pictures. i quite liked atv's 80's version with michelle and damien. they had chemistry, but i can't remember much else.
    Most views vouched for their chemistry. That's why I bought the DVDs...big mistake. If they had chemistry, it was eclipsed by the cheesiness of literally every aspect of the production. All Michelle's Yun Lei was sob most of the time - of course, I blame this on the script. M & D were beyond awesome in Wuxia Di Nu Hua, even when they were technically not supposed to be the focus couple.

and really? was the fan bing bing version good? i kinda wanted to watch it, but wasn't too sure...
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Heroic_Legend

I never liked FBB as an actress until I saw this. The breadth and depth of the production rivals a movie. The development of the plot and characters is nothing like I've seen before. Truly one of my most favoured films that I don't mind rewatching - I'm terribly picky. Some viewers disagree with the modification of the story. Considering Liang Yu Sheng wrote it...any modification is an improvement. Don't mistake me, I like LYS basic storylines and premises, but the actual details and techniques of his storytelling is subpar IMO.

They use a few CGI effects...a shame, because the actual martial arts choreography is also some of the best I've seen. Ending is kinda weird though.

Huang Hai Bing/Zhang Dan Feng: Gorgeous! Played with great finesse, embodying ZDF's wittiness, sensitivity, devoted love, heroic nature to the tee. Obviously, he fights damn well.

Pan Yue Ming/Zhang Dan Feng: For now...face looks saggy, costume looks like Beggar Clans better day outfits. I know Pan Yue Ming does not have martial arts fighting experience, at least not as much as HHB does. I worry about the martial arts. I am prepared to give him a go...loved him to bits as Xu Xian. His past work marks him as quite a versatile actor too.

FBB was beyond cool as YL. It was scripting and directing, but her character setup was superb IMO. When FBB confronted her master's murderer...freaky, amazing acting. I just hope they don't ruin Dong Jie with a weepy/clingly YL.

^ hm..maybe i'll give that series a try then. thanks

I think you'll like it ChineseChik525. You've watched many of the same series as I have. I'm actually surprised you haven't seen it. I'm rewatching it tonight...

Ok, naughty, double posting I am. I think my hair will turn grey waiting for someone else to post...

I imagine this should be out by now? Haven't heard anything yet. Dong Jie has already a few films broadcasted after this (she is so majorly flying in her career post-momma hood). Then again, she looks the same - petite, beautiful, graceful, captivating as ever.

I've been so looking forward to this. Hope China doesn't cancel it or anything.

i almost forgot about this thread! haha, hi, NuDaFu and yeah, i haven't heard about this production in a while. IS it out yet?
    and no, i've never seen FBB's version. i think the reason was cause i didnt like the way the male lead looked? lol.

Default Release 5 Eps.

5 EPS got release. Waiting for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    5 EPS got release. Waiting for the rest.
    10 EPs as for now

So, no one wants to discuss this series. *Sigh*

My thoughts so far...(too many spoilers)

click to show/hide spoilers
    Plot: Not engaging...I've been surfing other sites and practicing calligraphy while I watch it. There was more character and plot development in FBB's version. Of course, I'll qualify that with unashamed bias. FBB's version was so haunting, tragic, emotive with lucid moments of wisdom and understanding that I suppose that's hard to beat.

e.g. ZDF's decision to let go of re-claiming Chou. Minister Yu expresses a 'strong' opinion about the matter, Yun Lei also says its wrong to pursue what one's ancestor's demand (Miss Hypercritical?) and that it robs one of loved ones which she apparently doesn't have (umm, what about your brother honey). Ding! ZDF has an epiphany...states his decision and everyone congratulates him on what an open-minded hero he is.

Contrast this to HHB's ZDF, who after experiencing the tragedy of his men dying for the cause, Yun Lei's accusation that his pursuit of war will re-create her family tragedy, seeing the madness of one self-styled kinglet believing he can conquer the world with a handful of men. Even to the end, when ZDF visits his ancestral home, he quietly admits his lingering guilt and worry that he dishonours the memory of his ancestors by choosing not to fight.

