Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Chapter 2 parts 1-3 (actually more like part 1 - 4.25 ) is out.

Grab it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?866cp6lcq0u4jsg

I just realized why this was taking so long. Chapter 2 is a lot longer than chapter 1.....Duh!
    For some reason it was a bit more difficult to translate. @.@. Either way here's approx the same amount of reading as last week (around 10 pages). yay!~

I think right now we can only guarantee some sort of posting a week. However, that may be as little as one part of a chapter a week or an entire chapter a week. I think that's enough to give us enough flexibility? what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-29-11 at 06:28 AM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Plushie you're a goddess, but you shouldn't push yourself so hard! Another nearly a chapter??!

Wow!

Okay, perfect, let's then say something once a week, Tuesday works (or any specified day), time at our discretion (specially since we live in so many different time zones anyway, Tue is a 36 hour long concept! )

Edit: Okay Plushie, now you really are my goddess because Auguries of Innocence is one of my fav poems as well and _exactly_ what I thought of when I first read that. I didn't realize it was a Buddhist concept as well until reading Bu Bu!

Edit2: BTW, I'm super cool with it but Plushie I notice you're favoring the present tense. So Andes I know you asked and I said past, but I think we're just going to go with whatever tense we feel like using! So feel free to do present or past, or even mix them up for flavor! )
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-29-11 at 10:01 AM.

Once a week sounds good to me too. Like Plushie said, we will post something each week but how much that "something" is will depend on us. As for a specific day, Tuesday works as well as any other.

Plushie, can't wait to read your parts

Edit
    For the tenses, I'm still going with the past tense just because it's easier and sounds "more right" to me. I think that's the most important thing. Just do what is "more right" for you
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Edit2: BTW, I'm super cool with it but Plushie I notice you're favoring the present tense. So Andes I know you asked and I said past, but I think we're just going to go with whatever tense we feel like using! So feel free to do present or past, or even mix them up for flavor! )
    Ok! Just a progress update. I'm 70% done with chapter 10 parts 3 and 4. Just need to straighten out all the chinese idioms, proverbs, tea terminology (OMG!!) and they should be readable. I'm trying to translate one part a day ... if possible. Haha, translating is so much more fun than doing my actual essays.

I love the part where Ruoxi bombards 4th with all the questions! And especially after when she confronts 13th because of that. I think my fav 4th and Ruoxi scenes always has 13th on the sidelines somehow. He's just such an integral part of their relationship that its nearly impossible to imagine them so cute and relaxed with each other without the presence of 13th.

Of course, who could ever forget the "steamy" 4th and Ruoxi scenes? XD

Plushie you're a goddess, but you shouldn't push yourself so hard! Another nearly a chapter??!

Wow!

Okay, perfect, let's then say something once a week, Tuesday works (or any specified day), time at our discretion (specially since we live in so many different time zones anyway, Tue is a 36 hour long concept! )

Edit: Okay Plushie, now you really are my goddess because Auguries of Innocence is one of my fav poems as well and _exactly_ what I thought of when I first read that. I didn't realize it was a Buddhist concept as well until reading Bu Bu!
    Well.... I'm only half way done the chapter. Chapter 2 is almost twice as long as chapter 1. So nowhere near finished, don't you worry. I have been translating all week. XD

To be honest I don't know if Blake actually thought of Buddhist concepts when he wrote those lines. Could be just a coincidence. However, I thought it was quite fitting and at least with my interpretation of the lines they are similar. It's not the same but I think it helps people understand it better. Hopefully. XD
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Hi all,

BTW Ande, I don't know if you're thinking the same chapters because we're using sina here: http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/catalog.php?book=80155
    This link only has upto chapter 29. I like this link because its google translate better. Would someone please tell me where I read the rest of the book?

Thanks for the first half of chapter 2! It is much appreciated.

Quick question, when Rouxi had that catfight with Ming Yu, why did Tai Zi and then later everyone call her 13th's sister? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Thanks for the first half of chapter 2! It is much appreciated.

Quick question, when Rouxi had that catfight with Ming Yu, why did Tai Zi and then later everyone call her 13th's sister? What am I missing here?
    It's because she's got the same ferocious, unrestrained spirit as 13th.

