Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Forbidden City The City Of Disillusionment (幻滅紫禁城)

I saw Mr. Bean in a commercial for movie once, but don't know much about him.

Yeah, Beanie scares me too. Hence, I directed charby to share her love and spam your profile instead.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I saw Mr. Bean in a commercial for movie once, but don't know much about him.

Yeah, Beanie scares me too. Hence, I directed charby to share her love and spam your profile instead.
    What?! You mean you sicced charbydis on me? So she and her Mr Bean pics were rejected everywhere and you advised her to post them on my profile page??? Bad tweety! I thought you were my friend!

Actually, I was referring to Mel kissing Wallace Chung in mor ethan one thread and Tweety would be unhappy.

Mr. Bean is a UK comedy character, initially famous in short TV episodes, then he moved onto movies. He is played by the talented Rowan Atkinson, who is much more intelligent and sophisticated in real life.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Is anyone reading my story? Or should I just turn the thread into a Mr. Bean Photo Gallery to please Mel and Tweety?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    What?! You mean you sicced charbydis on me? So she and her Mr Bean pics were rejected everywhere and you advised her to post them on my profile page??? Bad tweety! I thought you were my friend!
    I consider you a close friend, hence we need to share the good, bad, and ugly together. So if I have to suffer charby’s fugly pics, as my friend, you need to share my misery. Right, buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Actually, I was referring to Mel kissing Wallace Chung in mor ethan one thread and Tweety would be unhappy.
    Mel’s assumption is funnier. Still funny

Is anyone reading my story? Or should I just turn the thread into a Mr. Bean Photo Gallery to please Mel and Tweety?
    Oh fine! Stop your threats . Since I have some free time before studying for my next exam, I will get a head start on reading your story. Btw, you got Suzaku reading this story and commenting. If you post the story on Winglin, I'd drop by there too

Smile

tweety -
    Friends should share everything except for the Mr. Beanie curse from charbydis.

Hey, thanks so much for the new story poster! See my story thread for my comment.

Yea, I think my assumption on why "tweety is not happy" is funnier.

charbydis -
    Don't worry, charby. Tweety was just excitedly making Wallace Chung-Sun Fei Fei posters. Now that she has created her masterpiece, she'll start reading your story. As for me, I'll start reading during Christmas-New Year time. One Suzaku is worth five other readers, anyway. Look at her lengthy, profound comments! I'm so jealous! (Sorry, I like to go around hugging everyone. )

Wow, I learned so much today! Thank you for the fascinating history lesson, Suzaku. After your detailed description of Queen Manduhai, she sounds like such a cool person. I wonder why there is no tv series on her. They keep remaking Wu Zetian as if there are no other historical figures worth watching.

Btw, are you a fan of Fushigi Yuugi?
    Yep, I am a fan of Fushigi Yugi. But I chose my screen name more because of Suzaku in Code Gaess.

Thanks for the detailed summary, Suzaku. It is amazing how strong a woman can be when she needs to. I guess not being Chinese also helps as there are no restraints from Confucian teaching. But that however, does not make her feats and sacrifices less brilliant. Truly a remarkable woman - Queen Manduhai. Glad to know more about her. Just wondering, do you how she died?
    I think I'm getting long winded with age. I should thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk about Manduhai. Queen Manduhai and Dayan Khan set up their capital around the Kherlan river area, the sacred area where Genghis Khan divided the land. Queen Manduhai gave the reins of the nation over to Dayan Khan and her sons. Later, one of the southern warlord rebelled and killed their son, and Dayan Khan rode south to quell the rebellion and seek vengenance. Queen Manduhai is now over 60 and cannot ride with Dayan Khan into battle anymore, so Dayan Khan rode south alone. After thirty five years of life on the battleground, Queen Manduhai awaited a peaceful death in the the sacred grounds where it all began.

*looks around* Charby's not here!

Wallace Chung!
    Gilbert -->
    Cyril Connolly

Yeah, Mel! How can you be so cold to Gilbert in a story devoted to Gilbert?!
    Cheating on him with Wallace right in his presence.

