Broadcast Station: SBS
    First Broadcast: 13 November 2010
    Broadcast Times: Sat-Sun 10:00 PM
    Number of Episodes: 20
    Official Site: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/secretgarden/
    Watching Live: TBD
    CHATTING Site: http://secret-garden.chatango.com/

Synopsis:
    Secret Garden is a romance fantasy drama brought by the winning combination of Kim Eun Sook and Shin Woo Chul of the Lovers series, On Air and City Hall. The drama tells the story of Kim Joo Won, a seemingly perfect man yet with certain arrogance and childishness in him, and Gil Ra Im, a stuntwoman whose beauty and body are the object of envy of top actresses. One day they went deep into the mountains and entered a strange house. A strange grandmother offered them chocolate to eat. The next day they found themselves changing bodies.

CREDIT: Soompi

Anyone watching this??? I'm a BIG BIG fan of Ha Ji Won (what a fantastic actress!) and was happy to hear she's doing a drama again. I stayed up til 4am watching all 17 episodes and love it!

I love that the drama is a bit different (stuntwoman and body switching) with the plots and twists. It was also hilarious and I was laughing from episode one on. Oska really grew on me and he really shine through too. I like that the 2nd female lead is not evil or does the 4 leads (not including Phillip Lee) have a love triangle. Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin are stellar!

Ji Won looks fabulous in here - especially that one scene of her in the mini-dress! What a fab bod!!!! It made her stuntwoman role totally believeable! It is my first drama with Hyun Bin (he had a cameo in Ji Won's Daddy Long Legs, right?) and he delivers!!

So far, I love it!
    ---------
    Shellie

I have to repost what I had posted in the What Kdrama are you watching now.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    OMG! I didn't get what you were saying until now. I love Secret Garden so much already and I've only seen the first episode. Hyun Bin's character is so hilariously funny in his such eccentric and arrogant ways its just so funny. I can't remember the last time I have laughed so much in the 1st episode of a comedy drama. He's just so funny. And Ha Ji Won is super cool in all those stunt scenes and that bike scene was awesome. I find it so funny that Hyun Bin's character is afraid of elevators and confined spaces. He's such a weird person that when Ha Ji Won scrunches her eyebrows when she's asleep, he would try to smooth it. There's so many good scenes in just this first episode. Love his reaction to HJW's speed driving. I couldn't stop laughing.

EDIT - I don't think Hyun Bin has gotten much thinner. I think it's his hairstyle that shapes his face, but other than that I think he's always been a slim looking guy. I think his English speaking skills has gotten a better since his My Lovely Sam Soon days. I love the OST in Secret Garden. So far all the songs and music played in the background has been appealing to my ears. Oska is a funny guy too. I can't believe that actor knows hows to sing, I wonder if he sung for this drama for real or was he lipsyncing. It's just that his profile says he's a singer and actor too. The more I watch the interaction between Joo Won and Ra Im, the more I see Mr. Darcy and Eliza Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. Joo Won is acting like a totally mad stalker taking pictures of Ra Im's pictures. Hahaha...totally falling for her.

I love Mary Stayed Out All Night too. It has a great cast too. I'm glad Mae Ri is not like Go Mi Nyu/Nam in You're beautiful. I think I like her better than Go Mi Nam. She's a innocent girl and inexperience in love, but she's still a brave and courageous girl who deals with things independently. She's not afraid of speaking up for herself or standing up to Kim Jae Wook's father in the drama. That's why I like her better than Go Mi Nam. Jang Geun Suk and Kim Jae Wook, what more can I ask for in a drama. Moon Geun Young is a good actress too. I like the actor who plays Mae Ri's dad. Haha he's always funny when he's on screen. I love the Karaoke scene where he follows them two to the Karaoke place and says JGS is a chick magnet when he's singing. Hahaha love it!

These two dramas keep me up at night and waiting for the next episodes. So good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    The only thing going for that drama right now are the actors (Hyun Bin, Ha Ji Won, Yoon Sang Hyun). The little antics and banters are pretty hilarious, too. But as far as story and plot, it's been taking a stall.
    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Both Mary and Secret Garden plot is not going anywhere. In fact Mary had to change a scriptwriter from episode 11 (hope the new scriptwriter will inject fresh ideas, the current plot feels a bit kindergarten to me). As for Secret Garden, I'm hooked... the only thing is that the main leads relationship have gone back to zero again, and it's already episode 10!
    I love the OST for Secret Garden. Best of all, Baek Ji Young's That Woman/Man songs.

