Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Forbidden City The City Of Disillusionment (幻滅紫禁城)

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Annie is quite petite for both Jackie and Lawrence. Annie goes well with Sunny and Frankie.
    Well, isn't Gilbert Lam quite tall, too? Annie was VERY compatible with Gilbert in Heroine of the Yangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh, yes! Erica Choi! She was absolutely beautiful in that Yang family/Justice Bao drama with Lawrence. I saw the dvd version, so I never knew if their ending scene was cut. In my dvd version, their ending was a bit open-ended. Is that the original ending?
    The one I watched ended with Erica being kicked out of the palace by the Emperor. Lawrence and Erica met each other at some pagoda and then smiled at each other and that was it. I think it was an open ending but still doomed because even though the Emperor no longer wanted Erica, Lawrence could not marry her. They might stay single forever and be friends for the rest of their lives.

You have forgotten about ATV's "The Swordsman"! Lawrence played a villian who secretly loved Erica but could not express his feelings due to revenge and hatred. Lawrence was a pscyho and Erica ended up with Damian ( ). The characters were bad but in terms of appearance, Lawrence and Erica looked more compatible than any other couple in the whole series.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

The one I watched ended with Erica being kicked out of the palace by the Emperor. Lawrence and Erica met each other at some pagoda and then smiled at each other and that was it. I think it was an open ending but still doomed because even though the Emperor no longer wanted Erica, Lawrence could not marry her. They might stay single forever and be friends for the rest of their lives.
    Yup, that's the same ending I saw. I like to think that they are able to spend the rest of their lives together. The Emperor kicked Erica out of the palace out of love for her. He knew she didn't love him and wanted her to find happiness with a man she could love. If he didn't love her or was a vindictive person, he would have just sentenced her to death. Instead, he set her free. Therefore, I like to think that the Emperor would turn a blind eye if Lawrence and Erica choose to live together somewhere in seclusion.

You have forgotten about ATV's "The Swordsman"! Lawrence played a villian who secretly loved Erica but could not express his feelings due to revenge and hatred. Lawrence was a pscyho and Erica ended up with Damian ( ). The characters were bad but in terms of appearance, Lawrence and Erica looked more compatible than any other couple in the whole series.
    My cousin gave me the dvd to that drama after he finished watching and I watched a tiny bit of the beginning but stopped. It was so boring!

Well, isn't Gilbert Lam quite tall, too? Annie was VERY compatible with Gilbert in Heroine of the Yangs.
    So you have finally remembered who Gilbert is!

Annie is 163 cm tall. Lawrence and Jackie are both at 180 cm and Gilbert is 182 cm tall!!!! I have always said that Annie and Gilbert give off a elder brother-younger sister vibe. Strangely enough, Lawrence appears to tower over Annie in "Secret Battle of the Majesty" but Gilbert, even though he is taller, seems not to in HOTY! Wonder if she stood on anything to make her taller in those scenes!

Anyway, even though Jackie and Annie have never appeared onscreen together, IMO they would look OK together but nothing like fabulous chemistry.

Frankie Lam (174 cm) actually looks very compatible with Annie on "Coincidentally" and "A Colourful Life".
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yup, that's the same ending I saw. I like to think that they are able to spend the rest of their lives together. The Emperor kicked Erica out of the palace out of love for her. He knew she didn't love him and wanted her to find happiness with a man she could love. If he didn't love her or was a vindictive person, he would have just sentenced her to death. Instead, he set her free. Therefore, I like to think that the Emperor would turn a blind eye if Lawrence and Erica choose to live together somewhere in seclusion.
    The Emperor may turn a blind eye but Lawrence's Jeen Chiu was an 100% righteous and loyal subject. It is his personality to not cease to serving his country until his death. I truly believe that they will be platonic friends forever.

