Chinese Title: 魚躍在花見
English Title: The Rippling Blossom
Genre: Modern Love Story
Filming: October 2009 - January 2010
Filming Locations: Hong Kong, Japan
Producer: Chong Wai Kit
RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 7, 2011
Chilam (Julian) Cheung
Synopsis (Translation by: aZnangel)
After Hong Kong's famous food and drink tycoon passed away, he left his family with a Japanese style sushi restaurant to his second wife Kong Ying Yuet (Lui Yau Wai), her son YU CHI HIU (Michael Tse) and third wife's son YU CHI YING (Chilam Cheung). To be a remarkable sushi master, HIU put his heart and soul into creating the perfect sushi. Although he and his half-brother YING are from the same father, different mother, their family gets along harmoniously. Soon after, the brothers meet their father's first wife LAN YUNG YUNG (Angelina Lo) who has evil intentions to disturb and cause trouble to the sushi restaurant. As the sushi restaurant is at stake, they send a 'letter of war' to YUNG, but YUNG makes use of her private nurse CHOI SI LUNG (Tavia Yeung) to get in the way. HIU and LUNG engages in a 'fantasy and real' relationship with mutual torment, until HIU gets depressed. Meanwhile, delivery of fresh fish is completely shut off, YING had to personally fly over to Hokkaido and make the fish purchases. On the flight to Japan, he coincidentally meets the troublesome rich girl KEUNG KEUNG (Myolie Wu). At the fish market, the two meet MO YUNG CHING (Damian Lau) known as the '100 Eyes Fish God' and there YING discovers that he is actually natural talent. To rescue the sushi restaurant, the two brothers encounters attacks in their career, family and relationship. Eventually, the two will compete in a showdown...
A Hong Kong dining mogul leaves behind a sushi restaurant to his second wife, KONG YING-YUET (Lui Yau Wai), their son, YU CHI-HIU (Tse Tin Wah) and the son from his third wife, YU CHI-YING (Cheung Chi Lam).
HIU and YING are remarkable Japanese cuisine chefs whose main aim in life is to pursue excellence in chefhood. Although HIU and YING have different mothers, they get along very well.
When their father's first wife, LANG YUNG-YUNG (Lo Yuen Yan) creates trouble for the restaurant, HIU declares to challenge her, claiming whoever wins will have the restaurant.
YUNG sends her personal nurse, CHOI SZ-LUNG (Tavia Yeung) to get close to HIU. He is completely smitten by love for her but soon becomes unhappy with their lukewarm relationship.
On the other hand, their supply for fresh food has been shut out. YING has to make a trip to Hokkaido, Japan to buy fish. He meets KEUNG KEUNG (Myolie Wu), a willful girl from a wealthy family on the plane. They also meet MOYUNG CHING (Damian Lau) who is known as "The God of Fish" by chance in the fish market.
As HIU and YING meet with setbacks in their career, family and their loved ones after their attempt to save the restaurant, the two brothers decide to have a competition.
- Chilam is a Japanese culinary teacher
- Chilam and Myolie will pairing up
- Tavia is Pierre's wife, but is romantically linked with Chilam and Michael Tse
- Chilam has a crush on Tavia
- Michael and Chilam are half-brothers
- Damian is Myolie's dad
- Tavia and Ken Hung are siblings
- Tavia is a private nurse to Angelina Lo and later marries Pierre
- Tavia's romantic storyline will be complicated, as it involves love and revenge. She gets used by Angelina Lo to take revenge on Chilam-Michael.
- Myolie will be a tad evil and like brand names. She will play a spoiled rich girl, but she will only be rich in the first two episodes. Myolie will also be speaking some Japanese in the series. She will be a picky eater, who constantly criticizes Michael's food.
- Myolie will run away from home and meet Chi Lam and Michael in Japan.
- Angelina Lo is the first wife of Chilam-Michael's father, and Pierre is her son.
- Pierre is mentally challenged brother of Michael and Chilam
Just watched the 1st episode. The drama is hilarious. The characters and editing style is refreshing too. For Chilam fans, you get to see him shake his butt. ;p