Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Plushie, just wondering, can you add ji'xiang in the glossary of terms? I find that it's smoother to use the pinyin for that word (as you've done in Chapter 1)than the English translation. Oh, and also, have you receive my emails?
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    Plushie, just wondering, can you add ji'xiang in the glossary of terms? I find that it's smoother to use the pinyin for that word (as you've done in Chapter 1)than the English translation. Oh, and also, have you receive my emails?
    For chapter 15, I used ji'xiang instead of the english translation and put a footnote about that at the end of chapter 15. hope that's okay.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Yah I can certainly add it in. Thanks for pointing it out!

And yes I've received up to chapter 5 from you.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Sorry guys, didn't want to go through the entire thread, so forgive me if this question has already been asked (also forgive me for being slightly off topic).

Anyways...

Has anyone read any of Tong Hua's other novels? I keep seeing a lot of people mentioning "Da Mo Yao" and "Yun Zhong Ge". Are they any good or are they just riding off the fame of Tong Hua (& BBJX)?

Thanksees

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Has anyone read any of Tong Hua's other novels? I keep seeing a lot of people mentioning "Da Mo Yao" and "Yun Zhong Ge". Are they any good or are they just riding off the fame of Tong Hua (& BBJX)?

Thanksees
    I enjoyed "Da Mo Yao." Strong female protagonist, similar to BBJX in that sense, but the girl in DMY is not a time-traveler so no hang ups about the future and all that. The first few chapters were slow going but it does pick up though I liked the second half a lot more than the first half. The two main guys are easy to love but a bit idealized in my opinion. Maybe that's why the novel didn't make as much of an impact to me as BBJX. I like my men a little messed up. Makes them seem more tangible and believable. Still I think it's definitely worth a read. Just like BBJX, it has a good balance of funny, light scenes and dark, heart-wrenching scenes. The ending wasn't as depressing.
    Last edited by Vienne94; 06-19-11 at 11:57 PM.

Currently reading Da Mo Yao. The first few chapters are quite draggy.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 09-02-11 at 07:27 AM.

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! to the translation team! It's been so great to read the actual novel in anticipation of the show. And I think the translation is so professionally done. I can really get a sense of Ruoxi's character and the overall setting even if it's not in the original language.

Any idea when the rest of chapter 4 will be up? I've been stalking the site daily for updates...heheh

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaheart View Post
    A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! to the translation team! It's been so great to read the actual novel in anticipation of the show. And I think the translation is so professionally done. I can really get a sense of Ruoxi's character and the overall setting even if it's not in the original language.

Any idea when the rest of chapter 4 will be up? I've been stalking the site daily for updates...heheh
    Hmmm...don't know where Plushie is. It's past Tuesday already so I'm going to go ahead and post the next part.

Edit: Next part is up. I just released one part because I don't know how much Plushie had edit.
    Last edited by cutzie; 06-22-11 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Cutzie! Plushie hope all is well with you!

(BTW, Cutzie/Plushie I'm nearly done with Chap 16 parts 1-5, should I send those to you both for QC? Or just Cutzie you?)

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Thanks Cutzie! Plushie hope all is well with you!

(BTW, Cutzie/Plushie I'm nearly done with Chap 16 parts 1-5, should I send those to you both for QC? Or just Cutzie you?)
    You can just send it to me and, after I QC, I'll send it over to Plushie. That way we won't have to do the same job twice

Thanks for the update! I knew this part would require a lot of referencing. RouXi actually quoted from Mao?! Hahaha, was he talking about himself when he said that?

Hi!! I'm a new fan of the novel ♥♥, I find the drama's previews and mv by chance since the plot look awesome I start to search for the novel reading with the help of Google of course lol. . . I start searching for some info of BBJX [since the drama is around the corner!! yay ^^] and found this page and read all the pags. thanks for all the comments they help me to understand better the plot of the novel!! ^-^...

And of course Thanks so much for all the memebers of the translation team, I've enjoyed so much your chapters.

I have one quick question [I totally couldn't understand what in the world google mean lol] in the end: What happen with the letter Ruoxi send to 4th, did the letter reach him or the 14th do something about it? And last did 4th prince forgive rouxi?

