Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Hi everyone!! Newbie here

Thank you to the translating team, you guys are awesome.

I have a few questions:

1) what were the 3 incidents that cemented Ruoxi's love for 4th? I remember reading it but forgetting it
    2) does anyone know where I can find the author's notes on the story?
    3) why does 4th like magnolia? What does it represent?

Will be grateful if someone could answer my questions It's a super awesome story. So sad!! I always feel like crying everytime I think of the ending. Personally, I feel that Ruoxi was too hard on herself when she thought she was the cause of all the rivalry because the rivalry already existed and one way or another, 8th would have singled out 4th as his top rival.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygalisbobo View Post
    Hi everyone!! Newbie here

Thank you to the translating team, you guys are awesome.

I have a few questions:

1) what were the 3 incidents that cemented Ruoxi's love for 4th? I remember reading it but forgetting it
    2) does anyone know where I can find the author's notes on the story?
    3) why does 4th like magnolia? What does it represent?

Will be grateful if someone could answer my questions It's a super awesome story. So sad!! I always feel like crying everytime I think of the ending. Personally, I feel that Ruoxi was too hard on herself when she thought she was the cause of all the rivalry because the rivalry already existed and one way or another, 8th would have singled out 4th as his top rival.
    I go into more details in regard to the 3 incidents here:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...l=1#post968860

The 3 incidents are:

1) When 4th firmly and straightforwardly said Yes, when Ruoxi asked if he wanted the throne.
    2) When 4th showed up in the rain to see her when she is kneeling in the gardens despite the fact that he should have been the last person that should have done so.
    3) When 4th blocked that arrow for Ruoxi but the most crucial part was right afterwards, he said if he was given time to think, he would not have blocked it for her. Those final words, paired with his action of blocking the arrow cemented her love for him.

Tonghua's notes should be fairly easy to find. You can probably scrounge around the tiebas if you can read Chinese. ^^

It's never explained in the novel why 4th loves Magnolia. But in Flower symbolism, Magnolia symbolizes nobility (having a noble soul), dignity, perseverance and love of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    quick question so who's here is rx and 8th shipper and who's here is rx and 4th shipper?
    I think you can all prolly tell I support 4th, ok with 8th and dislike 14th. LOL.
    Last edited by Plushie; 09-21-11 at 02:34 AM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

do you like nicky wu as 4th or do you think there's a better candidate for it ? personally i haven't touched the drama since novel turned drama or movie usually ruins the feelings for me. personally just looking at the poster overall liu shi shi, kevin cheng, yuan hong matches the traits in the book. 9th and 10th are pretty ok i guess and i dont know but 14th just doesn't do it for me. still debating on nicky for 4th. seems a bit off-ish. is there a reason why tong hua prefers nicky as 4th. does she have like a crush on him or something ?

do you like nicky wu as 4th or do you think there's a better candidate for it ? personally i haven't touched the drama since novel turned drama or movie usually ruins the feelings for me. personally just looking at the poster overall liu shi shi, kevin cheng, yuan hong matches the traits in the book. 9th and 10th are pretty ok i guess and i dont know but 14th just doesn't do it for me. still debating on nicky for 4th. seems a bit off-ish. is there a reason why tong hua prefers nicky as 4th. does she have like a crush on him or something ?

ahh forgot to put it in the quote. this is for plushie btw. but everyone else feel free to put in your 2 or 3 cents.

