Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Pearl [女娲传说之灵珠] 2011

Default Holy Pearl [女娲传说之灵珠] 2011

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://c1.viki.com/uploads/user_uploaded_images/pages/page_4102_user_73911_1296610152Holypearl.jpg')

Title: 女娲传说之灵珠 / Nu Wa Chuan Shuo Zhi Ling Zhu
    English title: Holy Pearl
    Genre: Chinese mythology, adventure, romance
    Episodes: 39
    Broadcast network: ZJSTV
    Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-17

Gillian Chung as Ding Yao / Xian Yue
    Purba Rgyal as Wen Tian
    Patrick Tam as Rong Di
    Guo Zhen Ni as Mu Lian
    Sun Xing as Shi You Ming
    Jiang Yi as Wu Dao
    Liu Ting Yu as Mo Yin
    TAE as Wei Liao
    Li Qian as Yu Die

Jealous of her sister's popularity with the human they protect, Mo Yin, the human form of Goddess Tengshe, colluded with the Demon Lord Shi You Ming to kill her sister Xian Yue. The act upset the balance between the God/ Human/ Demon worlds giving demons an upper hand. Xian Yue reincarnated as Ding Yao and returned to restore order. With the help of Wen Tian, a human-dragon hybrid, she set on a mission to re-forge the anti-demon vase using the holy pearls that Goddess Nuwa left behind from creating the human world.

info taken from wiki.d-addicts.com

Has anyone heard about or is watching this? I just came across it on viki.com yesterday, unfortunately they don't have any subs and I don't understand mandarin
    I watched the trailer though and even though over half of the cast is unknown to me it seemed good!

I heard that it is based on the anime/manga Inuyasha, but they didn't totally copy it right off (*cough* like Yu Zheng loves to do *cough*).

the trailer has subs!
    Last edited by abc123lol; 02-12-11 at 04:13 PM.

I just saw a 2 episodes of this yesterday without knowing that it was suppose to be based on Inuyasha, so I was a bit surprised when the setup turned out so similar. But if they actually credited it to Inuyasha, then it's perfectly fine even if they copied it right off (it'll be like an adaption).

Even so, from what I've seen thus far, it's only the romantic line between the two leads and the basic premise (going around the land trying to recover broken pieces of the holy object while fighting off demons) that are similar thus far. They changed up a lot of the background information and created more complications in the character relationships.

On the side note, the male lead (Purba Rgyal) looks a bit like Wang Leehom to me. I haven't seen enough to really judge his acting though. But I'm really NOT feeling his hairstyle and little horns...
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 02-12-11 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    On the side note, the male lead (Purba Rgyal) looks a bit like Wang Leehom to me. I haven't seen enough to really judge his acting though. But I'm really NOT feeling his hairstyle and little horns...
    hey, now that you mention it, he sorta does, doesnt he? of course, leehom is hotter but lol at the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    LMAO YES, I'm totally NOT liking his look either... it makes him look so silly =.=
    Oohhh wow, so that is who he was resembling, I kept thinking he looked like someone but I couldn't put my finger on it.

The male lead's name is Purba Rgyal? Ethnic name? I've seen him in other series he's in, and he's quite....uhm, pretty? Maybe elegant? If it's based on Inuyasha, I would definitely watch it haha. Does the lead in the series also have a super bad a$$ and uber handsome older brother like the anime/manga?

Oh yeah, he def looks like Wang Lee Hom from a distance. Google tells me that he's Tibetan.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Does the lead in the series also have a super bad a$$ and uber handsome older brother like the anime/manga?
    YES!

So I wasn't digging the hairstyle/horns of Wen Tian (Purba Rgyal's character) either, but it kinda grew on me. And I could not stand Gillian's modern character, Ding Yao, at first, but she grew on me too. They really are quite cute together.

Storyline is keeping me interested, and I'm 2/3 of the way through already.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 02-13-11 at 02:09 AM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    The male lead's name is Purba Rgyal? Ethnic name? I've seen him in other series he's in, and he's quite....uhm, pretty? Maybe elegant? If it's based on Inuyasha, I would definitely watch it haha. Does the lead in the series also have a super bad a$$ and uber handsome older brother like the anime/manga?

Oh yeah, he def looks like Wang Lee Hom from a distance. Google tells me that he's Tibetan.
    Yep, baidu tells me that he's Tibetan, too.

As for the brother, I suppose he's kind of bada$$, but I don't know about the handsome part. I mean, the actor isn't bad looking, but with the costume, hair, and get up is not that flattering. I mean, it isn't like manga/anime where you can have long flowing white hair, wear a fur tail, have strange markings over your face and still have people take you seriously.

Same goes for Wen Tian's little horns. Makes me want to laugh everytime I see them.

^^LOL! Two divergent opinions. I think maybe the brother's face can grow on me since he does seem kind of cool. It's a good looking face but the odd colored hair makes me laugh. Looks like he has some sort of relationship with Guo Zhen Ni's character.