Quote Originally Posted by Hikary25 View Post
    Hi!! I'm a new fan of the novel ♥♥, I find the drama's previews and mv by chance since the plot look awesome I start to search for the novel reading with the help of Google of course lol. . . I start searching for some info of BBJX [since the drama is around the corner!! yay ^^] and found this page and read all the pags. thanks for all the comments they help me to understand better the plot of the novel!! ^-^...

And of course Thanks so much for all the memebers of the translation team, I've enjoyed so much your chapters.

I have one quick question [I totally couldn't understand what in the world google mean lol] in the end: What happen with the letter Ruoxi send to 4th, did the letter reach him or the 14th do something about it? And last did 4th prince forgive rouxi?
    RuoXi had practiced her handwriting so it was identical to 4th's. So when she asked 14th to deliver the note, he thought it was a joke that his concubine had the same handwriting and labelled a new envelope with the emperor's name on it. Then when 4th saw it, he ignored what he believed to be a letter from his brother, not RuoXi.

4th did forgive RuoXi in the end... even before he travelled out to her place of death, he was constantly thinking of her (RE. masochistic relationship with the rain following that scene where RuoXi knelt in the rain for ages to help 13th).

Hey guys. I just decided to take a look at the stats for our blog today, something that I never pay attention to before, and I found it was kind of interesting. These are the top 10 countries that our readers are from:

United States: 1,770
    Canada: 267
    Malaysia: 264
    Singapore: 230
    Australia: 209
    United Kingdom: 134
    Netherlands: 91
    Indonesia: 74
    Thailand: 74
    Hong Kong: 54

I didn't know what surprised me the most: the number of readers, the diversity of them, or the fact that some are from Hong Kong, where Chinese is the native language. I was just so amazed that I needed to share it all with you guys.

EDIT: Note that this is for this week ALONE
    Last edited by cutzie; 06-27-11 at 11:44 PM.

as a fan translator for Startling Surprises Blog, I'm quite please by the numbers and the popularity english fan translations are bringing

I didn't know what surprised me the most: the number of readers, the diversity of them, or the fact that some are from Hong Kong, where Chinese is the native language. I was just so amazed that I needed to share it all with you guys.
    LOL...Hongkong has a lot of foreigners. I for one live and work in Hongkong, but I grew up in Spore and UK. My Chinese is largely picked up from watching TVB dramas. And of course as I'm in advertising, I'm familiar with the entertainment media.

Also, most members here do not report where they are based.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-27-11 at 11:00 PM.

^^xiaolong, if I ever end up in HK, can I come visit you? I promise I'm not psycho HA HA HA ok

The story is quite compelling so far. I am totally imagining all the actors faces in there respective roles as characters in story.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    I enjoyed "Da Mo Yao." Strong female protagonist, similar to BBJX in that sense, but the girl in DMY is not a time-traveler so no hang ups about the future and all that. The first few chapters were slow going but it does pick up though I liked the second half a lot more than the first half. The two main guys are easy to love but a bit idealized in my opinion. Maybe that's why the novel didn't make as much of an impact to me as BBJX. I like my men a little messed up. Makes them seem more tangible and believable. Still I think it's definitely worth a read. Just like BBJX, it has a good balance of funny, light scenes and dark, heart-wrenching scenes. The ending wasn't as depressing.
    I, too, thought Da Mo Yao was really draggy in the first third. I couldn't finish it.

I liked Yun Zhong Ge a lot. The plot, imo, isn't as good as the BBJX, but it's more fantastical and conducive to imagination. It's a bit more "typical," with more handsome guys and a more lively main character. The story is also a bit more youthful since all the main characters are 16 - 21. I also have an aversion of anything in the Qing, though....
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum

Some good news: LSS' official fan website and the official fan-team behind the BBJX drama on weibo has realised Magnolia Translation Team is making a fan translation of Bu Bu Jing Xin by Tong Hua!
    They are planning on helping us spread the word across weibo
    Currently translating Chapter 15 part 8
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 07-20-11 at 01:03 AM.

^^ Wow! That's pretty awesome. ^.^

Anyways. Cutzie, I was wondering if you can post the next 2 week's updates because I will be doing some travelling and will not have access to the internet. =X
    I've just posted chapter 5 parts 4-5 so chapter 5 is officially done! Woot everyone!

And thanks for compiling chapter 3-4 btw.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>