Thread: Divine Condor Appreciation Thread

Default Divine Condor Appreciation Thread

This is one of my fav character in JY:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7821/condor.png')

I am disgusted by the lack of attention that this mythical creature receives:

• He may have had the longest lifespan of any character in JY (possibly exceeding that of even Zhang Sanfeng!)
    • He was a sparring partner of the great Dugu Qiubai who deemed him worthy of being his companion
    • His physical strength was so formidable that it even earned the respect of ROCH Greats
    • Because he is clearly the oldest character to appear in ROCH, even ROCH Greats should address him as an elder
    • He helped Yang Guo reach Great level by teaching him swords and feeding him snake bladders.
    • He fought alongside Yang Guo and upheld justice for 16 years
    • He helped battle against the troops at Xiangyang and was able to repel arrows with the wind generated from his wings

The Divine Condor has earned my utmost respect and I just can't a find a reason to dislike him.

If there is more notable points of greatness you would like to add feel free to contribute!

<3 Divine Condor. He's simply too likable. There really isn't much more to add...there's not much known about this creature.

Why is it always translated as "condor"? That bird in the picture is obviously an eagle (a condor's head looks way different), plus 鵰 is eagle, not condor.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteskwirl View Post
    Why is it always translated as "condor"?
    It probably started when TVB first called it condor...
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

I've always felt that that YG should've named his sword technique after the condor (i.e. Shen Diao Zhong Jian -The Heavy Sword of the Divine Condor).

hmm... that's a good alternative name for Ancient Mountain Hammer...

Slinging Mud and Water... sense motive to negate and concentration to attack...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

I wonder if Divine Condor meat tastes any good...

It's a question that perhaps Yeung Gor asked himself a few times during those many years.

He can start by eating Guo Jing and Huang Rong's two condors. They were readily available in Passionless valley after they bought the farm... maybe as part of a reunion feast with XLN? Condor drumsticks glazed in jade bee honey? XLN's probably sick of eating fish for 16 years...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by devilz91 View Post
    The Divine Condor has earned my utmost respect and I just can't a find a reason to dislike him.

yes, but it will have many reason to dislike u and peck you to death just for making those silly red markers on it's owners photo like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Lie Ming View Post
    yes, but it will have many reason to dislike u and peck you to death just for making those silly red markers on it's owners photo like that...
    I always got the feeling that post ROCH, that Big Condor probably hated XLN so maybe would not be unhappy about the red marks. He has to hear YG yammering on about XLN for 16 years, then she comes back and YG basically ignores Big Condor for the rest of the story. She probably whines about moving back to the tomb whose only entrance is swimming under the river, of course YG gives in. Big Condor probably gave them a big feather middle finger before he hiked back up the mountains.