Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    8th Fujin comes from a fairly powerful background. Minghui and Mingyu's mother is a Princess, as well as Emperor Kangxi's first cousin. Therefore they have very close ties to the royal family. Ruolan also comes from an aristocratic background but her father is only a general.

Di'fujin (1st wife) and Ce'fujin (second/side wife) are titles. Therefore these names does not have to be given by the order of marriage. 8th actually married Ruolan first then Minghui. But because Minghui has a stronger background, she is the main wife. And yes Minghui fell in love with 8th when she first met him, way before their marriage.
    Thank you for your explaination. I guess it mean that 8th and Minghui are 2nd cousin. Does it mean that it doesn't matter who marry first, whoever has a stronger background will become Di'fujin. Did 4th suppress Minghui's family (father, brother) when he become king? How many wives does 4th have before becoming king?

Quote Originally Posted by xemphim2000 View Post
    Thank you for your explaination. I guess it mean that 8th and Minghui are 2nd cousin. Does it mean that it doesn't matter who marry first, whoever has a stronger background will become Di'fujin. Did 4th suppress Minghui's family (father, brother) when he become king? How many wives does 4th have before becoming king?
    I'm only basing the information given in the novel. I have no idea how much if it is true in history.

But historically the Guoluoluo family is a pretty powerful family. However, I'm not sure if the 8th fujin in real life is from that same Guoluoluo family. The book seems to be making them the same

In regards to the Di'fujin question. It depends. Generally, the first wife does end up being the Di'fujin. Your first marriage is always the most important no? I'd assume more care and thought would be given to a prince's first marriage so the Emperor would probably be more selective.

But yes, status is also given a lot of weight when it comes to these titles. Think about it, if you were from a family as prestigious as the Guoluoluo, as Minghui, would you or your family would agree to become subordinate to another woman of lower status? No way. Not that being a Ce'fujin is bad, but being a Di'fujin means you are the female leader of the household.

I actually don't know if 4th suppressed the Guoluoluo family historically after he became Emperor. Like I said i don't know if 8th fujin is even from the same Guoluoluo family historically.

Emperor Yongzheng has a total of 8 recorded consorts that are given titles. This is quite a small number compared to most Emperors. (For comparison, Kangxi had a whooping 64 consorts with around 20 of them being titled.) I don't know how many of the 8 are married to him before he became Emperor or how many was after though.

Translation UPDATE: I'm currently not home right now so I can't upload this week's translation yet. I won't get home until quite late but I'll put it up as soon as I get home.
    Last edited by Plushie; 04-05-11 at 08:33 PM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

alright, i'm blaming you guys for getting me addicted to BBJX! now all i do at home on the computer is read it. it's really good! so addicting. god, i can't wait till the drama comes out!
    so far i'm only a little more than halfway through the first novel, but it is so good. i hope something happens with 4th soon, though, cause at this rate i'm becoming an 8th/RX shipper! lol (and the more i read, the more i feel that kevin cheng's looks really fit 8th! whenever i read i imagine kevin's 8th in my head. the way 8th is described, always smiling, handsome and calm, etc., was conveyed really well by kevin in the trailers imo. hopefully his acting can carry the character!)

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    alright, i'm blaming you guys for getting me addicted to BBJX! now all i do at home on the computer is read it. it's really good! so addicting. god, i can't wait till the drama comes out!
    so far i'm only a little more than halfway through the first novel, but it is so good. i hope something happens with 4th soon, though, cause at this rate i'm becoming an 8th/RX shipper! lol (and the more i read, the more i feel that kevin cheng's looks really fit 8th! whenever i read i imagine kevin's 8th in my head. the way 8th is described, always smiling, handsome and calm, etc., was conveyed really well by kevin in the trailers imo. hopefully his acting can carry the character!)
    Yes, I had thought 8th was the main love interest as well when I first read the novel. 4th barely had a part in the beginning. Therefore I was surprised to find it turning into a 4th/Ruoxi love.
    4th eventually completely won me over though. ^^" And poor 8th really doesn't show up much after the second half of the novel. It's really a huge reversal.

I'm pretty happy with Kevin as well and I think so far he's doing a great job. Hopefully he can tackle the deeper and more dark side of 8th well too. Everyone seems to be doing a good job in the drama. So I'm really super excited!

Anyways Chapter 2 parts 4-6 is posted.