It's funny watching Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin act as each other. Yoon Sang Heon is a really likable character. I'm also liking Song Si Kyung's "You're my Spring" song.

Joo Won is so rich, he tends to overdo things like episode 16, with the director and private plane. It's so extravagant, but it's because he can. Joo Won is, indeed, a eccentric character. He's so brand name. I can't believe he went to check her dress label. His jerseys are funny looking on him.

BTW, the Soomp summary is wrong, they both drank wine, not chocolate. And Ra Im is not the envy of all actresses.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Secret Garden is indeed a great drama. It was ranked 2nd in a magazine after Cinderella's Sister. I thought it was better than Cinderella's Sister though.

Hyun Bin is a good actor, but I was hoping the lead could be Jang Hyuk who just won the Daesang. Jang Hyuk is one of the most charismatic actor and his chemistry with HJW would be deadlier. I think Hyun Bin looks better when he was in Kim Sam Soon and Snow Queen. His performance in Snow Queen is great.

The plot of this story is interesting for kdramas, but it sorta reminds me of TVB, ATV and some old Chinese series where the guy and gal switched bodies and fall for each other. An Australian film starring Guy Pearce (Dating the Enemy) also had this storyline. What I like about Secret Garden is that Joo Won is already attracted to Ra Im before the switch. HJW is really cool in her/his role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    Hyun Bin is a good actor, but I was hoping the lead could be Jang Hyuk who just won the Daesang. Jang Hyuk is one of the most charismatic actor and his chemistry with HJW would be deadlier. I think Hyun Bin looks better when he was in Kim Sam Soon and Snow Queen. His performance in Snow Queen is great.
    Jang Hyuk dropped out. He was the original choice for the role of Joo-won.

Hyun Bin needs to get together with Ha Ji-won.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    Secret Garden is indeed a great drama. It was ranked 2nd in a magazine after Cinderella's Sister. I thought it was better than Cinderella's Sister though.

The plot of this story is interesting for kdramas, but it sorta reminds me of TVB, ATV and some old Chinese series where the guy and gal switched bodies and fall for each other. An Australian film starring Guy Pearce (Dating the Enemy) also had this storyline. What I like about Secret Garden is that Joo Won is already attracted to Ra Im before the switch. HJW is really cool in her/his role.
    i watch the first 3 or so episodes of cinderella's sister and couldn't go on. MGY? looks really young and small for her role imo. the shots of her from the back with her tiny legs doesn't look convincing. i really want to keep going but alas...

as much as i love JH in thank you, i'm thankful that he dropped out and HB got the role. HB and Jiwon are just wonderful in this drama.

the storyline is quite unique for kdrama. i haven't watch any like it before.
    Last edited by shellie; 01-15-11 at 12:07 AM.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post

Hyun Bin needs to get together with Ha Ji-won.
    that would kind of leave SHK in a ditch, no? and it wouldn't bode well for ji won to be a 3rd party. i do agreed they look really good together.
    ---------
    Shellie

I was wondering how come this series didn't have a thread here yet so I could gush about it. I started watching it first started airing and it caught my attention from the very first episodes. It's not very common in Korean dramas for the main male lead to start falling in love with the female lead in the first episode. I thought the pacing was very good in the first few episodes....unfortunately it's been stalling for a while. But with only 2 episodes left before the end, I'm starting to feel withdrawal already. Ha Ji Won has always been great....great acting, pretty face, banging body. But it's really Hyun Bin who stole the show for me, with his incredibly obnoxious track suits and his totally cocky yet logical attitude. I'm tempted to go around asking people his famous quote "Is this the best you can do? Are you sure?"

SS, Hyun Bin does look thinner because he had to lose weight for this role. As the grueling filming conditions wore on, he got even thinner. =(

And right now I'm spazzing over his version of That Man. It's not the best technically, and I could hear some flu symptoms in there, but it was more impressive than I thought it would be since he's not really a singer. It was the passion in his voice that drove the song. His song is currently topping all the music charts in Korea right now. =)

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    that would kind of leave SHK in a ditch, no? and it wouldn't bode well for ji won to be a 3rd party. i do agreed they look really good together.
    To be brutally honest, I don't give a fig about SHK. She's so talentless that she's worse than a vase. Obviously I don't go around campaigning break-ups or something, but in this case, I'm totally for Hyun Bin and Ha Ji-won to hook up. But if he'd just hooked up with Kim Sun-ah in the first place, I'd have been happy!

