Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    Xemphim, I read the "sequel" while I was on break at home so I don't have the link on my laptop. I think you can find it in the usual places though (sina, etc). Just search bbjx sequel
    Unfortunately, I don't know any Chinese. If someone know the link of the sequence to BBJX, please post it, I would appreciate very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    I have to say the footnotes are VERY helpful! My Mandarin is pretty shaky and I hardly know any Chinese idioms so a lot of times, I'm not sure what they are laughing about. So thanks for that extra effort to help us understand.

Now that I've read my first Chinese novel, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a similar novel? Would prefer online ones. I'm not talking about time travel nor does it have be during this time period. Just hoping to read another novel that have wonderfully complex and realistic characters. Where at the end, you laugh when they laugh, you cry when they cry. Ok maybe that's asking for a bit much. Still, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Vienne94, I would suggest "Dream of the Red Charmber" (Hung Lou Meng), one of 4 classical pieces with famous love triagnle Tai Yu - Bao Yu - Bao Chai. the novel's poems were used byTong Hua in Bu Bu Jing Xin several times as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    haha, alright. but the sadness is making me not want to read anymore!
    i will persist though. and 4th/RX better be good
    4th/RX would be good if you persist. However, they will not be as romantic as they're compared to 8th/RX scenes. I was sad too when she broke up with 8th. Even after I have accepted 4th/RX, I still hope that she has a soft spot for him in her heart, and I believe that she does (through several things she have done for him after 4th has become Emperor). ---> you can tell I am 8th/RX shipper =). i wish that: Tong Hua would make RX write 8th a letter before she died to explain why she had ask 8th to give up his ambition and sort of explaining her "futurist" background...heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by xemphim2000 View Post
    Did Rouxi think that 4th hasn't forgiven her, therefore he didn't come to see her when she died?
    I also wonder that if 8th didn't tell 4th about his romance with Rouxi, will 4th defy Kangxi's edict and won't allow Rouxi to marry 14th?
    Also why did 4th want to keep Rouxi hidden after he became king? Is it because he didn't want her to be involved in any court's fight?
    yes, she did

I believe that 4th would find a way to defy Kangxi's until 8th came to tell him about their romance, then he was mad thinking that RX betrayed him (or should I say "play him like a fool?")

He once explained to her (after he has become Emperor) why he did not title her as his consort because once she was titled, she would have gone to live in her own charmber as a consort, and every time he wanted to see/meet her, he would have to summon her officially. By not given her any title and keeping her as a palace maid, he could see/meet her anytime he wanted

Almost done with Ch. 7. Just need to do some editing. Since finals are coming up for me, I'm going to skip Chapter 12 and take chapter 13 as I will only start translating during my gaps between studying.
    Last edited by cutzie; 04-18-11 at 12:13 PM.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fsfymfan View Post
    yes, she did

I believe that 4th would find a way to defy Kangxi's until 8th came to tell him about their romance, then he was mad thinking that RX betrayed him (or should I say "play him like a fool?")

He once explained to her (after he has become Emperor) why he did not title her as his consort because once she was titled, she would have gone to live in her own charmber as a consort, and every time he wanted to see/meet her, he would have to summon her officially. By not given her any title and keeping her as a palace maid, he could see/meet her anytime he wanted
    She must be heartbroken when she died.

Will it turn out to be diffirent if she told 4th about her romance with 8th before 8th came to tell 4th?

She must also love him very much to agree to be a palace maid because women that at time, espcially in the palace, care very much about power and title. Where does she stay as the palace maid after 4th became Emperor. And why after she lost the baby, 4th wanted to give her the title?
    Last edited by xemphim2000; 04-18-11 at 04:15 PM.

Hey guys, I'm pretty bogged down with real life stuff right now, so the translations for this week are not where I'd like it to be. So unfortunately, this week's update will be delayed. Hopefully I'll get it up before the weekend! I'll try my best.