The latest new edition of Bu Bu has just come out. Here's the packaging design, with Nicky as Fourth and LSS as Ruoxi on the cover:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic.pimg.tw/lsw57083/1315999467-1508269416.jpg')

The five new mini-epilogues Tonghua wrote for this new edition has been posted online; has anyone read them? It picks up the story years later, when Chenghuan (13th and Lyu Wu's daughter) has come of age, and is completely heartbreaking, especially the episodes about 13th and 14th Prince (the third and fifth epilogue respectively).

just had to ask bc personally myself after rx and 8th relationship shattered a part of my heart died with the novel. i'm still reading it through, but can't seem to find the feeling rx and 8th gives me with rx and 4th. but do feel terribly for 14th.
    Me too, me too! I'm heartbroken after what happened with 8&RX. Everything was so beautiful and in minutes it was shattered. And more than the lost of their relationship, I mourn for the lost of 8 A Ge. He wasn't the same man after that. What I don't like about 4 and RX is exactly what she doesn't like about them. That he is the Emperor and he does things his way. He's posessive and controlling. Time after time he does things "for her sake" despite them hurting her more than not. Passionate, but always at odds. A bit too dysfunctional for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by starberry View Post
    Also, i don't think she "agreed to marry 14th so she can fully love 4th." But for this, you'd have to read to the end of the book
    Could you elaborate more on this part? I've tried to look for the book version but I only found a website that has until chapter 29.
    I think in the book, she married 14th because she could no longer stay with YongZheng. It was to save her own sanity. But once she left the Palace, she was free to love YinZhen as YinZhen, not as 4 A Ge or YongZhengDi. She wasn't there to witness his ruling and politics. So she could continue to love him without resentment so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ailinon View Post

The five new mini-epilogues Tonghua wrote for this new edition has been posted online; has anyone read them? It picks up the story years later, when Chenghuan (13th and Lyu Wu's daughter) has come of age, and is completely heartbreaking, especially the episodes about 13th and 14th Prince (the third and fifth epilogue respectively).
    *gasps* Did you say mini-epilogues?! Oh pretty please tell me that someone has the links for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003 View Post
    Me too, me too! I'm heartbroken after what happened with 8&RX. Everything was so beautiful and in minutes it was shattered. And more than the lost of their relationship, I mourn for the lost of 8 A Ge. He wasn't the same man after that. What I don't like about 4 and RX is exactly what she doesn't like about them. That he is the Emperor and he does things his way. He's posessive and controlling. Time after time he does things "for her sake" despite them hurting her more than not. Passionate, but always at odds. A bit too dysfunctional for my liking.

I think in the book, she married 14th because she could no longer stay with YongZheng. It was to save her own sanity. But once she left the Palace, she was free to love YinZhen as YinZhen, not as 4 A Ge or YongZhengDi. She wasn't there to witness his ruling and politics. So she could continue to love him without resentment so to speak.
    omg!!!!!!!!! we can be 8th shipper buddies. yeah, half of my heart went missing when their relationship ended and dreaded 4 days to read the ending knowing what the end is holding for 8th. he sacrificed a lot for rouxi until the very end. comparing of the many things 8th did and 4th did for rouxi i think 8th did much more, but i guess in love it's not about who did more for who its all just about feelings and i guess that's where 8th lost. BUT im still an 8th shipper all the way. and to a certain extend i think rouxi is pretty darn selfish.

Hi all, I was wondering did Ruoxi feel any bitterness or resentment after she was punished to be a washermaid in the novel? I was watching the previews of the dramas for the next few episodes and it seems that she got bullied by the other maids and her hands got raw and red from washing so many clothes. Was she ever reinstated to her original position before the emperor died?

Actually I've been thinking that Ruoxi is really unusual and she must be really in love with 4th. Even though he told her that he cannot ask for hand in marriage anymore (after the 13th banishment incident) and maybe the emperor would find a better match for her, she still continues to be in love with him and did not have any anger towards him. This is what I have seen from the drama. Is this the same scene in the novel?

Actually, I hoped that Ruoxi could have fallen in love with 14th instead. Maybe it's the portrayal in the drama, but he seems to be genuinely caring for her and also not as extreme as the other princes.

Originally Posted by hellokitty1986
    quick question so who's here is rx and 8th shipper and who's here is rx and 4th shipper?
    Hmmm, actually right now I don't know what to think. I would say I'm a 14th shipper? I think that actually whatever 4th did for her, the other princes would have done the same time if they were in his shoes.