Yeah, Mel! How can you be so cold to Gilbert in a story devoted to Gilbert?!
    Cheating on him with Wallace right in his presence.
    Hey! That's the pot calling the kettle black! You're cheating on SCN with Kuk Wai!!! You don't like Wallace Chung and SCN anymore!!!! You know what this means? I won't update the story anymore!

Charby! Where have you been?! We miss you!!!! You have to help me whack tweety on the head! She has abandoned Wallace Chung and SCN!!!!

Honam Paifong

Mel is such a heartless person - she never devoted as much effort into revising past chapters for Yik Lun as she does for her toyboy SCN. Gilbert is but a distant memory to her now! He is just a plot device so SCN can have more scenes!

Mr. Bean --> <-- Mel
    Cyril Connolly

Smile

Mel is such a heartless person - she never devoted as much effort into revising past chapters for Yik Lun as she does for her toyboy SCN. Gilbert is but a distant memory to her now! He is just a plot device so SCN can have more scenes!
    Nobody complained about the Yik Lun chapters, so there was no need to revise anything. Yik Lun is too good to be controversial.

I like boytoys.

Me SCN

tweety-->

Nobody complained about the Yik Lun chapters, so there was no need to revise anything. Yik Lun is too good to be controversial.

I like boytoys.

Me SCN

tweety-->
    Helloooo! I have been complaining about Yik Lun for abotu half a year already!

Wallace Huo --> <-- Tweety .......... becomes ............ Wallace Huo --> <--Tweety
    Cyril Connolly

Wallace Huo --> <-- Tweety .......... becomes ............ Wallace Huo --> <--Tweety
    Well if both Wallaces are , what is a girl to do except sit back and enjoy ?

Helloooo! I have been complaining about Yik Lun for abotu half a year already!
    Huh? What did you say about Yik Lun? I don't remember.

Default Book One: The Fist Of Domination (權傾天下)

Chapter Twenty-Seven:

Cast of Appearing Characters:

Lau Gan - Gilbert Lam Wai Sun
    Yeung Ming Hung – Kenneth Ma Kwok Ming
    Yiu So Sum – Tavia Yeung Yi
    Cheung Wan Sheung – Nancy Wu Ding Yan
    Suen Nga Yin – Natalie Tong See Wing
    So Yee Ha – Sharon Chan Man Chi
    Ghost Face - some dude :p

Yeung Ming Hung looked back towards the inner gates and saw the silhouette of a tall man standing in light of the inner doorway. He recognised his frame. It was Lau Gan.

He must have been alerted to the Gate of the Black Tortoise by the flare sent by the Imperial Guards earlier and rushed to intercept them. Even though she has no idea who this mysterious man was, Suen Nga Yin noticed the tenseness in Yeung Ming Hung as he gripped the reins tighter and tighter.

Some of the injured Imperial Guards that had survived climbed to their feet with difficulty. All of a sudden, Lau Gan waved both hands at them and they toppled backwards, twitching and writhing painfully on the ground as small stones punctured their main arteries and they bled slowly to their deaths.

“Invalids!” he muttered as he lowered his hands.

“Are you crazy?” cried Suen Nga Yin in both anger and disgust, “They are your men! Why did you kill them for?”

“Do not reason with him anymore, Lady Suen!” answered Yeung Ming Hung. “You cannot use the principles of humans to lecture the mind of a beast!”

Lau Gan raised his hand again and all froze in shock - thinking of how to avoid his next attack. But he simply brushed off some dust that was on his clothing and said calmly. “I think you have something of mine that you need to return. Return it to me and I will let you live. It is a pity to take the life of such an efficient fighter as you. Surrender yourself to me and I will guarantee you safety! You can break through my two hundred Eastern Faction guards stationed in the Enclosed Palace and the Imperial Guards posted here at the Gate of the Black Tortoise, but you cannot escape from me tonight.”

