Thread: How long could SMCS have lasted against DG1H if the latter hadn't been drained?

Default How long could SMCS have lasted against DG1H if the latter hadn't been drained?

Most are of the opinion that had Fok Teen Ching not first drained away most or all of Dook Goo 1 Hok's inner power, Sai Mun Chui Sheut would not have been able to kill DG1H (and likely would have been killed by the old Taoist instead). Indeed, even *without* inner power, DG1H managed to last thirty strokes against SMCS - an unprecedented feat (none of SMCS's previous foes lasted more than three strokes against him).

If Dook Goo 1 Hok had been at full strength, how many strokes would SMCS have lasted against him? Could DG1H have single-stroked SMCS, or would it still have been a long fight?

See the below quotes.

Lu XiaoFeng and Hua ManLou were not discussing women, they were not in the mood. They were discussing XiMen ChuiXue.

"I only hope that he hasn't found DuGu YiHe yet." Lu XiaoFeng observed.

"You don't think he is a match for DuGu YiHe?" Hua ManLou asked.

"His sword techniques are quick and lethal, not one bit of compassion in them, just like the person that he is, it never leaves any choice for his foes."

Hua ManLou slowly nodded.

"If a man leaves no choices for his foes, it is the same as not leaving himself any choices." He observed.

"That is why, once his sword is unsheathed, if it can't injure others, then he has consigned himself to death!"

"But he isn't dead."

"That's only because he hasn't met a foe like DuGu YiHe until now."

Lu XiaoFeng paused momentarily before continuing.

"DuGu's sword techniques carry behind them a nastiness, with great inner strength, devastating offensives and an even more devastating defense, add to that the fact that his experience in fighting is something that XiMen could not match. That's why if XiMen can't succeed by the 30th move, then he would undoubtedly die under DuGu's sword."

"And you think that there is no chance of him succeeding within 30 moves?"

"Nobody can take DuGu's life within 30 moves, that applies to XiMen ChuiXue as well!" Lu XiaoFeng sighed.
    "Even though his techniques had openings, as soon as I start to make my move with my sword, he would immediately compensate for the openings. I have never met anyone who knows where the openings of his very own techniques are, but he knew."

"All the sword skills in the world have openings, but there really isn't that many who knows where the openings of his own sword skills are." Lu XiaoFeng agreed.

"I made my move 3 times, all three times they were fended off, by then I knew I couldn't kill him. If you couldn't kill with a sword technique that only kills, then it is you who are to die."

"Although you are conceited, at least you know your own weaknesses." Lu XiaoFeng sighed. "That is why you are still alive!"

"I am still alive only because after 30 moves, his techniques suddenly turned chaotic."

"A master like him, if his techniques suddenly turn chaotic, there can only be two reasons."

XiMen ChuiXue waited for further explanation.

"If his heart and mind was in turmoil, then his sword techniques must as well."

"His heart and mind was not in turmoil."

"Could it be that his inner strength was running out?"
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 02-21-11 at 11:47 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

That's SMCS on the offensive, however. We *know* that SMCS can't kill DG1H within thirty strokes (or at all, if DG1H isn't drained), but would a full-strength DG1H on the offensive need thirty strokes to kill SMCS?