Hi all, I was wondering did Ruoxi feel any bitterness or resentment after she was punished to be a washermaid in the novel? I was watching the previews of the dramas for the next few episodes and it seems that she got bullied by the other maids and her hands got raw and red from washing so many clothes. Was she ever reinstated to her original position before the emperor died?

Actually I've been thinking that Ruoxi is really unusual and she must be really in love with 4th. Even though he told her that he cannot ask for hand in marriage anymore (after the 13th banishment incident) and maybe the emperor would find a better match for her, she still continues to be in love with him and did not have any anger towards him. This is what I have seen from the drama. Is this the same scene in the novel?

Actually, I hoped that Ruoxi could have fallen in love with 14th instead. Maybe it's the portrayal in the drama, but he seems to be genuinely caring for her and also not as extreme as the other princes.

Hmmm, actually right now I don't know what to think. I would say I'm a 14th shipper? I think that actually whatever 4th did for her, the other princes would have done the same time if they were in his shoes.
    i'm not sure how closely the drama is to the book bc personally i haven't even touch the drama. what i do remember is although she did get punished to become the washermaid (for 6 yrs or so i think) for refusing to marry 14th she was never angry or mad at 4th. she knew by refusing the emperor that she would be punished, but she still chose to do so bc at this point she is very much in love with him. SPOILER: she even told him in one scene that her heart refuses so there's nothing else she can do and i believe that is when he told her he will do whatever it takes to save her and 13th. yeah, she did get pick on in the book during her time at the washermaid department, but i think it was only in the beginning and they quit picking on her after she had a "talk" with them and i think from then on all is well. and i believe 4th told her on multiple occasions that he no longer is able to ask the emperor for her hand in marriage for he fear that it would ruin the chances of him being able to gain the emperor trust to become king later on . at the time kangxi was very weary about the whole situation with the excrown prince and 8th bc everyone was very much fighting for the throne and kangxi hated anyone that had the court partition in their favor so 4th believed that the only way to gain kangxi trust is to remove himself completely from all court matter and he did although you see later towards the end that no matter what he did was sort of useless bc you will see later on down the line that kangxi all along wanted to crown 14th as the next emperor. if you want to know more you can pm me. i dont know if we should be posting so much spoilers here. lol

yeah, besides 8th shipper i agree with being a 14th shipper. although its debatable whether are not he really had romantic feelings for her, but for me as i was reading the book and towards the end of the book i really felt that all a long he really fell in love with her. i think as he said it himself "when she chose to race for him, that's when he chose or vow to himself that he will protect her forever" and for the most part he did try his best to do so. i think that's a bit crossing the lines of being friends, especially when he went and ask the emperor to bestow her to him multiple of times in hope of taking her out of the washermaid situation. and just the end part when she was dying in his arm he gave her a peck on the forehead i think that kind of shows that all a long he carried a torch for her. just my 2 and half cent.

btw starberry the reason why i haven't watch the drama is bc i really don't want to see our poor 8th. it's already bad enough when i visualize in my head his pain and suffering let alone seeing kevin cheng putting the show on. kevin is a very good actor and i've seen him in previous similar roles and i dont know if i can ask my heart to be at ease when i watch the drama. i'll probably end up screaming at the screen every time i see 8th in pain .and end up yelling every time rouxi hurts him

Wink

i'm not sure how closely the drama is to the book bc personally i haven't even touch the drama. what i do remember is although she did get punished to become the washermaid (for 6 yrs or so i think) for refusing to marry 14th she was never angry or mad at 4th. she knew by refusing the emperor that she would be punished, but she still chose to do so bc at this point she is very much in love with him. SPOILER: she even told him in one scene that her heart refuses so there's nothing else she can do and i believe that is when he told her he will do whatever it takes to save her and 13th. yeah, she did get pick on in the book during her time at the washermaid department, but i think it was only in the beginning and they quit picking on her after she had a "talk" with them and i think from then on all is well. and i believe 4th told her on multiple occasions that he no longer is able to ask the emperor for her hand in marriage for he fear that it would ruin the chances of him being able to gain the emperor trust to become king later on . at the time kangxi was very weary about the whole situation with the excrown prince and 8th bc everyone was very much fighting for the throne and kangxi hated anyone that had the court partition in their favor so 4th believed that the only way to gain kangxi trust is to remove himself completely from all court matter and he did although you see later towards the end that no matter what he did was sort of useless bc you will see later on down the line that kangxi all along wanted to crown 14th as the next emperor. if you want to know more you can pm me. i dont know if we should be posting so much spoilers here. lol

