Thread: Chinese RPG "幽城幻劍錄" ("Castle") getting a fan translation

Default Chinese RPG "幽城幻劍錄" ("Castle") getting a fan translation

Hey everyone! I thought the spcnet community - and particularly those members who follow Chinese-language media closely - might take some interest in this:

Back around 2001 a really awesome RPG called "幽城幻劍錄" (part of the wider "Tian Di Jie" series and commonly nicknamed "Castle" in the West) was released in Taiwan, and of course it never received the translation/localization it sorely deserved. Some of you have probably played it more than I have! In any case, a friend and I have been working with a group of source language fans in giving this Chinese-language gem an English translation.

To make a long story shorter, I'll just link to some pics and our video demo:

*Pics

*Video

The script is a little less than 50% translated all files considered, and we're scouting around for more help if anyone's interested. Translators will only have to work with text -- all the technical stuff has been handled already. The source-language script is in Traditional Chinese; names and terminology are being expressed in English using the pinyin system. There's a Youtube longplay of the game that'll be a real help in getting newcomers to the project familiarized with context and characterization, if they haven't played it before.

If you have any questions (or critique, for that matter!) feel free to post here. Our project forum is here for anyone interested in joining. We're also looking for tips as far as other forums where bilingual Chinese/English-speaking gamers hang out.
    Last edited by FaustWolf; 02-14-11 at 08:36 PM.

Oh... I play Taiwan rpgs but I don't think I've ever came across this. Thanks for the alert.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

oh man i played through this 5 times. great game, but the ending is REALLY sad X( I shed a few tears when I beat it. does this game work on win7 cause I have a ton of Taiwanese RPGs in my collection.

Wait what system is this game on? It looks great!
    YANG

Aw just research and found out that this is on PC only. That sucks. I was hoping it be on PSP or something.
    YANG