Thread: Sword Bathed in Flowers

Default Sword Bathed in Flowers

I would like to see someone translate this novel, I'd evem put in some money for them to translate it
    Yo momma cat

Are you referring to 浣花洗剑录? I started translating Chapter 1 a few months back but it was extremely difficult to drag myself through it. The first three paragraphs took me over an hour. It's a 60-chapter novel so it would take a considerable amount of time for even a team of translators to complete it, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Are you referring to 浣花洗剑录? I started translating Chapter 1 a few months back but it was extremely difficult to drag myself through it. The first three paragraphs took me over an hour. It's a 60-chapter novel so it would take a considerable amount of time for even a team of translators to complete it, unfortunately.
    MUHAHAHAHA, welcome to translating. It isn't all roses and puppies is it?
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne View Post
    I would like to see someone translate this novel, I'd evem put in some money for them to translate it
    I might be wrong but didn't someone at Wuxiasociety translate 40% - 50% or so of this novel 1.5 years ago? You should try your luck at that website, maybe by now they've already get it done 100%.

Really? Many years ago I recall seeing an unpolished chunk of Chapter 1 translated on a forum that no longer exists, but it had definitely been inactive for quite some time and the word count never got far. Maybe I'm just bad at searching but I never found it on Wuxiasociety before.

Edit: Here's all that I found...http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76
    Apparently the forum I saw more of Chapter 1 posted on was wuxiamania, which doesn't exist anymore.

Just for kicks I'll post my translation of the first three paragraphs. It's a bit different from the one in the link above.

Chapter 1: A Sword That Moves Jianghu

The cold wind cut like a knife. Layers of clouds were thick and heavy. The Bohai shore of wind and waves was even more sinister. But when gazing from a distance, it seemed like the sky touched the waters. In the darkness, ocean waves swept onto rocks like splashed ink. Suddenly, a ship mast carried by the waves hit the rocks: with a crack, the mast promptly broke into several segments. When the wave subsided, a pair of penetrating eyes flashed in the midst of the ocean waters. By the time the second wave rolled up and subsided, the pair of eyes had already approached closer to shore by two feet and its face could be faintly seen. Amidst such wind and waves in the cold night, it was said that a person would actually walk out of the ocean waves. It was a matter difficult to accept as truth, but after more than ten waves struck, sure enough a person’s shadow emerged and step by step approached the beach beside the rocks.

As a thunderbolt struck and lightning flashed in dense clouds, all that could be seen was a person’s shadow with wild hair trailing over his shoulders and covering half his face. Both hands firmly held a long sword, six feet in length, of strange shape and with a black sheath. Blue veins were exposed on the backs of his hands; it seemed as if he would rather lose everything on earth than loosen his hold on the sword for a moment. Upon looking at the situation, it was obvious that after the ship’s destruction, he had grasped the iron sword like a cane to walk step by step from the bottom of the ocean to shore. The mountains of ocean waves that struck failed to make him retreat. He walked a few steps after arriving on shore before his body collapsed on the ground. But in the split second before he collapsed, his body was completely straight like a spear, and his eyes were as severe as lightning!

The long night gradually passed. Layers of clouds gradually thinned. Daybreak descended on the beach upon the person fast asleep. Suddenly he turned over and jumped up; his left hand firmly held the long sword, and his agile and rapid movements were difficult to depict in words. But he was absolutely unwilling to waste a thread of his strength; he suddenly stood straight, the muscles of his entire body completely relaxed, and it seemed that his body was not at all robust. But it all matched him just to his advantage, and he had absolutely no unnecessary muscle. The skin of his hands, feet, and face were tanned an ancient copper color; at a glance he was just like a human statue engraved in steel. His shoulders were heavy, his nose was straight, and he seemed about thirty years old yet could also pass for about fifty.
    Last edited by Xaari; 01-14-11 at 05:51 PM.