I'd better stop before I go on a rant about SHK.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    And right now I'm spazzing over his version of That Man. It's not the best technically, and I could hear some flu symptoms in there, but it was more impressive than I thought it would be since he's not really a singer. It was the passion in his voice that drove the song. His song is currently topping all the music charts in Korea right now. =)
    The initial bits were kinda blah, his voice was so thin and reedy that I actually cringed. I know he was trying to match Baek Ji Young's original where she also started out high and wispy, but it just didn't work for me. He got much better when his voice was stronger and was able to belt out the song with more emotion.
    玉木宏

blog

I was wondering how come this series didn't have a thread here yet so I could gush about it. I started watching it first started airing and it caught my attention from the very first episodes. It's not very common in Korean dramas for the main male lead to start falling in love with the female lead in the first episode. I thought the pacing was very good in the first few episodes....unfortunately it's been stalling for a while. But with only 2 episodes left before the end, I'm starting to feel withdrawal already. Ha Ji Won has always been great....great acting, pretty face, banging body. But it's really Hyun Bin who stole the show for me, with his incredibly obnoxious track suits and his totally cocky yet logical attitude. I'm tempted to go around asking people his famous quote "Is this the best you can do? Are you sure?"

SS, Hyun Bin does look thinner because he had to lose weight for this role. As the grueling filming conditions wore on, he got even thinner. =(
    I know! I'm, too, tempted to go asking people that same quote. I don't know it just seems so fun when he says it to people. His step grand-uncle hates him, but at the same time seem to fear him a lot too. The elevator scene with the grand uncle was funny minus the claustophobia. I thought the grand uncle would pee in his pants cuz JW called knew he was watching.

Yeah, I think he is thinner. But I was so sure because in MNIKSS, he was already a slender looking guy.

To be brutally honest, I don't give a fig about SHK. She's so talentless that she's worse than a vase. Obviously I don't go around campaigning break-ups or something, but in this case, I'm totally for Hyun Bin and Ha Ji-won to hook up. But if he'd just hooked up with Kim Sun-ah in the first place, I'd have been happy!

I haven't seen SHK in a drama for a long time, has she retired or something? I thought Hyun Bin and her aren't dating anymore.

What? No Oska fans? I think he's pretty perceptive and funny. Ra Im's director guy is hot too. Though he needs to man up if he even really likes Ra Im .

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i saw her in autumn love story and full house and don't think her acting is anything to write home about. *shrugs* she's pretty though. HJW and HB does make a very handsome duo.

Quote Originally Posted by suet seung View Post
    What? No Oska fans? I think he's pretty perceptive and funny. Ra Im's director guy is hot too. Though he needs to man up if he even really likes Ra Im .
    i thought oska was going to be quite shallow and one dimensional but that changed when he was able to recalled RI's name at the end of the first episode. i knew then he was going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by suet seung View Post
    I know! I'm, too, tempted to go asking people that same quote. I don't know it just seems so fun when he says it to people. His step grand-uncle hates him, but at the same time seem to fear him a lot too. The elevator scene with the grand uncle was funny minus the claustophobia. I thought the grand uncle would pee in his pants cuz JW called knew he was watching.

Yeah, I think he is thinner. But I was so sure because in MNIKSS, he was already a slender looking guy.
    i quoted JW to the hubby. he was like, HUH???! lol i do not mind his grand-uncle; he's too funny.

i have not watch MNIKSS but did saw a few trailers and MV's and think HB looks a lot better and mature in SG. he does look a bit thinner but still very sexy!

i looked up JW's rhymes and the story behind it was tragic but you can't help laughing.

for some reason, JW and RI reminded me of a more mature and grounded soo-jung and jae-min in what happened in bali.
    ---------
    Shellie

I am going to miss Secret Garden when it ends. Two more episodes to go.

I JUST finished watching episode 18 and woah! It was so sad and then it got so funny. I wanted to cry my eyes out and then laugh out loud. I've always been the person to hate the amnesia card, but the scriptwriters are brilliant~! They've used the amnesia card wonderfully and tastefully. I'll forgive them for using it.

Actually, I didn't cry a tear, but I felt so sad in episode 17 and then 18 was just so funny. I have to say I don't like Joo Won's mother at all. She's so cruel. Why can't she accept that love goes beyond money,what others think and materials thing?