“Forget it, Lau Gan!” shouted Yeung Ming Hung, “If you want to kill me, then go for it. Give up on this nonsense talk. I will rather die than return the roster to you and let you carry out your evil plan! Even if I die, there will be many others that will continue to counter your evil hold on the Imperial Court!”

“Many men can give up their lives for their ideals; but only the selected best can endure living under humiliation and oppression for their goals.”

Lau Gan looked up to the second story of the gate. “So are you willing to risk the lives of these two ladies and also the lives of your two friends hiding amongst the rafters?”

Cheung Wan Sheung swore silently as they were spotted by Lau Gan and they quickly hurled all of their darts at him.

But Lau Gan did not panic when at least a hundred wooden darts were hurled at him. He waited motionless until the sharp tips of the darts drew near. Then with a rapid circular whirl of his arms, he broke their momentum and encapsulated all the projectiles between his sleeves. In a smooth fluid movement, he flicked his wide sleeves and a gush of darts released from each sleeve.

Yiu So Sum and Cheung Wan Sheung jumped out from their hiding place onto the banisters and ran for their lives as the darts pursued their flight across the second storey of the gate, ricocheting off the stone walls and towers after them.

Yeung Ming Hung threw Suen Nga Yin onto the other horse behind So Yee Ha, and then protected them both by moving his horse before them. Unlike the two girls who had freedom for movement to evade the projectiles, Yeung Ming Hung was rooted to the spot as he deflected the darts with his spear to the best of his ability. But there was a limit to his ability and he winced with pain as a couple of darts penetrated his left arm. However, he did not give up. It was up to him to destroy the roster. He could not die. Not yet.

Suddenly, a blast of roof tiles shot between the targets and the darts. The tiles shattered on impact with the darts but they were able to deflect their direction and exhaust their driving force and the darts fell to rest onto the ground below.

“Are you out causing havoc again, Lau Gan?” bellowed a voice from the roof of the adjacent building.

There was a dark figure perched on the corners of the roof between the decorative stone statuettes. A patch of yellow glazed tiles were missing from the roof. The moonlight shone brightly over him. He had a thin build and over his face, he wore a simple iron mask that had deep holes for eyes.

Lau Gan showed minor signs of frustration as he called out to the mysterious man. “What I do is none of your business, Ghost Face! Get out of my way or you will suffer the consequences!”

Ghost Face laughed heartily at the comment. “What can you do to me? I have been interfering with your plans for a total three years and you still have no way of finding out who I am and where I come from? No number of your Eastern Faction Guards or Imperial Guards can deter me from roaming the Forbidden City at will. Are you going to patrol the palace grounds yourself every night?”

Lau Gan laughed icily in response. “You have been interfering with my activities for three years, but what have you achieved? I still rule inside the Forbidden City and the nation is in my hands!”

“That is true! But the fun I get from making you furious motivates me to continue with my futile efforts!” retorted Ghost Face wittily.

He kicked a broken bit of tile at the girls who had been watching from the banisters. “You two! Go away!”

He then looked down at Yeung Ming Hung. “You lot too! Go away and get on with whatever business you were at! I will take care of this sinister fiend! And don’t thank me! Don’t think that I don’t know what you righteous heroes want to do! Put your hands down. Do not cup your hands and bow to me. I hate formalities! Just get out of my sight! All of you!” and waving his hands he shooed them away as if shooing away nosy children.

“You do over-estimate your abilities, Ghost Face! Your martial arts cannot be more advanced than mine.” shouted Lau Gan.

Ghost Face laughed at him. “I might not have the power to assassinate you but I can still manage to stop you from disallowing these young ones to leave the Forbidden City!”

At this, Yeung Ming Hung picked up the reins of both horse and proceeded to gallop through their unfinished route. The two girls on the banisters also made a move to escape.

Lau Gan immediately leapt after Yeung Ming Hung at frightening speed. Yeung Ming Hung urged the horses to gallop as quickly as they could but Lau Gan was catching up. His fingers were just about to scrape the back of the horse when a series of airborne tiles directed at him forced him to stop and defend himself. He landed safely on the ground with a twist and ground his teeth with frustration as the horses were reaching the end of the tunnelled gates.

