Thread: Campaign against spammers

Default Campaign against spammers

Lately, I saw a number of threads created by spammers advertising and selling gadgets. I hate it very much, especially in spcnet forum, when my intetion of dropping by this forum is to look on some interesting wuxia debates.

To prevent this kind of people from infesting our forum with spams, I'm having a very sinister plan ... to call on all forum members to wage war against them. "How?", you may ask.

Well, simply by signing up their listed emails to other spam sites to render their email useless. Give them a taste of their own medicine. What do you say?
    Last edited by shortsight; 02-18-11 at 10:09 AM.

Thing is, those spammers are automated bots. No one reads the emails that they sign up with. You're pretty much trying to annoy a computer program.

Spcnet should try the ideas I've suggested earlier. Make all moderators super mods with moderation rights in all forums (with Suet Seung an additional admin). And/or restrict new members to posting rights only in an entrance hall type forum, where they have to show they're proper posters before an admin upgrades their status to a regular member with posting rights in all forums.

Admins, please allow us to report spam posts in rapid succession. When I click the triangle sign to report a post, I am required to wait 60 seconds. This is annoying. Thanks.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking for more help!

I suggest give regulars like kidd and PJ permission to delete them.