Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl View Post
    I'll try to translate Chapter 8 Part 3, or at least as much as I can with my limited Mandarin. I'll need some serious help with the parts I don't know. Plushie, cutzie, anyone....? PM me with the e-mail address I'm supposed to send it to for serious QC-ing. I'm afraid I won't be able to help much with footnotes here.
    If you have any questions, post it here. Someone will probably be able to help you out. Thanks for helping!
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl View Post
    I'll try to translate Chapter 8 Part 3, or at least as much as I can with my limited Mandarin. I'll need some serious help with the parts I don't know. Plushie, cutzie, anyone....? PM me with the e-mail address I'm supposed to send it to for serious QC-ing. I'm afraid I won't be able to help much with footnotes here.
    I've sent the pm Once more, thank you for joining us.

Guys, I'm sorry I've been so unhelpful lately. School is just keeping me really busy. And I tried to sneak some BBJX watch time in my few minutes of free time. Next week will be better for me, though, and I'll try to help out more.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Default Hi! I\mmm a big fan! *0* (a request)

Hii Plushi,
    Once I saw and knew about this project, I was reallly exciteedd. I had always been a big fan of BBJX, since the book was first posted online =D and since then i had been following this book for awhilee, once I saw and knew about this project, I was reallly exciteedd.

I hope I can be part of this project to show my obession for this boook and for the chinese culture ! !!I came to Canada when I was in elementary school so my translation skills is pretty limited :L though I had practiced translating some legal paper works for my Dad but it wasn't very serious (very drafty), so this is still pretty new to me. :P In my passtime, I read alot of Chinese historical fictions and nonfictions, I hope this can help a little...
    I also own a hard copy of BBJX,, so it should be pretty convienent

Please consider me ! thank you
    Whitepaper

Quote Originally Posted by whitepaper View Post
    Hii Plushi,
    Once I saw and knew about this project, I was reallly exciteedd. I had always been a big fan of BBJX, since the book was first posted online =D and since then i had been following this book for awhilee, once I saw and knew about this project, I was reallly exciteedd.

I hope I can be part of this project to show my obession for this boook and for the chinese culture ! !!I came to Canada when I was in elementary school so my translation skills is pretty limited :L though I had practiced translating some legal paper works for my Dad but it wasn't very serious (very drafty), so this is still pretty new to me. :P In my passtime, I read alot of Chinese historical fictions and nonfictions, I hope this can help a little...
    I also own a hard copy of BBJX,, so it should be pretty convienent

Please consider me ! thank you
    Whitepaper

Omg of course we'd love to have you! We don't really screen people or anything and there's not really an interview process like many translation groups out there. The project is purely for all who love the book and want to practice their Chinese or English. So pick a chapter and start! We do need help with chapter 8 atm though.

You actually translated legal documents?? Wow. I don't think I could actually do that at all. XD
    And don't worry about your translation skills, I'm sure you'll do fine. I think none of us actually has Chinese as our first language. (Cept maybe Hoju! since I'm always super impressed with her translations.) Plus that's what QCing is for!

To be honest, my Chinese is crap, so my translations skill really limited as well. Translating is actually very laborious and hard for me since I have to refer to my dictionaries and thesaurus all the time. >.<" Wikipedia is also your friend. LOL.
    But It really makes you so happy when you get a chapter done.
    Last edited by Plushie; 09-13-11 at 01:59 AM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Omg of course we'd love to have you! We don't really screen people or anything and there's not really an interview process like many translation groups out there. The project is purely for all who love the book and want to practice their Chinese or English. So pick a chapter and start! We do need help with chapter 8 atm though.

You actually translated legal documents?? Wow. I don't think I could actually do that at all. XD
    And don't worry about your translation skills, I'm sure you'll do fine. I think none of us actually has Chinese as our first language. (Cept maybe Hoju! since I'm always super impressed with her translations.) Plus that's what QCing is for!

