Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Greatly looking forward to the next part of book. Thanks again for everyone's hard work!

I know we kinda touched on this point before but does anyone else think that RouXi tells 13th about LuWu in her final letter? It really bothered me that they decided to not tell him the truth. People need closure and he'll never have that if he thinks she's still alive somewhere.
    Last edited by Vienne94; 06-06-11 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Hi Plushie, hope you're 100% better soon! Can I join the translation team? I finished the novel online and would love a chance to dust off my rusty translation skills.
    Of course! We would love to have you with us As of right now, Chapter 12 is still unspoken for so if you want to get started on that chapter, that would be great. Or if there's another chapter that you want to do, that's fine do. Just let us know. Of course, you don't have to do a whole chapter if you don't want to, I'm sure there will be someone would who love to share a chapter with you. After you're done with your parts (no rush, so just work at your own pace), you can email it to me (I'll pm you my email address) and I'll QC it then send it along to Plushie who will do the final QC and then post it. That's basically it. Welcome to the team

Yanfeng, I like that idea I'm in!

Onto other things, when do y'all think I should post the final parts to chapter 3? I was actually planning to post it right after Plushie post part 6 (within a day), cause I felt like everyone have been waiting for a long time so they deserve a double release for their patience, and then we can go back on schedule with a post a week. But what do y'all think? I don't mind posting it a week after either. So it's majority rules
    Last edited by cutzie; 06-06-11 at 10:04 PM.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Just wanted to say that I'm loving the translations of the novels so far, and am very grateful to all the people who translated it so far! Please keep up the amazing work - I'm looking forward to the next development in the story!

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Hi Plushie, hope you're 100% better soon! Can I join the translation team? I finished the novel online and would love a chance to dust off my rusty translation skills.
    Welcome ShimmerDreamz! Great to have you join the team-

Quick intro: Plushie is our fearless leader and we're are a very easy-going bunch of translators (sorry that meant you had to wait on the translations! ) and you'd find most of us have our own styles so don't feel like you need to adapt to anything. Plushie's queen of those cultural footnotes, Lulu's been doing poetry, Cutzie and Hoju are our powerhouse translators and I've been back-up violin. Am I missing anyone??

We are mostly doing past tense translations, though Hoju's been doing present, and Hoju's also been compiling common terms (like titles and greetings) so, if you choose to, you can reference that!

EDIT:

Cutzie: I vote to post it soon so we can start our 'regular' schedule back up again of 3 parts or so every week! I'm excited... I think between us five we should be able to manage 3 to 4 parts of translation a week, which means we can keep up the momentum... well, at least until they start to release the drama!

Be fun to send something to Tong Hua as our 'love token'... though I think we'd need someone with twitter or someway of contacting Tong Hua to get an email so we can send it along with a note that apologizes for all the errors, but that us fangirls wanted to send her a copy of the strictly-amateur fruits of our love-labor on the off chance she'll get a kick out of reading bits of her work in English!

EDIT 2

Magnolias, Hoju and I are still working on the last bit of Chap 11, but I'm hoping that after this week I'm available again to share a chapter.... Cutzie I haven't been keeping track are 12, 13 and 14 all up for grabs? Anyone want to share?
    Last edited by yanfeng; 06-07-11 at 03:26 PM.

Sounds good to me! I can get started next week with whichever chapter that's free then. Which online version are you translating? I read it from here: http://www.xiaoxiaoshuo.net/yanqingx...2/bubujingxin/ but it seems some of the scenes were different from the translated version in terms of chapters and sequence.

ShimmerDreamz, we're actually using this website to translate and references of chapters: http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/catalog.php?book=80155

As of right now, Chapter 12, 14, and anything after that are unspoken for. So grab whichever one you want

Yanfeng, how could you forget Ande? Lol, it's alright. Our team is growing so fast that it's hard to keep track of everyone. So let me introduce, last but certainly not least, our wonderful translator, Ande And now we have ShimmerDreamz to join us too

Also yanfeng, what do you mean you're the backup violin???? What would we do without you? You're definitely a critical member of the team

Really enjoying BBJX translation, thanks for all the hard work!

IF the translating team needs more translators and if they don't mind a new person in their team, I would love to ask to join the translating team.

Read the chinese version of BBJX from the sina site mentioned to test if my chinese ability has improved
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-12-11 at 08:26 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Thanks to the Magnolia team for the new updates!

H.Ge-C.Liu,

Welcome to Magnolia team! See above on vaguely how we operate, feel free to post here to ask questions or PM us individually or collectively. Otherwise the only thing needed is to pick a chapter that's not yet spoken for (or post a request to share one) and then go!

Thanks for letting me join! I was thinking of translating Chapter 15 or a part of it(since I read it in chinese up to there), if it's not already taken.

SO...when I finish translating a part of a chapter, how do I give it to the magnolia team? is there a specific way or do I just email it to someone?
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-12-11 at 11:56 PM.

Thank you Vienne94. Love hearing from readers.

Welcome H.Ge-C.Liu!