To quickly answer your question xemphim:

4th would probably be less angry if Ruoxi told him about 8th herself. He would have definitely been alright with it if she came forward with it before 13th's imprisonment. If it was after he became Emperor.... he would have probably been pretty angry about it, but it still beats him hearing it from 8th.

Even though she was still considered a "palace maid" after 4th took the throne, she was treated as if she was a concubine. 4th protected her so well, no one dared to treat her any less. I don't quite remember but I'm pretty sure she stayed in "Yang Xin Dian" which is where 4th resides. I'm doing this from on top of my head, so you might want to confirm about this yourself. ^^"

4th didn't want to give her an official title because he wanted to see her whenever he wanted (and not get constrained by Palace regulations and rituals), and he also knows she doesn't care for it. 4th wanted to give her a title only after she got pregnant. At that point you kind of have to. Afterwards, I think it was because 4th realized he was going to lose Ruoxi (maybe not now, but someday) and he was scared, so giving her a title was the only way he could think of to try to keep her with him.
    Last edited by Plushie; 04-19-11 at 02:40 AM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Hi Plushie, no worries, even if you post just 1 part I think it's worth it! People who check every week can get used to the timing so they don't lose hope.

(No worries if you don't have time to post at all... everything at your own pace!)

Meanwhile, Andes, would you like to compile? I'll send you Chap 10 parts 1,2, 9 and 10 plus Lulu's poetry translations! When you're done, you can send to Cutzie for QC!

I'm once again out of the country for 7 days with no internet starting Thur, so Hoju/Cutzie, I can take one or two parts of your chapters if you'd like? Just let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    I'm once again out of the country for 7 days with no internet starting Thur, so Hoju/Cutzie, I can take one or two parts of your chapters if you'd like? Just let me know!
    I'm sorry I missed this. I'm just back from vacation and haven't been doing much translating lately. yanfeng, if you're still around, would you like to take 11(3) and (4)? I'm slowly making my way through part (2) right now.

If I missed you before your trip, don't worry about it. I'll just keep moving along slowly.

Safe travels!
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

After 4th became Emperor, he got drunk one night with Rouxi and said something like Huang Ama won't forgive him for what he has done. Is Tong Hua implying that he stole the throne, just like it was rumored in history? And what exactly did he do? Is he feeling guilty because he did a lot of scheming to knock out the competition (his brothers) or did he actually forge his father's will?