Download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?59nxqn7pgctp3kd

<< ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Yes, I had thought 8th was the main love interest as well when I first read the novel. 4th barely had a part in the beginning. Therefore I was surprised to find it turning into a 4th/Ruoxi love.
    4th eventually completely won me over though. ^^" And poor 8th really doesn't show up much after the second half of the novel. It's really a huge reversal.

I'm pretty happy with Kevin as well and I think so far he's doing a great job. Hopefully he can tackle the deeper and more dark side of 8th well too. Everyone seems to be doing a good job in the drama. So I'm really super excited!

Anyways Chapter 2 parts 4-6 is posted.

Download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?59nxqn7pgctp3kd

8th/Rouxi love is kind of romantic, but 4th/Rouxi love is intense. Did 4th ever get jealous about what he thought was 14th/Rouxi "love" relationship? Also, while Rouxi was a washing maid, 10th and 14th came to tell her that 8th was really sick, did Rouxi write 8th a letter? What is in the letter?
    Thank you the Magnolia team for the translation.

haha, well i'm kinda looking forward to the reversal then! except right now (i'm up to the part where RX keeps begging him to give up the fight for the throne and he refuses, so she breaks up with him) its really sad and its making me sad lol

ahh i can't wait till whenever the dramas supposed to air! i need to watch it now lol

Yeah. Especially because he had been waiting for so many years for her to accept him, and when she did, he was so happy. They were so cute. And then she broke up with him. I felt so sad for him.

But, 4th/Ruoxi will steal your heart when you read to their parts!!

Alright fellow Maggie translators! I'm ready to start a new section of translation. Right now, it seems like chapter 11 is unclaimed, so I will do that. If anyone wants to split a chapter that you're working on, let me know, though. I'm pretty easy.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Yeah. Especially because he had been waiting for so many years for her to accept him, and when she did, he was so happy. They were so cute. And then she broke up with him. I felt so sad for him.

But, 4th/Ruoxi will steal your heart when you read to their parts!!
    haha, alright. but the sadness is making me not want to read anymore!
    i will persist though. and 4th/RX better be good

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    haha, alright. but the sadness is making me not want to read anymore!
    i will persist though. and 4th/RX better be good
    I was a total 8th/Ruoxi shipper at the beginning too. But when I was reading the book again, I realized how 8th/RX romance pales in comparison with 4th/RX. Believe me, it will be good
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

hi all

i want to thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart!

love the translations especially the foot notes but was getting impatient with waiting for updates so i ended up reading the novel online itself and am now sooo hooked! the strange thing is, while reading the novel, images of kevin, nicky etc kept popping into my head...perhaps its the conditioning of the MVs but somehow the chosen actors for the tv seem to fit in with the novel! i cant wait for the tv drama! it would be like greeting old friends by the time the show is on!!

am loving 8th with rouxi now...havent gotten to 4th/rouxi yet...but so far the story is already tugging at my heartstrings...

Actually the first actor whose face and acting practically shouted at me when reading the book was Damian Lau's Kangxi! I'm very much in Team Kangxi!

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I was a total 8th/Ruoxi shipper at the beginning too. But when I was reading the book again, I realized how 8th/RX romance pales in comparison with 4th/RX. Believe me, it will be good
    lol, alright

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    the strange thing is, while reading the novel, images of kevin, nicky etc kept popping into my head...perhaps its the conditioning of the MVs but somehow the chosen actors for the tv seem to fit in with the novel! i cant wait for the tv drama! it would be like greeting old friends by the time the show is on!!

am loving 8th with rouxi now...havent gotten to 4th/rouxi yet...but so far the story is already tugging at my heartstrings...
    haha, i feel the exact same way!! whenever some prince shows up, i imagine the actors from the tv adaptation lol.

hi all

i want to thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart!

love the translations especially the foot notes but was getting impatient with waiting for updates so i ended up reading the novel online itself and am now sooo hooked! the strange thing is, while reading the novel, images of kevin, nicky etc kept popping into my head...perhaps its the conditioning of the MVs but somehow the chosen actors for the tv seem to fit in with the novel! i cant wait for the tv drama! it would be like greeting old friends by the time the show is on!!

Haha, I'm the same. Since I saw the trailer and MV's first and then started with the novel, I can't help but picture the cast when I'm reading.

