Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colourful World of Sister Fa (花花世界花家姐)

Default Colourful World of Sister Fa (花花世界花家姐)

This show has finished filming.

Cast: Raymond Lam, Charmaine Sheh, Pierre Ngo, Toby Leung

Episodes: 20

Genre: Modern/Drama

Info:
    - Charmaine Sheh will play a delivery girl with the mental capacity of a 10+ year old.
    -
    Raymond Lam will play a spoil rich guy.He & Charmaine will have a romantic storyline.
    - Toby will be Charmaine's sister.
    Favorite shows: E.U., Rosy Business
    Favorite actor: Ron Ng, Wayne Lai
    Favorite actress: Tavia Yeung

Not another Raymond and Charmaine romance series. Who said they were a cute couple? The pairing is so off!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Charmaine actually looks quite cute in the trailer. But I still have doubts about how a guy can fall in love with a girl who acts like a 10 year old. i mean he can be moved by her innocence and like her but wanting to marry her and have kids with her is a different matter. Is it legal since she is mentally still a minor?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

So, this is basically a reversed "life made simple"?

Why do these hong kong shows always portray a person with a mental handicap to have that kind of mushroom hair style?
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Charmaine actually looks quite cute in the trailer. But I still have doubts about how a guy can fall in love with a girl who acts like a 10 year old. i mean he can be moved by her innocence and like her but wanting to marry her and have kids with her is a different matter. Is it legal since she is mentally still a minor?
    Yeap, that the eerie part. Charmaine character does act and speak like a 10 year old. How can he fall for her in that way?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    So, this is basically a reversed "life made simple"?

Why do these hong kong shows always portray a person with a mental handicap to have that kind of mushroom hair style?
    Mushroom hairstyle? I thought its called the bowl cut. I think that stereotype is only true for males. Myolie's character in Golden Days or what's that tvb series with Gallen and Raymond (as Oscar)? Well Myolie's character didn't have bowl cut hairstyle.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Working in the field with idividuals with intellectual disabilities, I find it hard to fall in love romantically with someone with a mind of a 10 year old, there are so many people who take advatage of their innocent. Not a lot of people have patients for these individuals, so I am curious how TVB is going to make this rich spoil boy fall in love.

Oh god ==" Raymond X Charmaine pairing is not good o-o she looks older than him (well cuz she IS older than him)! And Charmaine retarded? No way! She can't even play someone nice and kind-heated, how can she play a retarded, innocent girl?

The repetition idea of Square Pegs, Life Made Simple. Uncreative once again by TVB, what a pity...

a little island east of america and west of europe

Agree that after watching the sales presentation clip, I did find the storyline to this quite disturbing. At least in Life Made Simple, Jessica doesn't actually marry Ah Wong (comparing the modern storyline). I hope the scriptwriters for the actual series itself get their act together and don't string together something that is bordering on immoral, romantic comedy or not.
    We'll wait and see.........

is it totally confirmed that Raymond will fell in love with Charmaine? Or is the marriage just a gimmick or some tricky twist in the plot?

if not for raymond, i won't even give this series a damn..sigh. why is raymond always landing in not-so-good storylines?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

The title has been changed to "My Sister of Eternal Flower".
    Favorite shows: E.U., Rosy Business
    Favorite actor: Ron Ng, Wayne Lai
    Favorite actress: Tavia Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Not another Raymond and Charmaine romance series. Who said they were a cute couple? The pairing is so off!
    While this couple doesn't cut the cake for you, others find them endearing and natural together.

Back to the storyline, it's not like I like Roger's version that much...but here...let's see how the writer go with this one. Ehhh

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Yeap, that the eerie part. Charmaine character does act and speak like a 10 year old. How can he fall for her in that way?
    totally agree. she looks too old for him.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Looks like there's going to be some major suspension of disbelief required (as with every other TVB series).

Maybe it's just an over-exaggerated description.
    Last edited by skylee; 04-11-11 at 07:30 PM.

why don't TVB used some today story instead of being repetitive, this is like the 4 th story retard individual?

Actually, I have no problem with Raymond Lam and Charmaine Sheh playing a couple. I think they look fine together. I've seen them playing lovers in Drive of Life and Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion and thought Charmaine looked quite young next to Raymond. But from what I am reading so far in this thread, I do have a problem about the storyline. If Charmaine's character is only mentally 10 years old, essentially that of a child, then it would be immoral of Raymond's character to have any type of sexually intimate relationship with her, even if she has the body of an adult woman. His character would be taking advantage of a child. Putting it bluntly, it may even be dangerously bordering on child molestation. I shudder at the thought of poor Raymond getting stuck with such a role. I hope the storyline is not as we all think it may be...

Not sure claims that Chu Chu (Charmaine) has 10 year old's mental capacity are true. After 10 eps, I would liken her role to Forest Gump who has adult emotions, pretty much full physical capability, and just not the ability process things quickly or with high complexity.

I thought this series would be a female version of Square Pegs (Ah Wong) - which I hated watching. Chu Chu cooks and cleans for her siblings, can do light office work, and work at a diner earning money for herself. She is much more capable (and less annoying and whining) than Ah Wong.

Unless this show develops in traditional silly TVB fashion, it is not Hugo (Raymod Lam) falling in love with 10 yr old. I hope it will unfold more like how Jenny realizes no one loves her more than Forest Gump.

I agree with smurf120. Chu Chu is a very high functioning mentally challenge individual. I have a lot of reservations when I first read the premise of the story. I applaud the scriptwriters for making the romance not creepy. There's no child exploitation or molestation here. The relationship is one build from friendship, and Chu Chu has normal adult feelings and emotions.

I also agree that she's less annoying than Ah Wong.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