Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Days In Life 《隔離七日情》

Default 7 Days In Life 《隔離七日情》

this series is so good, anyone catching this atm?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-03-11 at 06:11 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I'm only on episode 6, but its unique story-telling is really tying me in. I love the Bosco/Joyce duo and Patrick is absolutely hilarious. I'm a bit disappointed at Steven and Sonija's performances though, because their characters seem to have so much potential.

arggg i got turned off by the first ep. i dont like steven ma. he exaggerate way too much

Quote Originally Posted by scarlee View Post
    I'm only on episode 6, but its unique story-telling is really tying me in. I love the Bosco/Joyce duo and Patrick is absolutely hilarious. I'm a bit disappointed at Steven and Sonija's performances though, because their characters seem to have so much potential.
    I'm up to episode 14 and agree with you except about Sonija. She's quite fine in this drama except whenever she's with Steven. Steven is disappointing in this series and Links to Temptation or maybe the character doesn't fit him. Sonija on the other hand is improving well.

Bosco, Patrick, Mimi, Yuen Wah, Joyce, Oceane Zhu, Eric Li are doing well.

Koni Lui isn't doing that well. Coleman has some good dialogues but I've seen kids with better acting.
    Last edited by goggle; 02-12-11 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goggle View Post
    Coleman has some good dialogues but I've seen kids with better acting.
    Who is Coleman?

I'm up to episode 14 and agree with you except about Sonija. She's quite fine in this drama except whenever she's with Steven. Steven is disappointing in this series and Links to Temptation or maybe the character doesn't fit him. .
    I'm only up to episode 2. So far, I find it enjoyable.

Steven's acting was adequate but not great. I think it's because of the hype Steven got for this role. He got very good feedback for his performance in this role according to news report (entertainment news nowadays just report on what netizens said) and I also read good comments from forums. So, I expected a breakthrough performance. But, Steven is just the same Steven.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-12-11 at 10:35 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Who is Coleman?

I'm only up to episode 2. So far, I find it enjoyable.

Steven's acting was adequate but not great. I think it's because of the hype Steven got for this role. He got very good feedback for his performance in this role according to news report (entertainment news nowadays just report on what netizens said) and I also read good comments from forums. So, I expected a breakthrough performance. But, Steven is just the same Steven.
    Coleman is the kidnapped kid. Since you're only up to episode 2 you won't see much of him yet

Steven's role is interesting but he tried too hard to be the cool and suave thief and it becomes unnatural...yea it's not that he's bad, but he's just the same Steven who's caught in some complicated love. Well technically his fans and couple-pair fans will be swarmed by him so there comes the comments. Unlike his fans, I as a non fan find his storyline with Sonija boring and takes away the uniqueness and pace of the series, but everyone has different opinion

I like the pairing of Bosco and Joyce. I don't know whether their relationship will blossom into something more than friends, but, they have good chemistry so far. I hope by the end of 7 days, there will be something budding.

Joyce has improved a lot compared to her performance in Off Pedder. She is very natural in this series.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-17-11 at 12:10 PM.

I find Steven's acting here to be too similar to Links to Temptation (which I didn't like), or maybe its Steven Ma overkill to watch two series back to back. The Steven/Sonija storyline really drags the show down when there is already enough subplots going on. Sonija seems to have really improved except when she has to act all stupid in love (uggghh).

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I find Steven's acting here to be too similar to Links to Temptation (which I didn't like), or maybe its Steven Ma overkill to watch two series back to back. The Steven/Sonija storyline really drags the show down when there is already enough subplots going on. Sonija seems to have really improved except when she has to act all stupid in love (uggghh).
    Agree on the Steven/Sonija storyline dragging the show down. I like both Sonija and Steven, but, their storyline failed to interest me after first 3 - 4 episodes. I'm up to episode 7 now. I would rather watch the other casts' storyline than watching their 'she wants to settle down but he doesn't want commitment' love story. Honestly. Christy should just dump this guy already and move on. Their never-ending attempt to get the diamond also fizzles out in it's attraction, but, I know this part is necessary to move the plot along, so, I don't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Steven is at his most comfort in ancient series...he has good clothes in both series above and looking all groomed up, but although he tried to sport different hairstyles and eye styles..Steven is Steven.

From what I watched the whole kidnapping and trapped event feels like the main plot, but Steven/Sonija subplot takes a major part of the series and has a detached feeling from the main plot.

I have watched up to episode 18. The series is getting good with most subplots and twists being tied up. Interestingly I don't mind some cliches that comes up.

Watching episode 8. It's funny how Christy and Calvin keep assuming more and more people are involved in stealing the diamond, from Jing Jing to Jame Tou, when they are the only ones who are interested in the diamond. The others are busy with their own thing.

chingchingching in asianfanatics told me that those strangling acts between Bosco and Joyce are their own creation. Not on the script. I was really surprise. Nice to know that they add their own innovation to the script. I love those strangling scenes. It's comical and it shows their closeness.

But, these scenes also show they are more 'hing dai' than potential lovers, although I feel that Jing Jing got a little bit of feeling for Lung.

I'm surprised by Oceane Zhu's performance. She's really comical too. I've only seen her in one other movie which was 'Perfect Wedding' and she didn't leave any impression on me. Only looking back at her info I remember she acted in 'Perfect Wedding' as one of Miriam's friends. But, in here she was funny as the fake super model (people called her 'A goods super model'. 'A goods' means pirated goods).
    Last edited by kidd; 02-21-11 at 10:38 PM.

