Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    *gasps* Did you say mini-epilogues?! Oh pretty please tell me that someone has the links for them.
    Hi Vienne94, sorry for getting back so late to you. Here's the link to the 30,000 words extension in the new edition. Enjoy!
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1222989515

I'd love to hear what everyone who has a chance to read it thinks about the new additions.

Quote Originally Posted by starberry View Post
    hi, i was wondering why were the princes/emperor were initially angry when they heard that ruoxi was cremated instead of buried? what is wrong with cremation?
    I think only criminals were cremated in those days. Otherwise you should be buried fully intact so you can reincarnate. But also, YongZheng was upset he couldn't even see her corpse after not being able to see her one last time while she was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    As an entirely separate thought- I thought that the scene when Ruoxi finally was forced to tell 4th why Kangxi was punishing her was a very moving one.

She had told no one that the reason she was sentenced to indefinite hard labor was that she refused to marry 14th.

Everyone assumed she had begged on 8th's behalf over his most recent fall from grace.

And know that before that scene she and 4th had a pact.

Between them, nothing but the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the brutal, honest truth.

In that light, she had told 4th that she wanted to marry him (straight up!) because she thought that he could defend her and help her escape from the Forbidden city into a safe small courtyard where she could get away from the politics and strife.

4th had earlier laughed and broken her unrealistic dream of serving Kangxi forever, or being retired as a maid to do what she wanted once dismissed from service. 4th pointed out that as 8th's sister-in-law, from a good Manchu family, and also with strong ties with Mongolia via Princess Min-min, Min-min's husband and Min-min's father, she was a valuable pawn.

Sooner or later, some prince would convince Kangxi to bestow her as a gift. The best thing for her to do was to pick a prince she could stand, even if not love, and be assured of a comfortable future with and try to influence Kangxi's choice. He further told her to do it soon, because she didn't have all the time in the world.

Ruoxi was crushed that her dreams were unrealistic and that she thought she was fighting so hard for her freedom, and yet still she wasn't free and would never be.

4th didn't spare her. And so Ruoxi didn't spare 4th.

She told 4th that she could lie and tell him that she fell in love with him because he saved her, or because he was heroic etc., but really she wants him to marry her because she thinks he's going to be a reliable tree for her. 4th laughed a little bitterly at her candor, but told her he wasn't willing to marry her... yet. (Funnily he waited for a while to say "yet" so that Ruoxi laughed a little bitterly that she had overestimated her own worth! )

But yes, so it is that 4th was shocked that Ruoxi turned down 14th.

This scene is worth translating here-
    他脸色骤暗,“皇阿玛想把你赐给十四弟?你为什么不愿意?”我微笑不语。他问:“你不是一直想着逃离紫禁城 吗?不是总想着找个小院子平平安安过日子吗?大 好的机会就在眼前,为什么不要!为什么偏要抗旨?十四弟相貌出众,文才武略在我们兄弟中也是拔尖的,现在最 得皇阿玛倚重,对你又极好,你忘了大雨中他为你 一跪就是一夜吗?你还有什么不满意的?”我道:“事情已经过去,再提又有什么意思?”
      他低头无语,半晌,忽地抬头看着我坚定地说:“若曦,你 必须告诉我原因。”我捂着心口,侧头笑道:“顺从了自己的心,它不愿意,我一点办法也没有。”他表情似喜似 悲,盯了我半晌后道:“造化弄人?我偏不信这个 邪!我不信我们无缘!就是老天不给,我也要从他手里夺来!”一面举手轻抚着我脸庞,一面一字一顿地道:“我 一定会救十三弟出来,也一定会娶你!”说完,一 甩袖转身大步而去。

4th's face darkened "Father wanted to give you to 14th brother in marriage? Why weren't you willing?"

I smiled wordlessly.

He asked "Haven't you always wanted to escape the Forbidden city? Aren't you thinking about finding a small courtyard somewhere to peacefully live out the rest of your life? The opportunity was right there in front of you, why didn't you take it? Why defy an edict? 14th brother is handsome, his scholarly and martial achievements equally outstanding, and he's in Kangxi's favor right now. Plus he's been good to you- have you forgotten he knelt all night in the rain for you? How could you still refuse him?"

I replied "It's over now. Why rehash the past?"

He bowed his head silently for a moment and then suddenly looked up with force. "You must tell me why."

I pointed to my heart and laughed "I gave way to my heart. It was unwilling and there was nothing i could do about it."

