Thread: Does Golden Wheel Monk belong to the original Greats' generation, or GJ's generation?

Default Does Golden Wheel Monk belong to the original Greats' generation, or GJ's generation?

In terms of age, the Golden Wheel Monk falls somewhere between the generation of the original Greats (e.g. East Heretic, North Beggar, etc.) and the generation of Gwok Jing. That being the case...which generation would the monk belong to as wulin organizes generations?

It would depend on during what time he reached Great level arts. I doubt he was Great level during LOCH and certainly not during the first Mount Hua, so he'd fall in GJ's generation. But if you're just going by age then it could probably be either.

If GWM did not work for the Mongol empire, I wonder whether he would be active in wulin like Ouyeung Fung in LOCH. GWM doesn't seem to care much about status in wulin and 9 yin manual or any martial art from the greats. Without working for the Mongol empire, I would say he might just find a peaceful and quiet place to settle down.