And yeah..those horns, lol. I didn't know that Purba Rgyal could do juvenile demonic so well. Gillian is 3 [?] years older than him, but I guess the age difference is not substantial enough to tell...in fact she looks younger than he does!
    I like me.

Oh hey I saw the theme song and trailer but I didn't know it was the drama of Inuyasha. Sweet, cool. I hope they dont' kill it.

The hero looks like Wang Lee hom, and you know what I've seen him somewhere before. Oh Yea his name is Pu Ba Jia. He sings and dances in tibetian (yes, he is tibetian). I remember watching him sing, he is really HOT and sings really well. You guys should check him out. He does look like Wang Lee hom when I saw the trailer.

Oh yea he sang a song called 月亮之上 by Phoenix Legend on stage. Thats how I remembering seeing him on TV before. He is has a nice voice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEhL...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viAo_5JndzI

Wow so this is going to be a new comeback for Gillian Cheung. Well, no offense, I'm not a big fan of her acting, so hopefully she pulls it through. I do agree that Pu Ba Jia fits perfect as Inuyasha. His tallness and hunky look does remind me of Inuyasha. Well Hopefully this drama is good.

Everyone seemed to grow on me. It took a while to get used to the cheesy hair and costumes. By around ep. 10, I didn't even notice Wen Tian's horn.

I've grown to like Purba Rgyal. This is my first time watching him, and my first impression wasn't great, but he changed my opinion. His acting is quite good, and he has some really cute expressions.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 02-13-11 at 02:48 AM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    YES!

So I wasn't digging the hairstyle/horns of Wen Tian (Purba Rgyal's character) either, but it kinda grew on me. And I could not stand Gillian's modern character, Ding Yao, at first, but she grew on me too. They really are quite cute together.

Storyline is keeping me interested, and I'm 2/3 of the way through already.
    You're right. It'll probably get better once you get used to the silly looks.
    The characters are actually pretty likable. Personally I like Wen Tian & Ding Yao much better than their Inuyasha counterparts (whom I really didn't care for at all). Wen Tian is a not as much of a jerk and brat and Ding Yao is less of an airhead and more entertaining. Purba's acting is still a bit raw but I think he does have quite some charisma and screen presence.

I'm only on episode 4. Did they create equivalent characters for the side kicks (the monk and the demon slayer girl)?

Quote Originally Posted by lilo_neda View Post
    Oh hey I saw the theme song and trailer but I didn't know it was the drama of Inuyasha. Sweet, cool. I hope they dont' kill it.
    It's not exactly the live action drama for Inuyasha, but it borrows the basic character and plot set up from Inuyasha. So if you're viewing it as an individual series, you'll see it as a rip off of Inuyasha. But if you view it as an adaption of Inuyasha, it'll look extremely butchered .
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 02-13-11 at 04:52 AM.

Are you serious. If i see it as an adaption of Inuyasha, then it is ruined. Oooh No... Then the other choice is to view it as a rip off of Inuyasha. Honestly either way still doesn't sound good. Well hopefully when I have time, I'll give it a try and watch it. Hopefully its good. I might have a hard time watching it, since I'm not a big fan of Gillian. Ok well lets hope its good.

Can I say that I find Leehom better looking? Even though they do look alike at some angles =P

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Can I say that I find Leehom better looking? Even though they do look alike at some angles =P
    I CONCUR! lol that's what i said like 10 posts ago

^Lol. I just googled that actor's name and I was like "Hey, it's a more awkward-looking version of Wang Leehom!"
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^Lol. I just googled that actor's name and I was like "Hey, it's a more awkward-looking version of Wang Leehom!"
    LOL that caused me to google him to, and i just need to say that in SOME shots (FAR AWAY) he kinda looks like leehom, but leehom is SO much better looking

Watched this series even though I didn't understand Chinese. The reason I watched it was because when I first saw the trailer, I thought it was basically a direct copy of Inuyasha and I wanted to see how it would turn out. There are bits and bits that are changed and more side characters but the beginning is basically the same. However, once it gets to the middle, it's like watching a different show...

The series isn't so bad, it was enjoyable but I'm not completely happy with it either. I guess they didn't bother to get copyrights for Inuyasha so they basically copy it, change the names, add some more characters, butchered other characters and called it something else.

The ending...I didn't like it either...
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

The hero look HOT, he does remind me of Wang Leehom, I'll definitely watch, I love Inuyasha series, hopefully not the same ending

It does not have the same ending as the Inuyasha manga but I wish it did. I actually like the ending of the manga...
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

Sorry, this series ending is anything but happy. Yes its based on "Inuyasha" in the beginning but as its moves on into the middle of the drama the story takes a different turn. Plus, the lead actor who plays Wen Tain is much more sweeter and gentle compared to Inuyasha's bad attitude. The director of this series mentioned he's making plans for a sequel. I hope a sequel really will debut next year because to leave the ending like that would be wrong. I mean, she by herself with a lot of work coming her way and she needs him more than anything.