yeah, besides 8th shipper i agree with being a 14th shipper. although its debatable whether are not he really had romantic feelings for her, but for me as i was reading the book and towards the end of the book i really felt that all a long he really fell in love with her. i think as he said it himself "when she chose to race for him, that's when he chose or vow to himself that he will protect her forever" and for the most part he did try his best to do so. i think that's a bit crossing the lines of being friends, especially when he went and ask the emperor to bestow her to him multiple of times in hope of taking her out of the washermaid situation. and just the end part when she was dying in his arm he gave her a peck on the forehead i think that kind of shows that all a long he carried a torch for her. just my 2 and half cent.
    hi thanks for answering my question! i think it should be ok to post here because the warning in the title so lots of spoilers already but if you don't want to spoil things for others, i don't mind pm-ing you instead.

Hmmm seems the novel and drama differs abit, i saw a preview where it seems that the emperor wanted to pass the throne to 4th? but the scene may have been cut off at the critical point where the emperor was very sick already and wanted 4th to promise him something.

What is your take on 14th in the novel? I've read a few comments that book vs drama, he is more appealing in the drama?

i think 14th probably had a mixture of love and friendship and sibling feelings for her. i think his love for her is not less than 4th or 8th. she is lucky to have him on her side

actually before seeing the previews for the later episodes in the drama, i was quite pro-4th and Rx, but seeing the actions of 4th as emperor, which maybe cruel but necessary, i think it's understandable why rx wanted to leave the palace.

omg!!!!!!!!! we can be 8th shipper buddies. yeah, half of my heart went missing when their relationship ended and dreaded 4 days to read the ending knowing what the end is holding for 8th. he sacrificed a lot for rouxi until the very end. comparing of the many things 8th did and 4th did for rouxi i think 8th did much more, but i guess in love it's not about who did more for who its all just about feelings and i guess that's where 8th lost. BUT im still an 8th shipper all the way. and to a certain extend i think rouxi is pretty darn selfish.
    Lol, I'll have to defend 4 a bit. He did shield her from an arrow without thinking and I think that sealed the deal for her. Whereas 8 does a lot, it never got to the point of major sacrifice. Even when he told YongZheng about his relationship with RX so YZ would let her go, he didn't have to fear repercussion at the point. Life to him was already hell and he was actually seeking death. But for what it's worth, he's still my favorite and I still wish RX would just give their relationship a chance. Or RuoLan loving him back, or MingHui not dying on him. Poor 8 :'( BTW, you can always watch the drama up to the break up ^_^ just don't go further. Gawd, you know how Chinese dramas have tons of spoilers in their themesongs? I already see dozen of tragic scenes that don't happen 'til the end.

Hmmm seems the novel and drama differs abit, i saw a preview where it seems that the emperor wanted to pass the throne to 4th? but the scene may have been cut off at the critical point where the emperor was very sick already and wanted 4th to promise him something.
    Well nobody knows who the emperor wanted to pass the throne too. It was between 4 and 14 at that point but since 14 was away, 4 was called in. I might have to go back and read the novel again, but I remember two specific scenes that are sort of at odds with each other. One was where YongZheng felt indignant that people insinuated he stole the throne, and RX said, of course you didn't steal it so don't mind the nonsense. But the other scene is where 14 asked RX if it was true his father gave 4 the throne, and RX hesitated but ended up telling him yes, and then felt sorry for him. Oh... and Eunuch Li (Kangxi's eunuch) was offed soon after, so hmm~
    Sorry if my memory's hazy, but at that point I was pretty much skimming toward the end to see if she found a way out of the 18th century.
    Last edited by hinako442003; 09-22-11 at 08:23 AM. Reason: wrong quote syntax