When you're done with your section, usually, you will PM or email it to cutzie. She can provide you with her email if you prefer to send a Word document to her. She will do the first round QC and then pass it on to Plushie, who will do the final QC. If you're sharing a chapter, usually one person will compile the entire chapter before sending it off to cutzie.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Hi again,
    I've finished Chapter 15 parts 1 and 2. How would you translate '姑娘说话带着点儿齉?' (On the Sina Site, it is Chapter 15 part 3 line 4)
    the full sentence is: “姑娘说话带着点儿齉,挑点儿鼻烟嗅嗅,打几个喷嚏,自会爽快。”

I'd rather have a magnolia team member pm their email address to me, because the translation is on a word document.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-13-11 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    How would you translate '姑娘说话带着点儿齉?' (On the Sina Site, it is Chapter 15 part 3 line 4)
    the full sentence is: “姑娘说话带着点儿齉,挑点儿鼻烟嗅嗅,打几个喷嚏,自会爽快。”
    How about this?
    "Miss, you sound slightly congested when you are talking."

I'm sure cutzie will get in touch with you some time. If not, when you are done, leave a message here or send her a PM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    How about this?
    "Miss, you sound slightly congested when you are talking."

I'm sure cutzie will get in touch with you some time. If not, when you are done, leave a message here or send her a PM.
    thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Welcome ShimmerDreamz! Great to have you join the team-

Quick intro: Plushie is our fearless leader and we're are a very easy-going bunch of translators (sorry that meant you had to wait on the translations! ) and you'd find most of us have our own styles so don't feel like you need to adapt to anything. Plushie's queen of those cultural footnotes, Lulu's been doing poetry, Cutzie and Hoju are our powerhouse translators and I've been back-up violin. Am I missing anyone??

We are mostly doing past tense translations, though Hoju's been doing present, and Hoju's also been compiling common terms (like titles and greetings) so, if you choose to, you can reference that!

EDIT:

Cutzie: I vote to post it soon so we can start our 'regular' schedule back up again of 3 parts or so every week! I'm excited... I think between us five we should be able to manage 3 to 4 parts of translation a week, which means we can keep up the momentum... well, at least until they start to release the drama!

Be fun to send something to Tong Hua as our 'love token'... though I think we'd need someone with twitter or someway of contacting Tong Hua to get an email so we can send it along with a note that apologizes for all the errors, but that us fangirls wanted to send her a copy of the strictly-amateur fruits of our love-labor on the off chance she'll get a kick out of reading bits of her work in English!

EDIT 2

Magnolias, Hoju and I are still working on the last bit of Chap 11, but I'm hoping that after this week I'm available again to share a chapter.... Cutzie I haven't been keeping track are 12, 13 and 14 all up for grabs? Anyone want to share?
    I do have twitter (HGe_CLiu) but I can't seem to find Tong Hua, even though I've searched everything that could relate to her.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-14-11 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    I do have twitter (HGe_CLiu) but I can't seem to find Tong Hua, even though I've searched everything that could relate to her.
    I think yanfeng means the Chinese version of Twitter called weibo. This is Tong Hua's page: http://weibo.com/n/%E6%A1%90%E5%8D%8Etonghua

Magnolias, Chapter 12 and 14 are still available if anyone wants to claim them

If someone has a Weibo that'll be awesome! But no worries if not, just a hope!

Meanwhile Hoju/Cutzie I just sent Chap 11 part 6 over- let me give Chap 12 a look to see how difficult it is to translate and I'll take one of them on if it's not too 'deep' for me! Anyone want to share one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    If someone has a Weibo that'll be awesome! But no worries if not, just a hope!

Meanwhile Hoju/Cutzie I just sent Chap 11 part 6 over- let me give Chap 12 a look to see how difficult it is to translate and I'll take one of them on if it's not too 'deep' for me! Anyone want to share one of them?
    I have Twitter as well as Weibo  Tong Hua is one of the people I am 'watching'

OH no! The earliest bit of part 4 ended on a cliffhanger!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!
    I like me.

The number of words I don't get in Chaps 12 and 14 are formidable... I think, unless it's taken, I'm going to take a stab at Chap 16 instead. If there's no one already on it??

(Cutzie, thanks, it's sweet of you, but I seriously am one of the more mandarin-disableds amongst us translators! Thanks for putting up with my stuff and the QC work it takes to make it readable!)

EDIT: Cutzie thanks for posting the start of Chap 4 (or was it Plushie who did so?) You gals do such an awesome job with the footnotes and QC- I'm seriously thinking this is quality enough to send to Tong Hua if you gals are all up for it. I know Cutzie is, and H.Ge has a weibo. But no worries if the rest of you don't feel like it.... I understand too. It _is_ a little awkward and may or may not be the best received! In any case, hope you gals are having fun with this, because I sure am! )

EDIT2: Flying this weekend so might have time ont he plane- will work on Chap 16 still welcomed joiners if anyone wants to share, otherwise, I'll just keep chiseling at it!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 06-17-11 at 12:03 PM.