My cousin gave me the dvd to that drama after he finished watching and I watched a tiny bit of the beginning but stopped. It was so boring!
    It wasa terrible series but I watched for Lawrence. Worst pairings ever! Damian with Erica, Mak Ging Ting (Jackie's real life wife) with Damian, Lawrence with Wong Oi Yiu, Kristy with Damian and then Kristy with Norman! Though the duel scenes between Damian and Norman were very well choerographed.
    Cyril Connolly

Ugh! Don't get me started on Zhan Zhao! I get mad at his total loyalty until death thing. Just because you fight for justice doesn't mean you can't get married and have a family line that will serve and protect justice too!

Charbydis - How about pairing Noel Leung Siu Bing with Jackie Lui? Dark Tales II never gave Jackie Lui a happy ending whether he was paired up with Noel or Angie Cheung. And I didn't mind Jackie Lui's pairing with Maggie Siu, when they were paired as a married couple in Justice Pao(TVB).

I really didn't like Swordsman. It was boring. I liked Lawrence in Snow is Red, the hairdo he had when he went blind was cool. If only he was the main character instead of the boring spineless jellyfish Andrew Yuen's character played.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

In Swordsman, I fast-forwarded around, trying to find Lawrence's scenes with Erica Choi but couldn't find them, so I gave up and stopped watching. They must not have very many scenes together. Damian was a handsome guy back in his younger days, but he looked so old next to Erica! If you girls know which episodes Lawrence and Erica appear in, let me know, because I would like to skip to just those episodes to watch them.

I never saw Snow is Red, since I heard very bad reviews about it. The consensus was that the series was good in the beginning when it was about the older generation, but then the show went downhill after the storyline focused on the Andrew-Alice-Kristy love triangle.

Hey, how about pairing Jackie Lui with Angie Cheung?! I've always liked her but she never really got big roles. I wonder what she's doing these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ugh! Don't get me started on Zhan Zhao! I get mad at his total loyalty until death thing. Just because you fight for justice doesn't mean you can't get married and have a family line that will serve and protect justice too!
    I don't think he wants to stay single forever. He will marry Erica if she was a commoner but no! Other than being an imperial concubine, she also killed guards for her family (which she tried to hide from him as well).

Charbydis - How about pairing Noel Leung Siu Bing with Jackie Lui? Dark Tales II never gave Jackie Lui a happy ending whether he was paired up with Noel or Angie Cheung. And I didn't mind Jackie Lui's pairing with Maggie Siu, when they were paired as a married couple in Justice Pao(TVB).
    I like Noel and Jackie pairing, but Noel is guest-starring later on in another role. Besides, the way the story is heading pretty gives away who Jackie will pair with.

I really didn't like Swordsman. It was boring. I liked Lawrence in Snow is Red, the hairdo he had when he went blind was cool. If only he was the main character instead of the boring spineless jellyfish Andrew Yuen's character played.
    I hated Swordman. I just wanted to watch Lawrence go super-evil! Yes, Chan Tin Sheung was way cooler than any guy in TSIR. There were seriously no likeable guys in TSIR except for Lawrence. I had some respect for John Chiang's Lo Yuen, but he could not hold a flame to Chan Tin Seung.
    Cyril Connolly

In Swordsman, I fast-forwarded around, trying to find Lawrence's scenes with Erica Choi but couldn't find them, so I gave up and stopped watching. They must not have very many scenes together. Damian was a handsome guy back in his younger days, but he looked so old next to Erica! If you girls know which episodes Lawrence and Erica appear in, let me know, because I would like to skip to just those episodes to watch them.
    Lawrence has no love scenes with Erica in "Swordsman". His character raped her and she hates him. But they just look good standing next to each other. Terrible series!

I never saw Snow is Red, since I heard very bad reviews about it. The consensus was that the series was good in the beginning when it was about the older generation, but then the show went downhill after the storyline focused on the Andrew-Alice-Kristy love triangle.
    It wasn't that bad! Just terribly draggy! Production values weren't good. What pissed me off was that the series actually had good potential! Good plot! Good veterean casts! Good themes! The scriptwriting was though! It would have been great if the third generation love story was shortened to a few episodes.

Hey, how about pairing Jackie Lui with Angie Cheung?! I've always liked her but she never really got big roles. I wonder what she's doing these days...
    I think they are OK. But no!