To be honest, my Chinese is crap, so my translations skill really limited as well. Translating is actually very laborious and hard for me since I have to refer to my dictionaries and thesaurus all the time. >.<" Wikipedia is also your friend. LOL.
    But It really makes you so happy when you get a chapter done.
    Horray Im soo happy >0<, about the chapter, I see that it is seperated into parts, does everyone choose a part, what if we have overlaps? I'm also very new to this site n the forum.. (embarassed).. how do everyone contact eachother :S
    i'm alreadyy impressed with the first few chapters I thought it was really thorough and precise. XD
    is it on bbjx first volume and going by the chinese chapter order , which chapter eight is about A ge tenth's birth party ?! also, Is there a place to post draft and final copy for editing .... cant wait to start

Horray Im soo happy >0<, about the chapter, I see that it is seperated into parts, does everyone choose a part, what if we have overlaps? I'm also very new to this site n the forum.. (embarassed).. how do everyone contact eachother :S
    i'm alreadyy impressed with the first few chapters I thought it was really thorough and precise. XD
    is it on bbjx first volume and going by the chinese chapter order , which chapter eight is about A ge tenth's birth party ?! also, Is there a place to post draft and final copy for editing .... cant wait to start
    Welcome to the team whitepaper!
    You can either translate a whole chapter by yourself, or translate a chapter with a partner. There is a table at bubujingxinenglish.blogspot under the 'Translation Progress' tab and take the next free chapter.

Yes, BBJX is going by the Chinese chapter sequence (sina site).
    Once you finish translating, it will go through two rounds of Q'Cing.
    Have fun!
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Welcome whitepaper to our team

This is a site that we're using as reference to the chapters and parts: http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/catalog.php?book=80155
    So the chapter 8 we're talking about is chapter 8 on that site. Since wuxiagurl has gotten part 3, it would be great if you could take part 4. But you do not have to, you can choose whichever chapter you like. I think chapter 20 and on are free. I will pm you my email address and you can send me your part by attachment once you're done. Thank Plushie and I will start the rounds of QC. Once again, welcome

Plushie, are you going to be posting part 2 (Hoju's part) today?
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post

Plushie, are you going to be posting part 2 (Hoju's part) today?
    Yah part 2 of chapter 8 should be up in the next few hours.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Alrightt !! thx for all the welcoming welcomes xD
    I would like to take part 4 of chapter 8, so after that it would be chapter 20 and later ? mm Is there a serious timeline or best before certain date that draft is duee ?! and what do we usually do about the poems and four word phrases in the text..hehe
    Ps whats QC. o.o

lluv bbgx

Hello whitepaper! Welcome! Nice to have another person on the team.

Hehe. Hey guys, I just stopped by the blog and noticed the new part was up. I haven't actually read through the latest updates in a while, so forgive me if I'm just catching on to something that has been a norm. I noticed that with the new part, you guys changed some of it to past tense (since I'm being weird and translating in present tense). Did I miss anything? Are we officially moving to past tense now or still going "as we please?" Editing tenses is a real bugger, and I noticed the latest edited posting mixes past/present tense, probably for that very reason. Do you want me to swap over to past tense to make editing easier?
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Hello whitepaper! Welcome! Nice to have another person on the team.

Hehe. Hey guys, I just stopped by the blog and noticed the new part was up. I haven't actually read through the latest updates in a while, so forgive me if I'm just catching on to something that has been a norm. I noticed that with the new part, you guys changed some of it to past tense (since I'm being weird and translating in present tense). Did I miss anything? Are we officially moving to past tense now or still going "as we please?" Editing tenses is a real bugger, and I noticed the latest edited posting mixes past/present tense, probably for that very reason. Do you want me to swap over to past tense to make editing easier?
    I thought it was still as we please. XD

If you all like we can keep with one tense.

You guys plan to post this in the translations section of spcnet?
    --=={Grundle}==--

i have been following this thread for quite some time, but didn't have much to say since i didn't start reading the novel until 2 days ago. believe or not i'm about half way through the novel and i can't help it but want to join the discussion forum and discuss things with you guys.

my concerns and feel free to reply :

1. is it me or is it seems to everyone that rouxi doesn't really love 8th. i mean true that he did pick his ambitions over her, but most guys would. just like they say girls are afraid of marrying the wrong guy, and guys are afraid of picking the wrong career. i don't find a huge problem with him wanting to pick his career over her and it wasn't like he ONLY wanted his career and ambitions and NOT her.