Looks of joy and heartbreak passed over 4th's face and he was silent for a half moment.

"I don't believe in fate, I defy fate. I will snatch from fate's hand."

He stroked my face and said the next words, one forceful word at a time.

"I will save 13th and I will marry you."

And then he turned and was gone.

It is the first time I think that 4th appreciates that Ruoxi loves him now, and it's more than a way out of the Forbidden city for her.

And later, as 14th garnered more and more glory and honors, 4th only once asked Ruoxi if she regretted her choice. And she said no.

Again it's all incredibly bare, specially given Ruoxi hardly ever got to see 4th- "barely once a year"- and yet their meetings were always short and filled with only the most mundane, the least dramatic slow conversation about their health or the seasons. Like all the other moving scenes in the novel, they're all very understated, and in fact this one I translated might be the most explicit 4th and Ruoxi ever get to expressing themselves.

For readers of English fiction, this seems laughably mute, with hardly any drama. But I think the idea, for better or for worse, that the really important words don't need to be said is a very strong force yet in Chinese fiction. I think of it as a type of Chinese water painting- where clouds and water are often painted with no paint. So that a whole painting can be mostly blank spots with bits of mountains in-between to imply the massive monoliths but not explicitly portray them.

So it is that the drama in all the scenes are sometimes around what doesn't happen and what isn't said.
    really like the write up... =)
    hmm, but wouldn't it be better if it shows 14th being jealous because he could never win 4th in getting ruoxi heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    I go into more details in regard to the 3 incidents here:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...l=1#post968860

The 3 incidents are:

1) When 4th firmly and straightforwardly said Yes, when Ruoxi asked if he wanted the throne.
    2) When 4th showed up in the rain to see her when she is kneeling in the gardens despite the fact that he should have been the last person that should have done so.
    3) When 4th blocked that arrow for Ruoxi but the most crucial part was right afterwards, he said if he was given time to think, he would not have blocked it for her. Those final words, paired with his action of blocking the arrow cemented her love for him.

Tonghua's notes should be fairly easy to find. You can probably scrounge around the tiebas if you can read Chinese. ^^

It's never explained in the novel why 4th loves Magnolia. But in Flower symbolism, Magnolia symbolizes nobility (having a noble soul), dignity, perseverance and love of nature.

I think you can all prolly tell I support 4th, ok with 8th and dislike 14th. LOL.
    Finally someone on the same brain wave as me... happy....
    Little Angel-Devil
    Prince Kristy

Magnolias Team,

Is anyone working on part 4 of Chapter 8 right now?
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    Magnolias Team,

Is anyone working on part 4 of Chapter 8 right now?
    I thought whitepaper was handling it? Maybe PM her.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

I've just read a translation of the 5th epilogue (about 14th) of BBJX and was wondering about something. In it, 14th said 4th took RX's ashes and didn't release it to the wind like her wish. I know in the drama he did. What I'm curious about is were the epilogues written and released (online or bk form) before the drama (script) was done?

And the drama really painted a better/happier picture of 14th's house arrest after RX's death than the book's 5th epilogue. He seemed like he had a peaceful time playing Chinese chess w/ 13th in the drama, while, in the epilogue, it was really house arrest, with lots of restrictions.
    Last edited by fuyuko; 10-03-11 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    Yeah. Especially because he had been waiting for so many years for her to accept him, and when she did, he was so happy. They were so cute. And then she broke up with him. I felt so sad for him.

But, 4th/Ruoxi will steal your heart when you read to their parts!!

Alright fellow Maggie translators! I'm ready to start a new section of translation. Right now, it seems like chapter 11 is unclaimed, so I will do that. If anyone wants to split a chapter that you're working on, let me know, though. I'm pretty easy.
    Hi can you tell me were can I go to read this translated novel
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    Hi can you tell me were can I go to read this translated novel
    thx
    http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/
    We have only released up to chapter 8. It's still a work in progress.

Magnolia team,
    Is anyone going to take chapter 8? I am finishing off my previous commitment of chapter 11, and then I can hop back and take chapter 8 in a few days. It will likely not be available for weekly releases, though. RL has taken over, but I can do a couple paragraphs every now and then. Hate to leave the readers hanging.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/
    We have only released up to chapter 8. It's still a work in progress.