Lau Gan swept his foot over the ground below and a curtain of small stones and dirt rose up before him. Summoning internal energy around his body, he splintered the curtain and blasted the fragments at the escapees. Though the fragments were only harmless and small, when propelled by Lau Gan’s powerful internal energy, each bit of dirt and stone were lethal projectiles. No matter how many tiles Ghost Face could throw at them, he would not be able to block the broad spectrum at which the projectiles were moving at.

Ghost Face quickly snatched the large flags that flew from the top of the Gate of the Black Tortoise and threw it in the path of the projectiles, pinning the many levels of flags before the opening of the gate with darts. If it was a hard solid stone block that was in their path, the initial projectiles would have splintered it on impact letting the other travel uninterrupted.

The projectiles penetrated the soft material of the flags easily but they did not shatter. With each layer they went through, the force was less deadly and by the time they passed though the last layer of flag, they merely bounced harmlessly off the backs of the riders.

Lau Gan and Ghost Face continued with their battle as Yeung Ming Hung and the girls rode further and further away from the Imperial Palace. Suen Nga Yin and So Yee Ha breathed a sigh of relief as they were finally able to break out of the tall red walls of the Forbidden City. They would probably never return to this magnificent masterpiece of architecture and they were glad of it.

Ghost Face was unable to harm a hair on Lau Gan’s head, but he was making a very successful effort in deterring his movements. He dared not move too close as he knew that he would definitely not win in a hand-to-hand combat with the vicious Lau Gan. The two exchanged palm blows and projectiles over a distance when suddenly, Ghost Face was distracted by a dark figure standing outside of the Imperial Place that was just visible through the shredded layers of flag over the gate, and suffered a blow squarely to the chest.

Ghost Face quickly shot a dart at the man as Lau Gan closed in on him. The man instantly withdrew his sword and deflected the dart with ease. With a silver flash of the blade, he had replaced his blood-thirsty sword in its scabbard. The brief reflection from the blade revealed that more men joined him outside the gates; each standing in the moonlight with emitting a deathly aura.

In one dull monotonous voice, they chorused, “We Western Faction agents are at your disposal, Supreme Commander Lau!”

Forcing Ghost Face to the side with a series of blows, Lau Gan called out to the assassins, “There is man armed with a golden spear that is riding in the north direction with two women. He has a secret document on him. Chase after them immediately and retrieve the document! Kill the three! I will follow once I finish dealing with this vagrant!” The men obeyed.

Ghost Face was occupied with the increasing hostile blows from his opponent that he could only watch as the dark shadows disappeared into the distance. Lau Gan smiled menacingly at his opponent who was slowly losing ground. “How many times in the past have we actually fought? You are getting weaker and weaker each time! How do you expect to defeat me tonight?”

Ghost Face scoffed. “I am not getting any weaker. It is only that your internal energy is escalating at great speed over the last three years. I admit that I can train for another twenty years and still not able to get the better of you!" Changing to a cocky tone, he continued, "However but I can still run!”

The heavy footsteps of running men were approaching. The Imperial Guards had finally arrived; only to see the lifeless bodies of their colleagues sprawled all over the place. They froze with astonishment as they saw the haunting figure of Lau Gan levitating vertically onto the roof to pursue the agile Ghost Face. In a matter of minutes, both had leapt off the roof to continue their chase outside the Forbidden City.

-----------------------------------------------
    Author's Note:

This is the part where less historical facts are included and more fictional elements are introduced. I will have to change some facts to make the story flow better. The following few chapters would all be action.
    Last edited by charbydis; 10-06-11 at 08:47 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

I heart Ghost Mask.

Whoa. 27 chapters already?! I forgot, it is miss Charbydis who writes and gets many chapters out. Melanie has to catch up with your speed.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    I heart Ghost Mask.
    Why do you hate Ghost Face?

Do you prefer the name Ghost Mask? Cos I was thinking Ghost Face along the lines of 鬼面人. Tell me what you prefer and I can change it.
    Cyril Connolly