I have always loved the interaction between Oska and Joo Won. I like their cousins relationship. SO kyeopta (cute). I am always grinning after watching Secret Garden.

So after watching ep 17, my heart was feeling heavy with sadness, then ep 18 had me laughing and grinning like a fool....then the last scene in ep18 had my heart beating so fast. HAHAHAHAHA I think I have to rewatch this all once it's all done.

I really do have to applaud the camera crew, the direction of the cinematography in this drama. It's just so beautiful. I love some of the snow scene driving into the dark clouds and thunder and lighting. Although all that was probably computer effects added in later, but still whoever wrote the script, the screenplay and stuff, it's just so beautiful and artistic to watch this drama.

Hyun Bin and Ha Ji won are such wonderful actors. Man, when Hyun Bin was holding that Little Mermaid ending page and crying, I really felt it.

Editing for the third time:

Jang Hyuk is a great actor too. But I don't know...I don't think Secret Garden would be the same without Hyun Bin. He's a good choice.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-15-11 at 02:29 AM.

i quoted JW to the hubby. he was like, HUH???! lol i do not mind his grand-uncle; he's too funny.

i have not watch MNIKSS but did saw a few trailers and MV's and think HB looks a lot better and mature in SG. he does look a bit thinner but still very sexy!

i looked up JW's rhymes and the story behind it was tragic but you can't help laughing.

for some reason, JW and RI reminded me of a more mature and grounded soo-jung and jae-min in what happened in bali.
    Yeah. I like HB's hair in here than in MKNISS. He was so young then. I'm glad to see him matured in looks and in acting. Though, I thought for sure, he had improved upon his English speaking, but that clearly was not the case. His English is still not good as the actor who plays Ra Im's MA director. His English sounds like he had been born in the US or something. His voice already sounds sexy in Korean, but when he speaks English, he sounds so sexy. I don't know why, but I have a feeling he's been in some ancient Korean drama before. He's a cool guy too. The MA director guy really loves Ra Im to be okay with Joo Won as long as RI is okay.

I am glad there's no really evil characters in SG, just annoying characters.

I have never seen What happened in Bali, but I heard its not good.

I am going to miss Secret Garden when it ends. Two more episodes to go.

I JUST finished watching episode 18 and woah! It was so sad and then it got so funny. I wanted to cry my eyes out and then laugh out loud. I've always been the person to hate the amnesia card, but the scriptwriters are brilliant~! They've used the amnesia card wonderfully and tastefully. I'll forgive them for using it.

Actually, I didn't cry a tear, but I felt so sad in episode 17 and then 18 was just so funny. I have to say I don't like Joo Won's mother at all. She's so cruel. Why can't she accept that love goes beyond money,what others think and materials thing?

I have always loved the interaction between Oska and Joo Won. I like their cousins relationship. SO kyeopta (cute). I am always grinning after watching Secret Garden.

So after watching ep 17, my heart was feeling heavy with sadness, then ep 18 had me laughing and grinning like a fool....then the last scene in ep18 had my heart beating so fast. HAHAHAHAHA I think I have to rewatch this all once it's all done.

I really do have to applaud the camera crew, the direction of the cinematography in this drama. It's just so beautiful. I love some of the snow scene driving into the dark clouds and thunder and lighting. Although all that was probably computer effects added in later, but still whoever wrote the script, the screenplay and stuff, it's just so beautiful and artistic to watch this drama.

Hyun Bin and Ha Ji won are such wonderful actors. Man, when Hyun Bin was holding that Little Mermaid ending page and crying, I really felt it.

Editing for the third time:

Jang Hyuk is a great actor too. But I don't know...I don't think Secret Garden would be the same without Hyun Bin. He's a good choice.
    i'm going to miss secret garden too. i can't even remember the last time i finished a drama...since bali?? SG hooked me from the very first episode and it is so craftily done that i don't mind all the loopholes and whatnot. i just let myself enjoy and laugh with the characters.

i cried bucket loads watching episodes 17 & 18!! i laughed a bit too but more crying. i woke up early monday to watch 18 and went to work feeling like a zombie with my eyes all puffing!

the interactions between oska and JW were well scripted. i'm always chuckling or grinning because they're like two little boys fighting. oska made some of the funniest faces around...LOL

i can't wait for the next 2 episodes and yet i'm afraid! hahahaha...yes quite crazy here.
    ---------
    Shellie

Shellie, can you picture the whole drama ending at episode 17 and how sad it would've ended? or cliffhanger ending not knowing what would've happened between JW and RI? That's how I feel with Bad Guy, they had to end it at episode 17 because the lead actor Kim Nam Gil had to go do his obligated 2 yr military service. Thank God Secret Garden is getting a real ending and a proper one.