I actually thought Steven did a pretty decent job....I think its because he usually plays a "good good guy"...this is the first role (well that I remember) that he plays a flirt and a not so good guy (throughout the series u think he bad evil too)...and its a little "unnatural" to see hiim in this role. I didn't like his charater at all in "link to temptation" it was so boring... but I ended up more interested in his character in this series..although it wasn't like a major builtup....I still think Steven's best performance, to which he recieved an award. was that martial arts series "safeguards"..I think....

but I agree that I was actually more interested in watching Mimi and the funny guy (don't remember his name) and even bosco and joyce..oh and definitely I enjoyed watching oceane zhu's performance also! she was funny to watch...

overall i think the fact that they added a comical turn to the series with the kidnapping made the series less boring to watch...it isn't a bad series...a bit different too...

I think Steven did a better job at the last few episodes. So, I conclude that Steven can play evil/psycho but not casanova.

Steven is better from episode 18-20, basically when he got a more interesting thing to do and his character to control the series focus by getting the kid. He's decent but for a character this interesting and from someone at his experienced stage I expect more, and don't be a casanova again lol :P. Same thoughts here, his best performance was in Safe Guards.

Unlike most people out there I have to confess that I don't focus at Steven much in this series . So many people are supporting and praising him anyway so it wouldn't hurt if I root for the others hahah. I focus on Bosco more although Ah Long is nothing extraordinary but I enjoyed him and his chemistry with everyone. Although only a second lead, at times his presence feels like the lead too, especially when he's with Sonija and when confronting Steven. I also love Joyce and Oceane's presence and will look forward for more of them. We need fresh young faces TVB! Patrick and Mimi are very good to watch, I've never liked Patrick performance before. Mimi is awesome as Girl Gaga and I love her singing bits. Yuen Wah is at his usual game and nothing extraordinary but I enjoyed him too.

I liked the old couple's story too. It may be a bit preachy but it's sweet to me . Kwok Fung isn't bad too. He's always a competent actor.

My most favourite storyline is about Patrick and Mimi with Coleman the kid. It's cute and endearing that they both changed for the better after the encounter.
    Last edited by goggle; 02-21-11 at 10:29 PM.

The last episode when the prisoners were dancing too I practically LOLed . That's funny! Many don't like the open ending but I like the open ending with Sonija. It's more meaningful that way.

Overall this series might not be everyone's choice and some of my friends said it's boring and have too many storylines which make not even the lead couple can stick out much over the others. I don't mind this situation. It's not like Korean dramas where automatically we know that the series will be 98% about A and B loving each other, while C and D are the 3rd parties. This is what we call an ensemble piece from an ensemble cast.

Overall this series might not be everyone's choice and some of my friends said it's boring and have too many storylines which make not even the lead couple can stick out much over the others. I don't mind this situation. It's not like Korean dramas where automatically we know that the series will be 98% about A and B loving each other, while C and D are the 3rd parties. This is what we call an ensemble piece from an ensemble cast.
    I actually feel that the many storylines make the series interesting. Each guest has his/her own story to tell. I like that. Focusing on just the leads will be wasting the premise of the series. Why need to always make the lead stick out?
    I agree with you. This is an ensemble piece from and ensemble cast. I watch it as an ensemble effort. I even enjoy watching the antics of the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I actually feel that the many storylines make the series interesting. Each guest has his/her own story to tell. I like that. Focusing on just the leads will be wasting the premise of the series. Why need to always make the lead stick out?
    I agree with you. This is an ensemble piece from and ensemble cast. I watch it as an ensemble effort. I even enjoy watching the antics of the staff.
    This is a rare series from TVB where even supporting actors got their conclusions and endings . This series is a nice experimental effort from everyone, albeit underrated because of the nonconventional formula.

I think I grew to all of them. When they were all at the 1-year reunion and Mimi started to sing I actually feel touched and sad. It was a tacky dancing, but it was a nice reunion

Actually, Steven Ma character role as Calvin wasn't such an evil guy after all because Most of the characters role that he's played in the past few years was a good & Funny guy role. It was very sad that he got cancer.

This is the best series so far this year. More than good, and maybe even great.

The scriptwriters delivers something refreshing finally and the story takes place in a hotel in the duration of 7 days. The interactions of the hotel guests gradually are observed and the story gradually unfolds. Each person has their unique story as well as their own secrets.

As far as characters, Calvin (Steven Ma) and Christy (Sonija Kwok) definitely shines. Most of TVB series these days has dry and boring lame characterization for the leads, but Calvin and Christy's relationship will keep you at the edge of your seats as you wonder if Calvin really loves Christy.

All I can say about Bosco is that he plays a cop investigating on a kidnapping case.

Joyce plays a blundering reporter with a kind heart. Basically the same role as she did in Off Peddar. BTW, I can't see her as anything else.

I must say Oceane was the newbie here that blew me away even more than Koni who seems to be typecasted in roles where she can exploit her sex appeal to the best of her ability. I didn't care much about Oceane at first and when her identity was revealed, I was surprised probably because she spoke Mandarin in the series. I definitely won't mind seeing her onscreen more in future series as she has charisma. Much better than Christine Kuo who can barely even speak her lines properly, let alone act.