2. i think 8th, 14th and 4th gave up too much for rouxi. keep in mind i haven't read the whole novel so i can only discuss up to half way or a little more of the book. but almost 10 plus yrs of unconditional love from 8th, admiring and taking care of rouxi from far away from 14th and doing mostly what he can from 4th to keep her safe. i mean it's not like she didn't do much for them, but what she did for them is mere nothing comparing to what they did or what they will do for her to ensure her happiness and safety. i guess she's one hell of a lucky girl.

3. it sort of bother me and i'm sure it doesn't bother a lot of you guys, but if she really love someone should she be able to fall in love with another person. personally myself if i love or loved someone there's no one else that would be able to replace that person in my heart. i understand that she loves 4th or we assume she really does love him and she agreed to marry 14th so she can "fully" love 4th and she want to be able to love him without having any barriers or guilty consciences but why would she really care what others people will say about her, or how she feels. i mean throughout her relationship with 8th or 4th it seems like their a lot of reservation for everything. she can't fully love 8th bc she knows he will lose in the battle of throne, can't love 4th bc he will or is doing a lot of evil stuff but do you have to think that much when you're truly in love. i think when you're truly in love you lose the ability to think clearly, that's why they call it "madly or blindly in love". if you can control your feelings would it really be consider true love.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    3. it sort of bother me and i'm sure it doesn't bother a lot of you guys, but if she really love someone should she be able to fall in love with another person. personally myself if i love or loved someone there's no one else that would be able to replace that person in my heart. i understand that she loves 4th or we assume she really does love him and she agreed to marry 14th so she can "fully" love 4th and she want to be able to love him without having any barriers or guilty consciences but why would she really care what others people will say about her, or how she feels. i mean throughout her relationship with 8th or 4th it seems like their a lot of reservation for everything. she can't fully love 8th bc she knows he will lose in the battle of throne, can't love 4th bc he will or is doing a lot of evil stuff but do you have to think that much when you're truly in love. i think when you're truly in love you lose the ability to think clearly, that's why they call it "madly or blindly in love". if you can control your feelings would it really be consider true love.
    Personally, I don't think she loved 8th as much as she loved 4th. Loving 4th does not mean she has replaced one for the other. In our life, we usually fall in love more than once before we marry, or even after. At the time that we're in love w/ one person, that person is the whole world to us. And if/when that relationship ended (as w/ RX & 8th), we might fall in love w/ another person (RX & 4th). We can love another person, but that doesn't mean we have to replace the one in the past or forget him/her. If a man married a woman he loved, but she died. Then later he fell in love w/ another woman. He doesn't necessarily have to forget the love he had for his dead wife (although he should not let that get in the way between him and the current one).

I also believe that there are other things just as important as love between a man and a woman. I personally don't think that to truly love someone means that you have to lose your ability to think clearly. For example, if a girl loves a guy, but her parents are against them being together. She loves her parents and the guy. But both sides forces her to choose one or the other. So if she choose her parents, does that mean she doesn't love the guy? or vice versa? To me, it's just at that moment when she makes her decision, she has to think of the consequences of her actions. If she chooses to run away w/ the guy, and her parents become ill due to her decision, she would have to live w/ that for the rest of her life. But if she choose to stay w/ her parents due being a filial daughter and doesn't want to hurt them, she might lose the guy. There are many consequences that she has to think about when making her decisions. Taking time to think about the consequences and not blindly making a decision does not equal to not loving. It's because she loves them that she has to sit down and think through the issue so that she won't hurt them too much.