Re-claiming Chou is a generational mind-set. Having it change so quickly without any meaningful trials demeans the very epiphany.

Scenery: Director likes his National Geographic long-shots

Dialogue: Lots of obvious statements.

TTW: At least we got one good fighter in Damian Lau. Such good timing with his moves. But err, stating the obvious dialogue? After the heart-wrenching development in FBB's version (they even managed to use Su Shi's 'Jiang Cheng Zi'!), I was disappointed when this portrayal first said it was 'complicated' and really for a greater cause, then admit he impulsively married a princess to achieve his plans, all this when he tells YYY to wait for him. I don't think it was complicated - he just didn't want to confront his blunder. In effect, this man deceived two women. He makes it quite clear he married the princess to convince the Hua Li nation of his loyalty. Why this is necessary is a demonstration of a less witty and intelligent man. There is always a CHOICE. If TTW wanted to indulge in some fibbing, he could've claimed he was impotent and therefore couldn't take a wife, whereby he could stay true to YYY and not have to marry the princess. I wonder if TTW was willing to make THAT sort of prideful sacrifice. Obviously its easier making sacrifices on women's futures.

The eldest martial brother/leader of the school nodding sagely and condoning his actions was the last straw for me.

Mei Suet: They turned her into a crazy [insert reference to a female canine]! She was insane! Mind you, TTH did pull a woozy on her. Why anyone would want TTW after what he claimed to do for the 'sake of his country' is beyond me. Even if the 'scorned' can be driven to illogical acts, killing TTW and/or the father-in-law doesn't solve anything. I don't buy that love can transform into something so ugly. She was madly possessive and if she couldn't have loved TTW enough to let him go, she obviously didn't unconditionally love him very much in the first place.

Chou San Min: Eye-candy. Such a hotty, and OMG, that voice! Not sure if scriptwriters considered this when they wrote the scene, but it is tradition that only a husband (with possible exception of a brother), brushes the hair of a lady. It's rather symbolic in Chinese culture. I knew they did the scene so that the poor honey could 'steal' YL's hair for a momento...awww...but err, inappropriate?

Yun Lei: I know she has a perfect profile - which the director seems to think so too, as the camera's constantly on her face - but, let the poor woman TALK! I don't think the director has the pace or finesse to make those silent shots work with the series, so the ones that are done seem so out of place in the context of the plot. There's only so much exposition that can be left out before the scene can become obtuse. For an indie maybe, but not for Wuxia (not unless its in league with Ashes of Time). I would've liked to see some internal dialogue or obvious physical conflict. In the scene where YL is told ZDF getting married, there was this wonderful, angsty cello piece playing in the background, the momentum was there, then...anti-climax. I was almost expecting her to step out, camera spiralling about her a bit, YL almost unconsciously rocking back and forth, seeming to burst with devastation but chained by the safety of denial. It sounds melodramatic, but could've been performed subtly and powerfully.

YL also has a tendency to hold her shoulders and arms a bit higher than was necessary during fights. I noticed FBB kept them dropped and determinely relaxed like any good martial artists. I don't fault either ladies however. That's supposed to be the martial art choregrapher's responsibility - heard that the one in FBB's version was demanding and consistent on ALL actors and actresses. Guess the one in this new version didn't have that consistency. Keeping shoulders and arms so raised takes away the exhibition of power and flow from swordplay.

YL must've had this 'ignore-my-free-will' on her forehead. EVERYONE was out to pressure her into killing ZDF for a variety of personal reasons. First, it was her confused self. Then CSM - obviously because he picked up a 'vibe' between YL and ZDF...can't have that of course, she's "mine". I would've loved if just once, just once, YL turned around and told CSM to mind his own business on that matter.

The wacky teacher. I understand at first, it may've been because YL's father was also one of YYY's martial brothers, but I thought it became more than that. If she was so adamant on revenge, I can't understand why she didn't go with YL. Her nastiness to YL about every man she was associated was almost psychopathic. The way she ordered YL around showed she only cared a wit about her student's welfare when it served her sense of superiority and control (before she found 'enlightment' that is).

