Thread: Do you feel a compulsion to humble the haughty, or do you just not waste your time?

Default Do you feel a compulsion to humble the haughty, or do you just not waste your time?

What kind of person are you?

Are you the kind that every or most times you encounter somebody you feel is arrogant/haughty, you just *can't* resist taking the opportunity to humble them...or are you the kind who just shrugs, quietly rolls your eyes, and just walks away?

I used to be like the first type...when I was in high school haha. I'm more like the second type now. If someone needs humbling, I feel that life will teach them humility. That's not my job. People like that, if they're really as smart as they believe themselves to be, will begin to reflect on their own when they find themselves with fewer friends and acquaintances. In person, I'm a chatty and cheerful woman, and the haughty type of person is the one I often ignore. People take the hint quickly when I choose to ignore them. They leave me alone after that lol or I guess in their opinion, they're choosing not to socialize with me.

I don't normally consider myself anyone's intellectual superior either, so that's probably another reason why I would not feel compelled to smack anyone down to size. Even if I were preternaturally gifted, I probably still wouldn't.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I used to be like the first type...when I was in high school haha. I'm more like the second type now. If someone needs humbling, I feel that life will teach them humility. That's not my job. People like that, if they're really as smart as they believe themselves to be, will begin to reflect on their own when they find themselves with fewer friends and acquaintances. In person, I'm a chatty and cheerful woman, and the haughty type of person is the one I often ignore. People take the hint quickly when I choose to ignore them. They leave me alone after that lol or I guess in their opinion, they're choosing not to socialize with me.

I don't normally consider myself anyone's intellectual superior either, so that's probably another reason why I would not feel compelled to smack anyone down to size. Even if I were preternaturally gifted, I probably still wouldn't.
    I've known some people who are so obsessive about humbling the haughty that once they identify a person as too haughty for their tastes, they will stalk that haughty person and hang on that person's every word and action until they can find something to attack...and they do so repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I've known some people who are so obsessive about humbling the haughty that once they identify a person as too haughty for their tastes, they will stalk that haughty person and hang on that person's every word and action until they can find something to attack...and they do so repeatedly.
    What? LMAO! Sounds like alot of time and energy spent on being mean to another person. Any other motivation besides their own sense of self-righteousness in the mix?
    I like me.

not surprisingly, i'd often met people like this, self-righteous, and a strong desire to humble others. =p

im somewhere in between i think, if it gone overboard, i might try to ruff the person's feathers a little, but it always depend what is the underlying motive. for my own pride and glory, or for the good of the other party.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    What kind of person are you?

Are you the kind that every or most times you encounter somebody you feel is arrogant/haughty, you just *can't* resist taking the opportunity to humble them...or are you the kind who just shrugs, quietly rolls your eyes, and just walks away?
    second because chances are, they're not important to me so i don't care. i feel as if they'll get smack in the face sooner or later anyways. i'd rather invest all that time in myself because i know i'm just as awesome
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.