Back to BBJX, to me, Ruoxi has had experience love before, as well as heartbreak. She definitely doesn't want a repeat of what had happened w/ her first boyfriend (in modern time). It's like the saying "once bitten, twice shy." Experience has taught her to be careful in making decisions regarding love, marriage, how to survive, etc. To me, it's usually "first love" that makes someone "blindly in love." And I believe that Ruoxi's love w/ 8th is not that. She has had experienced "first love" or "blindly in love" w/ her first boyfriend in the modern world. It was at that time that she disregard her parents' advice and ended up heartbroken when her bf left her. She regretted her decision. Now that she's experienced, she has to think more thoroughly about her relationships (w/ 8th and then w/ 4th) and how to go about w/ them. But that doesn't mean she didn't love them. But if you believe that to love, one has to "lose the ability to think clearly when in love" then she did experienced that w/ 4th. Since I'm not sure where half the book ends (since I only read a translation of BBJX) I'm not sure if you want to be spoiled so I won't type it.

Loving someone doesn't mean you have to turn a blind eye on things that your other half is doing. For example, if a guy decides he wants to rob a bank (for whatever reason), should his gf turn a blind eye on that knowing what her bf is going to do? (I know it depends on the situation but let's not go there). If she tries to talk him out of it or do something to stop him because she doesn't want him to become a robber and possibly get arrested, does that means she doesn't love him? No. It's because she loves him that's why she's trying to stop him. Loving someone doesn't mean you have to agree w/ that person on everything. Standing up for what you believe in, even if that goes against your other half, doesn't mean you don't love your other half.

When you're in love, it doesn't mean the world (beside you and him) cease to exist. People around you two still matter and are important. You have to think about them too. There are family love, love you have for your friends, etc.

What i like about RX when she was thinking about her relationship w/ 8th is that she doesn't think "love is everything" and that "nothing else beside love matters." She's very realistic. She knows that the people around them (like Ming Hui and her son) will affect their relationship in long terms.

Also, i don't think she "agreed to marry 14th so she can fully love 4th." But for this, you'd have to read to the end of the book.

(Sorry I give examples outside of BBJX and my tenses are all mixed up. Also I read a translated online version of BBJX, not the edited book version)
    Last edited by fuyuko; 09-17-11 at 09:51 AM.

Thank you Plushie and Yanfeng for all the interesting insights into the characters.

I first chanced upon BBJX in koalasplayground. Before this, I was mainly watching korean dramas. I haven't watched a c-drama since LOCH08.

OMG, I just fell headlong into love with the drama! Simply could not stop watching it - finished 10 eps in one day sacrificing sleep along the way. Then I googled BBJX and chanced upon this wonderful forum (including the drama one). My membership of this forum is thanks to BBJX.

Someone said they didn't have a life once BBJX started airing. Haha so true for me. I am eagerly waiting to next episodes everytime I'm on the internet. The songs are stuck in my head too. Absolute craziness

Would like to ask something regarding Plushie mentioned in the drama thread. It is about Ruoxi and why she was able to accept 4th even though he had many wives. Don't worry take your time to answer I love reading long essays on character analysis.

From what I have read in the thread so far, it seems that Ruoxi didn't love 4th at first? But she decided on him because of self-serving interest, only later on she was moved by him? At what point in the novel did Ruoxi realise that she really loved 4th?

Was it mentioned in the novel why Ruoxi and 13th didn't have romantic feelings for each other? It would have been best for her to have fallen in love with 13th since his character is good and he is not overly ambitious. Also, strange that 13th didn't have any romantic feelings since so many of his brothers did.

Quote Originally Posted by starberry View Post
    Was it mentioned in the novel why Ruoxi and 13th didn't have romantic feelings for each other? It would have been best for her to have fallen in love with 13th since his character is good and he is not overly ambitious. Also, strange that 13th didn't have any romantic feelings since so many of his brothers did.
    Yes, it was mentioned. Just before he got imprisoned for 10 years. 13th has a mother complex that's why he didn't have romantic feelings for RX or MinMin. His mother (who died when he was young) was kind and gentle, like Luwu, so he fell in love w/ Luwu. He got scared of RX after witnessing her and MingYu GeGe fighting during 10th's B-day. As for why RX didn't have romantic feelings for 13th, she said it's because he didn't love her first. She said due to her past experience, now the guy has to show her his love/prove it before she can accept him and start falling in love w/ him. Since he didn't, she didn't. And i think she mentioned something about him being a player??? She asked him if he was ever scared to look back when walking down the street because he might see all the hearts he has broken??? I'm not sure on this since I can't remember very well.