Angie was about to get married a few years ago in Malaysia when she called it off due to domestic abuse! I think she is back in Malaysia now.
    Last edited by charbydis; 11-05-11 at 03:15 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Lawrence was very good as the main psycho guy in some ATV series. But can't remember the name. He was paired with Wong Mei!
    Cyril Connolly

Lawrence was very good as the main psycho guy in some ATV series. But can't remember the name. He was paired with Wong Mei!
    I don't think I ever finished that series. It's called Good Lover, Bad Partner.

I think I have to reread some of the chapters here, I tend to forget if I let it be too long before I read the next chapter.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I know I should be reading the story, but shamefully, I come here for possible new updates on actors/actresses and other off topic discussions. Bad Tweety, bad bad Tweety

Yay! I reached 10.000 views!
    Cyril Connolly

Lawrence has no love scenes with Erica in "Swordsman". His character raped her and she hates him. But they just look good standing next to each other. Terrible series!
    Huh? So they have no scenes together? It's just mentioned that he raped her and she hates him? I'm quite disappointed. I wanted to watch them together again after seeing them in the Yang family/Justice Bao series.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I know I should be reading the story, but shamefully, I come here for possible new updates on actors/actresses and other off topic discussions. Bad Tweety, bad bad Tweety
    Tweety, you should punish yourself by taking a break from drooling over the hot men!

Tweety, you should punish yourself by taking a break from drooling over the hot men!
    I just might have to since I'm starting a new job on Monday. Will most likely be very tired and busy the next few months My poor hunks will be neglected .

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I just might have to since I'm starting a new job on Monday. Will most likely be very tired and busy the next few months My poor hunks will be neglected .
    Give them to Suet Seung! She will take good care of them!
    Cyril Connolly

Oh, yes! Erica Choi! She was absolutely beautiful in that Yang family/Justice Bao drama with Lawrence. I saw the dvd version, so I never knew if their ending scene was cut. In my dvd version, their ending was a bit open-ended. Is that the original ending?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/upload/24/317/20060628/718/143769/143789.jpg')
    Cyril Connolly

Huh? So they have no scenes together? It's just mentioned that he raped her and she hates him? I'm quite disappointed. I wanted to watch them together again after seeing them in the Yang family/Justice Bao series.
    It actually shows him suggestively drug-raping her! They stood in the same room at times but no heart-to-heart dialogue or kissing or hugging. Sometimes I wish ATV producers would have scraped the Damian-Erica loverline and just made it a love/hate relationship between a spy and the enemy's daughter. What a waste of plot potential!

Pics from Justice Bao!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/upload/24/317/20060628/718/143769/143790.jpg')
    Cyril Connolly

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/upload/24/317/20060628/718/143769/143789.jpg')
    Yes, that was the ending I saw! Even if they were to remain friends, I don't think Zhan Zhao would marry someone else. He strikes me as the type who is very loyal, whether to his country or to a woman. I just wish he would stop being such a stuffed shirt sometimes and just break the rules and marry Erica's character.

It actually shows him suggestively drug-raping her! They stood in the same room at times but no heart-to-heart dialogue or kissing or hugging. Sometimes I wish ATV producers would have scraped the Damian-Erica loverline and just made it a love/hate relationship between a spy and the enemy's daughter. What a waste of plot potential!

Pics from Justice Bao!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/upload/24/317/20060628/718/143769/143790.jpg')
    I don't even remember the Swordsman storyline, since I never really watched it fully. I just remember it being extremely boring. Plus, I was really frustrated because I was all excited about the series, hearing that Lawrence and Erica were in it! Then, I couldn't even find them in the series when I frantically fast-forwarded around, so I gave up. Can you give me a brief summary on Erica and Lawrence's storyline in Swordsman?

Thanks for the pics on the Justice Bao series! It brings back really good memories! I might just go and re-watch the series. (Now I can totally see your love for Ling Dong in my story. I do see Lawrence's appeal. ) There was a MV on them together in the Justice Bao series, but now I can't find it on youtube.