Yes, this good drama is making fans crazy. Laughing then crying and then laughing and crying at the same time. Yeah, I was hooked by the first episode too.

Shellie, can you picture the whole drama ending at episode 17 and how sad it would've ended? or cliffhanger ending not knowing what would've happened between JW and RI? That's how I feel with Bad Guy, they had to end it at episode 17 because the lead actor Kim Nam Gil had to go do his obligated 2 yr military service. Thank God Secret Garden is getting a real ending and a proper one.

Yes, this good drama is making fans crazy. Laughing then crying and then laughing and crying at the same time. Yeah, I was hooked by the first episode too.
    i'm so glad i didn't watch bad guy all the way!! i only watch the first 3 or so episodes...whew! i would have gotten so mad if i spent all my time and get that! i did that for east of eden and what a pain!!

i cannot imagine SG ending after 17th...there would be an uproar!! lol starting in my own house! that driving off into the storm is way too much to leave it hanging.

it's late, i'm still up and rewatching SG...hahaha. some of the lines are so quirky and witty that i just cracked up! i love too that there is not the typical love triangle. that makes the drama so much more refreshing. they all know who they love and it just takes a bit more time for them to come to that realization.

one more day until episode 19!
    ---------
    Shellie

i'm so glad i didn't watch bad guy all the way!! i only watch the first 3 or so episodes...whew! i would have gotten so mad if i spent all my time and get that! i did that for east of eden and what a pain!!

i cannot imagine SG ending after 17th...there would be an uproar!! lol starting in my own house! that driving off into the storm is way too much to leave it hanging.

it's late, i'm still up and rewatching SG...hahaha. some of the lines are so quirky and witty that i just cracked up! i love too that there is not the typical love triangle. that makes the drama so much more refreshing. they all know who they love and it just takes a bit more time for them to come to that realization.

one more day until episode 19!
    I loved Bad Guy because Kim Nam Gil is such wonderful actor and handsome to boot. It ended at 17 and offing my main guy and having such an ending that should not have been had KNG not been required to go to military service for 2 yrs. It would've had a proper and more happier ending.Grrrrr!

Oh you're so lucky! Do you watch it on TV? I have to wait for these episodes to be subbed and watch it online.

I know! There's so many quirky and witty comments. In fact, I was just thinking of how Joo Won has all those little habits of Ah Young down...like how she leaves the bathroom door open and asks "Does it smell?" And Ra Im teases her about it in the recent episode. Hahah

Yeah, everyone knows who they love and there's no typical love triangle or square. In fact, I have this whole analogy about Oska and Seul and Joo Won and Ra Im that I was thinking of when I was watching it a couple episodes back. But right now, I don't have time to type that all out right now. Maybe later.

I hope the ending episodes are just as great as the first episodes. Hope it's a satisfying ending.

I'm watching My Princess with SSH and Kim Tae Hee. SSH is one fine man!

Hyun Bin like many other Korean actors before him has gone into military service for 2 yrs just yesterday (March 7th in Korea). He's going into Marine Corps. We won't be seeing him onscreen until after he's discharged from service on 12/06/2012.

More Info: http://en.viki.com/channels/1659-v-s...actor-hyun-bin

And he splits with SHK.

Yay!
    玉木宏

blog

I couldn't help but to think that he looked so much like Jackie Liu (?). The architecture of the house is pretty awesome. I'm not sure how it is to live in, but the way the 'bedroom' is open and on the top like that is pretty cool. I think my favorite part of the drama is when they switched bodies for the first time and when Joo Won was about to make the switch for the 3rd time.
    Less Than Perfect

I think Hyun Bin and Hye Kyo broke up before Secret Garden. So I think there wouldn't be third party issues. As for the drama, one of my favorite drama ever. Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin has an over flowing chemistry. It's funny, it's romantic and it's tearjerker. Well at least, it doesn't have so much heavy love problems like other dramas. The only problem they have is Hyun Bin's mother. I love this drama! ^___^