As for why she was able to accept 4th even though he had many wives...I think she accepted her reality, that she can't go back to the modern world and that men in the Forbidden city have many wives. Those are things she cannot change and have to accept as a fact. 4th was able to control his wives and family better than 8th so she feels more secured I think. As for why she fell in love w/ 4th, I think Plushie (or someone else) had already explained thoroughly. 3 things he did cemented her love (telling her that he also wanted the throne, instinctively shielding her from the arrow his son shot, and coming to see her when she was punished for pleading for 13th after he was house arrested)
    Last edited by fuyuko; 09-17-11 at 10:38 AM.

Hi, thanks for your reply fuyuko.

I realised I missed out some bits in front when I was scanning through the thread thus the overlapping questions.

What i like about RX when she was thinking about her relationship w/ 8th is that she doesn't think "love is everything" and that "nothing else beside love matters." She's very realistic. She knows that the people around them (like Ming Hui and her son) will affect their relationship in long terms.
    I agree with you on this. I guess maybe her previous experience with her first boyfriend in modern times affected her as someone mentioned. Also, I was thinking that maybe if she married 8th, her relationship with her sister might be affected? Did Ruolan ever know about the relationship between 8th and Ruoxi?

What happened to Ruolan in the end?

Also, i don't think she "agreed to marry 14th so she can fully love 4th." But for this, you'd have to read to the end of the book
    Could you elaborate more on this part? I've tried to look for the book version but I only found a website that has until chapter 29.
    Last edited by starberry; 09-17-11 at 11:24 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by starberry View Post
    What happened to Ruolan in the end?

Could you elaborate more on this part? I've tried to look for the book version but I only found a website that has until chapter 29.
    Ruolan died sometimes after 4th became emperor. due to deteriorating health??? i forgot. i only remember 4th called for RX and she saw 8th in the same room. She knew something was wrong b/c 4th tried to keep her away from 8th and his group. She went to 8th's estate, Ruolan told her she was scared she can't be reunited w/ her lover even after death b/c she's still married to 8th, so RX pleaded 8th to write/sign a divorce paper. This is where I feel sorry for MingHui because Minghui only realized at this moment that she has been fighting a worthless fight against Ruolan, for Ruolan never cared about 8th. I think Minghui wrote the paper herself(??) and had 8th signed. Minghui pretended to be strong and didn't want them to notice her tears almost falling so she looked up at the ceiling (??). After Ruolan saw the divorce paper, she died (happily/peacefully???).

Edit: oh yeah, I think her body was brought back to her family and was secretly buried w/ her lover.

Oh yeah, about Ruolan ever know about the relationship between 8th and Ruoxi? she did. I don't know when she first noticed, but I know she knew because 8th asked her to talk to RX (persuade her) when RX was still undecided about leaving him after giving him the ultimatum (the throne or her)---(I hope I got this part right since my memory of 8th's part is a little hazy)

She agreed to marry 14th because she wanted to leave the palace. She thought that if she continued to stay, their (RX & 4th) relationship would deteriorate to the point they may have nothing left but hate between each other. 4th said that he would forget everything (her relationship w/ 8th and her telling 8th to beware of 4th yrs ago) if she would just stay with him. But she said there are just too many things between them that can't be resolved/forgotten. It was only after she had left the palace that she realized she really loved/missed him and that freedom from the palace doesn't make her as happy as she first thought (something she wanted from the get go). In her own world while living in 14th's estate, she fully/truly love 4th as himself (and not him as an emperor torturing people). There are no obstacles (her witnessing and hearing about 4th torturing the people she cares about) between them. She can live just thinking about their time together, what he likes and dislikes. She came to dislike and like things that he dislikes and likes. She practiced calligraphy everyday so that her handwriting is exactly like his, showing her love for him. She held/rubbed the arrow very often, thinking about him.

