Thread: A letter that Kublai Khan might have written to Yeung Gor post-ROCH

Default A letter that Kublai Khan might have written to Yeung Gor post-ROCH

I'm thinking that after the end of ROCH, the new Mongol Khan and future Yuan Emperor of China, Kublai Khan, probably sat at his desk and wrote such a letter to his old buddy, Yeung Gor:

Yeung Gor,

'Sup, Dude? It's been a while. More than sixteen years, I think. Howyadoin?

Anyway, just wanted to write this short note to thank you for offing my brother Mongke for me at Seung Yeung. You see, I kinda always wanted to be the Great Khan of all the Mongolians, but with my older brother around, I wasn't able to score the job. Oh, I could have started a war against him, but that kinda stuff is frowned upon, know what I mean? So you saved me a lot of trouble. When he said he wanted to attack Seung Yeung and he didn't want my help, well...hey...I just let the man go ahead, you know?

Oh, BTW: don't worry about killing off the Golden Wheel Monk and that useless, sniveling coward of a so-called "brother" of mine, Fok Do. I never really liked those guys anyway.

Anyway, enjoy the gift basket. It's got this stuff called "grape wine" from the Western Regions. In fact, why don't you and the Mrs. take a long vacation out in the Western Regions...all expenses paid on my tab? Just tell the folks out there that you're friends of Kublai, and you can get anything you want.

Got to run! Got kingdoms to conquer and cities to pillage. See ya 'round!

Your Old Buddy,

Kublai

This note and a gift basket loaded with bottles of wine, fresh fruits, and certificates good for use at all inns and taverns in the Western Regions of the Mongol Empire were left at the entrance of the Ancient Tomb compound at Mt. Chung Nam.

Wow, good imagination, Ken. I wonder whether Kublai wanted Mongke dead. After all, Mongke is his full blooded brother.