Xemphim, you can access the rest here: http://www.xiaoshuoku.com.cn/sub_list/6470.html

Plushie, since you're our final QC, are you OK with Tuesday being our posting day (like Yanfeng said, it'll be a 36 hr day)?
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lulupony View Post
    It's because she's got the same ferocious, unrestrained spirit as 13th.
    Ah ok! Gotcha. I wasn't aware that 13th had that reputation though it does fit his character. Thanks!

I have a quick question. Does 4th always think that 14th like Rouxi and does he also think that Rouxi like 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    Xemphim, you can access the rest here: http://www.xiaoshuoku.com.cn/sub_list/6470.html

Plushie, since you're our final QC, are you OK with Tuesday being our posting day (like Yanfeng said, it'll be a 36 hr day)?
    Yah Tuesday is fine. If you guys don't mind if I post on Tuesday my time. Maybe even at 11:59 pm . One min before Wed! LOL

Hi Plushie,

Perfect-

Okay quick update before I disappear for 10 days- Chap 10 parts 1 and 2 done, but need to be checked over by me and then sent to QC. I admit I really starting to struggle with some of the termiology, but will do my best to do a "spirit of the story" type of translation, plus try to get Cutzie and Plushie to help fill in some words that stubbornly refuse to translate (or rather, sometimes I just don't even understand it myself! )

Andes, will work on parts 9/10 while I'm gone-

Happy nearly-spring everyone!

I have to say the footnotes are VERY helpful! My Mandarin is pretty shaky and I hardly know any Chinese idioms so a lot of times, I'm not sure what they are laughing about. So thanks for that extra effort to help us understand.

Now that I've read my first Chinese novel, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a similar novel? Would prefer online ones. I'm not talking about time travel nor does it have be during this time period. Just hoping to read another novel that have wonderfully complex and realistic characters. Where at the end, you laugh when they laugh, you cry when they cry. Ok maybe that's asking for a bit much. Still, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xemphim2000 View Post
    I have a quick question. Does 4th always think that 14th like Rouxi and does he also think that Rouxi like 14th?
    Yes, at first he thought there was something between the 2 of them.

So, I just had to pop in to say, OMG!! I'm translating chapter 4, part 3, and it's nearly killing me with all the historical references. I have an entire page of footnotes, and still going...
    Last edited by Hoju!; 04-03-11 at 02:01 AM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Yes, at first he thought there was something between the 2 of them.

So, I just had to pop in to say, OMG!! I'm translating chapter 4, part 3, and it's nearly killing me with all the historical references. I have an entire page of footnotes, and still going...
    Yah I find myself spending a lot of time on the footnotes. But they are also my favourite part to do. ^^ All I can say is, add oil Hoju!

^^Karma points to all of you
    I like me.

Yay! Done my parts for chapter 4. (Well, nearly done. Just one footnote left, then I'll need to check it a few days later for readability.) Plushie, I can come help you with chapter 3 if you would like. Let me know, otherwise, I'll choose a later chapter.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

I have a quick question. How powerful is the 8th's Fujin family? Did she marry the 8th prince because she fell in love with him since she was young? Did 8th marry Roulan first, then he marry his 1st wife later?

Quote Originally Posted by xemphim2000 View Post
    I have a quick question. How powerful is the 8th's Fujin family? Did she marry the 8th prince because she fell in love with him since she was young? Did 8th marry Roulan first, then he marry his 1st wife later?
    8th Fujin comes from a fairly powerful background. Minghui and Mingyu's mother is a Princess, as well as Emperor Kangxi's first cousin. Therefore they have very close ties to the royal family. Ruolan also comes from an aristocratic background but her father is only a general.

Di'fujin (1st wife) and Ce'fujin (second/side wife) are titles. Therefore these names does not have to be given by the order of marriage. 8th actually married Ruolan first then Minghui. But because Minghui has a stronger background, she is the main wife. And yes Minghui fell in love with 8th when she first met him, way before their marriage.
    Last edited by Plushie; 04-05-11 at 04:28 PM.