Magnolia team,
    Is anyone going to take chapter 8? I am finishing off my previous commitment of chapter 11, and then I can hop back and take chapter 8 in a few days. It will likely not be available for weekly releases, though. RL has taken over, but I can do a couple paragraphs every now and then. Hate to leave the readers hanging.
    That would be great. I pmed whitepaper but haven't received a reply yet. Thank you so much Hoju. And I'm sorry guys for not being able to help out more. Waves of work just keep going at me. As this is my MCAT year, I can't afford to slack off. I'll try to catch up during one of my breaks.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

dear all,
    i'm from Malaysia, eventhough I'm a chinese but I cant read and write in chinese.
    1 big regret till i die. :P

Anyway I have finished watching this drama and I can say i love it so much!!
    and I just cant get over it. I think it will be great if i can get a chance to read the novel.
    So I google the english version of the novel and i found this discussion.

I'm so glad and appreciate you all hardwork to sacrifice your personal time to benefit
    people like me who are chinese illiterate. The side note is awesome too to me to
    understand more in order to appreciate the story.

Quote Originally Posted by aishiiteru View Post
    dear all,
    i'm from Malaysia, eventhough I'm a chinese but I cant read and write in chinese.
    1 big regret till i die. :P

Anyway I have finished watching this drama and I can say i love it so much!!
    and I just cant get over it. I think it will be great if i can get a chance to read the novel.
    So I google the english version of the novel and i found this discussion.

I'm so glad and appreciate you all hardwork to sacrifice your personal time to benefit
    people like me who are chinese illiterate. The side note is awesome too to me to
    understand more in order to appreciate the story.
    Thanks for the compliments aishiiteru. We're all fans of BBJX, and I'm glad there's now another one.
    We're currently stuck on Chapter 8, as our translator for that particular chapter is MIA (this situation would count as MIA, right gals?) so other translators are translating parts at a time. BBJX translations should run smoothly after that, provided there are no more translators MIA.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Thanks for the compliments aishiiteru. We're all fans of BBJX, and I'm glad there's now another one.
    We're currently stuck on Chapter 8, as our translator for that particular chapter is MIA (this situation would count as MIA, right gals?) so other translators are translating parts at a time. BBJX translations should run smoothly after that, provided there are no more translators MIA.
    oh.. how i wish i can help you all

Dear Magnolia Team,

I have finished reading all translated chapter on the blog. This really amazing!
    the footnote really helpful.

When I was watching the drama, I keep on thinking why Kangxi treat the crown prince so good?
    I just dont understand. But now all make sense!!

Thank you so much!!!

Glad to hear you are liking the translation, aishiiteru!

Edit: nvm....
    Last edited by Hoju!; 10-07-11 at 11:20 PM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

I have a quick question....why does 4th prince mother at pretty cold toward him and very loving toward 14th prince?
    Last edited by shineEe20; 10-08-11 at 03:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by shineEe20 View Post
    I have a quick question....why does 4th prince mother at pretty cold toward him and very loving toward 14th prince?
    De Fei had to give 4th to a higher status concubine to raise, but managed to raise 14th herself, therefore she favors 14th.

Hey guys. =D

Just popping by to tell you all that I got the drafts of chapter 8 part 4 from whitepaper and Hoju. I have not gotten a chance to look at it yet, unfortuantely, but I will once I get home today.

Sorry I'm not around on the boards very much these days, as I'm pretty busy. However, I do check my email regularly, so if there are new translations just send them my way.

Thanks guys~
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    You can by the book from YesAsia.com - but this is the Taiwanese version, i.e. it's using traditional Chinese characters.
    Here are the links:
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/startl...0-en/info.html
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/bu-bu-...0-en/info.html
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/bu-bu-...0-en/info.html

I'm so obsessed by it, it's no joke.
    I am from Singapore and just finished watching the drama too. Can't get over it, it's awesome because of its historical background and touching story line.

If you read and type mandarin, you may purchase the latest novel (in simplified mandarin) from www.dangdang.com, I think the biggest internal retailer of chinese books based in China. The books which they sell are also really low-cost, just got to pay a bit more for courier but even after adding both together it's cheaper than what YES charges.

Default Bu Bu Books

If anyone is interested

Kinokuniya Singapore does have the books in stock, but those are the old ones w/o the additional epilogue
    If you want the latest with epilogue and postcard/photos of the bu bu cast, you can pre-order them. They are coming in mid-November

That is the China version (simplified) - no girl on cover

The Taiwan version (traditional) chinese - girl on cover - is also avaliable

Do you know if anyone had translate the additional 3000 words? Do u know where i can find the English version?