[QUOTE=starberry;1002996]

What is your take on 14th in the novel? I've read a few comments that book vs drama, he is more appealing in the drama?

i personally liked 14th character in the book very much since we've seen how he came to his manhood. we were first introduced to him as a 13-15 yrs old boy. i think he was either the same age with rx or a little older and in the book she's actually is 13 instead of 16 like in the drama. he was very playful, mischievous, curious but always had a kind heart imo. yeah, he was with 8th and they were going against 4th, but i didn't see any devious actions from his behalf. you see their friendship grows and his feelings for her eventually escalated to what i believe is love (for him only). the way he kneel in the rain for a whole night to beg the emperor for forgiveness to relentlessly asking him on several occasions to bestow her to him so he can save her. then he went to war and became a real man and you definitely can tell that he changed when he came back from the front line, but i don't think for a second his feelings towards rx changed at all . if anything it has deepened through the course of time. at least for 14th he got to spend the last few months of rx life with her reminiscing about their childhood and happy times.

[QUOTE=hinako442003;1003005]Lol, I'll have to defend 4 a bit. He did shield her from an arrow without thinking and I think that sealed the deal for her. Whereas 8 does a lot, it never got to the point of major sacrifice. Even when he told YongZheng about his relationship with RX so YZ would let her go, he didn't have to fear repercussion at the point. Life to him was already hell and he was actually seeking death. But for what it's worth, he's still my favorite and I still wish RX would just give their relationship a chance. Or RuoLan loving him back, or MingHui not dying on him. Poor 8 :'( BTW, you can always watch the drama up to the break up ^_^ just don't go further. Gawd, you know how Chinese dramas have tons of spoilers in their themesongs? I already see dozen of tragic scenes that don't happen 'til the end.

so in the drama does she actually go back to the 21st century or no ?

[QUOTE=hellokitty1986;1003178]
    Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003 View Post
    Lol, I'll have to defend 4 a bit. He did shield her from an arrow without thinking and I think that sealed the deal for her. Whereas 8 does a lot, it never got to the point of major sacrifice. Even when he told YongZheng about his relationship with RX so YZ would let her go, he didn't have to fear repercussion at the point. Life to him was already hell and he was actually seeking death. But for what it's worth, he's still my favorite and I still wish RX would just give their relationship a chance. Or RuoLan loving him back, or MingHui not dying on him. Poor 8 :'( BTW, you can always watch the drama up to the break up ^_^ just don't go further. Gawd, you know how Chinese dramas have tons of spoilers in their themesongs? I already see dozen of tragic scenes that don't happen 'til the end.

so in the drama does she actually go back to the 21st century or no ?
    I sent you a PM regarding the drama ending

Thanks Plushie for the answers I can't wait to read the novel!

hi, i was wondering why were the princes/emperor were initially angry when they heard that ruoxi was cremated instead of buried? what is wrong with cremation?

hi, i was wondering why were the princes/emperor were initially angry when they heard that ruoxi was cremated instead of buried? what is wrong with cremation?
    i'm not sure exactly, but i guess according to the olden customs one must be buried instead of being cremated. i guess it has something to do with keeping your body intact once you die and it's very important to olden days people to have your body in one piece. that's why when you're granted death from the emperor or higher up officials they usually say something a long the lines of " the only thing that i can grant for you is let you die in one piece". i believe according to Manchurian customs (for royal family not sure if it's for all Manchurian) that the son will always need to be buried with his father upon his death and i think according to historians Yongzheng wasn't buried with his father.

Oh I want to buy the latest edition of the BBJX novel! Does anyone know where I can purchase this edition and let it ship to Europe?