I'm not sure about LSS's acting ability but her looks fit Rouxi's character PERFECTLY! She even looks Manchurian to me. But then again I think she is from Beijing so that's not too far off. Never even heard of Kevin before but he doesn't seem to fit that role somehow. He doesn't look that gentle and sweet to me. Maybe I'm bias because I love Nicky and was thrilled to see him cast as the 4th prince.

Thanks again to the Magnolia team for the rest of chapter 2.

Hi all,
    I am new to the thread or any thread (to say) but BBJX really got me. Since the sensation and my curiosity to get me to reading the novel, I am obsessed. I have read the novel 3 times in 1 month now (which never happened to me before though I love reading novels and I have read many good books, but I have not read any book twice, left alone re-reading it in 1 month...lol). Anyway, that is to explain my wish to comment and want to participate in the discussion.

There are many beautiful "hopelessly" and " so practically" romantic "scenes" in the book, but my most impressed one is when MinMin performed her dance and song "for 13th". It is so classic, yet creative that Tong Hua could create. I wish that Tangren will not disappoint BBJX fans with such scenes.

i have just finish reading the novel online, sure wouldnt recommend not sleeping to finish the novel...its a little hard to concentrate now at work with the lack of sleep and the various questions going round and round in my head!!!

after finishing the novel...am most curious to know how did the actors get cast?? am beginning to feel that whoever did the casting is amazing...
    - liu shi shi would be great as rou xi...she has this sad look on her face and her eyes when i saw her in young yang warriors...perfect isnt it when 8th asked rouxi why she always has that sad haunted look in her eyes?
    - nicky wu -i think he did pretty fine as the cold blooded assassin who thawed when he fell in love with vicky zhao...he should be fine for 4th's role...
    - kevin - he's one of TVB's 'veteran' actors plus i've watched him in TVB dramas where's great at playing that 'damaged/sadden hero'...which fits rouxi's description of 8th.
    - daiman lau - there's no way he can go wrong in acting...well, unless he's got a bad day.

but perhaps i have fallen hard for the novel and am convincing myself, the tv drama will live up to expectations...when it is going to be on tv??

btw, thanks everyone who replied...am so glad i'm not the only one going a little nutty while reading the novels...

anyone up for questions??
    pray tell, what do you think was in rouxi's letter to 13th written just before she died?

anyone up for questions??
    pray tell, what do you think was in rouxi's letter to 13th written just before she died?
    I thought that was obvious. ^^" It was the poison and instructions/her last wish, of what to do with it.

I have a couple of questions: did 13th adivce 4th to let Rouxi leave the palace by marrying 14th? How did 13th convince 4th?

After 8th told 4th about their romace, 4th let Rouxi go, is it because he's angry that she lied/omitted to tell him about her romance with 8th or is it because of 8th and Rouxi's romance itself?

Hopefully some new trailer will come out soon.

Back online, though swamped with work!

Quick welcome to all newbies... hooray for new addicts... I mean converts... opps- I was trying to say "fans"!

(**Evil snigger** We'll convert the world yet to Bubujingxing'ism yet!)

Double quick wave to fellow Maggies, and to say I'm nearly, nearly done with Chap 10, parts 9/10, and if done this week will compile my stuff with Ande's (Ande, no rush, whenever you're ready- clearly we're a long way from 'due' ), as well as the wonderful poetry translation by Lulu, to Cutzie!

Cheers for the amazingly detailed footnotes... whew- Plushie you don't believe in doing anything by halves!

PS Plushie, your footnotes are nothing short of amazing... just reading them over again makes me think three things
    1) You're a cultural goddess- you know a ton about everything Qing!
    2) Reading your translation makes me appreciate better Tong Hua's rich linguistic palate-
    3) I'm now worried that I don't even understand, much less am able to translate, a half of what you understand from the text... urg! (Good thing Cutzie, and you, are our QC'ers!)

I thought that was obvious. ^^" It was the poison and instructions/her last wish, of what to do with it.
    hehe...i what i meant was how was she going to write the letter?

"please give 8th & 9th poison in the 4th year of yongzhen?"
    "please give 8th & 9th poison when they are imprisioned?"

wouldnt rouxi somehow revealed that she knew the future?

i love rouxi's character...she's one amazing lady to care so much more about others than herself...its ironic that she was so worried about 8th & 9th in jail but in the end she died before she could witness that...am i right to say that all the princes - 4th, 8th, 10th & 14th were in love with her & 13th treated her as a good friend? only 9th didnt like her?

does anyone know why 14th didnt return the jade bangle that belong to 8th till much later?