Her brother YZ - probably the most justified in pressuring her revenge. Quite silly and dishonourable after being saved so many times by ZDF. Redeemed himself later on. YZ actually really grew on me. The actor has this subtle but profound charisma. Probably one of the few characters that I prefer over FBB's version of the same character.

The whole revenge thing from the Yun Family was one blob of silliness. Yun grandpappy and son played the game of politics and they lost - simple as that. If they weren't witty or clever enough to survive the grand game of politics, they don't deserve to play it. Expecting your enemies, or even friends in some cases, to play honourably in politics is a nice start to digging one's own grave. Now, if the Yun family was determined to destroy ZZZ because they knew he set out to invade China/re-establish Chou, THAT would be a worthwhile reason.

ZDF: Except the dialogue, I'm really impressed by PYM's portrayal. He has a very organic way of expressing his carefree and fun attitude - it makes HHB's portrayal a bit forced in comparisan. I think he got mighty tired by the end. His expressions and interactions had this glazed, unfocused quality to them.

ZDF and YL: THE GEM/HIGHLIGHT/CENTRE-PIECE of the series. Really, the one and only reason to watch. Mind you, if there wasn't such a natural rapport between the two, it wouldn't have worked. I'm actually really amazed at the professionalism of both actors, because I was trying madly to pick out any real husband-wife rapport that may unconsiously bleed through into the performance. I'm satisfied...IMHO, I didn't see any of it. The awkwardness, the tangible unspoken words, the CONNECTION was profound if one cares to be aware. It felt new but real. It's like watching a tango executed with just the glances they shared. Man, did the director hit jackpot when he got this pair as the main leads.

I thought it cute when ZDF started daydreaming about being with YL even when there was no firm establishment of the lady's intentions.

I agree with a commentator in an interview, there seemed to be a little of Xu Xian in there when both sort of recognized their attraction to each other for the first time. He just sat there on the rock, gazing dazedly and happily into space. Nice reflection on how free and true ZDF with his own emotions. He celebrates expression while YL obviously hides from it.

When ZDF didn't explain his actions to YL re: wedding, I started to think NO! Don't repeat your master's mistake! But oh, how true and undeniably witty ZDF is. There can never be as credible display of trust as when he shares the responsibility of the secret and finding of the treasure to YL. Also, he didn't intend to get married, he intended to die (very miscalculated, but if it had to lead up to how much he trusted YL, understandable). Extra cute when he was almost falling over his own words to assure he loved no one but YL, while YL was more concerned about him getting killed than married.

One thing, it would've made YL's silences and earlier mindless revenge believable if they had a scene something like this:

Night, YL and ZDF sit in pregnant silence around a dying fire...

YL (quiet, serious, almost sad voice): I can't help but not kill you, you know?
    ZDF: Why the personal torture?
    YL (chuckles to self): I talk about skinning your hide and you worry about how I feel?
    ZDF (with a naughty boy grin): Noticed my hide did you?
    YL (rolling her eyes, then serious again): Revenge defined...defines my life.

A moment of silence as YL contemplates how chained that statement makes her feel. A moment for ZDF to ache for the loneliness underlying those words.

YL: I trained in wind and rain to prepare for revenge. I know no other way, I knew no other way. In time, it became so much apart of me, I don't know who I am if I don't rise at dawn thinking about revenge.
    ZDF (quietly, sadly): If you are successful in killing me, what will you do then? What will replace the purpose that has been swallowed up by your revenge?
    YL: My purpose?
    YL (internal dialogue) : *How has it come to that? The purpose of my life, nothing but to kill another?*

A treacherous tear escapes down YL's face.

ZDF: Now, now don't cry. I'm awfully incompetent at managing crying women. Awfully so.

Despite the circumstances, the strange talk...despite herself, YL smiles at ZDF's typical outrageousness.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 08-26-11 at 09:40 AM.

Just finished it, thought it was pretty good. Cant believe how stubburn some people were in this series from start to finish!

Quote Originally Posted by sakhee View Post
    Just finished it, thought it was pretty good. Cant believe how stubburn some people were in this series from start to finish!
    I just finished it too. I like this version better. All together 37 eps.