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    After 4th became Emperor, he got drunk one night with Rouxi and said something like Huang Ama won't forgive him for what he has done. Is Tong Hua implying that he stole the throne, just like it was rumored in history? And what exactly did he do? Is he feeling guilty because he did a lot of scheming to knock out the competition (his brothers) or did he actually forge his father's will?
    Yes, Tong Hua is implying that 4th usurped the throne. Since this is from Ruoxi's perspective and no one ever told her the details of how he did it, we do not know either. We only know that, the night Kangxi died, 4th arrived very quickly and seized control of the situation right away, as if he had known his father was going to pass away. Plus, we also read through various forms of dialogue between the characters that 14th was Kangxi's favourite and Kangxi very likely wanted to pass the throne onto him.

~~~~~~~~~~
    Where is Plushie? Plushie, if you are busy with real life and don't have time, feel free to drop a line here. We can help you out with chapter 3 if you need it.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Where is Plushie? Plushie, if you are busy with real life and don't have time, feel free to drop a line here. We can help you out with chapter 3 if you need it.
    Yes Plushie. Just let us know

Sorry guys. Been having lot's of issues with life...sigh... First time posting here in a week and a half! >.<" Things are setting down though and hopefully will stay that way. =(

Anyways made a quick update. In the process of editing more of my translations.

Download Link for chapters 3 part 3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aos3d9d0bcp9a9f

Should be able to do another update very soon. =)
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Hi all, back! And great to have a new installment out!

Woot!

Sorry to miss your post Hoju, but I'm happy to help with Chap 11 now if you still need me on part 3?

Happy weekend everyone!

No worries, Plushie! Hope everything sorts itself out soon.

Welcome back, yanfeng. I'm working on part 3, but you can go ahead and do parts 4 and 5. I'll skip on over to part 6 after.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Hi Hoju, great- I'll be tackling 11 parts 4 and 5 and pass them to you when I'm done!

BTW Cutzie, in Chap 10 I ran into a few words I just couldn't understand even with the help of google translate.... it didn't seem like they were super important since I could understand the story without them, but just in case I left them in the text in mandarin for you to take out if not needed or translate if needed. Sorry on that front!

Hoju, thanks for the titles translation you provided a few weeks back, useful for me to try to make sense of them!

Exciting that the drama has an air date (from the drama thread here) though it hasn't been revealed yet. Thanks goodness the ban on time travel dramas wasn't retrospectively applicable!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    BTW Cutzie, in Chap 10 I ran into a few words I just couldn't understand even with the help of google translate.... it didn't seem like they were super important since I could understand the story without them, but just in case I left them in the text in mandarin for you to take out if not needed or translate if needed. Sorry on that front!
    No problem, just leave it to me

Just to let everyone know in advance notice, I'm entering the last week of school. Which means finals everyday. So if it seems like I disappear off the Earth's surface, that's why. I'll still be checking my email and doing some translation/editing in between my studying. I'll see you guys again once summer starts

Awesome Cutzie, I admit I also can't wait to read the parts you'll be translating!

Meanwhile, two things-
    1) Hoju, I'm nearly done with the two parts in Chap 11, but there's a terrible poem in there that has my head hurting. Lulupony, any chance you're out there and can help? Or Hoju did lulu send you anything on that Waiqi poem?

2) Most importantly, shall we make sure we credit Tong Hua in each chapter and also explicitly mention that as we're all amateurs we acknowledge that we might make mistakes and unintentionally warp Tong Hua's work, with no malice or ill-intent meant?

I know, I know, I'm paranoid, but I do want to make sure Tong Hua's novel link is prominently displayed so any and all who read any part of the translation know exactly where the original can be found, and that we apologize ahead for any mangling of the novel we might end up doing! (I'm discovering how little I know every chapter part I attempt, so I nervously wonder if Tong Hua would ever one day read the part of the translation that was done by me and faint in horror!)

1) yanfeng, check your PM. I sent you my attempt at translating that poem, with a little bit of background on it if you want to add a footnote. If lulupony has something, I'm more than open to suggestions!

2) I absolutely agree. I know we mentioned it on the first post that this is a translation of Tong Hua's novel but making sure the author gets due credit can't hurt. Also, for my own paranoia, I would want to mention somewhere prominently that this is a fan-translation, not meant for profit of any sort, and should not be re-posted/re-distributed without the translators' express permission. (Recently, JY translations on this site were blatantly copied nearly word-for-word and sold on Amazon Kindle before the moderators here put a stop to that by filing a complaint with Amazon.)

Wow yanfeng! Woohoo! You're fast! Do you want to do part 6 as well? I just finished up part 3, but I'll be very busy for the next several days. No worries if you don't have time, though.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Hi Hoju,

Great thanks on the poem! I'll incorporate and pm you with the resultant bits- I'll also take on Chap 11 part 6 although I too am uncertain on how long that would take!

Hi Plushie, our translation and posting goddess!

Any chance we could insert this at the start of each chapter/posting? (Feel free to modify, I was just writing all the points I could think of from my and Hoju's p.o.v.!)

"This work is an amateur fan-translation of original work by Tong Hua as available in free online format in Mandarin Chinese at (fill in the link). The translation is done as good will, so that fellow fans who do not read Mandarin may enjoy this lovely work. We declare that we do not profit monetarily in any way from this work, and also do not pretend to be professional translators, hence apologize in advance for inadvertent translation errors. In addition reposting of the translation must be done with explicit permission of all translators as contactable via spcnet."