It's so sad, b/c 4th only realized how much RX loved him (and not hated him) when he came after her death, seeing all these (arrow-something he had forgotten about and didn't even know she had kept, calligraphy).

So the whole point why I disagreed was that to me, she did not agreed to marry 14th so that she can fully love 4th, but she'd only realized she can fully love him after she had left and living in her own world w/o obstacles between them.

That's my 2 cent (maybe it should be a crying face since i bawled everytime i re-read this part or even think of it) i feel sorry for LSS. She mentioned in an interview (or was YH who said it for her) that anytime she sees/hears about BBJX, she would tear up. Gosh, just reading/thinking about it tear me up every time. LSS had to act out the part. She had it worse than us
    Last edited by fuyuko; 09-17-11 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    Ruolan died sometimes after 4th became emperor. due to deteriorating health??? i forgot. i only remember 4th called for RX and she saw 8th in the same room. She knew something was wrong b/c 4th tried to keep her away from 8th and his group. She went to 8th's estate, Ruolan told her she was scared she can't be reunited w/ her lover even after death b/c she's still married to 8th, so RX pleaded 8th to write/sign a divorce paper. This is where I feel sorry for MingHui because Minghui only realized at this moment that she has been fighting a worthless fight against Ruolan, for Ruolan never cared about 8th. I think Minghui wrote the paper herself(??) and had 8th signed. Minghui pretended to be strong and didn't want them to notice her tears almost falling so she looked up at the ceiling (??). After Ruolan saw the divorce paper, she died (happily/peacefully???).

Edit: oh yeah, I think her body was brought back to her family and was secretly buried w/ her lover.

Oh yeah, about Ruolan ever know about the relationship between 8th and Ruoxi? she did. I don't know when she first noticed, but I know she knew because 8th asked her to talk to RX (persuade her) when RX was still undecided about leaving him after giving him the ultimatum (the throne or her)---(I hope I got this part right since my memory of 8th's part is a little hazy)

She agreed to marry 14th because she wanted to leave the palace. She thought that if she continued to stay, their (RX & 4th) relationship would deteriorate to the point they may have nothing left but hate between each other. 4th said that he would forget everything (her relationship w/ 8th and her telling 8th to beware of 4th yrs ago) if she would just stay with him. But she said there are just too many things between them that can't be resolved/forgotten. It was only after she had left the palace that she realized she really loved/missed him and that freedom from the palace doesn't make her as happy as she first thought (something she wanted from the get go). In her own world while living in 14th's estate, she fully/truly love 4th as himself (and not him as an emperor torturing people). There are no obstacles (her witnessing and hearing about 4th torturing the people she cares about) between them. She can live just thinking about their time together, what he likes and dislikes. She came to dislike and like things that he dislikes and likes. She practiced calligraphy everyday so that her handwriting is exactly like his, showing her love for him. She held/rubbed the arrow very often, thinking about him.

It's so sad, b/c 4th only realized how much RX loved him (and not hated him) when he came after her death, seeing all these (arrow-something he had forgotten about and didn't even know she had kept, calligraphy).

So the whole point why I disagreed was that to me, she did not agreed to marry 14th so that she can fully love 4th, but she'd only realized she can fully love him after she had left and living in her own world w/o obstacles between them.

That's my 2 cent (maybe it should be a crying face since i bawled everytime i re-read this part or even think of it) i feel sorry for LSS. She mentioned in an interview (or was YH who said it for her) that anytime she sees/hears about BBJX, she would tear up. Gosh, just reading/thinking about it tear me up every time. LSS had to act out the part. She had it worse than us

quick question so who's here is rx and 8th shipper and who's here is rx and 4th shipper?

just had to ask bc personally myself after rx and 8th relationship shattered a part of my heart died with the novel. i'm still reading it through, but can't seem to find the feeling rx and 8th gives me with rx and 4th. but do feel terribly for 14th.